It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians....I'm SICK of them

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Fail link!
try this...
reluctant-messenger.com...
reply to post by Akragon

I am not sure if you are supporting the information found on this site or denouncing it.

Please do some thorough research on Origen, and what the Alexandrians did to Christianity.

Everything found on that website is totally contradictory to what the Christian bible teaches.
Nowhere in scripture does it support the principle of re-incarnation.

The Christian Bible clearly and definitively teaches that there is only ONE life, ONE death, and then judgement.

Jesus says of HIMself that He is the ONE way, the ONE truth and the ONE life. No-one knows the Father but by Him (Jesus). Nowhere does it state that we continue to come back to "retry" our life and get it better.

Jesus HIMself lived, died and was resurrected. There is historical evidence and eyewitness accounts of this fact.

LIFE.DEATH.RESURRECTION. NO RE-INCARNATION!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 1king2rulethemall

Ah but there is one problem...

I am not christian...

So i am free to wander scripture outside of the bible and your religion at my own discretion...

do my research eh... did you read anything on that site?

edit on 8-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by petrus4

I may not quite understand, are you telling me that if I am a happy and good person, I will be welcome into heaven by the christian standard?
This seems to go against every "holy" book in almost every faith.

It goes against every mainstream holy book in existence, yes. If you want worthwhile stuff, you have to do research.

From here:-

8. For who are the Israel of God ? Even they of every nation and tribe who work righteousness, love mercy and keep my commandments, these are the true Israel of God. And standing upon his feet, Jesus spake, saying:
9. Hear O Israel, JOVA, thy God is One; many are My seers, and My prophets. In Me all live and move, and have subsistence.

10. Ye shall not take away the life of any creature for your pleasure, nor for your profit. nor yet torment it.
11. Ye shall not steal the goods of any, nor gather lands and riches to yourselves, beyond your need or use.
12. Ye shall not eat the flesh, nor drink the blood of any slaughtered creature, nor yet any thing which bringeth disorder to your health or senses.
13. Ye shall not make impure marriages, where love and health are not, nor yet corrupt yourselves, or any creature made pure by the Holy.
14. Ye shall not bear false witness against any, nor wilfully deceive any by a lie to hurt them.
15. Ye shall not do unto others, as ye would not that others should do unto you.

16. Ye shall worship One Eternal, the Father-Mother in Heaven, of Whom are all things, and reverence the holy Name.
17. Ye shall revere your fathers and your mothers on earth, whose care is for you, and all the Teachers of Righteousness.
18. Ye shall cherish and protect the weak, and those who are oppressed, and all creatures that suffer wrong.
19. Ye shall work with your hands the things that are good and seemly; so shalt ye eat the fruits Of the earth, and live long in the land.
20. Ye shall purify yourselves daily and rest the Seventh Day from labour, keeping holy the Sabbaths and the Festival of your God.
21. Ye shall do unto others as ye would that others should do unto you.

-- The Gospel of the Holy Twelve

These are the true words of the Christ, Yeshua ben Joseph, and may be judged so not only by their fruit, but by their consistency with his words and philosophy in the works that most *do* know, in the Bible that the Church allowed through. Most "Christians," will tell you that these words are false, but that is only because they themselves like to set rods in men's backs, and shut the doors of heaven in their faces, as Jesus himself warned.

The Holy Qu'ran, dictated to the Prophet by the archangel Gabriel, says likewise:-

Qur'an 35:24
Verily We have sent thee (Muhammad) in truth as a bearer of glad tidings and as a warner:
And there never was a people without a warner having lived among them (in the past).

Qur'an 16:36
For We assuredly sent amongst every People an apostle (with the Command) "Serve Allah and eshew Evil":
Of the people were some whom Allah guided and some on whom Error became inevitably (established).
So travel through the earth and see what was the end of those who denied (the Truth).

Lord Krishna says:-

Whenever spirituality decays and materialism is rampant, then, O Arjuna, I reincarnate Myself!

To protect the righteous, to destroy the wicked and to establish the kingdom of God, I am reborn from age to age.

He who realises the divine truth concerning My birth and life is not born again; and when he leaves his body, he becomes one with Me.

Many have merged their existence in Mine, being freed from desire, fear and anger, filled always with Me and purified by the illuminating flame of self-abnegation.

Howsoever men try to worship Me, so do I welcome them. By whatever path they travel, it leads to me at last.

-- Bhagavad Gita, 4-7:11

The Prophet Mohammed said that God is One, but many Muslims have interpreted that as license to murder those of other faiths, not understanding what he meant. There is but a single God, mentioned in all faiths; and if you look closely, you will find that the definition of virtue is really the same in each.

The message within all is one of Divine love; but most have twisted it into one of hate, and still claim to do so in the name of said God, nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Some simple questions for you. Do you believe that you should live a loving, generous life? The kind of life where you try to make others feel more important than you? Do you also believe that to love the world is the best way to think? Even if it means you should love and reconcile with your enemies? If you answered yes to all these questions then you “believeth in him", for these are his words.

We are to overcome the world by cleaving to Him AND His Virtues being Granted the Graces of the Holy Spirit to do so.

edit on 8-1-2012 by benedict9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by petrus4

I may not quite understand, are you telling me that if I am a happy and good person, I will be welcome into heaven by the christian standard?
This seems to go against every "holy" book in almost every faith.
The general thought in these books is, "if you're not with us you're against us."
Accept our version or die eternally.
But if I can just be a happy and good person and that will do, why try to convert?

G14, this is also from my own Ishta Deva, Kali Ma, as spoken through Sister Nevadita.

The Voice of the Mother.

ARISE, My child, and go forth a man! Bear manfully what is thy lot to bear; that which comes to thy hand to be done, do with full strength and fear not. Forget not that I, the giver of manhood, the giver of womanhood, the holder of victory, am thy Mother.

Think not life is serious! What is destiny but thy Mother's play? Come, be My playfellow awhile,--meet all happenings merrily.

Murmurest thou of need of purpose? Think’st thou the ball is purposeless, with which the Mother plays? Know’st thou not that Her toy is a thunderbolt, charged with power to shatter the worlds, at the turn of Her wrist? Ask not of plans. Needs the arrow any plan when it is loosed from the bow? Such art thou. When the life is lived, the plan will stand revealed. Till then, O child of time, know nothing!

My sport is unerring. For that alone set forth on the day's journey. Think it was for My pleasure thou camest forth into the world, and for that again, when night falls, and My desire is accomplished, I shall withdraw thee to My rest. Ask nothing. See nothing. Plan nothing. Let My will flow through thee, as the ocean through an empty shell.

But this thing understand. Not one movement shall be in vain. Not one effort shall fail at last. The dream shall be less, not greater, than the deed. Thou shalt go here or there for some petty reason, and thy going shall subserve great ends. Thou shalt meet and speak with many, but some few shall be Mine from the beginning. With these thou shall exchange a secret sign, and they shall follow with thee.

And that sign?

Deep in the heart of hearts of Mine own flashes the sacrificial knife of Kali. Worshippers of the Mother are they from their birth in Her incarnation of the sword. Lovers of death are they,--not lovers of life--and of storm and stress.

Such shall come to thee with torch unlit, for fire. My voice cries out over the teeming earth for lives, for the lives and blood of the crowned kings of men. Remember that I Who cry have shown also the way to answer. For of every kind has the mother been the first, for protection of her flock, to leap to death.

Religion, called by whatever name; has been ever the love of death. But to-day the flame of renunciation shall be lighted in My lands and consume men with a passion beyond control of thought. Then shall My people thirst for self-sacrifice as others for enjoyment. Then shall labour and suffering and service be counted sweet instead of bitter. For this age is great in time, and I, even I, Kali, am the Mother of the nations.

Shrink not from defeat, embrace despair. Pain is not different from pleasure, if I will both. Rejoice therefore, when thou comest to the place of tears, and see Me smile. At such spots do I keep My tryst with men, and fold them deep into My heart.

Uproot every interest that would conflict with Mine. Neither love, nor friendship, nor comfort, nor home, may make its voice heard when I speak. Pass from a palace to plunge into the ocean of terror,--from the chamber of ease to stand guard in a burning city. Know that as the one is unreal, so also is the other. Meet fate with a smile.

Look for no mercy for thyself, and I shall make thee bearer of great vessels of mercy to others. Accept bravely thine own darkness and thy lamp shall cheer many. Fulfil gladly the meanest service, and leave high places unsought.

Be steadfast in the toil I set thee. Weave well the warp into the woof. Shrink from no demand that the task makes on thee. Feel no responsibility. Ask for no reward.

Strong, fearless, resolute,--when the sun sets, and the game is done, thou shalt know well, little one, that I, Kali, the giver of manhood, the giver of womanhood, and the withholder of victory, am thy Mother.

My last quote, is from someone else who I consider a fellow devotee of Kali Ma.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! I just *do* things.

I'm an agent of Chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair."

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I am just pointing out to all who read this thread that the link you provided goes against the teachings contained in the Christian Bible. I am not categorizing you in anyway. Just sticking to the facts friend. No good having a discussion based on misinformation and heresies.
I thought it particularly relevent to make known the apostacy, considering this thread is originally attacking the Christian existence.

I find it ironic that the majority of people that ridicule/abuse/attack the Christian faith don't actually know anything about it at all. Virtually none of those know what the scriptures say about the character of the GOD of the Christian bible. Yet all are willing to condemn. (that's what I have learned from many threads on ATS anyways.)

I would like everybody who is discontented with Christians to please JUDGE CHRISTIANITY BY JESUS CHRIT ALONE. He is the only perfect human that has - and ever will - live. Us normal, raggedy old human beans are imperfect, broken and corrupted. Christians are no better than anyone else. It is only through Jesus Christ that we WILL BE MADE PERFECT when Jesus returns.

**** Akragon, you have indicated that you have done much study. May I suggest to you some excellent material (although somewhat lengthy) found at the link below. It is from Christian perspective, but the research is very thorough and indepth and explains in volume exactly what is propagated as truth amongst the worldly views today and the reasoning behind such deceptions. It is all supported by documented fact and historical evidence.
I am certain that you will find it astonishing and well worth your time. And it will melt your mind !!!!!

Amazing Discoveries - Total Onslaught

Be Blessed and may Peace,Joy and Hope fill your heart always.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I am just pointing out to all who read this thread that the link you provided goes against the teachings contained in the Christian Bible.

And i am just pointing out to "all that read this thead" that you haven't even looked at the site... or read the material...

I am not categorizing you in anyway. Just sticking to the facts friend. No good having a discussion based on misinformation and heresies.

Actually... its based on many religions, including yours...

I thought it particularly relevent to make known the apostacy, considering this thread is originally attacking the Christian existence.

I find it ironic that the majority of people that ridicule/abuse/attack the Christian faith don't actually know anything about it at all. Virtually none of those know what the scriptures say about the character of the GOD of the Christian bible. Yet all are willing to condemn. (that's what I have learned from many threads on ATS anyways.)

Clearly you haven't been here long... Nor did you read anything on that site...

Akragon, you have indicated that you have done much study. May I suggest to you some excellent material (although somewhat lengthy) found at the link below. It is from Christian perspective, but the research is very thorough and indepth and explains in volume exactly what is propagated as truth amongst the worldly views today and the reasoning behind such deceptions. It is all supported by documented fact and historical evidence.
I am certain that you will find it astonishing and well worth your time. And it will melt your mind !!!!!

Amazing Discoveries - Total Onslaught

No thank you...

How about you explain some things to me instead....

What have you learned from your videos?

Be Blessed and may Peace,Joy and Hope fill your heart always.

Same to you my friend

edit on 8-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
I grew up with a father who was a "born again Christian" who took me to church 3X a week and was one of the heads of the church, who beat me black and blue and abused me in every way possible.

I really tried to make this fit into one reply. But I hope that you will have the courage to read through both posts.

I do not know why bad things happen to children, it is honestly one of the most perplexing questions that anyone could ask. Instead of trying to answer that question, because no answer can take away what has already happened. I would rather you to find comfort in your present situation so that you might fully heal from your wounds.

Galatians 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Revelation 21:8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

I did not post these verses to make an assumption or pass judgment. Only posted to show that none will escape judgment. Saying this I think it is good for you to remember the following verses.

Matthew 12:37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Romans 14:10-12 Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God; for it is written, As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.

Mathew 7:1“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.

You see we are asked to leave judgment up to God. There are two reasons for this. In one case we judge thus causing harm to the one we judged. In the other case we judge thus causing harm to ourselves. Trying to be the judge will not change the past.

The next part of the message will be the most difficult, and you may not be ready. To do this takes great faith indeed.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Matthew 5:43-44 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven

Luke 6:37 “Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

Proverbs 20:22 Do not say, “I will repay evil”; wait for the Lord, and he will deliver you.

Let God be the judge and have the faith to forgive. For you are not like this world, nor do you belong to it

1 John 4:4-6 4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5 They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

1 John 4:16-18 God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. 17 This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. 18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

So you see because you know love and live in love, you live in God and he lives in you. This is the secret Christ is in you. What these passages clearly reveal is that if you live in love than Christ lives in you. This is not something you need to convert to it is simply the truth.

If anyone tells you anything other than what is plain in the above two passages do not listen to them. They only try to cause separation. This is what is said about those who try to cause separation.

1 Corinthians 3:21-23 21 So then, no more boasting about human leaders! All things are yours, 22 whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or the present or the future—all are yours, 23 and you are of Christ, and Christ is of God.

Romans 16:17 I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them.

Romans 8:38-39 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Do you think he is saying these things to people who are somehow different than me or you? This is not an exclusive message for people who say they are Christian. This message is clearly intended for everyone who lives in love, who also lives in Christ, and Christ in them. Do you see if you are guided by love Christ lives in you, there is nothing to accept, nothing to convert to. It is simply the truth. This truth causes no separation. If any separation is caused it is separation for those who live in love from those who do not. You live in love you are not of the world; those who do not live in love belong to this world.

edit on 8-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

And i am just pointing out to "all that read this thead" that you haven't even looked at the site... or read the material...
I read the page that opened when clicking on the link that you provided. I read all 10 pages on that website. Whilst eventually they do declare that the orthodox church dismissed the theology of Origen, the final page then openly supports his belief system. I clicked on the books that are advertised amongst the webpage that you provided. It promotes the false doctrine of re-incarnation.

Actually... its based on many religions, including yours...
The heading and original grievance by the OP is directly aimed at the Christian faith. No other religion is mentioned by the OP. I am merely stating that the majority of people who criticise the Christian faith and the GOD of the Christian Bible do so under a cloud of ignorance.

Clearly you haven't been here long... Nor did you read anything on that site...
You are correct........ I haven't been here long - but it doesn't take long to come under biased, prejudice antagonism once you confess your Christian faith. That I have discovered already (in my short time here
)
Again, I have read that entire site. Did you see something there that I have completely missed ? ( I am known to miss quite a few things)

No thank you...

How about you explain some things to me instead....

What have you learned from your videos?
Ahhh........ That would be like doing a book review by watching the DVD.
I was just offering you some information that I thought you might be interested in. Sorry if I offended you in anyway. You implied that you had done much research ( I am assuming on Christianity - because that is what this thread is about). I was offering some more information on related issues that affect us all. That's all. if you aren't interested that's fine.

Ah but there is one problem...

I am not christian...

So i am free to wander scripture outside of the bible and your religion at my own discretion...
I am not sure what you meant here. I really don't. Just for the record - I am free to read other texts as well. I have complete freedom in Jesus Christ. Some examples............. I have looked at the vampires bible, the vampires spell book, the abremelin, the book of wamphyri and shadows, the greater (and lesser) key of solomon, jack parsons writings, the necronomicon, the necronomicon spell book, the satanic bible, the book of giants, the book of enoch, the apocrypha, the book of jubilees, the book of jasher - just to name a few. I wander through texts "outside of the Bible and my religion." With all due respect - I don't find the relevance of your statement ?

edit on 8-1-2012 by 1king2rulethemall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Let me give you some help in understanding Akragon. Although we do have our loving differences. If you read my reply in the previous 2 posts we share some of the same views. And maybe you will also understand more about who Christ really was and is.

This does not relate exactly to what the two of you are disscussing but I think you might find it of intereast.

edit on 8-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1king2rulethemall
I would like everybody who is discontented with Christians to please JUDGE CHRISTIANITY BY JESUS CHRIT ALONE.

That's a nice escape clause my friend, but it won't happen here.

I will judge christianity by the actions of christians.

Each will be judged on their own merit.

Forgive that you can be forgiven is how Jesus put it.

Do as he commanded or stop claiming him as your lord.

That only makes you a liar.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I would like everybody who is discontented with Christians to please JUDGE CHRISTIANITY BY JESUS CHRIT ALONE.

Very wise words.

There are sinners in all walks of life.. who are unkind..gossipy..and judgmental.

The evil one loves to cause dissension and hatred amongst all humans..

Christianity tells us the forces of satan are real.. and he creeps into the lives of the believers as well as non believers.

Please do not blame the Holy Trinity for the weakness of mankind.. and how the spirits that oppose God use and manipulate those weaknesses.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Thank you for that response.

I've been trying to understand christians......NOT the bible, just those who's life is so wrapped around it.

It has been difficult. I don't want to argue, just trying to be able to communicate with those who are so ........ah.....what ever...(blinded by the light, perhaps)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42
so ........ah.....what ever...(blinded by the light, perhaps)

YOU are a light in this world my friend.

Don't worry about how others shine their lamps, nor that they have enough oil in them to shine. Go and shine YOUR light into this world.

What is the very best of yourself?

Go shine it always.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Oh dude.........
Thanks for your understanding.

do you know you nearly made me cry......

I understand there are people like you out there..., but why are so many christians so hateful?

(thank you for your kindness)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42
I understand there are people like you out there..., but why are so many christians so hateful?

Because when Jesus sowed his seeds, an enemy came after him and sowed weeds in with the grain. To get rid of the weeds would have meant destroying the whole crop, so the weeds were allowed to grow with the grain until harvest time.

Now is the harvest...

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I am not using it as an escape clause. It is the only true way to understand what Christianity really is. True Christianity is only found in Jesus Christ, as He is the only perfect human to ever exist.

Then you are basing your judgements on shaky ground from the onset. Christians are human. Fallen, corrupted, full of sin. The Christian Bible says that we ALL fall short of the Glory of GOD. Jesus Christ is the only true measure in which to measure ones self against. The Christian Bible says that only on Jesus Christ's return will His faithful children be made perfect (thanks to His work on the cross - NOT by anything that we have done or achieved) until then we remain sinful and broken. Jesus does not say "If any one should come after me, then he must deny himself, take up his cross and follow Joe Shmoe." He says to "follow Him !" Follow Jesus and Jesus alone. He is the standard by which we ALL must attempt to emulate.

I am not using this as an excuse or a get out of jail free card. I simply pointing out that if you have been upset, or disappointed, or grieved by the actions of a Christian brother or sister (which will happen at some time or another) then don't hold that against Jesus and reject Him in spite. Your destiny is too important for that.

Do as he commanded or stop claiming him as your lord.
If that was the case then NO BODY AT ALL could ever claim to be Christian. Those words from Jesus are an ideal - a goal - a focal point - a mission statement. They are what a Christian should strive towards - yet understanding that they will fail more often than not. But thanks to the Grace, Love and Mercy of Jesus - if we continue in faith - then we are forgiven and redeemed.

That only makes you a liar.
We are all liars. We are all sinners. The Christian bible teaches that anyone who claims different .......
1 John 8 / 10

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

We are all liars. We are all sinners. The Christian bible teaches that anyone who claims different .......

Speak for yourself.

I really want to hurl now.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I am not using it as an escape clause. It is the only true way to understand what Christianity really is. True Christianity is only found in Jesus Christ, as He is the only perfect human to ever exist.

Then christianity has its head up it's ass. Jesus Christ is found within his chosen. That is what HE said.

He expected his followers to do as he said, but forgave them for not doing so in their ignorance. Their sin was idolatry. They adored the messenger to the point of missing the message.

Then you are basing your judgements on shaky ground from the onset. Christians are human. Fallen, corrupted, full of sin.

Where is your accuser?

The Christian Bible says that we ALL fall short of the Glory of GOD.

God made us. You judge HIS work. That is how YOU fall short of the Glory of God. I see more in you than you see in yourself.

Jesus Christ is the only true measure in which to measure ones self against.

Idolatry. This is the sin Jesus was put to death for. This is why God would not intervene. Jesus was judged by man to be so good, that he must be God. Didn't Jesus say only one was good? That one is the whole which we are all a part. Set no one higher than another, and let none remain below.

The Christian Bible says that only on Jesus Christ's return will His faithful children be made perfect (thanks to His work on the cross - NOT by anything that we have done or achieved) until then we remain sinful and broken.

The work Christ did on the cross was fulfillment of prophecy. It was all preordained. EVERYTHING is fixed. Christ fulfilled the brutal nailing to the cross. The resurrection is through his followers, those who do what he commanded.

Jesus does not say "If any one should come after me, then he must deny himself, take up his cross and follow Joe Shmoe." He says to "follow Him !" Follow Jesus and Jesus alone. He is the standard by which we ALL must attempt to emulate.

What is the name of the father?
The Son?
The holy Ghost?

What name am I working under here?

I am not using this as an excuse or a get out of jail free card. I simply pointing out that if you have been upset, or disappointed, or grieved by the actions of a Christian brother or sister (which will happen at some time or another) then don't hold that against Jesus and reject Him in spite. Your destiny is too important for that.

What grieves me my friend is that I know you can do as Christ did. How do I know?

Because I am doing it.

But I also know you can only do it if you are called to do it.

It is the only reason that can explain why I do the things I do.

If that was the case then NO BODY AT ALL could ever claim to be Christian. Those words from Jesus are an ideal - a goal - a focal point - a mission statement. They are what a Christian should strive towards - yet understanding that they will fail more often than not. But thanks to the Grace, Love and Mercy of Jesus - if we continue in faith - then we are forgiven and redeemed.

I say otherwise.

They are COMMANDS.

Do I need to die for you to understand?

With Love,

Your Brother

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join