It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians....I'm SICK of them

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 1king2rulethemall

The bible teaches that everyone is born a sinner and will always be a sinner because its easier to control people when they feel guilty about everything than it is to control people who chart their own course through life. When you raise generations of people to believe that they are doomed without the guidance of prophets and saints, then the people will submit to them and do their bidding.When people are ignorant about the ways of natural laws, they succumb to religion out of fear of the unknown. Now that people can simply google for the information they need, and see that there is more than 1 way being offered, the power of the church is eroding. However the power of indoctrination persists and here we are, still believing in the supernatural and it's narrow views. I say narrow loosely, as science is forcing the closed minds of religion ever wider.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The issue here is few "christians" will read anything outside their own bible... or read it at all for that matter...
And you are guilty of the same.

Akragon, you have indicated that you have done much study. May I suggest to you some excellent material (although somewhat lengthy) found at the link below. It is from Christian perspective, but the research is very thorough and indepth and explains in volume exactly what is propagated as truth amongst the worldly views today and the reasoning behind such deceptions. It is all supported by documented fact and historical evidence.
I am certain that you will find it astonishing and well worth your time. And it will melt your mind !!!!!

Amazing Discoveries - Total Onslaught

No thank you...
You only read (or view) selective information as well friend. So please don't point fingers.

I have no need to "re-read" what i know isn't there....
You have not displayed an appropriate level of understanding to dismiss further study on this topic.

Believe whatever you like my friend...

Im not here to convince anyone.
You are trying very hard to convince EVERYONE. (or so it seems)

Why do you continuously think i've listened to anyone... even after i've told you numerous times i listen to no one?
Yes, we can see that in the false doctrine that you continue to present. You will continue to mis-interpret the scriptures when you refuse to listen to and understand the truth found only by the Holy Spirit, who reveals the truth found in the Word of GOD.

I AM NOT SPEAKING DEROGATORY TONE WHEN I SAY THESE THINGS FRIEND. JESUS ALLOWS US TO CORRECT UNTRUTH AND FALSE DOCTRINE WHEN IT IS PRESENTED AS THE WORD OF GOD. I say these things out of great love and hope for you, hoping to present to you an interesting debate that may spark something in you, so perhaps you may at least consider re-examining your views.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

The bible teaches that everyone is born a sinner and will always be a sinner because its easier to control people when they feel guilty about everything than it is to control people who chart their own course through life.
reply to post by Gigatronix

You are incorrect. "True" Christianity is CHOICE. To accept Jesus Christ as Saviour is not "religion" - it is "RELATIONSHIP" GOD has given all humankind "free will" (as I am sure you are fully aware of). To accept Jesus or reject Jesus is entirely up to the individual. If you feel guilty because you have rejected Jesus Christ as GOD incarnate - Redeemer of sins - Saviour of humankind, then maybe you should reconsider your beliefs. "True" Christians do not need controlling - they repent BY CHOICE.

When you raise generations of people to believe that they are doomed without the guidance of prophets and saints, then the people will submit to them and do their bidding.
You are incorrect.
Take Israel for example. They did not submit and do their ( the prophets) bidding. They continually worshipped and idolized other gods. They continually rejected their true GOD, even after all of the miracles that were performed amongst the whole nation. Even after their enemies slaughtered them repeatedly (because they did not submit) - they did not submit.
Their refusal to submit caused them to miss their own Messiah (and to murder Him).

When people are ignorant about the ways of natural laws, they succumb to religion out of fear of the unknown.
You are incorrect. When people are ignorant to the One True GOD - they succumb to science and to religion out of the fear of the unknown.
People who have a faithful, repentive relationship with GOD, through Jesus, by the Holy Spirit do not fear the unknown - for there is no ultimate unknown. We know that in the end JESUS WINS! GOD promises eternal life for those who have faith in HIM, confess their sins, stop doing things against GOD (repent) and hope in those promises.

Now that people can simply google for the information they need, and see that there is more than 1 way being offered.......
You are incorrect. Jesus says that there is only ONE WAY - and that is by HIM.

still believing in the supernatural and it's narrow views. I say narrow loosely, as science is forcing the closed minds of religion ever wider.
You are incorrect. Supernatural phenomenon is support by both religious AND NON-RELIGIOUS (secular) society.
You are also incorrect because science is actually leaning more support for creation, as more discoveries about the universe are being made. Building blocks of scientific theory are being questioned and challenged with each discovery made.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1king2rulethemall

You are incorrect. "True" Christianity is CHOICE.
how can there be a choice when you are told very early in life that there is only 1 god and only 1 way to him? Where is the other choice? Where is the opportunity to explore other religions and faiths before making a choice? There is none, you are subject to the teaching of those in your immediate surroundings, and even if you learned of another path, you would have to undo years of being told "there is only 1 god and 1 way to salvation" to even have a chance at considering your other options without bias to your original teachings.

Take Israel for example. They did not submit and do their ( the prophets) bidding. They continually worshipped and idolized other gods. They continually rejected their true GOD, even after all of the miracles that were performed amongst the whole nation. Even after their enemies slaughtered them repeatedly (because they did not submit) - they did not submit.
Their refusal to submit caused them to miss their own Messiah (and to murder Him).
Ok so they weren't slaves to YOUR god, they were slaves to another God, what's the difference? They got slaughtered because they couldn't be controlled by YOUR religion. The power of fear persists regardless of whether it's God X or God Z.

You are incorrect. When people are ignorant to the One True GOD - they succumb to science and to religion out of the fear of the unknown.
I see what you did there, nice try. Problem is, science doesn't demand obedience, or faith, or worship. Science demands nothing, other than a modicum of intelligence to understand it. War is not waged over science, rival scientists don't kill each other over differing interpretations. Science can be demonstrated, tested, observed by anyone, making it a safe harbor if you find yourself lost at sea without a God. Science is not the enemy of god, it is the enemy of manipulative, deceptive church barons.

People who have a faithful, repentive relationship with GOD, through Jesus, by the Holy Spirit do not fear the unknown - for there is no ultimate unknown. We know that in the end JESUS WINS! GOD promises eternal life for those who have faith in HIM, confess their sins, stop doing things against GOD (repent) and hope in those promises.
This brings nothing to the conversation. Just more of the" I'm right and you're wrong, and I know this because Jesus said so" talking points.

You are incorrect. Jesus says that there is only ONE WAY - and that is by HIM.
More rhetoric that contributes nothing to your argument.

You are incorrect. Supernatural phenomenon is support by both religious AND NON-RELIGIOUS (secular) society.
Show me a secular scientist advocating the possibility of supernatural/biblical miracles. Links/videos will suffice.

You are also incorrect because science is actually leaning more support for creation, as more discoveries about the universe are being made.
Again, present to me non-religious scientists saying that, as they learn more, creationism becomes more likely.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Gigatronix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Do you believe its possible that every child will not hit another child every day? or do you just find power in accusing and punishing them? Also - why the little laughy icon......you find child abuse funny, dont you.

Wow..talk about making up stories..the laughy icon is because anyone who has watched children interact with each other....will obviously tell you that a childs natural tendencies can be very selfishly motivated...and you want to make it sound like they never do anything wrong..and can go for a whole week without any tendency for selfishly motivated behavior.

Your posts to me are a prime example of childish behavior in an adult. I'm tired of you twisting things around to try and imply something other than what I am plainly saying.

GROW UP vogon.. you're like the little kid who is pissed..and won't be happy till his tantrum is finished. I must have really bruised your ego at some point ..perhaps under a different member name ?

You sniffle and whine about Christians and Christianity..but you really fail to look at YOUR actions.. YOUR behavior and take accountability for it.

I won't reply to your posts anymore.. even if you try and bait me into it..like usual.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Your god is not an excuse for child abuse. I dont care how many verses you want to throw at the issue.

Child abuse is wrong.
Do you understand that (child abuse is wrong)??

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

My point is JESUS CHRIST PREDATES ALL OF YOUR REFERENCE RELIGIONS.

RuleTheMall, you are incorrect.
You have been shown your error numerous times in this thread.

It is up to you to re-read (or read) the Christian Bible to find the other numerous references.

It is up to you to re-read (or read) this post to find the other numerous references.
edit on 14-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

You are incorrect. "True" Christianity is CHOICE. To accept Jesus Christ as Saviour is not "religion" - it is "RELATIONSHIP" GOD has given all humankind "free will" (as I am sure you are fully aware of). To accept Jesus or reject Jesus is entirely up to the individual. If you feel guilty because you have rejected Jesus Christ as GOD incarnate - Redeemer of sins - Saviour of humankind, then maybe you should reconsider your beliefs. "True" Christians do not need controlling - they repent BY CHOICE.

You contradict your self.
This is a different stance than your "pro-child abuse" post a page or so back.

Sudden change in your belief, or flaw in your belief? (....or just trying to cover up the abuse?)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
. ....
I won't reply to your posts anymore.. even if you try and bait me into it..like usual.

Any chance I can get you to leave the thread entirely?

OH, never mind, you have said that before in the past, only to later return to cloud up the thread.

Please, take you crayons and go home.

Christianity -
brought to you for the purpose of
child abuse
enforcing a narrow minded point of view
financial browbeating (masked as begging)
and finally......for thousands of years....
war.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Your posts to me are a prime example of childish behavior in an adult. I'm tired of you twisting things around to try and imply something other than what I am plainly saying.

GROW UP vogon.. you're like the little kid who is pissed..and won't be happy till his tantrum is finished. I must have really bruised your ego at some point ..perhaps under a different member name ?

You sniffle and whine about Christians and Christianity..but you really fail to look at YOUR actions.. YOUR behavior and take accountability for it.

!! woopsies, gabby....not very loving or mature. (Also very off-topic and against T&C for attacking someone)

Nevertheless, you have presented here an excellent example of a projection onto someone else of your own attitude. I could quote the GROW UP bit but address it to you, gabby2011, rather than vogon, and exchange "his" for "her" regarding whose tantrum is unfinished.

As for bruised ego and all that crap, I see you have resorted once again to some sort of bizarre conspiriatorial accusation that those who call you out are actually other people. You are really paranoid about that stuff, and about people being "in cahoots" with mods, able to "add, change, and remove words" via some secret hacking skill....and I predict next you will either blame vogon of being the anti-christ, or warn him that he is in grave error.

sigh.

When you've calmed down enough to be civil, you'll again be sorry you lashed out in anger (doh!) with insulting, mud-slinging, childish browbeating.

But you will NOT be willing to answer the question I asked: "WHAT are you SO AFRAID of?"

Nor will you be willing to read the brilliant works of theologians (on grounds they are not the Bible, therefore not worthwhile and evil) who are far more advanced in their knowledge and study and spirituality than you are.

Instead, you will yell at us that your way is the only way because someone told you they know what the Bible says. You and the others who insist that the Bible's word is God's base it on nothing but what some committee or some robed clergyman decides, or some televengelist or authority figure who frightens you. Rather than behaving like a discerning adult who is willing to calmly look at other suggestions and recent developments that might actually bring you peace, you will continue to cause tension, exclusion, and friction, yelling louder and louder that WE ARE INCORRECT and YOU'RE TELLING US THE TRUTH and WE ARE CHILDISH BAITING MEANIES who are IGNORANT AND MISGUIDED AND USE POOR SCIENCE, and ....yup....going to hell.

What you are doing, the lot of you, is proving the truth of how zealous fundamentalists behave. And it is by definition, ladies and gentlemen: ABUSIVE, and SELF-RIGHTEOUS, and HOLIER-THAN-THOU.

If vogon's thread was an experiment in getting some consistency and clarity on the behavior and attitudes and "logic" used by the Christians who talk like you, it has been a dazzling and scientifically sound success. You joined the thread with informed consent that he was disturbed by the way you behave and speak. Then you upheld beautifully, flawlessly, the very source of the disturbance...through the way you behave and speak.

So no, do not pick up those books, gabby, or look at those links, because you will only wind up smashing your computer to a pulp, or throwing the book at the wall or worse, BURNING IT in your own hearth....
and then you'll feel better again. Right?

hugs, and good luck on your journey, to all of you, and for my part at least, thank you for your time and effort in expressing yourselves and offering your guidance and assstance. I really do appreciate it.
Oops! There's the bell, so....class is dismissed...we're free to go to our next subject. See ya next session!

edit on 14-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

!! woopsies, gabby....not very loving or mature. (Also very off-topic and against T&C for attacking someone)

Thats right wildtimes.. admonish me for reacting to constant attack by vogon..and blatant misconstruing of my words.

Its ok for him to do it to the point where I need to let him know how childish is he being..but then you are all over me for pointing out the obvious..

Not very loving or mature of you either..is it?

Nevertheless, you have presented here an excellent example of a projection onto someone else of your own attitude. I could quote the GROW UP bit but address it to you, gabby2011, rather than vogon, and exchange "his" for "her" regarding whose tantrum is unfinished.

Those who have eyes.. can see who is projecting what.. and who needs to grow up.

If you feel you must stand up for someone who can't see the common sense in what I am saying about children being of a naturally selfish disposition..and who twists my words around to imply that I love seeing kids abuse each other... well..have at it wildtimes.

I'm not the one who started a thread sniveling and pouting about how Christians are the reason I won't believe in God.. while the whole time acting like a baby.. who is spiteful and vindictive.. especially towards certain members.

I'm also not the member who goes on and about how we are all gods.. and all divine.. and no one should make anyone else feel like a failure.. yet totally admonishes me over and over again on this board because I have compassion for a mother who's child has disappeared... but because she was drunk.. I should totally judge her as worthless scum.

Vogon maybe sick of Christians.. but quite honestly I am sick of people who are in fact worse than those they complain about.

So no, do not pick up those books, gabby, or look at those links, because you will only wind up smashing your computer to a pulp, or throwing the book at the wall or worse, BURNING IT in your own hearth.... and then you'll feel better again. Right?

wow.. how loving of you wiltimes.. I'm sorry I have no need for smashing anything..throwing books against a wall..or burning anything.. again.. projection that is not correct.

Why would I waste time reading material that I know is not truth..when there is so much more out there to read that is about truth?

I have great peace in my heart about my journey..though I know I may stumble and fall ..and I have a long way to go before I attain total perfection in Christ..

Through prayer and letting go of what the world may think of me.. I will through His grace obtain what he wants for me..

I have great joy in putting my trust in the lord Jesus..as well as his beautiful gracious mother in protecting me as well as guiding me.. through the forgiveness of Jesus.

I will continue to pray for you wiltimes.

edit on 14-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
If you disagree, why are you wasting your time to insult the religion? You clearly won't listen to any other perspective judging from your attitude so why did you write this? I don't care what you think, neither do many Christians. What are you hoping to achieve with this thread and would you write this if you felt as strongly about Islam? Probably not.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nimsu1987

Its in the rant section for a reason.

Anyway, read beyond the OP and you may begin to develop an understanding of why I'm looking for individuals perspectives.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

........ again on this board because I have compassion for a mother who'd child has disappeared... but because she was drunk..

Why do you care?

In your eyes, that child is a sinner anyway.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

........ again on this board because I have compassion for a mother who'd child has disappeared... but because she was drunk..

Why do you care?

In your eyes, that child is a sinner anyway.

Excuse me??.. since when have I ever said I don't care about sinners?.. I am a sinner too..but I know where to go to obtain the mercy needed .

Because children may sin does not mean I don't love them..and I have said that.. over and over.

Can you understand to some degree why I see your replies as childish?

As you wish vogon.. I will leave this thread.

It is a promise I will not break this time..

But...

remember this attitude of yours.. .wanting me to leave because I asked questions and pointed some things out to you..

then remember why you started the thread.

May the mercy of Jesus be with us all.. especially those in most need of His mercy.

A going away present for those of you who wish to listen

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

wow.. how loving of you wiltimes.. I'm sorry I have no need for smashing anything..throwing books against a wall..or burning anything.. again.. projection that is not correct.

But, you apparently have a need to do those very things, figuratively, to PEOPLE who disagree with you.

Smashing them with insults,
throwing them against the wall in dismissal and calling them liars,
and burning them through your unkind words and your taunts of the flames of hell.

Hmmm. Okay, fine. You convinced me.

You are calm, serene, completely at peace, and full of love and joyful good tidings, with an open mind, an open heart, and an acceptance of all others.
Just like Jesus Christ taught.
You have the patience and bearing of a saint.
Congratulations.

Now, given those things, WHAT are you SO AFRAID of?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

... I will leave this thread.

It is a promise I will not break this time..

Sadly, you have already proven your self as
the christian who cried wolf.

hope you can stay away for a while.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

The Word of GOD says " Who can know the mind of GOD?" May I suggest you read Job chapters 38-41.

I have read the entire KJV Bible several times over, and researched it half to death, along with it's origins in the Sumerian and Babylon, and Egyptian stories. All religions are based on Sun Worship. The Sun is God, and the Earth is our Mother. The real God Creator live within us, so, yes, I do in fact know the mind of God. Where does your God live?

So far you have demonstrated your complete lack of knowledge concerning the truth of the Word of GOD.

I thought you just said no man could know the mind of God? This is called circular logic, and well know tactic of Christians. I think you may be brainwashed, friend.

But false prophets arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you

Yeah, like the one in Church? The one preaching the The Rapture Doctrine? And the Ascension and return of Jesus? I have seen it all, friend, and read more books than you have ever seen before.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

I think a lot us us have tried and tried to educate these brainwashed Christians who come in here preaching the gospel to us, all to no avail. The post I made about Christianity being Brainwashing? Christians proved it with their posts in that thread. I know their agenda, they want us all to go with them to their "Heaven." They know nothing of the secret of the Light, or what the Afterlife is really like. If they did, they would rethink their position.
They want to run the world, but never will. When Christians and Muslims kill each other off completely in their religious wars, then perhaps the rest of us can have some peach here on Earth. Until then, it's war, war, war! Kill, kill, kill! Crusades! Jihad!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

And you are guilty of the same.

Incorrect...
thats quite the assumption...

You only read (or view) selective information as well friend. So please don't point fingers.

Incorrect... I read everything... i choose what i feel to be correct... and im not pointing fingers... just stateing the obvious...

You have not displayed an appropriate level of understanding to dismiss further study on this topic

The feeling is mutual my friend... but lets not speak of understanding considering you believe in the trinity... which is a lie... without your church backing that belief it completely falls apart... this also tells me you do not actually read whats in that book... you likely get it taught to you... and yes that is an assumption

You are trying very hard to convince EVERYONE. (or so it seems)

Incorrect... yet another assumption.

I couldn't care less if ANYONE reads what i say... And have no need to convince people either.... I've accepted the fact that many people just arn't meant to understand some things.

Yes, we can see that in the false doctrine that you continue to present. You will continue to mis-interpret the scriptures when you refuse to listen to and understand the truth found only by the Holy Spirit, who reveals the truth found in the Word of GOD.

Believe whatever you like... it matters not to me...

I understand the "truth"... though its quite evident you do not... which again is quite fine with me

I AM NOT SPEAKING DEROGATORY TONE WHEN I SAY THESE THINGS FRIEND. JESUS ALLOWS US TO CORRECT UNTRUTH AND FALSE DOCTRINE WHEN IT IS PRESENTED AS THE WORD OF GOD. I say these things out of great love and hope for you, hoping to present to you an interesting debate that may spark something in you, so perhaps you may at least consider re-examining your views.

As i've said its not necessary.... my views haven't changed in many years, and theres likely nothing you can say that would "spark" anything within myself...

though i appreciate your concern... like i said, i know the truth

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join