It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians....I'm SICK of them

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
IAM, I have never experienced it, and I STILL know it is wrong.

Really? How the hell do you even know about it then?

I agree to you on some level...but my current belief is that each soul has "willingly contracted" to enter the life into which they are born. This may be to learn a lesson based on karmic debt, or to teach someone who is struggling with being abusive.

Believe what you want my friend. I do not know what was before I was. So, I do not try to make it up. I am the beginning and the end.

But that doesn't make child abuse, or victimization, RIGHT.

I did not say it made it right. I said it made it good. Without having it, we would not know that we do not want it. Since we do not want it, we must then dig to the root of what causes it.

There is no such thing as child abuse. There is just abuse. We are all children.

Normally I'm a bit befuddled by your expressions of youself here....I've been watching and reading your posts to try to get a handle on it.

Good my friend. If you knew what I knew you would understand it even less than I do. I am watching it unfold with you, life that is.

I also believe that reincarnation is part of the soul's life cycle. We return again and again, either to learn, or to teach, and eventually we are worthy of our place in the Divine Peace that is our destiny.

I do not know what lies after death. I am the beginning and the end of all that I know.

Just wondering what your point is. But I know you tend to be a man of few words....

My point is, it's all good.

But it is not all right.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Thanks for the deja vue!

I have heard this many times in my life. My grandmother was a fanatic when it came to "The Little Rose", Medjigoria (sp?) and Fatima. She even swears her rosary turned gold on that day with many like her. Ive not only heard many tales of this very thing, but I've seen more than 1 with my own eyes.

I couldnt explain it even if I tried. I was always a sceptic, but the few that have had that happen to them while they were praying on their rosary, and I know these people would not lie about something like this, are the same people who you could always call for a prayer, always healing the sick, always praying day and night. These people I knew were devout to their beliefs.

I grew up in a VERY catholic family. I didnt quite turn out that way, but I did follow some of the ways based on tradition. Like marriage in a catholic church, communion, conformation... But I dont go to church. I dont really follow any way. I find truth in so many diffrent religions that I cant believe in any one of call myself anything.

Lets just say that I was pointed in the right direction then let loose to find my own way. I can say that I feel that that way has always worked out for me and today I am just fooling myself, wallowing in my own regret and remorse in the back of my mind. But I do very much believe that God exists and it's up to us to find him. If you do, then you're just proving that you love and live for him and that you truely want to exist in him.

Will you find the way? Who knows.. Maybe if one looks hard enough. We might be so far off it hurts, but there is grace and I believe that even if you're totaly off the mark, so long as you search in your heart and in your life, you will be alright.

Yeah I know.. easier said than done
I'm living proof!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

?? Because I am aware that it happens, and have seen the effects of it. Does observation and critical thinking not count?

My point is that I was not abused as a child, and when I became a parent, I never even considered abusing my kids.

nm, we aren't on the same wave...yet.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

makes total sense... though im unsure about the part with the "angels going over your options" ...

Consider this verse...

For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

then my question again...

A murderer or rapist that is never caught or punished in this life... how do you think he will be delt with?

This is all just speculation of course... but its interesting to hear different POVs

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

?? Because I am aware that it happens, and have seen the effects of it. Does observation and critical thinking not count?

Then you HAVE experienced it.

My point is that I was not abused as a child, and when I became a parent, I never even considered abusing my kids.

Exactly! So you could not possibly see how someone could see it is "right".

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

I appreciate that. Yes, you have me thinking diffrently now.

Now.. Quoting scripture... To me... Is like...

Saying the exact words another man said thousands of years ago, when it is the meaning behind the words that is of God.

I paraphrase because I am not one to dig through a very extensive bible to get to a point. Though, it is good to have you guys around that CAN do such a thing, but honestly, I know far too many through my life that could quote scripture by the letter, and never know what it really means.

That's like saying.. Some people cant read the old test KJV because they cant "get it". I read and understand it just fine. Reading ALOT of books, shakespear and loving English as my fave course, I feel that I can read it and understand it just as well as any here today. Often, I believe I understand it better because as I read, more than just the words I read come to my mind and run through my thoughts. If I could explain I would.. but it's something deeper.. A bigger picture. more than just a story moral.

Yet, I cannot honestly call myself a Christian because I believe to be so, you have to act just like so. Sorry mate, today, I see no evidence of a true Christian anymore, save in VERY small numbers. To be more accurate... I could count them on barely more than one hand. Even if I believe in Jesus, and God, and know they exist and Jesus died for a purpose, so we could live hereafter sinless... I still cannot say that I am a Christian. Simply because I am human and I could not compare myself with Christ himself.

"Who is like unto God"? Yet we are called gods in the bible. Even so, I believe I am far removed from that kinda privy.

Id like to say I'm just humble.. but that isnt always true either.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

If you believe in reincarnation and karmic debt... how do you suppose God would deal with a murderer that has never recieved any punishment within this life time? Or perhaps a rapist that is never caught?

Exactly

Also, if Karma exists, would that not counter God?

God gives man free will. He did not say that he would throw karma in the mix too. I see far too many christians using this as part of their belief system, yet they call buddism evil. Hmmm how odd...

I think "karma", or as I would say, divine intervention, is God's (or our guardian angel) way of telling us right from wrong, but it's usually those that believe in their hearts that get effected by it. Wip the ones who believe when they do wrong so they can try to do better. The rest... Free will now... We'll see in the end..

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

What reason would I have to argue with you?
You have already made my point better than I could.
I have no limits whatsoever in my belief up to and including anything you can imagine.
My god is so powerful, he knows what I will do before I was even a whisper in my mothers ear.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

I have no limits whatsoever in my belief up to and including anything you can imagine.
My god is so powerful, he knows what I will do before I was even a whisper in my mothers ear.

Well met Brother!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Karma is Gods judgement made manifest within life....

It does not counter God... Though it is the reason God does not interfear with human affairs...

There is no need...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Dont think I was looking for one... lol

I agree with your statement, but not quite all of it, diffrent perspective and all... Which is fine btw. I can never say that I'll ever know what the hell I'm talkin about untill I find out how full of it I was when I'm looking over every single detail of my life in the end.

Though, your last responce, I do agree with, yet it leaves me perplexed at the same time.

My history is already done before I came to be. Whoever was writen in the book of life, was there from the beginning. So, I get confused when one asks me to repent, but if it were as it is writen, then the future is already set. Why repent? You are already destined to go one way or the other.

This is why I stay away from organised religion
It only confuses the soul more.

edit on 7-1-2012 by theRhenn because: left out part of my sentence!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Karma is Gods judgement made manifest within life....

It does not counter God... Though it is the reason God does not interfear with human affairs...

There is no need...

I totaly agree. But my concern is, christians using a "pagan" belief as common place in their lives. Though, at the same time, it's always been this way with various beliefs that were melded into christianity.

I try not to claim "Karma", because I look at it a diffrent way. I look at it as Gods gentle way of nudging you to stay on the right path. So what I am making a point about is the word and meaning of Karma and where it came from rather than being guided by the hand and angels of God.

If karma were real, as in the full meaning of the word Karma.. Then it seems like all crooks and thieves would be caught, murderers would be killed and $#!% would stop happening.

So, in my own experiance, it seems that this kind of "nudge" is more for those that do believe than those that do not. I have experianced this in both parts of my life.. The believing and the falling away. One is full of nudges, and the other is empty of them except when I turn my gaze back to what I believed before. Though it's aggravated me at times because sometimes you just wanna stopped being zapped by that static charge every second, because we're human and it's hard to stay on the right path. So not believing becomes even more free'er will, because no restraints are upon you any longer. No more zaps from rubbing your socks on the carpet.

I dont feel that it's religion specific, because I dont really have one. I just believe. And I also feel that this happens to many, if not all people. I would hardly imagine that I am some chosen one or something above all or anyone else.

Thanks for the thought provoking responce!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

If karma were real, as in the full meaning of the word Karma.. Then it seems like all crooks and thieves would be caught, murderers would be killed and $#!% would stop happening.

I look at it this way... there is a reason why some people are not caught...

I figure God is saying "alright do as you will, and see how far you can push me"... These people will have their day...

Keep in mind this is my opinion... I believe murderers will be murdered in their next life... Everything you do comes back to you one way or the other...

Remember what Jesus said...

31Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

All are forgiven except blasphemy against the spirit...

What does this mean... heres a definition...

A contemptuous or profane act, utterance, or writing concerning God or a sacred entity

Know that we are all sacred entities... we are Gods children... IF you murder you blaspheme against the holy spirit that is within all of us.... Rape is also blasphemy against the spirit... In fact any "violation" against another man/woman is a contemptuous or profane act towards God...

The resulting Karma from most violations can be resolved within your own lifetime... but some take another life time such as murder....

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

What is the main reason I do not believe in any religion, well the fact that a large part of the world’s population has never been exposed to Christianity, Islam etc. What about the people living in jungles who do not even have a Sunday let alone churches? What about those who do not have the materials to print the bible or other religious texts. I do not deny the possibility of some type of God but I disagree with every religion on this Earth when it is simply a cultural local thing.

It is like saying everyone in the world should have a specific firewall on their computer forgetting the rest who do not have a computer nor electricity.

I have always wondered to those who follow a religion, if you were born in a small tribe in the middle of nowhere... Would you be part of the religion you are now? Be honest you would not, you might be worshipping animals, multiple Gods, none etc, so why would God place you somewhere that you cannot practise what religions teach.
reply to post by OwenGP185

There is a few parts to your statement - so there will be a few parts to my answer.
Firstly, I have been pre-prepared for your line of thinking, in the fact that over the last few weeks, I have been watching on my television, documentaries on "lost tribes" and "the remotest tribe" and "tribes that have remained unchanged for centuries". I believe that GOD has revealed these things to my knowledge to answer your thoughts.

That being said - one COMMON BUT PECULIAR observation that I have made is that ALL of these "lost and remote tribes" have modern technology in everyday use, to enhance their standards of living. I have noticed digital watches, mp3 players, computers etc etc etc. If they have access to these luxuries - then they have access to the knowledge of Jesus Christ their Saviour - as they are at some point, exposed to modern culture.

Another point is that all of these tribes have one or more deities that they worship (as you have said - "cultural religion"). They all practice rituals, sacrifices, feats of strength and endurance (usually physical punishment/torture.) They mostly all drink herbs or smoke plants to alter their states of consciousness to "connect" themselves to these deities and enter the"spiritual realms". How is this knowledge possible? If these races are so remote and secluded from modern, advanced civilisations, then how do they even know about deities or gods? Rituals, sacrifices and spirit dimensions ? Isn't that some myth or legend or fable that modern man has constructed to "control the masses" as is so often conjectured on this website ? The answer is that.....
Mankind is created fundamentally to worship the GOD of the Christian Bible. (that's what the bible teaches). Due to our rejection of the one true GOD, then we automatically divert our worship to something else. We can not help it - it is in our DNA. Worship is in our genetic makeup. Every human intrinsically knows that he is made of body, mind and SPIRIT. Every human intrinsically knows that his worship is fundamentally of a spiritual nature. All of these ancient tribes - lost tribes - remote tribes are proof of that fact. They ALL worship something - as we modern civilisations also do (only our worship also manifests as material idolisation as well)

Building on that case - the Christian Bible (in the book of Romans) explains that ALL OF CREATION testifies to the existence of the GOD of the Christian Bible.

ROMANS 1:19 because what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world his invisible attributes – his eternal power and divine nature – have been clearly seen, because they are understood through what has been made. So people are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not glorify him as God or give him thanks, but they became futile in their thoughts and their senseless hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for an image resembling mortal human beings or birds or four-footed animals or reptiles.

Therefore - all of mankind biologically know the true GOD of the Christian Bible and biologically need to worship the GOD of the Christian Bible. Our sin (rejection of this truth) leads us away to worship other things. (created things instead of the creator HIMself).
Furthermore - missionaries have been travelling to all corners of the globe to tell the good news about Jesus Christ. By the time that Jesus returns, everyone would have been given the chance to either accept or reject Jesus as their GOD, Saviour, King and friend.
In summary, the Christian Bible teaches that GOD offers salvation to ALL of mankind - every race, nation, peoples, tongue. (this includes these secluded tribes). All have the chance for relationship with jesus.
Be blessed.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Reincarnation: The Missing Link In Christianity

Guys and gals, please, do some reading.
Cheers and brightest blessings
--wt

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Fail link!

try this...

reluctant-messenger.com...

edit on 7-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

LOL, yeah, I've linked to that one myself.

Oh well.....

hey, what is with the "pop up" notice here with "censored by the USA ICE" thing?

Here, let's try again.
www.ascension-research.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I saw it too...

I think the americans just got banned or something...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I am sorry to hear of your treatment and the hurt it caused.

Without meaning to sound unsympathetic, know that all in the flesh must bear a 'cross' of sorts, just as the Christ Himself was not immune from such within this world. Evils are Allowed because the will to do so has been Granted to the Children within this dominion we call earth (it's not a 'Heaven' don't forget---not yet).

Some choose to Align positively on the journey in the Spirit of the Christ demonstrated Path, however many will not within this testing ground for souls. Do your best in His Graces to Love and forgive all transgressions. It surely is not easy and was never supposed to be.

It's not always how we act, but how we choose to react to our challenges, trials and tribulations that account for our own state of Divinity in Him. All your prayers were heard then and now.

All prayer in Wisdom should be that they be 'answered' according to His Will, for He understands the 'greater Good' of His Children's soul path, more than we do. The 'advanced' Heavenly realms See and Know more than the limited flesh consciousness.

edit on 8-1-2012 by benedict9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I can't believe your gonna make me bust out with the scripture,but be warned,
Before I came into some wisdom, I used to be smart and I was fairly proficient with the ...."good book".
Early on in the same book you site, it also says...

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

So we all must die "physically as the body will, therefore this must mean your soul.
This is how it reads to me and that's just how the preachers used to explain it.
CONFORM OR DIE ETERNALLY SINNER!!!
Like I said, my dogs worship me and still love me unconditionally.
My dog understands more of love than your god.

Some simple questions for you. Do you believe that you should live a loving, generous life? The kind of life where you try to make others feel more important than you? Do you also believe that to love the world is the best way to think? Even if it means you should love and reconcile with your enemies?

If you answered yes to all these questions then you “believeth in him", for these are his words.

Since you believe the words he spoke, and he was the word made flesh, than you have believed. Now understand that whoever believes these words and acts on them is doing the will of the father. And whoever does the will of the father Christ calls a brother, sister, and mother.

You believe these words because the word is written on your heart. And the word became flesh. The truth is Christ is in you.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join