It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians....I'm SICK of them

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I'm afraid you are in for a bit of a wake up call someday IAMIAM

It is apparant through your posts that you idolize yourself...

You tell others to judge not.. yet you feel righteous and Christ like enough to judge..

We do Not idolize Christ..we worship Him..because He is the Son of the one True God that came to save mankind.

You will be humbled in His presence someday..as all will.

As Christians..we fall.. it is through His grace ..if we are sorry.. that we are made worthy before God.

Quit seeking glory in your acts.. because I am sure if we got to take a look at your life through the microscope of the Holy Spirit you would be failing..as we all do..

The first thing a person walking in the ways of Christ would do..would be to take care of his family..as in children..

I hope you can tell us that you do that IAMIAM..otherwise all your cheap egostical talk of being a light to the world is cheap talk..from a charlatan...who loves his ego more than his children.

edit on 8-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by vogon42

Some Christians...can be difficult and frustrating...that is true. However...why not just agree to disagree with them...and go about your business. It really is not healthy to hold on to anger and wish people harm...what good does that do for you?

Yeah, I have to agree with you, it can be frustrating, and insulting to try to educate them. Even if you use their own book, they call you satanic. Do it my way, or the highway. My Heaven, or your Hell. I'm always right, you are always wrong. Why do we bother? Is it simply something to do that is fun to do, or is it like a mission for you to tell them?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Why do we bother? Is it simply something to do that is fun to do, or is it like a mission for you to tell them?

Because Christians insist on being a power force in politics.

That's why - - we care or bother.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by vogon42

Some Christians...can be difficult and frustrating...that is true. However...why not just agree to disagree with them...and go about your business. It really is not healthy to hold on to anger and wish people harm...what good does that do for you?

Yeah, I have to agree with you, it can be frustrating, and insulting to try to educate them. Even if you use their own book, they call you satanic. Do it my way, or the highway. My Heaven, or your Hell. I'm always right, you are always wrong. Why do we bother? Is it simply something to do that is fun to do, or is it like a mission for you to tell them?

auto wrench..you have made it your mission to try and educate Christians..and change them..

Also I have seen you try and use the bible to educate Christians.. you couldn't argue yourself out of a wet paper bag with your arguments.

You consistently get scripture wrong.. (such as trying to tell us scripture said Paul was the one who said all should be circumcised)...and I mean way way off.. and then you wonder why Christians don't want to be taught by you?

Can you not read in the new testament that Jesus says anyone who is not for Him is against Him?

As jesus said to His apostles.. go and preach the word.. if any one does not listen.. wipe the dust off your feet sandals.. keep going and don't look back.

So..I promise I will NEVER again preach Jesus to you... but don't you EVER try and throw your totally nonsense interpretations of the bible at me.. or any other Christian.. because I WILL defend God's word against lies.

We don't need your bogus education.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
I'm afraid you are in for a bit of a wake up call someday IAMIAM

It is apparant through your posts that you idolize yourself...

I do not idolize myself. I do the will of the father within me, and Christ bears witness to my testimony.

I do nothing.

You tell others to judge not.. yet you feel righteous and Christ like enough to judge..

I judge no one. I do warn of approaching danger though.

We do Not idolize Christ..we worship Him..because He is the Son of the one True God that came to save mankind.

If you loved him you would do as he commanded. Love the least of these MY Brothers.

You will be humbled in His presence someday..as all will.

Look down at your knees. Are they not BENT?

I do not mind bending on knee to you, and it is the only way you can come before me. On the level.

As Christians..we fall.. it is through His grace ..if we are sorry.. that we are made worthy before God.

If you were not worthy, why would God even have created you? You judge HIS work.

Quit seeking glory in your acts.. because I am sure if we got to take a look at your life through the microscope of the Holy Spirit you would be failing..as we all do..

The glory belongs to God. I do not move a muscle nor have a thought without his command.

The first thing a person walking in the ways of Christ would do..would be to take care of his family..as in children..

I AM

I hope you can tell us that you do that IAMIAM..otherwise all your cheap egostical talk of being a light to the world is cheap talk..from a charlatan...who loves his ego more than his children.

I am nothing but the word.

The servant.

I do nothing.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
To IAMIAM

So do you believe now there are indeed good and evil actions and there is accountability for such with the choices we make?

I would hope so brother, for the alternative is the Luciferian doctrine.
edit on 9-1-2012 by benedict9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 1king2rulethemall

I read the page that opened when clicking on the link that you provided. I read all 10 pages on that website. Whilst eventually they do declare that the orthodox church dismissed the theology of Origen, the final page then openly supports his belief system. I clicked on the books that are advertised amongst the webpage that you provided. It promotes the false doctrine of re-incarnation.

So again you haven't read anything on that site...

Reincarnation is ONLY false doctrine to christians... and not even all of them.

The heading and original grievance by the OP is directly aimed at the Christian faith. No other religion is mentioned by the OP. I am merely stating that the majority of people who criticise the Christian faith and the GOD of the Christian Bible do so under a cloud of ignorance.

I do not fully agree with the OP...

Or the "Christian" faith for that matter...

You are correct........ I haven't been here long - but it doesn't take long to come under biased, prejudice antagonism once you confess your Christian faith. That I have discovered already (in my short time here)
Again, I have read that entire site. Did you see something there that I have completely missed ? ( I am known to miss quite a few things)

Yes theres much you missed, and you're making yourself out to be a liar now as well... There is litterally hundreds of documents on that site... you did not read all of them... I highly doubt you even scratched the surface...

Its not the people that claim to be Christian that come under scrutiny here, its the ones that condem others that don't agree with them...

Ahhh........ That would be like doing a book review by watching the DVD.
I was just offering you some information that I thought you might be interested in. Sorry if I offended you in anyway. You implied that you had done much research ( I am assuming on Christianity - because that is what this thread is about). I was offering some more information on related issues that affect us all. That's all. if you aren't interested that's fine.

You didn't offend me... And i know your faith... i was wondering if you knew it as well...

I am not sure what you meant here. I really don't. Just for the record - I am free to read other texts as well. I have complete freedom in Jesus Christ. Some examples............. I have looked at the vampires bible, the vampires spell book, the abremelin, the book of wamphyri and shadows, the greater (and lesser) key of solomon, jack parsons writings, the necronomicon, the necronomicon spell book, the satanic bible, the book of giants, the book of enoch, the apocrypha, the book of jubilees, the book of jasher - just to name a few. I wander through texts "outside of the Bible and my religion." With all due respect - I don't find the relevance of your statement ?

Im trying to say theres spiritual knowledge outside of the bible...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
On the subject of reincarnation.

I have been shown 2 past lives thus far. One was validated by photos of another era researched-- photos that showed the same navy uniform and lifejacket I was wearing during the experience. Make of such what you will.

I should add---I didn't ask for these experiences.

I don't take part in regular meditation (hardly more than a few deep breaths before prayer at night).

I don't partake in 'divinations', prone to increasingly giving permissions of allowance for 'infecting' the consciousness with spiritual adversary traps of the astral realms.

I can only say there is more reason to suppress such knowledge of reincarnation than to allow it, for purpose of promoting concepts of eternal hell/damnation with 'only one chance' to get things right instilling fear-- rather than embracing the Good News in Christ's True Foundations of Love and Forgiveness and Compassion for our Positive Evolution Path (depending on our choices in Alignment or not). It is the same groups that aim to withhold such Fruit that promote a 'wrathful God'--when what occurs here is Allowance in reaping what we have sown (cause and effect) collectively as co-creators.

Without the Holy Spirit intervening as often as it does already, we would be in a huge huge mess for our follies in sin and via those entities in operation here that influence negatively on hyper dimensional levels.

My path has shown that no Loving Father of mine condemns His Child to burning in eternal hellfire and suffering for errors in a world where all have sinned. I am not even on His 'evolved' level and even my own compassion levels in the flesh could never allow such sadistic torment not Granted opportunity for amends.

In expressing such, I realise there indeed are other 'dimensional' states of being that are very far from pleasant, however it is worth noting also that for many already in this world, this earth is a form of hell, no doubt (for all the atrocities already partaken by Mankind in sin).

In addition, the Bible is NOT 100% undistorted unedited uncorrupted Truth. Anybody who claims such has been thoroughly brainwashed most likely by organised religion. I must be very blunt on this because many are snared by false constructs that often falsely serve to harm, cause division and Separate from the Divine Will of Progression in the Father's Love/Truth.

One must willfully call on the Holy Spirit to help discern all available Fruit in the pursuit of Truth in Love and Yearning in the Foundations, for there is much Divine Holy influence within the Bible as with other religious texts also. We are surely here to seek and experience Truth by Design. The 'testing ground' here was never that we were to be given ALL the answers outright.

Class is now in session. Mistakes will be made. Love regardless in Good Spirit and let's throw in some humour occasionally too.

I have yet to come across scripture that specifically mentions reincarnation as a falsity or heresy against the Word. If anyone can find please include.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by benedict9

Thank you for your thoughts my friend... they made me smile

Very well said

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Your welcome, I only aim to share however in understanding we are all responsible for finding our own Way in Truth.

All else aside, this is the best advice I could give...Our Father Knows our Love for Him---and there is Reward in Blessings for such 'adherance' to the Divine. He can Lead one's eyes and ears to all the Good places in seeking and discernment if that is His Will.

Blessings regardless on what we may all agree or disagree upon.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by benedict9
My path has shown that no Loving Father of mine condemns His Child to burning in eternal hellfire and suffering for errors in a world where all have sinned. I am not even on His 'evolved' level and even my own compassion levels in the flesh could never allow such sadistic torment not Granted opportunity for amends.

Something that is important to understand here, is that a person's belief system, by necessity, will reflect their own level of spiritual development.

In other words, if someone is screaming at you that you are going to Hell, you don't need to (and should not) take said condemnation seriously. Just realise that the person doing it, still has some things to learn about what the phrase, "unconditional love," means. I've had a lot of Christians accuse me of association with Satan, and tell me I'm going to Hell, over the last two decades.

At this point it really doesn't bother me; and a big part of the reason why is because I actually took some time to pray to their God, and inform Him that if He wanted to send me to Hell, that that was completely fine with me; and I wouldn't resent Him in the slightest for doing so, either. Since I did that, the whole concept of Hell hasn't given me any problems; and Christians can throw that at me as much as they want. It no longer has any effect on me.

Some Christians will respond to that by saying that they know that Hell exists because they've had out of body experiences, where they've actually had direct, first person experiences of a Hell construct. To which I will answer, sure; Hell constructs do exist in astral space, and there are a very large number of them, in fact.

Said constructs existing, however, doesn't have anything to do with who it is that causes you to end up in one of them. Christians usually have an extremely distorted perception of how a person going to Hell, actually happens.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

If you have willingly placed yourself in Surrender to our Father' s Will for Him to Guide you Accordingly, then that is a HUGE step in Faith and Trust. Many feel that 'surrender' is disempowering to their being, however it is the most empowering prayer that can be offered in sacrifice of our own temporal flesh desires.

I too have been condemned by Christians who seemed far from the Spirit of unconditional Love at times. In their defense however it surely isn't easy to walk the Narrow road--and without the Holy Spirit in dwelling at all times, it's just not possible. We all fall short at times being under adversary influence in this current dimensional paradigm.

Our destiny is not only to come to know and rise above our human side, but, by following His example of dying to self, to come to know and activate, or bring to life our 'higher' spiritual side, which Christ showed was in every man, woman and child, made in the Image.

I was inspired to write a prayer on such and would like to share it here. I am a non-denominational Christian and realised that those who come to the Father will be Led to the Son and vice versa, for One Dwelled in the Other.

A Prayer for the Uncertain or Lukewarm in Faith
In order for this prayer to be effective, there should be pure intent from the heart in aspiring for sincere connection. It is not to be taken lightly, as the wordings are very powerful (with noble intention) in it's aim of more than just outreach, but the purification of the entire human spirit in service. Those who Bless others, will be Blessed in turn.

Father in Heaven
I offer this prayer in Faith, reaching out humbly as a Child
I call out now with sincere intent to Know you
To develop in Trust, a personal relationship with you
I ask that I receive the Graces of your Holy Spirit in Surrender
That you may Guide me according to Your Divine Plan in Love, Truth and Wisdom
And with Loving guidance, Lead not only my own spirit,
but Shepard All Mankind, onto the Blessed path of Deliverance,
according to Your Will
That we may All dwell with your Holy Spirit to Know and reject every evil and corruption of this world,
Aligning in Holy Union with the Divine, becoming instruments of Your Will for the greatest Good,
Purified to enter Renewed, Your Kingdom of Heavenly Glory,
through the Spirit of Yehushua the Christ
Amen

*Be Love in the Spirit of Christ and possess your Shield in Grace to confront any spiritual adversary and adversity challenge, for these are times of great testing. Peace and Mercy on all our souls.

THE EIGHT BEATITUDES OF YEHUSHUA the CHRIST

"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who mourn,
for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,
for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful,
for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure of heart,
for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they shall be called children of God.

Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

Gospel of St. Matthew 5:3-10

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

....... you couldn't argue yourself out of a wet paper bag with your arguments.......

Is this some bible verse or something?
Literally if you find your self in a paper bag, I fail to see how shouting at it will prove anything.

Can you not read in the new testament that Jesus says anyone who is not for Him is against Him?

now THIS statement proves my view of christianity...
If you dont agree with me you are wrong, and will burn in hell.
Does anyone see the issue in that logic? Why does this persons jesus teach people to hate?

As jesus said to His apostles.. go and preach the word.. if any one does not listen.. wipe the dust off your feet sandals.. keep going and don't look back

"feet sandals" ? jesus really said that
Did they have hand sandals, or head sandals back then?

Or is this another bible verse that means something totally different that what it says?
edit on 9-1-2012 by vogon42 because: typo

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Okay, for what it's worth, this is what I'm seeing happening with this "rant" by vogon42.

He has stated that his reason for perusing this forum was to try to find a way to reconnect with his mother, who is a staunch Methodist and her "faith" has caused a rift between them.

He has received some very thoughtful and sincere suggestions, but he has also received ridicule, insults, hatred, and slander from Christians who seem to be perhaps very much like her, the person with whom he hopes to reconnect.

I heard his message as "can someone help me understand why some Christians are so unapproachable and unkind that they drive people away from them....people who WANT to love them, understand them, and be accepted unconditionally by the person who gave birth to them...and help me find a way to do so?"

Anyone who cannot see that plea for understanding, but only sees in it hatred and mockery and bashing, has COMPLETELY missed his message entirely, and only compounded the very problem he brought to the forum for help. Clearly he has some anger, and from what I've seen, rightfully so.

While some have offered kind, insightful, and compassionate words, others have only reinforced his understanding that zealous, angry preaching and/or condescending insults and attitudes of superioroty do nothing to build loving relationships.

Just saying.....this is what I've gathered through the religion forums and this thread in particular.

Love and regards to you, vogon42, unconditional love, and I hope and pray with all my heart that you find the peace you are looking for, and that you so richly deserve.

--wildtimes
edit on 9-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42
reply to post by IAMIAM

Oh dude.........
Thanks for your understanding.

do you know you nearly made me cry......

I understand there are people like you out there..., but why are so many christians so hateful?

(thank you for your kindness)

Even though I think I AM's language can be confusing to most and me at times. What he says is truth.
The truth is you seek the truth because you live in love. Your desire is to do the things that are loving and when you see people who say they believe in the most loving person that ever walked the earth, Christ, then you become confused.

I tell you that they are more confused than you are. You have rejected them because they do not appear to be saying the things that are loving. The problem is they read the whole bible out of context.

Let me explain the context of the New Testament. The New Testament was written for everyone who is seeking answers. It was never intended to be the sole property of a people who called themselves Christians. However these people who cause division read it through the lens that they are the chosen people.

The chosen people are everyone who lives with the value of love, there is no religion. Anything that causes division is from the evil one. What the bible says is that all who live in love, and seek the truth prove that Christ lives in them. Do you see? Christ lives in you. You don't have to convert to anything. All you have to do is repent for any wrong you have done, follow the feelings of love and let go of the desires of the flesh.

The reason why the bible is the truth is because it is the only book that reconciles all people into one body. My personal opinion is modern Buddhism incorporated much of Christ’s teaching. People say it is the other way around but the truth is the earliest Buddhist manuscripts available come after Christ. You see Buddhist also believe that we are all part of one body. Buddhism still requires people to do a lot of things that have no spiritual or social value where the New Testament has no such requirements.

So you see the bible is the one path, it teaches unconditional love, for all of mankind whether they are your fried or enemy. Not only does it teach this if you can have faith in the message both Christ in you and the Holy Spirit will guide you to the narrow path that leads you to your father.

If you can believe that everyone that lives a loving life proves they have Christ in them, and you can believe that those who do not live loving lives prove they are not in Christ, then you have believed everything you really need to believe. If you believe this it is time to read at least the New Testament and let the Holy Spirit teach you the word of God, and how it pertains to you. Only God can tell you what your path is.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Love and regards to you, vogon42, unconditional love, and I hope and pray with all my heart that you find the peace you are looking for, and that you so richly deserve.

I find it odd that the people who are preaching unconditional love.. are the ones who seem to bash me at every turn they have.. oh well.. Hypocrites in all beliefs.

Also in his original Op vogon made no mention of his mother.. just that he thought he'd give God another try.
It was filled with bitterness towards christians..and if you call that unconditional that EVERYONE so richly deserves you better wake up and smell the coffee.

I find it rather odd that these non Christians are willing to give the Christian God another chance.. ??Then they keep their eyes focused on people ??.. hunh??

I have never done anything to vogon.. but the first experience I had of him..was him reaming me out on the Lisa Irwin thread.. because I had compassion for Debbie..and he has been hitting at me every chance he gets since that time.

Blaming Jesus and God for the wickedness of humanity .. is like calling your girlfriend evil because she left you ..after you wouldn't quit looking at porn 24/7 and flirted incessantly with other women online.

God loves us all.. and loves us despite our sin.. but sin disgusts Him and He will not allow sin in his kingdom.. He does have conditions.

So.. I suggest wildtimes.. if you really believe in this unconditional love you speak of so often..you try practicing on people who DON'T stroke your ego, and quit making up stories about them.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

So you see the bible is the one path, it teaches unconditional love, for all of mankind whether they are your fried or enemy. Not only does it teach this if you can have faith in the message both Christ in you and the Holy Spirit will guide you to the narrow path that leads you to your father.

There is that unconditional love again..

If IAMIAM thinks it is ok to have sex with children (because you are not hurting them)..which he has implied in other posts.. as well as to have sex with prostitutes.. which he has said in other posts....and going so far as to say that Jesus could have had sex with Mary Magdalene and other women.. He has absolutely no concept of what the bible is really about..

Many are being lead astray ..by this new age unconditional love religious hookey...wrapped up in some sort of false Christianity.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

I see ..while you expect unconditional love.. you are more than happy to give out your smart answers.. make others feel ridiculed.. and who knows what else you do ..that we don't know about.. or most of us anyhow.

I find it amazing that the people who slam others for not treating them well.. can be the same ones who will hack into computers..cause havoc in peoples lives.. for shyts and giggles..and just plain revenge..just because someone didn't agree with what they said.

But.. ohh.. yes..they want unconditional love..yet are so unwilling to give it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Many are being lead astray ..by this new age unconditional love religious hookey...wrapped up in some sort of false Christianity

It ain't Christianity my friend...

IF it were Christians would know their Christ.... sadly most do not

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
Okay, for what it's worth, this is what I'm seeing happening with this "rant" by vogon42.

I heard his message as "can someone help me understand why some Christians are so unapproachable and unkind that they drive people away from them....people who WANT to love them, understand them, and be accepted unconditionally by the person who gave birth to them...and help me find a way to do so?"

Anyone who cannot see that plea for understanding, but only sees in it hatred and mockery and bashing, has COMPLETELY missed his message entirely, and only compounded the very problem he brought to the forum for help. Clearly he has some anger, and from what I've seen, rightfully so.

--wildtimes
edit on 9-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

I don't believe that everyone that says these things are bad people, they have simply accepted a very bad interpretation of the bible. The interpretation that they have accepted is destroying the validity of the bible and Christ. Of course so many people don't believe.

The issue that I have with the people who cause such division is even when they are confronted with the truth. The message of the bible that myself and several others try to share with them they reject it because they have decided to believe in some mystical church power that simply does not exist. If there is any mystical church power that guides this message it comes from Satan.

Satan desperately wants us to keep judging and separating ourselves. He loves 40,000 denominations that all claim they are the chosen ones who have the right message. He has destroyed Christ with Christianity.
A call to all those that call themselves Christians, forget everything the church has taught you are reread the New Testament.

It must be read through the following lenses.
It was written for everyone seeking answers
If your interpretation causes division you are wrong.
If your interpretation leads to a feeling of righteousness because you accepted Christ you are wrong.
If your interpretation leads you to judge someone you are wrong.

Now that I have told you the wrong way, let me share with you the right way.
Every verse must be read for the most loving, accepting interpretation
It must be read in a way that brings all who love together.
You must understand that it plainly says that all that seek and live in love prove they have Christ in them. There is no conversion you were chosen from birth and so was everyone else who follows love.

The only thing the bible teaches about separation, is to separate yourselves from people who are inherently bad. People who are in the continual practice of sin who are not seeking forgiveness. I do believe that there are people who have allowed the lust of the flesh and greed to consume them completely. I don’t know if they were born this way, or became this way but we are told to separate ourselves from them.

Anyone who seeks love is your brother. Christ is the source of all love; this is how you can tell who is part of the body of Christ. It is all that seek love that make up one church, Christ is our head and you and me are the body. He lives in us we are the temple, no need to build one. In the Old Testament he lived in the inner most sanctuary of the temple, he stills does and actually always has. He simply waited tell he became flesh to tell share with us this secret.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join