It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians....I'm SICK of them

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

In the end it is Jesus's judgement I am concerned with

And right there is your biggest problem, friend. You have already set someone named "Jesus," to "judge" you upon your physical death, I assume. Is that correct so far? Have you researched to your satisfaction that this Jesus man existed, or are you simply takings another's word for it? Are you certain, beyond any doubt whatsoever, that your book is totally correct, no errors or translation mistakes, no agenda of the group doing the writing?

If your answer to all of this is yes, then by all means believe what you want. Others may not see it that way, and I am one who does not. I have ran across a great deal of evidence that the entire story was made up, copied and changed from earlier texts and stories, and that the Gods of the Bible were all Extraterrestrial, not supernatural. I will leave you with some links, you wouldn't even take time to click on and read them, but you cannot say I didn't try to educate you.

TRUE AUTHORSHIP OF THE NEW TESTAMENT
reuchlina.tripod.com...

www.angelfire.com...

www.fargonasphere.com...

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Debunking the Arguments of Christian Fundamentalists and Evangelists

10 Christ-like Figures Who Pre-Date Jesus

Christ, Constantine, Sol Invictus: the Unconquerable Sun

JESUS' COMMANDS "The Top Forty"

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I'm sick of people being sick of other people based on the actions of a few. I'm also sick of people feeling the need to tell other people how sick they are of them. You're not sick of Christians, you're sick of specific bad christians, make the distinction please. We really don't need all this hate/fear mongering, we need people to accept that other people are different and that's ok.

Stuff like this and people wonder why the community around here is going downhill. More intelligent debate and less ignorant histrionics please.

Edit: whoops didn't mean to reply to Gabs, this post meant for the OP!
edit on 10-1-2012 by Gigatronix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigatronix

Just read the OP and you will realize this is directed at the bad christians. Read a bit further on an you will see that repeated.

"make the distinction please." read on , and you will see that distinction made.
edit on 10-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

A title is exactly that, a title.
No bible pun intended here but, you cant judge a book by looking at the cover.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

And right there is your biggest problem, friend. You have already set someone named "Jesus," to "judge" you upon your physical death, I assume. Is that correct so far? Have you researched to your satisfaction that this Jesus man existed, or are you simply takings another's word for it? Are you certain, beyond any doubt whatsoever, that your book is totally correct, no errors or translation mistakes, no agenda of the group doing the writing?

I have enough evidence of the real life miracles done in His name.. the live of His saints such as St Pio who bore the stigmata..and has personally interceded on my behalf for prayers on certain issues.

Also the the many apparitions of Holy people.. the ones approved by the church.. who all attest to the validity of Christs life.. and who ALL point to it being the truth.. and the source of our mercy.

I will look into other ancient books written that prove the validity of Christ... but the fact that the Holy Spirit is alive and still working through those who understand the loving power of Christs mission is pretty much proof enough for me.

I feel saddened that it is not enough proof for you.. but that could change someday.

If your answer to all of this is yes, then by all means believe what you want. Others may not see it that way, and I am one who does not. I have ran across a great deal of evidence that the entire story was made up, copied and changed from earlier texts and stories, and that the Gods of the Bible were all Extraterrestrial, not supernatural. I will leave you with some links, you wouldn't even take time to click on and read them, but you cannot say I didn't try to educate you.

I have read some of your links a few years ago... so I know what they are about.

I believe you are sincere in trying to teach me the truth..but I urge you to have faith in the one who created both you and me.. to lead me to where divine truth lays.

He has sent the Holy mother of Jesus many times to the earth.. to try and teach us..as well as produced very Holy souls among mankind ..infused with wisdom and understanding of the Holy Spirit to guide us along.

I wish you nothing but the Holy Trinity's love autowrench.. and ask that you place my instruction and learning in the hands of my creator..

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

I call BS. Change the name of the thread to "Some Christians, I am SICK of them" Otherwise it just comes across as a lame attempt at easy stars by capitalizing on the anti religion current you find all over this message board. If he wants to make a distinction, then he should have clearly said this is not directed at all Christians(even though the thread title pretty much says it is) And all this is beside the point, seeing how the moral remains the same: Gushing out negative energy doesn't do anything, except get you easy stars

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigatronix
reply to post by vogon42

I call BS. Change the name of the thread to "Some Christians, I am SICK of them" Otherwise it just comes across as a lame attempt at easy stars by capitalizing on the anti religion current you find all over this message board. If he wants to make a distinction, then he should have clearly said this is not directed at all Christians(even though the thread title pretty much says it is) And all this is beside the point, seeing how the moral remains the same: Gushing out negative energy doesn't do anything, except get you easy stars

well said...

stars and flags will not pave the way to heaven...
edit on 10-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Its called freedom of speech.
(its a right we have here in the US)

Just like the christians that protest at funerals.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Its called freedom of speech.
(its a right we have here in the US)

Just like the christians that protest at funerals.

yes..its free speech when you want to spew hatred and judgement.. but if others do it.. oh my..they are bad .

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Repeat after me...

I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father but by me.

The goal of a master is for the disciples to become as the master, and then do things greater, for the flesh perishes, but the spirit is eternal.

With Love,

Your Brother
Are you actually quoting John 14:6 about yourself ?

I do hope that I have mis-understood your reply.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I will leave you with some links, you wouldn't even take time to click on and read them, but you cannot say I didn't try to educate you.

Every ONE of those is awesome, auto!

Thank you (in this thread, and also referring to other threads in which you have posted sources and information).
I looked at every one of these....still have to get to the ones you recommended in my other thread...
blessings, friend!
--wt
edit on 10-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

after spending about two weeks trying to make sense of the christian religion.
A whole 2 weeks huh, must have a pretty high opinion of yourself if you think you can figure out in 2 weeks what most people spend a lifetime trying to understand. Noob move.

How many animals were on the ark?
Why can jesus be reincarnated, .....why not grandpa?
My kitty just got hit by a car. I ask my mother if my kitty will go to heaven, and the answer is NO.
Why is it my kitty can not go to heaven?
Why am I called a sinner, when I did nothing wrong?

Why do you pay this guy to tell you your are going to hell?
Dumb questions that don't even address the fundamental nature of faith or spirituality. These are childrens questions.

My original experience with YOUR religion

I ask a LOGICAL question any YOU Christians act like I just committed some sin. \

If yours is the true religion, I would rather burn in hell, than have to put up with such ignorant, egotistical nonsense.

I'm glad hell only exist for your type......because you deserve it.

I'm glad you emphasized the YOUR and YOU in these statements, makes it easier to point out that there is no distinction being made about what Christians you are referring to. Maybe you start flip flopping later in the thread, but at this point I've already dismissed your rant as pointlessly inflammatory, and have no desire to read anymore. I will however take the time out to call you out on your BS though.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Exactly, its freedom of speech.

Even if people cant see beyond the title to actually read the posts, and even if people have "star envy".

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Well, at least you were capable of reading the first post.....there are others however.

BTW: do you think, perhaps there is a reason I posted this in the RANT section, rather than religion?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Honestly I can;t think of one logical reason to type a rant about religion other than you want to know if other people feel the way you do. And one way to gauge that is counting how many stars your OP gets. I really don't put much credence in the star system since I am unable to give you a negative star. Guess you'll have to find a new reason as to why I"m blowing holes in your rant, because "star envy" aint it. And again, I have no interest in watching you waffle later in the thread over what Christians you were referring to. If you don;t want this kind of misunderstanding, perhaps you should take greater care in the wording of your OP.

Oh and way to reinforce my point by saying" just like Christians that protest at funerals" Because that's what all Christians do right? "Some" Christians man, get it through your skull.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Exactly, its freedom of speech.

Even if people cant see beyond the title to actually read the posts, and even if people have "star envy".

How sad that you project your own feelings onto others.(no star envy here)

Am I not allowed freedom of speech on how I view some issues and responses on here.. without being called a judgmental Christian?

Or is that freedom of speech and judgement reserved entirely for those you only wish to give it to?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Dumb questions that don't even address the fundamental nature of faith or spirituality. These are childrens questions.

You prove my point about not being able to read the post very well here. If you go back and look at the post again, you will see the line before these questions is.

"Asking the following questions that perplexed me as a child. "
Do you see how a child can be perplexed, and ask questions? Or do you tell the child "these are childrens questions" and simply dismiss the child?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Oh, no, you have freedom of speech here in the us.
Others have it also.

(and no, the star envy was not directed at you)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Oh and way to reinforce my point by saying" just like Christians that protest at funerals" Because that's what all Christians do right? "Some" Christians man, get it through your skull.

Did I say ALL christians? No, you just read ALL into it (go back and read it again).

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Something tells me(oh wait your subsequent posts tell me) that you are still concerned with these questions. After 25 years (and a whole 2 weeks of "Study"), you couldn't come up with some more "adult" questions? You sound like you are still upset that somebody smacked your hand with a ruler, and that's fine, but man up and admit that at best, you worded your OP poorly, and at worst you just hate Christians in general. Either way, let's be honest with ourselves here.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

I didn't say you meant all christians, my point was after I have repeatedly pointed out your poor choice of wording, you still do it. I'll say it one more time: Make the distinction every single time, do not assume that people will know what you mean.If you keep doing it, it becomes less likely that it's just a goof, and more likely that you are saying what you mean. It's really that simple.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join