It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd "black box" on latest SoHo image on feed EIT 195

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Hello ATS I was just skimming through SoHo a few min ago & found this on todays images
I don't look at SoHo much but this look odd to me. All the other feeds other than EIT 195 are fine any input would be good. If this is something that happens alot I would like to know why, is it just too bright on that feed or something like that or is it something TPTB don't want us to see.
:puz

edit on 1/6/2012 by dedpope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
That's for blocking out the naughty bits...see them in magazines all the time...

Honestly I don't know, just posted to track this thread....

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
That’s an easy one it’s the 2001 Space Odyssey Monolith,

Or an artifact or someone got busy with the scissors.

Aesop
edit on 6-1-2012 by Aesop because: working youtube

edit on 6-1-2012 by Aesop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
That's because there's nothing to see there.
2nd

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
That is a bit odd. none of the other images showing the different temp ranges have this effect.

It almost looks like the spread of activity is joined but thats not that unusual as the image shows activity at a set temp range.

Strange

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
internet censorship begins
it was solar nudity ....

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dedpope

Certainly looks censored to me.

It looks too jagged on the edges to be a camera anomaly, in my opinion it looks intentionally placed.

But, I am no expert.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Do you guys remember a few months back when there were pics of crafts flying in/out and around the sun?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Found another image with similar but smaller artefact.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Maybe it is our twin earth that orbits directly on the other side of the sun....

+ O +

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by leawyoming

Great Balls of Fire?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dedpope

It's just part of the image where there is a loss of information.

It will probably be gone once the higher resolution images are uploaded in a few days time.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by dedpope

It's just part of the image where there is a loss of information.

It will probably be gone once the higher resolution images are uploaded in a few days time.
Well that answer's no fun.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

lol glad someone got it !

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by leawyoming

Jerry Lee Lewis is kinda unforgettable.
It was way before my time but also kinda timeless.
ETA Off topic so make it on topic....

"Well, I guess no more alien ships in this one then. Bummer! I for one would welcome our metagalactic overlords..."

edit on 6/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
My question is this. If something is being blocked out or hidden, why release the photo to begin with?

Why not just not release the photo, rather than give people something to wonder about?

That is why I think there is a more logical explanation than something being hidden.

If you wanted to hide something in a photo of yours, would you put a black box over it and show it to everyone or would you just not show the photo?

Don't you think it would a rather silly thing to do? I know I do.

I am thinking it is more along the lines of a loss of info in the picture. Not something being hidden.
edit on 7-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

True, but 7 billion people here means there are quite probably at least 1billion unemployed people, some of whom have nothing more to do all day than to notice every single anomaly on every single image coming out of every single publicly accessible data source... And it is a good thing! Well, not the unemployed part.
ETA What I mean is, maybe they don't have the 7 second TV interview delay kill switch thing on all their stuff.
edit on 7/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 7/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

It is great that there are people questioning and looking and searching. I do that myself.

I am a strong believer in always questioning "the officials". Search, research, ask questions and find the answer. Never just take any ones word for it. That is what I feel all people should do.

But that does not negate the fact that it would be stupid to release a photo that contained something they were trying to hide.

If you had a picture that contained something you wanted to hide, would you put a black box over that one thing and then release it to the public or would you just not ever release the photo? I think the latter is more likely.

I think what we have here is a photo that is missing some of the digital information. That missing info just shows up as a black box.

Besides, if they don't have that seven second delay, as you speculate,then that makes it rather hard to censor, no?

I am in agreement with Chadwickus.
edit on 7-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I hadn't actually stated an opinion, merely made a joke and then commented about how many people are looking at data these days. Personally I think this is nothing, just a computer/camera glitch or somesuch.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

It may be true more and more people are watching things like SOHO and STEREO but as seen by the amount of threads on ATS alone, not many take the time to understand what they're looking at.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join