It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help This Guy Answer the Questions of Life, the Universe and Everything!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Nuclear Forces

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

Jesus is the exact 'imprint' of the image of God.
Hebrews 1

1 Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. 3 He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs.

God is Light. The Son is the Word. In quantum physics, light is both a particle and a wave. A word is a wave of information.

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Light is both a particle and a wave. Consciousness is spirit. God said that He is the "Great I AM." Put the three persons of the Trinity together and you have Matter, both particle and wave, animated by consciousness. God is in and through us all.

Acts 17

24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’

edit on 6-1-2012 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Psalm 19

1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they reveal knowledge.
3 They have no speech, they use no words;
no sound is heard from them.
4 Yet their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.
5 It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
6 It rises at one end of the heavens
and makes its circuit to the other;
nothing is deprived of its warmth.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Quantum Physics and Hyper Dimensions

1 John 3
2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. 3 All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.

Ephesians 3

14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

edit on 6-1-2012 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Thanks for the kind reply and insight.

Not proof for sure, but evidence is easy to come by. The proof comes from the changed life. We see face to face with God when His love transforms who we are. His love is evidenced in nature. It's not about us anyway. It's about Jesus. We're here to witness the wonder of it all. Faith is a willingness to hope for the evident truth we can clearly witness from life.

I'm still at a loss to what you're trying to say, I apologize. I still can't fathom how blind faith and hope offer any evidence. The thought that everything is designed by some great creator is a very romantic idea, but an idea nonetheless. We can put as much hope and faith into an idea as we want, but as most know, it's very dangerous to go about life assuming and hoping. It's the same with science.

I also don't understand how or why it's about Jesus. I've found more meaningful teachings in Plato or Confucius, who pre-date Jesus by many years. Many of the Bibles teachings are derived from Platonism and other philosophies of the time, not from a god. Jesus is an admirable character in a wonderful piece of literature, he's nothing more to me.

I've never met Jesus, so I cannot say whether his authority is any better than anyone else's. I've never witnessed the big bang, so there's no way I can know if it actually happened. But the worst and most dangerous thing I could do to myself is blindly believe one of these theories as absolute.

I cannot, by my own nature, trust in something because I was told I had to; it's the anti-authority in me. I can only trust my desires and passions.

All of these opinions, perceptions and synthetic guesses of the creation of the universe—by both science and religion—is made up entirely in man's head, it's vanity pure and simple; and since man can never know the truth, every opinion derived from faith or sensualism is inherently wrong.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

I'm still at a loss to what you're trying to say, I apologize. I still can't fathom how blind faith and hope offer any evidence.

There is evidence for what is stated in the Bible apart from faith. Faith comes by hearing. You have heard. What you read below is a seed. It will grow or not grow depending on the soil it hits. Evidence manifests by seeing what grows in the soil. Give it time. Know the evidence by the fruit it bears. Every soul hungers for a harvest of truth. A time comes in every life when a thirst for God makes itself known. There are 1000 of pages of philosophy that can expand awareness, but none of these truths on virtue lead to life. Jesus said that he was the way (Eastern Thought), the truth (Western Philosophy) and the life (Key to both). Only Christ offers the final bridge to truth and life eternal. This comes by belief in God. God then builds faith. This is His job. If we refuse belief, faith cannot come. Faith comes by hearing. It's a seed that can be trampled or nurtured to growth.

Romans

9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15 And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”

16 But not all the Israelites accepted the good news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our message?”[h] 17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ. 18 But I ask: Did they not hear? Of course they did:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Absolutely all those sciences are found in the Bible. All things that man does are found in the Bible. It is a book that addresses everything: history, anthropology, archeology, genealogy, medicine, military, theater, astronomy, social engineering, farming, shepherding, architecture, zoology, and people even believe the Bible contains UFOlogy, ancient aliens, electrical engineering. It also contains literary prose and poetry, civics, government, social programs. I can't name every science and facet of the human experience found in the Bible, and if people would just read it, they would see that it does.

The thing about the Bible though, is that it is clear that humans cannot do all of this without God. That is what speaks against the arrogance of mankind, they want to believe they are the height of evolution, but yet do not accept their fundamental dependency on the world around them, and when the world around them fails, humans cannot fix it. We cannot change the course of hurricanes or tornadoes or floods, we cannot change famines by drought, we cannot change those events of nature because we are dependent. The human being is no longer the height, we are the lowest because we cannot survive without God. Nature that was created lower than us, now holds us in its grasp.

The writers of the Bible, those great men of old, all said one thing "Look to God who created you and created this world" and that is what the arrogance of humankind does not want to see.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Well, i hope he does come back near the end of this decade. All the signs and prophecies are pointing a neon sign at 2018. I'm excited. He said to not be afraid so i am not. Even if the rapture didn't happen till the eve before armageddon living through that hell would be well worth it if you could survive.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy
reply to post by charles1952

Absolutely all those sciences are found in the Bible. All things that man does are found in the Bible. It is a book that addresses everything: history, anthropology, archeology, genealogy, medicine, military, theater, astronomy, social engineering, farming, shepherding, architecture, zoology, and people even believe the Bible contains UFOlogy, ancient aliens, electrical engineering. It also contains literary prose and poetry, civics, government, social programs. I can't name every science and facet of the human experience found in the Bible, and if people would just read it, they would see that it does.

The thing about the Bible though, is that it is clear that humans cannot do all of this without God. That is what speaks against the arrogance of mankind, they want to believe they are the height of evolution, but yet do not accept their fundamental dependency on the world around them, and when the world around them fails, humans cannot fix it. We cannot change the course of hurricanes or tornadoes or floods, we cannot change famines by drought, we cannot change those events of nature because we are dependent. The human being is no longer the height, we are the lowest because we cannot survive without God. Nature that was created lower than us, now holds us in its grasp.

The writers of the Bible, those great men of old, all said one thing "Look to God who created you and created this world" and that is what the arrogance of humankind does not want to see.

Very well spoken. Genesis 3 is our first directive. Seek knowledge two ways, but God's will is still done. 1) Seek knowledge by taking it before you are ready. This represents our taking of the fruit in pride. 2) Allow God to give the fruit as a gift. This was where we would have been had we defeated the enemy in the garden. Either way, God still gives us the fruit of knowledge.

There was a flaming sword placed in the center of the garden where the tree of life can be found. The sword is God's consuming fire that cuts us each time we take from the fruit of knowledge apart from Him giving it. This consuming fire is mentioned throughout scripture. It is the refiner's fire and the alchemists crucible in life. Nature is designed to refine us by law. If we cross the law, the fire burns us back until we approach knowledge with wisdom. The entire Bible is this process of taking insentience to sentience. The ultimate outcome is to find the pure gold from the fire. The pure gold is love--appreciating the other person. Love God and love others. This is the point. We can't leave any one of these out. Once we learn to give and not take; receive and not steal, we are free to use what God has given for the good of the many.

edit on 7-1-2012 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

You know normally i keep science and bible separate from another, because the bible is not a science textbook. Nevertheless, here is a quote i thought to contribute which i find interesting :

Its a quote from Isaiah:45:18

For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I [am] the LORD; and [there is] none else.

What i find interesting, is that modern day science looks for life similar to us in earth-like planets. But what strikes me more is that according to the passage above, only the Earth was made to be inhabited.

Peace

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seed76

You know normally i keep science and bible separate from another, because the bible is not a science textbook. Nevertheless, here is a quote i thought to contribute which i find interesting :

Its a quote from Isaiah:45:18

For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I [am] the LORD; and [there is] none else.

What i find interesting, is that modern day science looks for life similar to us in earth-like planets. But what strikes me more is that according to the passage above, only the Earth was made to be inhabited.

Peace

Awesome quote. If you carefully read Ephesians, notice what it says every time it mentions a mystery. We find tidbits that clue us in to the mystery held by God from the beginning. Consider this verse from Deuteronomy.

19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the LORD your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven. 20 But as for you, the LORD took you and brought you out of the iron-smelting furnace, out of Egypt, to be the people of his inheritance, as you now are.

Egypt is the symbol of captivity and being held until our freedom comes. The Exodus will be from Egypt to our inheritance. Clearly, our inheritance is the new heavens and the new earths prepared for us. They contain cities and vineyards we did not build.

Read on in Deuteronomy 6

10 When the LORD your God brings you into the land he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to give you—a land with large, flourishing cities you did not build, 11 houses filled with all kinds of good things you did not provide, wells you did not dig, and vineyards and olive groves you did not plant—then when you eat and are satisfied, 12 be careful that you do not forget the LORD, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

13 Fear the LORD your God, serve him only and take your oaths in his name. 14 Do not follow other gods, the gods of the peoples around you; 15 for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land.

Now, go to Ephesians and listen to the first 4 chapters. LISTEN AUDIO

Notice that there are families in heaven. We are inheriting the kingdom of God.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Here is a verse that relates to transposition of the human by union of two into a new creation. I find this oddly significant to the conversation. Consider mans efforts at trans-humanism from technology. Silicone and Carbon as a new creation. God's plan is from Christ's blood applied to ours. Think about this verse deeply. It is significant.

Ephisians 2

14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Is there an overall purpose in the universe for mankind? Do we accomplish something for other life and rulers in the universe? Consider the mystery as revealed in Ephesians 3:

1 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles—
2 Surely you have heard about the administration of God’s grace that was given to me for you, 3 that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

7 I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power. 8 Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ, 9 and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things. 10 His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, 11 according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord. 12 In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. 13 I ask you, therefore, not to be discouraged because of my sufferings for you, which are your glory.

Our God of Wonders is more than we can know. The miracle is that He reveals this to us so we can know. See it for what it is and humble your heart. Search for God and draw near to this promise through Christ Jesus. Will you be prepared for life eternal in the Kingdom of God? Grace is free my friends. Claim it. Love for God and others is the answer. Love is the only needed law.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Yo,
SpecialED

your topic -
Help This Guy Answer the Questions of "Life, the Universe and Everything"

Have you heard of an author called Douglas Adams? (of course you have, thats why you are copying his statement)

Stop plagiarizing his work, you have now where near the mentality that he has.

This book....no....this masterpiece has been in print since 1985.

edit on 7-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Einstein got to this one late in the game. Is Einstein credible?

Here's what Einstein said:

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.

"No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this," he wrote in the letter written on January 3, 1954 to the philosopher Eric Gutkind, cited by The Guardian newspaper.

"For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions," he said.

"And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people."

And he added: "As far as my experience goes, they are no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them."

see the new thread: Belief in God 'childish,' Jews not chosen people: Einstein letter
So whatever point you trying to make about him (which is not clear, as usual), he wasn't 'supportive' of religion as anything but childish superstition.

Respectfully,
wt
edit on 7-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Actually...pardon me.....the book was originally published in England in 1979.

Sorry Ed, you have to wait a few more years before you can plagiarize it, and have people believe you.

BTW: if you do a web search, you can find an interview with the author where he states the number 42 means NOTHING.....just had to decide on a number for his book, something not too elaborate....so....well....uh ....42.

And that is how he came up with the answer.

Unfortunately... your ignorance of this matter has made you a false prophet.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

reply to post by lee anoma

Posted in both places.

Here is a Jewish man from MIT that would disagree. Einstein lacked the perspective to see new discoveries that came after this death. Only in this day and age do we possess the language and theory necessary to finally see a glimmer into the evidence for the existence of God. Had Einstein seen this perspective, he may have connected the duality of light to the image of the universe. Genesis covers this all.

Genesis 1

Genesis 1:1
In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

Einstein knew this part. What he could not see is how this originates in an image of light, time, space and matter. The language was not available at the time, nor did we have a ready example like virtual reality by the same mechanism. Today, it is in our face with evidence. God did what He said. We are an image of Him and inside that image as well. It's a story He tells us by placing us inside the story. God is Amazing.

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

This physics genius below has Einstein as a starting point, then current theory to back his statements. I go with the most current view. The old view that matter originates consciousness is proven wrong by collapsing wave theory and our understanding of the quantum observer. Consciousness originates matter. Spirit is consciousness.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42
Yo,
SpecialED

your topic -
Help This Guy Answer the Questions of "Life, the Universe and Everything"

Have you heard of an author called Douglas Adams? (of course you have, thats why you are copying his statement)

Stop plagiarizing his work, you have now where near the mentality that he has.

This book....no....this masterpiece has been in print since 1985.

edit on 7-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

It's the only non-fiction book I have ever read in my life. Why do you associate plagiarizing with this thread? You are implying that I used the title of a commonly known book with the thread. In your accusation, you infer that I have broken some law. In reality, you are only revealing your own intent to entrap me. Of course I was using the title of the Book. It's commonly known allows the connection. The book and the thread explore the same ideas.

I think we covered this by showing the same story with Jesus. I'll refresh your memory.

Matthew 22

15 Then the Pharisees went out and laid plans to trap him in his words. 16 They sent their disciples to him along with the Herodians. “Teacher,” they said, “we know that you are a man of integrity and that you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are. 17 Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay the imperial tax[a] to Caesar or not?”
18 But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, “You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? 19 Show me the coin used for paying the tax.” They brought him a denarius, 20 and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

21 “Caesar’s,” they replied.

Then he said to them, “So give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”

22 When they heard this, they were amazed. So they left him and went away.

Are you attempting the same style of argument?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Sorry Ed, you have to wait a few more years before you can plagiarize it, and have people believe you.

BTW: if you do a web search, you can find an interview with the author where he states the number 42 means NOTHING.....just had to decide on a number for his book, something not too elaborate....so....well....uh ....42.

When an idea is a patently obvious and self-evident, it is seen under the heading of Well-Known Fact with copyright. I can say Coke if I want. I can say Disney. Legally, I am not in danger. Are you sure you are concerned with plagiarizing or are you after another intention?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

When an idea is a patently obvious and self-evident, it is seen under the heading of Well-Known Fact with copyright. I can say Coke if I want. I can say Disney. Legally, I am not in danger. Are you sure you are concerned with plagiarizing or are you after another intention?

I am confused...so 42, is it the answer to everything in the universe..or not? The odds of improbability are what?

*pulls the string of yarn from my mouth as I watch a whale float downward*

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join