It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How strong is your belief in the 2012 prophecies?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I think the governments will use the 2012 excuse to create mahem, and blame it on 2012.
So many are programmed to think something will happen then, the masses would not question it.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I believe in prophecies (including the ones surrounding 2012) just as much as I believe in the tooth fairy, Nostradamus, Santa Claus, the Judeo-Christian god and Leprechauns.

Sure, judging by the way things are going internationally, there is a chance something big will happen next year.
But the same thing could have been said about nearly every other year.

The fact that our Gregorian calendar ends on December 31st doesn't mean anything more than "We need a new calendar."

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I note that people are still doing the end of the world or changes are coming crap but as I knew would be the case most people aren't going to state even their ats name on the bogus predictions for 2012.

So do people believe in the SO CALLED mayan predictions and other 2012 predictions as stated for twenty 12 or not?

All throughout ats there's people gabbing on about 2012 and it's all going to change be it good or bad and then once posting a thread like this the only strait forward answers are from the people who know it all to be bunk.

I guess the ones who claim there's truth to the 2012 prophecies don't have so much faith in what they post when it comes to a thread asking them to state it so it can be looked at a year from now.

edit on 6-1-2012 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The only thing about 2012 that I am sure of is that not everyone can be right but all of them can surely be wrong. In my opinion the biggest stories of this year will include East Asia. Question is, will anyone realize their importance behind the Middle East fiasco?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whipfather
I believe in prophecies (including the ones surrounding 2012) just as much as I believe in the tooth fairy, Nostradamus, Santa Claus, the Judeo-Christian god and Leprechauns.

Sure, judging by the way things are going internationally, there is a chance something big will happen next year.
But the same thing could have been said about nearly every other year.

The fact that our Gregorian calendar ends on December 31st doesn't mean anything more than "We need a new calendar."

That's right. The world is always going to have history effecting events but it's a far cry from "A new awakening" or "the end of society as we know it". I'm sure the Londoners in WW2 thought the world was going to end as well but the bombing weren't the result of some supernatural preplanned cosmic event.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
I note that people are still doing the end of the world or changes are coming crap but as I knew would be the case most people aren't going to state even their ats name on the bogus predictions for 2012.

So do people believe in the SO CALLED mayan predictions and other 2012 predictions as stated for twenty 12 or not?

All throughout ats there's people gabbing on about 2012 and it's all going to change be it good or bad and then once posting a thread like this the only strait forward answers are from the people who know it all to be bunk.

I guess the ones who claim there's truth to the 2012 prophecies don't have so much faith in what they post when it comes to a thread asking them to state it so it can be looked at a year from now.

edit on 6-1-2012 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

Spot on observation.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfeit
The only thing about 2012 that I am sure of is that not everyone can be right but all of them can surely be wrong. In my opinion the biggest stories of this year will include East Asia. Question is, will anyone realize their importance behind the Middle East fiasco?

But this isn't about geopolitical modeling which is done all the time and there's a science behind it. This thread is about do you believe that the prophecies as stated in the all the new age crap for 2012 is going to happen in 2012 as is the spin.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

This is exactly what I've found with my threads. I get a lot of flak when I claim that nothing will happen in 2012, but when people are actually called out to present evidence they hush up. These people can't even produce an example of the Long Count that ends on December 21, 2012. They are simply parroting the claims of New Age authors. I'm beginning to think that the people that support the 2012 prophecies treat this more as a game than reality. I feel that they don't actually believe any of the claims, but at the same time they feel that they need to "believe" in it because its contrarian and "alternative." In the end all of this 2012 nonsense just shows that many in the fringe community are just as guilty of being sheople as the people they mock.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
There are over 7 billion people alive on the earth right now.

That is more then the COMBINED amount of people that have ever lived on the planet. (The last 12,000 plus years, go back farther? Dunno)

Statisticly, there are going to be higher amounts of death at any one location, or multiple locations, whether manmade, or weather created conditions, to have these events occur. They WILL happen.

So,, was it a Universe created destruction of mankind event? Or just a Cycle of passing stars that ocurrs every 12,000 years? (Myans,Birth of Christ,Etc)

Is it the "Illuminanti" trying to get to 500,000 global population by keeping some slaves, and empowering those that rule? dunno

If you survive? Back to work. Wake up. If you can read this, I'll bet you can figure out how to survive.

Nothing in 2012 is going to be any different then 2011 or 2013. CME? UH OH... No Computer for a month? That it?
A Volcano in Western U.S?
YES There will be massive deaths and no engines working due to ash.

CHILL. Don't use the end of the world BS as a reason to postpone your responsibilities to yourself.

Feeding the planet? Good Idea.
Save The Children? Good Idea
Stop corruption in politics? WHO'S politics? U.S's? Hillary and Bill's? Bushes?
New Korean Leaders politics?
Knock off the crap. Think about YOUR responsibilities to yourself, and prepare accordingly long term.

You asked about the end of the world scenario. Ain't gonna happen depending on where you are.
Or it will happen.

It depends on where you are. MOST of the 7 billion will continue to work to feed the rest of us finding new ways of invention. We eat. Then we feed each other.

Humans are like cockroaches with SOULS here on Earth. WE multiply quite well thank you.

We'll survive. We will. Back to work and bitch.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I don't know what to believe when it comes to 12-21-12 but i'll have a glock 33 handy just in case.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by Surfeit

But this isn't about geopolitical modeling which is done all the time and there's a science behind it. This thread is about do you believe that the prophecies as stated in the all the new age crap for 2012 is going to happen in 2012 as is the spin.

I guess a simple no would have suffice.
RBS gets me every time.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Basically, "whatever will be, will be". That said, I've moved my own homestead inland from the East Coast. It just felt "right".
Congress is acting so irrationally, and without any seeming coordination/correspondence to their own constituents' desires, that I'm forced to wonder if their options are mainly focused on saving their personal *sses, and of those close to them.
Something's weird, and I doubt the greater US majority is privy to it.
I hope I'm only being unnecessarily skeptical, but I feel that being an "ostrich" is not a viable option, either.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

This is exactly what I've found with my threads. I get a lot of flak when I claim that nothing will happen in 2012, but when people are actually called out to present evidence they hush up. These people can't even produce an example of the Long Count that ends on December 21, 2012. They are simply parroting the claims of New Age authors. I'm beginning to think that the people that support the 2012 prophecies treat this more as a game than reality. I feel that they don't actually believe any of the claims, but at the same time they feel that they need to "believe" in it because its contrarian and "alternative." In the end all of this 2012 nonsense just shows that many in the fringe community are just as guilty of being sheople as the people they mock.

That's because they're enemies of reason. They don't need to have or even know the reason behind what they spread.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackTTC6
I don't know what to believe when it comes to 12-21-12 but i'll have a glock 33 handy just in case.

As you should on any given day.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I do not believe in it one bit but I am starting to hope something does happen. The human race needs a wake up call.

Now that being said even is 2012 is true there is no real way of knowing just when it will happen because from what I have been reading here on ATS and other sites our calendar could be off by as much as 300 years. There is a good thread about it here on ATS somewhere. So if it is true I think it will happen on any date but 12/21/12 and could be delayed until as late as 2312.

I feel it is going to be just another day like any other.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
We possess the technology to make the 2012 myth a reality.

Mankind can have its own "Judgement Day" and decide who gets to continue living on Earth. The sheeple of the planet wouldn't even know it was the worlds new GODS doing it...with the technology they have at their hands.

2012 = man made is a possibility.

Pity the future of humanity and the souls who are born into the new world.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I would get a 12/12/12 TOLD YA License Plate, but what would it prove?

We were right or wrong?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Strong enough to read some of the more thought provoking theories, but weak enough so that I'll be planning a kick a## party for 12/31/2012.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal

Strong enough to read some of the more thought provoking theories, but weak enough so that I'll be planning a kick a## party for 12/31/2012.

So that one can go into the non commital fence sitting, if youre wrong you're right and if you're right you're right, cover your backside, I can say told you so to whichever side is wrong basket?

Still no faith happeneing there either way.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
We possess the technology to make the 2012 myth a reality.

Mankind can have its own "Judgement Day" and decide who gets to continue living on Earth. The sheeple of the planet wouldn't even know it was the worlds new GODS doing it...with the technology they have at their hands.

2012 = man made is a possibility.

Pity the future of humanity and the souls who are born into the new world.

Something tells me that TPTB aren't going to bring in a new world order or push a blast button just because some new age books claim there's going to be some kind of cosmic shift in 2012 be it a good one or bad.
edit on 6-1-2012 by steveknows because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join