It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians....I'm SICK of them

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

However my mother is so very deep into the christian religion, I thought I would give her religion another chance. (sadly, the "christians" on this site have turned me away from that)

Oh..more of the childish guilt trips..covered in deception.

When you can be honest with yourself vogon.. and realize that God sees and knows all.. your motivations.. your weaknesses..maybe you will see things more clearly.

There is more hatred spewing from non Christians on this forum if you would look closely..very closely...but you are throwing a tantrum now.. like a little boy...and trying to put guilt on others for your own faults.

Have fun with that.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

and just trying to drive a knife into the Christian..

Guess what vogon?.. we Christians are sick of your type as well..

Little pouters who claim that all they ever saw was terrible things in church..and waaanh waaanh.. on and on.

You are? Sick of vogon's type? Little pouters? waaanh, waaanh?
Very Christian of you, gabby......NOT.
STOP STALKING MEMBERS who you don't agree with.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
You make some valid points, but I hope you will allow me the courtesy of a differing opinion.

I am licensed and ordained as a minister, but I would want to preface anything I know with the fact that I know I have made some of the biggest mistakes and committed sins I should never be allowed to live down. My human nature wins battles I'm not proud to remember, and as a Christian I can gauge my progress by how many of these conflicts I can turn around, improve on, and win in the future.

When another Christian, or anyone for that matter, shakes his finger at you for any real or perceived shortcomings, I hope they also have the integrity to admit they are flawed as well. Too many put themselves in some leadership position or represent themselves as something they aren't qualified to be and the damage is done. Of course, this applies to many things in life, but when Christianity is involved there is a tendency to magnify itself. So, when a highly visible evangelist (for example, pick any TV preacher) allows themselves to participate, then get caught in something they should know better, I have noticed a tendency away from being humbled and/or contrition. They should ask God for forgiveness, which He promises to sincere requests, and then the forgiveness from everyone else involved, even those on the sideline who are indirectly affected in some manner.

What you have experienced is far too common and not at all what I was taught or believe. In fact, I learn more every day and I realize I will never be able to say I have the answers so I can sit back and relax. My best 2 life lessons recently are these: 1) God never tests me so He can see how I will handle a situation. He already knows, He needs for me to see how I responded, and 2) believe it or not, God has to show a great deal of faith in us and its not always the other way around. What I mean is that sometimes I see that I may have newer or better something (toy, gadget, home, etc.) than someone else. Does this mean I need to give it to a more deserving person? Possibly, but God has just shown His faith that I can discern the difference and if I am expected to keep this hypothetical widget or whatever, He believes I will handle it correctly. Again, He already knows the outcome, but will I do the right thing?

I didn't intend to preach at you, only to say that not everyone is as self-absorbed or self-righteous as the examples I have seen in this thread. In fact, I often tell others that I am neither capable or qualified to judge anyone. Its my responsibility to live my faith and not just talk about it so that people can see how fulfilling and how absolutely right it is to accept God. Sorry you had the experiences you did, but I would be willing to lower my ego to the point of begging you to try one more time. u2u me or anyone you see online you believe will be honest and helpful that seems to understand what God is all about. You may still come to the same conclusion you have, but when you consider that I could be right and God is as real as I believe Him to be, then the penalty for not taking that chance is way to serious to not at least give it that extra effort.

In the end, it is definitely your choice, and I cannot possibly express how much I wish things had worked out better for you in your quest.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

OK, darling
We can all tell from your previous posts....you were abused in some manor.

I do not care what what manor is......your mind is twisted by it, and I do not care. You deserve the hell that you believe in.

So all of you christians can just leave me alone, you have already proven you are full of crap.

You are what they call a "false prophet" along with all of you sex offending priests.....please leave me out of your sick world.

(since you are not smart enough to answer a simple child's question)

You can think whatever you want of me vogon.. God is my judge as well as the one who has knowledge of my life.

You bash Christians.. yet you can stand there and hurl unkind statements .. making up lies about people...and wish hell on others..

yes.. thats right ...cling to your pagan religions ..they are obvioulsy working very well for you.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

I was told by 4 other pastors that animals dont go to heaven. Then i started looking myself and realized it was easier and more clear if i left the middle man out.

You sometimes have to work it out on your own but the answers come. even if not on tap.

BRAVO!!!! And applause from a thinking, living, breathing, question-asking person who has as much right to breathe the air of this planet's atmosphere as any other person or animal does!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

reply to post by g146541

Thank you, Thank you!

that Exactly explains one of my thoughts.

If my puppy, who shows me unconditional love, and plays ball with me every day, is not allowed in this place called heaven.

Why would I want to be there?

Send us both to your "hell", provide a tennis ball....we will play fetch, and I will love and pet him for ever.

I asked that same question and was referred to a verse that was something like :

Let all things that have breathe praise God. (close)

But from that i could see that all life has a place in the home of God.

So there are scriptural answers but few who have a clue what they are doing.

I was told by 4 other pastors that animals dont go to heaven. Then i started looking myself and realized it was easier and more clear if i left the middle man out.

You sometimes have to work it out on your own but the answers come. even if not on tap.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

When another Christian, or anyone for that matter, shakes his finger at you for any real or perceived shortcomings, I hope they also have the integrity to admit they are flawed as well. Too many put themselves in some leadership position or represent themselves as something they aren't qualified to be and the damage is done. Of course, this applies to many things in life, but when Christianity is involved there is a tendency to magnify itself. So, when a highly visible evangelist (for example, pick any TV preacher) allows themselves to participate, then get caught in something they should know better, I have noticed a tendency away from being humbled and/or contrition. They should ask God for forgiveness, which He promises to sincere requests, and then the forgiveness from everyone else involved, even those on the sideline who are indirectly affected in some manner.

BRAVO AGAIN!! Applause from me! (worth nothing here, don't "bank" on it).....
hey, would you like to join in my thread asking for religious leaders to do their "pitch" for converts?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

There is an episode of South Park that asks this same question, and by the answer in the rule book all mutes and some handicapped will go to hell simply because god damned them by giving them breath and no means of praising.
Silly huh?

size=3>TIMMEH!!
edit on 6-1-2012 by g146541 because: failed html

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

and just trying to drive a knife into the Christian..

Guess what vogon?.. we Christians are sick of your type as well..

Little pouters who claim that all they ever saw was terrible things in church..and waaanh waaanh.. on and on.

You are? Sick of vogon's type? Little pouters? waaanh, waaanh?
Very Christian of you, gabby......NOT.
STOP STALKING MEMBERS who you don't agree with.

I fail in loving perfectly wildtimes.. we Christians are human.. and I merely wanted to point out to vogon that God sees and knows the motivation of the heart..and though we may try to fool ourselves..and fool those around us.. none of us can ever fool God.

I will stumble and fall as a Christian.. I readily admit that..Jesus doesn't expect me to be perfect.. and sometimes my honesty is rather straight to the point.

I'm not stalking wildtimes.. merely calling it how I see it.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

From another post, after spending about two weeks trying to make sense of the christian religion.
Asking the following questions that perplexed me as a child.

How many animals were on the ark?
Why can jesus be reincarnated, .....why not grandpa?
My kitty just got hit by a car. I ask my mother if my kitty will go to heaven, and the answer is NO.
Why is it my kitty can not go to heaven?
Why am I called a sinner, when I did nothing wrong?

Why do you pay this guy to tell you your are going to hell?

It is impossible to know how many animals were on the ark. But at least two of every kind of land animal. This means literally 2 of every living animal that would be considered a distinct species. Thus ruling out evolution and leaving only changes due to adaptation. Personally I think it only works if they are all infants.

Your Grandfather either has been or will be reincarnated. Jesus came to prove this.

I don’t know if your kitty is in heaven but all things are possible for God.

Everyone has done something wrong. Some have simply done more wrong than others. Everyone knows that love is the best way to act. If you have ever been angry you did something wrong. Simply because it would have been better to love.

This is actually 2 questions. First people pay a man to preach because they don’t read the bible and they don’t know that the bible requires elders to work with their hands so that they do not burden the church. Not that they can’t accept gifts but it is certainly not supposed to be anyone’s sole source of income. All of the Apostles worked with their hands as carpenters, tent makers, or did other jobs. Sometimes they went hungry because they had no money.

Anyone that tells anyone they are going to hell has judged and this is strictly forbidden by Christ. So if anyone judges anyone else they don’t understand what they are reading.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

............cling to your pagan religions .......

of course I will, the rest of you are not intelligent enough to answer a simple child's question.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Your Grandfather either has been or will be reincarnated. Jesus came to prove this.

I don’t know if your kitty is in heaven but all things are possible for God.

Everyone has done something wrong. Some have simply done more wrong than others. Everyone knows that love is the best way to act. If you have ever been angry you did something wrong. Simply because it would have been better to love.

This is actually 2 questions. First people pay a man to preach because they don’t read the bible and they don’t know that the bible requires elders to work with their hands so that they do not burden the church. Not that they can’t accept gifts but it is certainly not supposed to be anyone’s sole source of income. All of the Apostles worked with their hands as carpenters, tent makers, or did other jobs. Sometimes they went hungry because they had no money.

Anyone that tells anyone they are going to hell has judged and this is strictly forbidden by Christ. So if anyone judges anyone else they don’t understand what they are reading.

sac, once again, you have moved me, and touched me. I wish to high heaven that ALL followers of Christ (which includes me, despite the portrayal of me by some members of ATS) would adhere to these simple tenets. Love. Forgiveness. Tolerance.

You (I hope) are aware of where our differences lie (between the two of us).....and I want to sincerely thank you for your reasonable, non-judgmental, and calm approach. If there is anyone on ATS who was able to "convert" me, it would be you.
Blessings,
WT (the childish, pouting, ignorant, hurtful, evil, deceptive antichrist....)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
There is an old saying and that once your in a foxhole every man believes in God.

Actually the version of that saying I have heard is.....
There is no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole.

BIG difference,
I have found peace, and solitude in paganism.

However my mother is so very deep into the christian religion, I thought I would give her religion another chance. (sadly, the "christians" on this site have turned me away from that)

First let me say I am a Christian who believes in every word in the bible.

What you say is true. Christians shut the door on Christ every day.
Let me explain to you and others something about judging, especially those who call themselves Christians but don’t follow Christ.

As a Christian we are told by Jesus do not judge, and here is why.

If I meet with you and tell you about Christ and you don’t except him, then I say well you know you’re going to hell if you don’t except Christ. You are going to hate me and hate Christ. When I leave the door is closed forever.

If instead when you don’t except him I give you a hug and I say let me pray for you. When I leave we leave in love and peace. The door remains open. I may comeback another day and may be willing to listen.

So you see those who judge are the one’s shutting the door. I imagine it is the one who shut the door who has committed the bigger sin. This is what is meant when Christ says that you will be judged by the same measure you judge.

I do pray for you but I also understand that Christians who have not understood the Bible have turned you away from Christ. But I promise you Christ loves you, both believer and unbeliever.

If you simply cannot accept Christ, listen to the love inside of you. This love is Christ and he will guide you where you need to go. If you refuse to accept the love is Christ than simply call it love.

Jesus says that those who do the will of his father are his brothers and sisters. And God’s will is for you to always listen to the loving voice inside you, which is Christ.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Vogon42,

I am curious...the questions you state in your original post...what are the answers you have for them?
Please answer those questions. you have given to us.
You are intelligent...I know you can answer your own questions...and we can learn from you.

edit on 6-1-2012 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

You said,

But I promise you Christ loves you, both believer and unbeliever.

Well, dependant on if you bow your knee to him and accept him as your lord and saviour.
Otherwise the whole burn in hell for an eternity.
Sorry, I could never place something I love in pain yet alone for eternity.
It seems my dogs love is stronger than your gods is, and they even worship me but do not require the same.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I could never place something I love in pain yet alone for eternity.

Yeah. ^^^^^^^^^^^ that. I'm so SICK, like the OP, of being judged!
anyhoo....here's a movie-watching suggestion:
Defending Your Life.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Vogon42,

I am curious...the questions you state in your original post...what are the answers you have for them?
Please answer those questions. you have given to us.
You are intelligent...I know you can answer your own questions...and we can learn from you.

edit on 6-1-2012 by caladonea because: add more

wow....long question

My kitty just got hit by a car. I ask my mother if my kitty will go to heaven, and the answer is NO.
Why is it my kitty can not go to heaven?
Why am I called a sinner, when I did nothing wrong?

Why do you pay this guy to tell you your are going to hell?

No idea.....must have been in the thousands, if not millions. How did they keep the large carnivores from eating the others?? (cheetah vs. ferret, does not sound like a fair match)

No idea.....sounds like a double standard....everyone on Christianity seems to deny reincarnation....until this is brought up

**** sorry, still REALLY sore on this one, she was a beautiful loving cuddly kitty, I miss her so much ****
My guess is because the they are a holes??
(too bad they couldn't fast fwd that scene to after I graduated basic training, winter opps school, MP academy, Urban warfare training, hand to hand combat training, and a few years experience in central America)...... Then tell me my kitty meant nothing!

***** Why am I called a sinner, when I did nothing wrong? *****************
Just another one of those baptist a holes saying, if I (or my parents don't put enough money in the little plate....we are bound for hell)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Sorry,
I do respect your opinion, but this evening has pushed me beyond my "christian" attempt.

So, I am a bit emotional. Would really like to reconnect with my mother (who is VERY active in the Methodist church)...but these people here seem to walk the same path she does.
Not understanding I have a different point of view.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Sex sells.

And, by the number of stars on this post, so does hate.

I'm not surprised, Bless your Hearts.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t
Sex sells.

And, by the number of stars on this post, so does hate.

I'm not surprised, Bless your Hearts.

This post is in NO way intended to address the sexual abuse of children by priests.

If you wish to have that discussion, PLEASE start you own post on that matter.

We all know it happens, but it is a bit to SICK for me to discuss.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join