It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would a President Ron Paul Change the Conspiracy Theory Realm?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Never started a thread, so please be gentle.
Also, wasn't sure if this belongs in US Political Madness or General Conspiracies or 2012 or whatnot. My sincere apologies to the mods.

Anyhoo...being impossible to notice the impressive show of support Paul receives on this site, I got to thinking of the duality as it applies to the typical ATSer. I have yet to come across an "oatmeal" Paul supporter. He garners genuine awe, admiration, and affection from just about everyone in his base.

However, assuming he were elected President of the United States come November, do you (average/typical/tin foil hat wearing ATSer) believe that anything would become different under his reign in terms of the topics discussed on this site?

Specifically as it relates to the average conspiracy theorist: Would there be a shift towards alien/UFO disclosure? Would NASA be forced into greater transparency? If a celestial object were discovered to threaten the Earth, would we be told in advance?

Or, just taking the opposite POV, would nothing change? Would President Paul likely fall in line with every other POTUS as far as these topics of interest are concerned? If so, why? Would he simply be controlled by TPTB that control TPTB?

I guess specifically I'm curious to hear how the die-hard Ron Paul supporters think he would change this whole realm we participate in every day on Above Top Secret. Cheers.
edit on 6-1-2012 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

Impossible to know, except by judging his character, he is such an honest man.

I am sure he would be against coverups and would push for disclosure on basically everything possible, that would not threaten national security(like maybe not on nuke locations, weapon specs, cia current ops etc)

But what he can, he would surely push for disclosure on.

Also it depends on what his Vice president would be... If Jesse Venture i am sure there would be alot of disclosure happening as well =)

edit on 6-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I am a long time Ron Paul supporter and I believe that he will initiate ALOT of change, but I do feel that TPTB would kill him just as they did JFK and get away with it.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Do you know that the legal definition of "conspiracy" is when two or more people cooperate to do an illegal act. Based on this definition conspiracy occurs all the time.

Now, coming back to Dr Ron Paul and existence of extra-terrestrial life, what if Dr Ron Paul becomes the President of USA and there is no proof by the government of existence of these ET alien beings, how do you react?

What if there is ET alien beings detected, and Dr Ron Paul decided not to tell the public because it could cause panic and hysteria and possibly violence. How would you react?

Therefore it all depends on what we know. Please distinguish knowing from what we believe. This is like day and night. If we don't know, there is no way of being sure if someone is lying. For example, if a total stranger comes up to you and says, "Hi, my name is John. Could you tell me where is the nearest restaurant?". How do you know if his name is John? You cannot know just based on this. If you know that his name is Pete only then you can tell if he is lying.

Back to ETs. If you have not seen a ET it is impossible to know if what some one else is saying that they have seen ET is true or false. Closest you can get is "I trust this guy because he has not lied to me before so I will believe that he has seen a ET and therefore i believe there is ET". But still it is only a believe. You really don't know.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by richardgrieves

I would imagine that any good government that came to the realization that there was no information regarding direct contact with an alien non human intelligence to at least start to boost research on UFO observations as is their duty, and to start to process anyone that was derelict in their duty or knowingly causes civil unrest by creating and acting in ways that have not only contributed to pervert the normal progress of science but caused not only material but moral damages to people and organizations. This after a top government decree that anyone keeping any such thing secret or contributing to the suppression of such information would be criminal pursued as a traitor.

That would solve it perfectly for every angle.

edit on 6-1-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

to be blunt no as despite what ever president paul did it would not conform to what people want to hear
edit on 6-1-2012 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus

Specifically as it relates to the average conspiracy theorist: Would there be a shift towards alien/UFO disclosure? Would NASA be forced into greater transparency? If a celestial object were discovered to threaten the Earth, would we be told in advance?

No because Ron is smart enough to know that there are no "aliens" or "green-martians" or "Pleadians" or "Reptiles" piloting the MAN-MADE craft that we call UFOs. Craft that have been defying physics for decades now and piloted by MEN not outer-space beings.

edit on 6-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
There shall never be a "President Ron Paul" (in this dimension at least

As my grandad said you can poo in one hand and wish in another, see which one gets full first.
Time to realize it, peeps, your old horse can't keep up with the race. Out to pasture time. Then feed him to the French.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Personally, I think the conspiracy talk would revolve around those wishing to harm or undermine him. It's all too obvious the media and those it serves are against him. So, whoever your secret NWO figure head of choice is, I suspect the conspiracy would be the means they would use to usurp him.
edit on 1/6/2012 by DiabolusFireDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Agreed. There's such a devotion to the man though, that I have to wonder if there would be a terrible letdown if he were elected and he were to merely follow in the footsteps of every other POTUS. Or will there be a monumental shift in policy just because he's been elected, and now all those things that are discussed here at ATS will suddenly be thrown into the light and President Paul will give it to us straight?

I guess my query is more for those closer to the fringe than the mainstream. The same folks that believe the moon landing was a hoax, or that the Japanese Princess is on to something, or Mars was knocked off its orbit by an explosion on Venus. You get the gist.
edit on 7-1-2012 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
nice thread idea!

I've watched Paul concerning 9/11 and have noticed he sticks to the common OS view just enough to NOT make a statement about it! In other words, I have a feeling if he got in as Pres he would probably start a real, unbiased investigation into 9/11. Right now to mention 9/11 (as the inside job it was) is political suicide and Paul and his staff are experts at staying in the positive limelight in such things.

edit on 7-1-2012 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
If Ron Paul became President, I don't think he would be given too much top secret clearance on information. Unless doing so would help TPTB. His need to know basis would be low. Unless he fired everyone's ass locked himself in the oval office and dug into the files himself.

But I do think best case scenario is that he could be influenced by the people to release "free energy" technology. If he makes it to President this should be the people's next main demand of him.

America could corner the market on free energy devices and get financially stable again on their manufacturing, delivery, maintenance, global infrastructure, etc. Think BIG there's tons that could happen IF....

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

A lot of things will change IMO, I believe there will be massive investigations and round ups of criminal elites, especially regarding 9/11 and even 7/7 in London. Those responsible for false flag terrorism will be held to account without doubt (IMO of course). This is why he is such a danger to the current corrupt power structure

That said, I also believe this is why TPTB will do absolutely anything the thwart his power grab, including the dreaded A word.

If RP goes the way of JFK, you can expect a movement like never before and probably an armed revolution in his name. The amount of fraud you will see over the next few voting opportunities is going to be off the charts.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Do I believe he'd expose conspiracy theories as President?

No, he wouldn't.

People expected the same of Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton and both Presidents even said if they had any information, they'd try to expose them but because nothing happened as far as releasing info, you can assume that either:

1) there's nothing to expose and the conspiracy theories are just that, theories

2) they as President were never told or had information kept from them on a "need to know" basis

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton are both Bilderberg attendees and had a totally different agenda than telling what they say...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus

I guess my query is more for those closer to the fringe than the mainstream. The same folks that believe the moon landing was a hoax, or that the Japanese Princess is on to something, or Mars was knocked off its orbit by an explosion on Venus. You get the gist.

I love my conspiracy theories and fringe politics, but I probably don't qualify as being more fringe than mainstream.

However, based on observation and history the Ron Paul fans would be disappointed. Assuming that any conspiracy theory of interest is true (Illuminati, aliens, vampires, chupacabras) and that information was not released than Ron Paul either chose to keep that information, is part of the conspiracy, or he is not given access to this information by The Powers That Be.

It's completely possible that if the man became President he would learn there is no monster hiding under your bed or lurking in your closet, but a conspiracy theorist is going to believe something went wrong or he was part of whatever conspiracy they favor.

Based on Mark Dice's posts on Facebook he expects Ron Paul to be the savior of man kind and Mark Dice is pretty insane himself. (He only becomes obnoxious when on a mission to convince you that you're an idiot for not knowing the Illuminati is real.) So I would say most people have a lot of unrealistic expectations for Ron Paul.

However, the man is never going to become President.

And I'm sure there's a conspiracy theory surrounding that as well.

top topics

join