It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians....I'm SICK of them

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Yes, I have. Also, books about the Holocaust, and the aftermath of the War. I know that the Rothschild Banking Empire created the State of Israel,
reply to post by autowrench

The Christian Bible teaches that GOD created all people. Out of HIS created people HE created the NATION of Israel.

GENESIS 25:23

So she asked the Lord, and the Lord said to her,

“Two nations are in your womb,
and two peoples will be separated from within you.
One people will be stronger than the other,
and the older will serve the younger.”

And again................

GENESIS 26:2 The Lord appeared to Isaac and said, “Do not go down to Egypt; settle down in the land that I will point out to you. Stay in this land. Then I will be with you and will bless you, for I will give all these lands to you and to your descendants, and I will fulfill the solemn promise I made to your father Abraham.

then again...............

GENESIS 28:3 May the sovereign God bless you! May he make you fruitful and give you a multitude of descendants! Then you will become a large nation. May he give you and your descendants the blessing he gave to Abraham so that you may possess the land God gave to Abraham, the land where you have been living as a temporary resident.

Lev 26:12 I will walk among you, and I will be your God and you will be my people.

Eze 11:20 so that they may follow my statutes and observe my regulations and carry them out. Then they will be my people, and I will be their God.

Jer 32:38 They will be my people, and I will be their God.

EXODUS 19:3 Moses went up to God, and the Lord called to him from the mountain, “Thus you will tell the house of Jacob, and declare to the people of Israel: ‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt and how I lifted you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. And now, if you will diligently listen to me and keep my covenant, then you will be my special possession out of all the nations, for all the earth is mine, and you will be to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words that you will speak to the Israelites.”

My, my! You certainly do elevate your Godman up there pretty high, don't you? Jesus now wrote the entire Bible? Did he and King James, and Sir Bacon all have a sit down, and a discussion on what was in, and what was out? And I believe, in the KJV the first words are, "In the Beginning...."

Where did you get this vast knowledge from? Cause it sure is not in the Bible!
Firstly - YES. I do elevate my "GODMAN" up there pretty high - as KJV© 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Bible was written through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. The Old Testament alone contains well over 400 prophecies. Jesus fulfilled them ALL ! some of them were written over 1000 years in advance.

How many prophecies did Jesus fulfill?

I suppose that, "All of them," isn't quite the answer you are looking for. In reality, Jesus did fulfill all of the prophecies pertaining to the coming Messiah. I will get into some examples in a moment. But, first of all, what is a prophecy? It is God speaking through a servant-a prophet-to describe a coming event long before it happens. There are over 400 prophecies in the Old Testament which point to the coming Messiah and to His life and death. Jesus Christ perfectly fulfilled every single one of them. The odds of someone doing that who was not the Messiah are too great to even figure. It is impossible.

DEUTERONOMY 18:20 “But if any prophet presumes to speak anything in my name that I have not authorized him to speak, or speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. Now if you say to yourselves, ‘How can we tell that a message is not from the Lord?’ whenever a prophet speaks in my name and the prediction is not fulfilled, then I have not spoken it; the prophet has presumed to speak it, so you need not fear him.”

ALL PROPHECY ABOUT JESUS' COMING IS 100% FULFILLED. This is irrefutable fact that the Holy Scriptures were not merely written by humans, but by Divine inspiration from the Creator of the universe HIMSELF.

And I believe, in the KJV the first words are, "In the Beginning...."
You are correct. But you have (conveniently neglected the rest of the sentence).

I STATED............The entire Bible, from the very first SENTENCE to the very last sentence is ENTIRELY about Jesus Christ.

Jesus IS GOD. The Bible is about Jesus Christ (the "GODMAN) stepping out of heaven (where He pre-existed), humbling Himself as a human man, dying on the cross in our place, resurrecting three days later, giving those who believe in Him forgiveness of sins and eternal life.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

And there it is. Let us look into this. The highest heavenly creatures are called Seraphim.

Yes - and GOD created them. I am not sure how that relates to the fact that demons are worshipped as gods?

The only graven image/idol Yahweh ever permits is that of a "fiery flying serpent", obviously his own personal image.
You are incorrect in your statement, for GOD clearly and emphatically commands that no one is to make ANY graven image at all - and to NOT worship any other god.

COMMANDMENT # 2
2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.

Jer 1:16 In this way I will pass sentence on the people of Jerusalem and Judah because of all their wickedness. For they rejected me and offered sacrifices to other gods, worshiping what they made with their own hands.”

Exo 34:14 For you must not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

2Ki 17:38 You must never forget the agreement I made with you, and you must not worship other gods.

Previously you have stated this belief........

I know the Divine Mother quite well, friend, I would bet a lot better than thou. I really don't believe anyone could "send" Her anywhere, She goes where she pleases.

And yet you state later on...........

I have ran across a great deal of evidence that the entire story was made up, copied and changed from earlier texts and stories......
That seems to me a little contradictory in itself. You deny the GOD of the Bible and berate people who believe in HIM - yet for you to have your own gods/goddesses is perfectly acceptable, and justified. Can you see that you and Christians are all on the same level.

the Divine mother IS NOT BIBLICAL at all. For the record.

You have already set someone named "Jesus," to "judge" you upon your physical death, I assume. Is that correct so far? Have you researched to your satisfaction that this Jesus man existed, or are you simply takings another's word for it? Are you certain, beyond any doubt whatsoever, that your book is totally correct, no errors or translation mistakes, no agenda of the group doing the writing?

If your answer to all of this is yes, then by all means believe what you want.

You tell Christians to believe what they want, but in the same breath you ridicule, belittle, argue, and condemn them for doing just that.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I never said I was Christ.
reply to post by IAMIAM

Once again you contradict your own words.

Repeat after me...

I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father but by me.

With Love,

Your Brother

If you cannot say it, then you are not the truth, you are not the way, nor are you the life.

So by what right can you come forward to judge me if I say I am?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

you can have sick leave but for bahooney's sake, get immunised and be tolerant. Everyone has been there done that, yanno?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Your understanding of Leviathan in the Christian Bible is also incorrect.

KJV© 74:14 Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, [and] gavest him [to be] meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness.
KJV© 27:1 In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that [is] in the sea.
KJV© 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
KJV© 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as [the feet] of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

The Christian Bible tells us that leviathan represents the serpent - dragon - satan.

Rev 20:2 He seized the dragon – the ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan – and tied him up for a thousand years.
Rev 12:9 So that huge dragon – the ancient serpent, the one called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world – was thrown down to the earth, and his angels along with him.

JOB 41
Description of Leviathan

41:18 Its snorting throws out flashes of light;
its eyes are like the red glow of dawn.
41:19 Out of its mouth go flames, sparks of fire shoot forth!
41:20 Smoke streams from its nostrils
as from a boiling pot over burning rushes.
41:21 Its breath sets coals ablaze
and a flame shoots from its mouth.

41:31 It makes the deep boil like a cauldron
and stirs up the sea like a pot of ointment,
41:32 It leaves a glistening wake behind it;
one would think the deep had a head of white hair.
41:33 The likes of it is not on earth,
a creature without fear.
41:34 It looks on every haughty being;
it is king over all that are proud.”

This is not a necessarily only a physical description of Leviathan, but a spiritual interpretation at the same time. It is describing the gospel of satan and how it effects humankind.

If you want to understand what the Bible is saying, then you first need to understand the language that the bible uses. Remember that the underlying truth of the Word of GOD is about our eternal spiritual existence. Therefore everything Biblical should be perceived on more than one level. Physical - spiritual - eternal implications apply to every word in the scripture.

Many people fail to understand this. I am only just learning about how very deep and intricate the Word of GOD really is.

Be blessed friend.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker

Atheists need to learn their place.

I'm curious as to what you mean by this. What is this place I should learn of?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by vogon42

you can have sick leave but for bahooney's sake, get immunised and be tolerant. Everyone has been there done that, yanno?

Well, this thread was created in the rant section (rather than the religion section) for a reason. Its a rant.
There are over 43,000 different versions of christianity, all based in the SAME book. So looking to the book does not give me perspective when everyone reads it differently.

I realize there are many decent, level headed christians out there, there are also many whacked out christians out there, and very very many who fall in between (to varying degrees).

I feel my mother is a bit closer to the whacked out side than the normal side......but not so far that she protests funerals or anything like that.

Just wanted to get a christian perspective.

Some say the bible is the truth, and every word literal, some say it is stories. Others say it is both, and yet others seem to change their opinion as it suits their needs.

Some say the holy trinity is bogus, and that Jesus is the only god.
Others believe in the holy trinity.

I even had one (claimed to be christian) tell me Noah was fake, the Ark was fake, yet the great flood did occur.

I could go on like this for a long time, but to get to my point.

This is why I don't believe the bible is going to help me at least ATTEMPT to get a partial understanding of the view points behind all the different perspectives.
edit on 11-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2012 by vogon42 because: type

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

I could go on like this for a long time, but to get to my point. This is why I don't believe the bible is going to help me at least ATTEMPT to get a partial understanding of the view points behind all the different perspectives.

Maybe if you humbled yourself before the LIVING GOD..and graciously asked for His Holy Spirit to help you understand the words of scripture.

Talk to Him as you would a father vogon..He understands your confusion and the trials and tribulations we face on this earth. If you are truly sincere in wanting to understand Him..pray through the mercy of the Holy Spirit obtained for us through the death of Jesus...and ask our Father to guide you and help you.

There are many souls praying for you vogon.. trust in the love of Jesus and His father to help you understand.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
YEs i am going to agree with you here, a huge lack of originallity. you ask them why? and oh well the answer is 'well i read it in a book' hahaha load of nonsense

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Wow, you just don't get it do you.

Try to read my post again, concentrate on the point of the post.

When you are done, see if you can understand that I am trying to

"get a partial understanding of the view points behind all the different perspectives."

That has nothing to do with god, and everything to do with asking his followers.

example - do YOU believe everything it the bible is complete and literal truth, or are there parts of it you interpret rather than take literally?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

I can prove to you that my version is the right one.

This is quite simple my version is to acknowledge that Christ teaches us to love each other and our god to the point we are willing to sacrifice our own life for the benefit of all including our enemy.

Now that I have taught you about Christ you have to read the bible with this lens to understand the rest. If anything that you read sounds contrary to the above message than you don’t understand so you need to highlight that part and come back to it, after you are done. By the time you have finished you should be able to go back and understand that verse. If not you need to pray for understanding.

You see my version is the one that says you must read it for yourself and allow the Holy Spirit to teach you. This was Christ version of understanding as well.

So you see my version is your version. That is why it is the right one.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

I'm going to guess this response was humor, or sarcasm......
Am I right?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

I'm going to guess this response was humor, or sarcasm......
Am I right?

A little humor and sarcasm but mostly the truth.

Honestly I do believe that everyone needs to read for themselves. Freeing their mind from all they have been taught and allow themselves to learn.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 1king2rulethemall

The Christian Bible teaches that GOD created all people. Out of HIS created people HE created the NATION of Israel.

Well, that's just the thing, isn't it? I do not take the Christian Bible as an authority document, as I have thoroughly researched it's origins and intent. In other words, what the Christian Bible says means nothing to me.

The Bible was written through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

Care to define this "Holy Spirit?" I have had many arguments and debates over this matter, and most agree that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the Creator(ess), so it indwells in every human being. So, in essence a man or two was inspired to author a book, is that what you are saying?

ALL PROPHECY ABOUT JESUS' COMING IS 100% FULFILLED.

Does Jesus know you tell lies? I have a few prophecies that have not come true, one, Solomon's Temple has not been rebuilt, and Jesus never came back. Here are a few others:

(Mark 11:34) "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

(Mat 16:27) "For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done."

(Mat 16:28) "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

(Mat 8:22) "But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead."

The word "Trinity" does not appear anywhere in the Bible. For this reason, many people think that it is a false doctrine, created by the early church leaders.

Did Jesus Ever Say He was God?
We need only read the Gospels to attest to the fact of Jesus' genuine humanity. There is not a limitation that humanity shares that Jesus did not fall heir. Like the rest of us, he got hungry. When at the well of Sameria he asked the women who was drawing water for a drink. When he grew tired, he needed rest and sleep. He leared obedience, we are told, in the way we must learn it. When his disciples were unfaithful it was very cutting to his heart. The blindness of the city he longed to save moved him to tears. In the garden he experienced the normal agony of any individual in the same situation. He did say he was equal to God, as all of Humanity can be. He was not God. Need more proof?

Jesus is not all knowing:

(Mark 24:36)
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

In the OT, God is not shy to say "I am God." He said this a lot. So if Jesus is God, then how come he never said it once, like the God of the OT? This is not a coincidence.

The New Testament makes it very clear that Jesus is the son of man:

(Mat 8:20) And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air [have] nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay [his] head.

(Mat 9:6) But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house

(Mat 12:8) For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

(Luke 9:44) Let these sayings sink down into your ears: for the Son of man shall be delivered into the hands of men.

(Luke 9:22) Saying, The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be slain, and be raised the third day.

(John 5:27) And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

So, if Jesus is "The Son of Man," then he could not be, "The Son of God."

When we read the Bible, we find that Jesus was sent to preach to a specific nation only, not mankind. One would expect to find Jesus being sent to all of mankind if he was God, rather what we find is that Jesus just like all the other prophets, was sent to a specific nation only:

(Mat 15:24) But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

The Bible also claims that Jesus cannot save anyone.
(Hebrews 5:1-8) 1 For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins: 2 Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity. 3 And by reason hereof he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins.

Can you dispute me?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 1king2rulethemall

Your understanding of Leviathan in the Christian Bible is also incorrect.

I get that a lot from Christians, friend. I am quite familiar, from years of research, of the Draco/Reptilians and their tricks, one of which was religion. If you wish to take just the one source for all of your information, more power to you. I require a bit more info myself. I will not fall on my knees before a Dragon, but I will bet a great many of you all do. This is what Revelations means when it says people will worship the Beast that came out of then Sea.

There are many scholarly articles that convincingly argue that originally El and Yahweh are different Entities. This is why there are two completely different creation stories in Genesis, the original, evolution friendly version credited to El and the fairy tale version to Yahweh. And archaeology PROVES That the original Storm Dragon Yaw of Cannanite mythology was the son of El, exactly as it is stated in Psalms, and implied in Deuteronomy. And BOTH Storm Dragon Yaw, and Yahweh the Storm God acknowledge Ba'al Hadad as their sworn enemy. The very Bible you believe in Bible says that Yahweh breathes fire, has wings, creates floods, blocks rivers with his body, eats virgins, and hordes gold. As well as being jealous, vindictive, cruel, and generally ungodlike. But don't blame him, he's a Dragon who works for El, the creator, just like Queztalcoatl, Kuklakan, etc. 100 million years ago the Dragon was the smartest creature to be a heavenly assistant. Even Jesus plainly states that the Pharisees were worshipping "The Murderer from the beginning", and NOT his Father the Creator. In Fact, Jesus does not call to Yahweh from the cross, He calls to Eloi (Elohim), who according to Cannanite theology was the Father/Creator of the Storm Dragon Yaw, who would be called Yahweh by the Hebrews. Chrisitians today believe Jesus is referring to Satan, but this makes knows sense becasue the Pharisees were conciously worshipping Yahweh.

See how mixed up you are here? You have to READ it. Skipping through it will get you nowhere. If you all are going to throw Bible at me all the time, then I shall show you what is in there. I am not flaming you, insulting you, or ridiculing you. You bring up bible, well, here is Bible.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Originally posted by autowrench

I have a few prophecies that have not come true, one, Solomon's Temple has not been rebuilt, and Jesus never came back. Here are a few others:

Mark 11:34 "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

Mat 16:28 "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

You are correct the end time prophecies have come true.

Jesus says that he can only do the will of the father. If you ask anything outside of what is God’s will he simply cannot give it to you. He is obedient to the father before he is obedient to man. Unless we understand this we will not receive what we pray for. I have prayed for God’s will and have received it.

I will not taste death. I have been assured resurrection. I am not concerned with my physical death as my spiritual body will not die.

Jesus is not all knowing:

Mark 24:3632 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. 35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. 36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

The bible has different meanings for generations one is 70 years the other appears to be the length of time that makes up a covenant promise between God and man. Since Christ has not returned we are still part of the generation and the words most certainly have not passed away.

So, if Jesus is "The Son of Man," then he could not be, "The Son of God."

Jesus is both the son of man and the son of God. This is possible because his father was God and mother was human. In this way he could become obedient to the flesh and also overcome it.

Luke 4:41 Moreover, demons came out of many people, shouting, "You are the Son of God!" But he rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew he was the Christ.

Luke 1:35 And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy—the Son of God.

John 1:1&14 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 14And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

When we read the Bible, we find that Jesus was sent to preach to a specific nation only, not mankind. One would expect to find Jesus being sent to all of mankind if he was God, rather what we find is that Jesus just like all the other prophets, was sent to a specific nation only:

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

You are correct he was sent to come and rebuke those who called themselves Israel but did not follow the laws of their forefathers, but instead followed the laws of men. He sent the apostles to everyone else.

When he returns I imagine that he will also come to rebuke those who call themselves Christians but fail to follow the commands of Christ.

The Bible also claims that Jesus cannot save anyone.

You left out the end of that passage. I will post it in its entirety because it speaks for itself.

Hebrews 5:1-10
1 Every high priest is selected from among the people and is appointed to represent the people in matters related to God, to offer gifts and sacrifices for sins. 2 He is able to deal gently with those who are ignorant and are going astray, since he himself is subject to weakness. 3 This is why he has to offer sacrifices for his own sins, as well as for the sins of the people. 4 And no one takes this honor on himself, but he receives it when called by God, just as Aaron was. 5 In the same way, Christ did not take on himself the glory of becoming a high priest. But God said to him,

“You are my Son;
today I have become your Father.”
6 And he says in another place,
“You are a priest forever,
in the order of Melchizedek.”
7 During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission. 8 Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered

9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him

10 and was designated by God to be high priest in the order of Melchizedek.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

The bible has different meanings for generations one is 70 years the other appears to be the length of time that makes up a covenant promise between God and man.

Now see, others say the Bible is God's word, and never changes. Which is it?

Jesus is both the son of man and the son of God. This is possible because his father was God and mother was human.

Hmmm.I am the son of Woman, and a Son of God/Goddess too. Do you hear how that sounds?

You are correct he was sent to come and rebuke those who called themselves Israel but did not follow the laws of their forefathers, but instead followed the laws of men. He sent the apostles to everyone else.

Friend, I have seen no evidence such "apostles" even existed.
First, except for a thing called "P52," a tiny mid-second century fragment maybe from John, there are no gospel manuscript fragments till about 200 AD (and no complete Gospels till the fifth century). This is History, friend.

All the Gospels derive their basic story of Jesus of Nazareth from a single source: whoever produced the first version of Mark. Matthew and Luke are re-workings of Mark with extra, mostly teaching, material added is now an almost universal scholarly conclusion. The Book of Acts, as a "historical witness" to Jesus and the beginnings of the Christian movement, cannot be relied upon, since it is a tendentious creation of the second century, dependent on the Gospels and designed to create a picture of Christian origins traceable to a unified body of apostles in Jerusalem who were followers of an historical Jesus. Many scholars now admit that much of Acts is sheer fabrication, and nothing more.

Not only do the Gospels contain basic and irreconcilable differences in their accounts of Jesus, they have been put together according to a traditional Jewish practice known as "midrash", which involved reworking and enlarging on scripture. This could entail the retelling of older biblical stories in new settings. Thus, Mark’s Jesus of Nazareth was portrayed as a new Moses, with features that paralleled the stories of Moses. Many details were fashioned out of specific passages in scripture.
Some scholars now regard the Gospels as "faith documents" and not accurate historical accounts. Romans made up all that Christian dogma. They wanted to use religion to control and exploit the people, and they still do control the people, and they still do lie to the people.

The simple truth here is, if you cannot trust the source, then the material within is moot. I, and many others in here who have researched this out, do not trust the source.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Wow, you just don't get it do you.

Try to read my post again, concentrate on the point of the post.

When you are done, see if you can understand that I am trying to

"get a partial understanding of the view points behind all the different perspectives."

That has nothing to do with god, and everything to do with asking his followers.

example - do YOU believe everything it the bible is complete and literal truth, or are there parts of it you interpret rather than take literally?

Honestly vogon I struggle with quite a few things that are written in the bible.. and the odd time it seems like it even contradicts itself.

I try to take the things I do understand.. or at least believe.. because mysteries can be difficult to understand... and work with those.

I do believe that God helps us understand.. at least the important stuff.. if we ask Him for help..and do it in the spirit of wanting to improve our lives...and to increase our love for Him as well as our fellow man.
edit on 11-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
Honestly vogon I struggle with quite a few things that are written in the bible.. and the odd time it seems like it even contradicts itself.

I try to take the things I do understand.. or at least believe.. because mysteries can be difficult to understand... and work with those.

I do believe that God helps us understand.. at least the important stuff.. if we ask Him for help..and do it in the spirit of wanting to improve our lives...and to increase our love for Him as well as our fellow man.

I love it when you speak from the heart.

Brought tears to my eyes.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 11-1-2012 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I'm not sure what you mean by that statement.. perhaps you could it make it more clear?

Hi gabby, there are many who are under 'influence' in their actions via the spiritual realms that interact directly within this dominion (comprised of both positive and negative aligned entities). The adversaries can work through others just as much as the influence of the Holy Spirit.

Forgive them 'for they know not what they do' can be applied in many cases to the Children in the corruptible flesh.

Many partake in rebelliousness acts daily and don't understand the 'permissions' it allows (via cause and effect) for their Being to be further manipulated away from Grace.

You're most welcome for the prayers, and I thank you for yours in Grace.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join