It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians....I'm SICK of them

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by petrus4

wait a miniute....

I saw that chick on warcraft....

HORDE!!!!

You did. I was somewhat notorious. What is hard to believe is that it was nearly six years ago, now.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
...... You see you don't need to accept the truth for it to be the truth, because the truth is simply the truth.......

Honestly, not trying to jab.

Don't you find that to be a bit blind?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Originally posted by sacgamer25
...... You see you don't need to accept the truth for it to be the truth, because the truth is simply the truth.......

Honestly, not trying to jab.

Don't you find that to be a bit blind?

Not based on the context. You see I believe that the Holy Spirit lives in you based on your posts. You appear to be searching for the truth, and you see that the truth must be something more loving than you have heard from the church.

So the truth is the Holy Spirit lives in you. Refusing to believe me does not change the fact that the Holy Spirit lives in you.

So the truth is still the truth even though you have not believed it.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Ok so the truth, if you live by the law of love than you prove the Holy Spirit lives in you. The bible says that no one could recognize, nor observe the law of love if they did not have the Holy Spirit. Autowrench as much as you reject the bible I believe that you are my brother and that the same spirit that lives in me lives in you.

That is my take also, as I have stated before. What I did was show that the common belief is that all Demons are Evil, and then attach that label to everything you hate is wrong. We all have that Demon within us, and in reality, it is not what one would think of as a "Demon," in common parlance. I also believe this Spirit is Divine, and have stated that too, but a Christian told me that was all wrong, because you had to do this and that ritual to attain it. Another told me recently that I cannot understand the Bible unless I have this Holy Spirit to tell me what it really says, actually admitting it is a code. I have read that the Vatican Archive took two books from the official canon, books that detail how to decipher the code.

I agree that we all have it, from birth. It is Divine in nature, and one needs do nothing to have it. When my son was born, I saw his Spirit descend into his little body. It was an amazing sight to behold.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

In Western society, when a Christian tells you you're going to Hell, you believe them.

I have been told that may times. I always answer with this: "It is your Hell, your belief, you go burn in it. I have a much better place to go." All this takes is an understand of the origin of the word Hell, it's association with a Norse Goddess, a grave, and a trash heap outside Ancient Jerusalem that was always kept burning.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by sacgamer25

Ok so the truth, if you live by the law of love than you prove the Holy Spirit lives in you. The bible says that no one could recognize, nor observe the law of love if they did not have the Holy Spirit. Autowrench as much as you reject the bible I believe that you are my brother and that the same spirit that lives in me lives in you.

That is my take also, as I have stated before. What I did was show that the common belief is that all Demons are Evil, and then attach that label to everything you hate is wrong. We all have that Demon within us, and in reality, it is not what one would think of as a "Demon," in common parlance. I also believe this Spirit is Divine, and have stated that too, but a Christian told me that was all wrong, because you had to do this and that ritual to attain it. Another told me recently that I cannot understand the Bible unless I have this Holy Spirit to tell me what it really says, actually admitting it is a code. I have read that the Vatican Archive took two books from the official canon, books that detail how to decipher the code.

I agree that we all have it, from birth. It is Divine in nature, and one needs do nothing to have it. When my son was born, I saw his Spirit descend into his little body. It was an amazing sight to behold.

You know I am going back on forth on my actual thought on this concept. But I am always willing to be honest when I may be speaking in error. You will see that where I am going back and forth does not make much of a philosophical difference and more just a difference in interpretation.

So the bible promises 2 gifts of the spirit even though most Christians only preach 1 gift. The two gifts are the son and the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

So the gift that we are all born with, at least those who are born with love in our hearts is the son.
It is only through repentance and faith that one becomes baptized by the Holy Spirit.

Since this post I have been doing more research on the subject, and I believe that I was slightly wrong. I believe that the trinity concept has actually created a unity where a separation is a better concept.

I am leaning to three distinct gifts. One is the fear of the father, this is not meant to be fear of hell, although for some maybe it helps them to see it this way. This fear is the fear of disappointing the father. The gift of the Father is knowledge not an indwelling spirit. The second is the son, the gift of love that we receive at birth. I believe that all who have love in them have the first two gifts. The knowledge of God the creator and the love of the son. The third gift is not freely given. You have to have faith to receive Holy Spirit.

The way I was saying it before was acknowledging the three but making the Holy Spirit the same spirit of the son, and stating that the baptism of the Holy Spirit brings about the change and is not given until you have the faith.

So you see either way it is 3 separate gifts but I now think it is best if they are understood as 3 different Spirits and not 3 gifts from the same spirit. Although I believe that either conclusion fits the biblical interpretation. The only interpretation that doesn’t fit is receiving the gift of the son and the Holy Spirit at some time after you have believed.

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join