It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians....I'm SICK of them

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1king2rulethemall
Are you actually quoting John 14:6 about yourself ?

I do hope that I have mis-understood your reply.

If you cannot say it, then you are not the truth, you are not the way, nor are you the life.

So by what right can you come forward to judge me if I say I am?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigatronix

"you worded your OP poorly" OK, if it were not a rant, I would agree.

OK, how about you man up and admit
You are not capable of taking the entire thread in context (you miss sentences you don't want to read)

You do not understand what a rant is. (that would help you quite a bit in understanding this thread)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigatronix
reply to post by vogon42

I didn't say you meant all christians, my point was after I have repeatedly pointed out your poor choice of wording, you still do it. I'll say it one more time: Make the distinction every single time, do not assume that people will know what you mean.If you keep doing it, it becomes less likely that it's just a goof, and more likely that you are saying what you mean. It's really that simple.

I'm aware of what I write.
If you want to read something else into it, well I guess I can't keep you from doing that and making your self mad. Its your choice, not mine.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42
reply to post by Gigatronix

"you worded your OP poorly" OK, if it were not a rant, I would agree.

OK, how about you man up and admit
You are not capable of taking the entire thread in context (you miss sentences you don't want to read)

You do not understand what a rant is. (that would help you quite a bit in understanding this thread)
Me personally, whether it's a rant or treatise, I do my best to speak clearly and concisely, making sure I don't leave out a key word that could change the entire meaning of what I'm trying to say. If you want to be careless, that's your prerogative, however don't be suprised when you have to spend time clarifying your intent, rather than actually talking about the subject. I'm not going to read an entire thread of this, because it's of no interest to me and I find it in poor taste. Just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

And right there is your biggest problem, friend. You have already set someone named "Jesus," to "judge" you upon your physical death, I assume. Is that correct so far? Have you researched to your satisfaction that this Jesus man existed, or are you simply takings another's word for it? Are you certain, beyond any doubt whatsoever, that your book is totally correct, no errors or translation mistakes, no agenda of the group doing the writing?

If your answer to all of this is yes, then by all means believe what you want. Others may not see it that way, and I am one who does not. I have ran across a great deal of evidence that the entire story was made up, copied and changed from earlier texts and stories, and that the Gods of the Bible were all Extraterrestrial, not supernatural. I will leave you with some links, you wouldn't even take time to click on and read them, but you cannot say I didn't try to educate you.
reply to post by autowrench

Let me ask you a question if I may. Have you read the history of the nation of Israel - the entire jewish people - as told by themselves. I do believe that the entire jewish population accept as fact their own history.

Their documented historical account of the birth of their own nation of Israel is exactly identical (double parenthesis intentional) as the old testament Biblical record.

Are you certain, beyond any doubt whatsoever, that your book is totally correct, no errors or translation mistakes, no agenda of the group doing the writing?
Our answer would be YES!!!!!!!!

The Bible is a collection of 66 books penned by roughly 40 authors over a time frame of approximately 1900 years. The entire Bible, from the very first sentence to the very last sentence is ENTIRELY about Jesus Christ. He is the theme, the plot, the main character, and ultimately the author. Historical evidence supports the bible, geological evidence supports the bible, archeological evidence supports the bible, biographical evidence supports the bible and eye witness testimony supports the bible. Secular evidence also supports the authenticity of the bible.
People who HATED Jesus were "changed" to a point of belief where they voluntarily were tortured, ridiculed, excommunicated, imprisoned, beaten, alienated, and even died for their faith. (Paul the apostle was an obvious example).

Luke was a trained medical physicican. Highly educated and well respected. Here is what He says about authenticity of Jesus Christ on earth.............

LUKE 1:1 - 13

1:1 Now many have undertaken to compile an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, like the accounts passed on to us by those who were eyewitnesses and servants of the word from the beginning. So it seemed good to me as well, because I have followed all things carefully from the beginning, to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know for certain the things you were taught.

If your answer to all of this is yes, then by all means believe what you want. Others may not see it that way, and I am one who does not. I have ran across a great deal of evidence that the entire story was made up, copied and changed from earlier texts and stories, and that the Gods of the Bible were all Extraterrestrial, not supernatural. I will leave you with some links, you wouldn't even take time to click on and read them, but you cannot say I didn't try to educate you.
For every evidence that you provide for they nae, there is as much evidence for the yae.

Definition of extraterrestrial

extraterrestrial |ˌekstrətəˈrestrēəl|
adjective
of or from outside the earth or its atmosphere
The GOD of the Bible is exactly as your description implies. HE is also outside of the space-time continuum. HE is also outside of human definition.

The angels that GOD created are also extraterrestrial by definition. The angels that sinned and were cast out of heaven are extraterrestrial. The GODs of the Bible that were worshipped, other than the MOST HIGH, are those fallen angels. They are the extraterrestrials that you speak of.

I will leave you with some links, you wouldn't even take time to click on and read them, but you cannot say I didn't try to educate you.

amazing discoveries

How do you know that the bible is true?

Historical proofs of the bible

Scientific proof of the bible

Archeology and the bible

Book of Enoch

[url=http://www.nwcreation.net

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

If you cannot say it, then you are not the truth, you are not the way, nor are you the life.

With Love,

Your Brother
reply to post by IAMIAM

You are at least correct with one thing that you have said friend.
I AM NOT THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE ! That title is exclusively for Jesus Christ. There is no other truth, way or life apart from Jesus. The Christian Bible clearly teaches that.

I don't judge you brother - I just point out that you are absolutely wrong according to what Jesus Christ says in the scriptures. You go against the Word of God by what you say.

Mat 24:5 For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will mislead many.

Mar 13:6 Many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and they will mislead many.

Luk 21:8 He said, “Watch out that you are not misled. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The time is near.’ Do not follow them!

Mat 24:11 And many false prophets will appear and deceive many,

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I don't think I have ever read what you do or do not believe. Do you believe in God, or at least some form of deity that existed prior to what we see.

Do you agree with the message of love that Christ was teaching? Do you try to pattern your life to live in a loving manner like Jesus as portrayed in the bible?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1king2rulethemall

With Love,

Your Brother
reply to post by IAMIAM

You are at least correct with one thing that you have said friend.
I AM NOT THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE ! That title is exclusively for Jesus Christ. There is no other truth, way or life apart from Jesus. The Christian Bible clearly teaches that.

I don't judge you brother - I just point out that you are absolutely wrong according to what Jesus Christ says in the scriptures. You go against the Word of God by what you say.

Mat 24:5 For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will mislead many.

Mar 13:6 Many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and they will mislead many.

Luk 21:8 He said, “Watch out that you are not misled. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The time is near.’ Do not follow them!

Mat 24:11 And many false prophets will appear and deceive many,

Many have come and many will come, but not one of that many is me.

I never said I was Christ. I am what I am.

I do not tell you to find christ any where but within yourself.

You say you are not the way, the truth, and the life, but I do not believe you.

I believe you are truth. Your life is as real as mine. And as sure as you were born so to will your flesh die, for that is the way.

That is what makes me different my friend.

I did not come here expecting you to find Christ within me.

I came to help you find christ within YOU.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 10-1-2012 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

He has sent the Holy mother of Jesus many times to the earth.. to try and teach us..as well as produced very Holy souls among mankind ..infused with wisdom and understanding of the Holy Spirit to guide us along. I wish you nothing but the Holy Trinity's love autowrench.. and ask that you place my instruction and learning in the hands of my creator.. Thank you.

I know the Divine Mother quite well, friend, I would bet a lot better than thou. I really don't believe anyone could "send" Her anywhere, She goes where she pleases.
I am here, on this planet, just as you are, to learn, and to teach that which I have learned. I am not yet ready to be at one with my Divine Mother and Father, I have a long road to travel. I have learned much here living with the humans, but not enough, hell, I cannot seem to absorb enough information! This life I followed a mechanical path, next time will be different, the time before that was war and soldiering, I believe. I will not be attending your party in Heaven, spending my Afterlife with Christians would be like Hell to me anyway. I have a place, I have been there before, many times, in fact, and it is nice, and I like it there.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

You are more than welcome, friend. Research for me comes very easy, sometimes unseen hands guide my fingers across the keyboard. Anything you want to know, wildtimes, feel free to ask me.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I know the Divine Mother quite well, friend, I would bet a lot better than thou. I really don't believe anyone could "send" Her anywhere, She goes where she pleases.

The Blessed Mother I speak of is humble and always obedient to the divine will of the heavenly Father, and His only son Jesus.

We are speaking of two different mothers.. so I guess it would be best to just agree to disagree. I will obviously not prove anything to you with words.. as well as you will not prove anything to me with words.

Let us leave the proving to those with the power to do so.. through divine intervention.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 1king2rulethemall

Let me ask you a question if I may. Have you read the history of the nation of Israel - the entire jewish people - as told by themselves. I do believe that the entire jewish population accept as fact their own history.

Yes, I have. Also, books about the Holocaust, and the aftermath of the War. I know that the Rothschild Banking Empire created the State of Israel, and Britain and America went along because they both owed the Rothschild Banking Empire a great deal of money for the war debt. Germany was made to pay reparations, and as far as I know, they still do. America unlawfully armed Israel with nuclear missiles and technology that made them a superpower.

Much of the confusion surrounding Israel is due to Israel presenting itself as a Jewish state - it's not....Israel is a Zionist (Khazar) state. When people mention the word Jewish, they are usually mixing together three very distinct, different elements.

There are the Hebrews...the Semitic race generally referred to in the Bible. Many Hebrews, however, are not Jews, there are also Christian and Arab Hebrews...all are true Semitic peoples. Then there is Judaism, the religion. Lastly, there is world Zionism, a geopolitical movement that is atheistic in nature and worships wealth and power...and all that follows in its wake. The roots of Zionism, and the House of Rothschild, can be traced back to the Kazars of Southern Russia. History shows that the Rothschilds financed the Nazi's into power; while at the same time financing the war effort in England, this is called playing both ends against the middle. Yes, I know a few things about the Jewish People, I have a good friend who is a Jewish Rabbi, and love comedians who are Jewish. I also find the Jewish women to be fascinating.

Medieval Kingdom of Khazaria, 652-1016

The Kazarian Jews

I also know that Ancient Jerusalem was the Annunaki Control Center, and some say the Jewish Race was created by Yahweh and the Reptilians.

The entire Bible, from the very first sentence to the very last sentence is ENTIRELY about Jesus Christ. He is the theme, the plot, the main character, and ultimately the author.

My, my! You certainly do elevate your Godman up there pretty high, don't you? Jesus now wrote the entire Bible? Did he and King James, and Sir Bacon all have a sit down, and a discussion on what was in, and what was out? And I believe, in the KJV the first words are, "In the Beginning...."

Where did you get this vast knowledge from? Cause it sure is not in the Bible!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

The Blessed Mother I speak of is humble and always obedient ......

I just so dislike that view that women are second class citizens. Its seems uncivilized, and degrading.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

wildtimes ..I never intentionally insulted you when I disagreed with what you were saying.. but you retaliated with much hatred and psycho babble analysis of me.

I'm sorry it hurts you when I say that it is the spirit of the antichrist who says Jesus is not the only way to heaven.. and satans most common way of infiltrating peoples minds and hearts is to come as angel of light.. bringing love.. but it is a false light and not the true love of the Father.

I think It's true that there is no intention to insult people as such, on your part, gabby.

What there is, however, is a tendency which exists on the part of a large number of Christians; and that is to see a fundamental difference between themselves and the rest of humanity. According to this view, Christians are saved, and non-Christians are unsaved.

The main problem with this view, is that it essentially renders compassion impossible. The reason why, is because in order to be compassionate towards someone, you first need to be able to empathise with them entirely on their own level. That also involves not having the attitude that you are saved, and they are not; because as long as you are viewing them as being unsaved, and yourself saved, you're seeing yourself as being superior to them, which in turn leads to otherisation as an attitude.

I don't want to consider myself saved, to be honest. The reason why, is because according to the belief system of most Christians at least, upwards of 90% of humanity are going to Hell. This means that I would be at a tremendous disadvantage when trying to communicate with them, or when trying to reach out to them with compassion.

You mention Jesus a lot, which is great; he is a fantastic role model. However, are you aware of him having gone to Hell himself for three days, before he was resurrected?

This, to me, is an illustration of the idea that he didn't externalise people. He didn't envision a scenario where billions were going to Hell, and he wasn't. He was willing to put himself at risk, by going there as well. It was said that he stole the keys, and used them to release souls who were already there.

This, truthfully, is the interpretation of Christianity that I believe in; that rather than wanting to involuntarily send people to Hell, God is willing to go to literally any lengths to help people...and that actually, even after they've ended up in such a place, (because yes, I think Hells *do* exist) the effort never ceases to get them out. I have read that although eventually the practice stopped, the early Christians performed soul retrievals to assist people who'd ended up in Hells, and bring them out, similar to how shamans in some other cultures do.
edit on 10-1-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 1king2rulethemall

Definition of extraterrestrial |ˌekstrətəˈrestrēəl| adjective of or from outside the earth or its atmosphere The GOD of the Bible is exactly as your description implies. HE is also outside of the space-time continuum. HE is also outside of human definition.

And there it is. Let us look into this. The highest heavenly creatures are called Seraphim.

A seraph (pl. seraphim;
Hebrew: שְׂרָפִים śərāfîm, singular שָׂרָף śārāf;

Latin: seraphi[m], singular seraph[us];

Greek: σεραφείμ) is a type of celestial or heavenly being in the Abrahamic religions. Literally "burning ones", the word is normally a synonym for serpents when used in the Hebrew Bible, but they are mentioned in the Book of Isaiah as fiery six-winged beings which praise God while encircling His Throne. This can be seen in (Revelation 4:8) "Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under his wings. Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come". They are mentioned as celestial beings in an influential Hellenistic work, the non-canonical Book of Enoch, and a little later in the canonical Book of Revelation. They occupy the fifth of ten ranks of the hierarchy of angels in medieval and modern Judaism and the highest rank in the Christian angelic hierarchy.
Wiki source

Saraph:
(from Strong's Concordance, #08314)

Translated in the King James Version:
A Saraph, or Seraphim is called, in the Bible, a fiery serpent (3 times) fiery 2 times, seraphim 2 times, a serpent, a fiery serpent; a poisonous serpent (fiery from burning effect of poison)
seraph, seraphim: majestic beings with 6 wings, human hands or voices in attendance upon God.
(from Strong's Concordance, #08314)

Is the reader beginning to understand? The Principle god of the Bible, Yahweh, (YHWH) is in fact the Leviathan.

Leviathan:
Literally, ‘coiled’.
The sea serpent of Hebrew myth, a restatement of the chaos-dragon Tiamat, is the same as the Ras Shamra Lotan, the seven-headed monster slain by Anat.

The apocryphal Book of Enoch speaks of a companion beast. ‘And in that day will two monsters be separated a female named Leviathan to dwell in the abyss over the fountains of waters. But the male is called Behemoth which occupies with his breasts an immeasurable desert named Dendain.’

The Talmud, a compendium of the teachings of later Rabbis, states that the fins of Leviathan radiate such brilliant light as to obscure the rays of the sun. Though the plaything of Yahweh, in the last days of the world the sea serpent will repulse attacks from angels, till Behemoth kills it. According to Islamic tradition, Allah used Behemoth not as a destroyer of dragons but a firm foundation for the world, a mighty back overarching the water and the darkness below the earth. A vivid description of Leviathan occurs in the Book of Job. To underscore man's weakness and ignorance compared with divine greatness, Yahweh asked:‘Canst thou draw out Leviathan with an hook? … None is so fierce that dare stir him up: who then is able to stand before me? … He esteemeth iron as straw, and brass as rotten wood…. He maketh the deep to boil like a pot.’ It is not surprising that in medieval Christianity Leviathan, ‘king over all the children of pride’, was identified with hell, whose entrance iconography depicted as a gigantic maw.
source
The only graven image/idol Yahweh ever permits is that of a "fiery flying serpent", obviously his own personal image.

Here is a description of the Leviathan:
(Job 41:20)
"Out of his [Leviathan] nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.21 His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth."

And here is description of Yahweh, the ‘God’ of the Bible:
(Psalm 18:8, 2 Samuel 22:9)
"There went up a smoke out of his [Yahweh] nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it."

I don't know about you, but this sounds like a Fire Breathing Dragon to me. I got into this with a thread in here last year....
Were Humans Created by Reptilians?
The thread goes into detail of how every Culture in recorded history revered, and even worshipped Dragons as Gods. It is clear to me that the Draco, and their counterparts, the Reptilians, are in control of what Christians think of as Heaven, and are their Gods. Yes, God is an ET.
Next question.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

I don't think I have ever read what you do or do not believe. Do you believe in God, or at least some form of deity that existed prior to what we see.

Why yes, I do, as a matter of fact. I used to get these little visions. This went on for 30 years or so. I would suddenly find myself standing on a precipice, looking out at our little Universe. I could see the Sun poking up from a dark center, and the planets in orbit around it, all in perfect balance, and in perfect frequency, so that each had it's own tone. I must have seen this a few thousand times. Then, on day, as I was looking at it, a thought crossed my mind.....if I chose to, I could reach out my hand and destroy it all. But I thought....why? Why would I destroy such a thing of perfection, and beauty? The visions stopped after that. It was a test, you see.

To me, there must have been some vast, very intelligent, very powerful Force of Energy that somehow made all of this happen. I believe this Force is everywhere, and in everything there is. Everything is composed of five elements. Fire, Water, Earth, Air, and Spirit. The Force is Spirit. Nobody has a lock on Spirit Force, nobody can. This Force is defined to me as Father, and Mother, and they provide for me, and give me all that I have. They do not require worship, or sacrifice, and least of all, money. They live not in buildings and temples.

Do you agree with the message of love that Christ was teaching? Do you try to pattern your life to live in a loving manner like Jesus as portrayed in the bible?

Why yes, I do, as a matter of fact. Christ was many things, but he was not God. He did not start the Christian Corporate Organization that is the Church of today, in fact, were he here, he would protest it to no end. Of course, I believe Christ was an ET too, and if everyone followed his teachings, this world would be a much better place. Christ tried to educate an ignorant people, and somehow I know a little of how he must have felt. Christ even told everyone they was a God, but they refused to believe him then, just as they do now.
"Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?" (John 10:34)

Instead of seeing themselves as Gods and Goddesses, they want to make him God.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

The Blessed Mother I speak of is humble and always obedient ......

I just so dislike that view that women are second class citizens. Its seems uncivilized, and degrading.

It does to me also. Has a distinct Muslim/Christian flavor to it, doesn't it? The Divine Mother I speak of is not subservient to any man God, in fact, She gave birth to all of the Gods, and they all work for Her favor, and abide in Her Grace. She is the Queen of Heaven, and Her Throne is the highest of all.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

It does to me also. Has a distinct Muslim/Christian flavor to it, doesn't it? The Divine Mother I speak of is not subservient to any man God, in fact, She gave birth to all of the Gods, and they all work for Her favor, and abide in Her Grace. She is the Queen of Heaven, and Her Throne is the highest of all.

Sorry..but the Queen of Heaven.. also known as the Mother of Mercy.. Our Lady of Grace.. Our Lady of Sorrows..to mention a few .. is the Blessed Mother of Jesus, and mediatrix of all His graces.

As surely as you are reading this at this moment.. you will know and believe this truth someday in the future.. for those who don't believe it now.

In all of her apparitions to the children of this world.. she never ever once says she is queen of all gods..never once exalts herself above the Father ,Son, and Holy Spirit.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
First post, please forgive if I overstep in anyway....

I waded thru the first 8 pages of this, and got quite emotional on a few of the comments left. I joined ATS for the sheer honesty and wisdom I find here, and this post (for the most part) has not disappointed.

I am a confirmed Atheist, for more than 30 years, but I have Christian friends with whom I have spirited debates concerning the Bible, most ending with laughter and back-slapping.

Vogon, what strikes me is that you sought God at an early age, then many years later sought him again, only to find the answers unsatisfactory. This was my experience, also. However, my decision to the abandon Christianity was not based on the 5 simple questions you listed in your opening post (the part about lions and ferrets on an enclosed vessel at sea was a good point, tho
It concerned the death of my 4 year old cousin of cancer, and the way the clergy in our area, very rural, pounced like vultures on the family for new contributors to the contribution plate.

So I understand what where you are coming from, but to say they deserve the hell they created....bit harsh. They have their beliefs, I may mock and ridicule my Christian buds for fun, but they are decent people, with good values and morals, and they recognize that I am just as ethical and moral, I just do not subscribe to their political philosophy.

In closing, the majority of Christians preach love....I see nothing wrong with that part of the Theology.
Best of luck in your search for a higher meaning!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker65

Welcome my friend... Love giving people their first star

Do you mind if i ask what made you emotional in this thread?

I find it interesting that people can have such strong emotions yet deny God's existance...

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join