It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were a hyper advanced ALIEN culture, how would you search/alert the cosmos????

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Ok...this is totally hypothetical.....
If you were an advanced alien race on a world possibly millions of years ahead of earth in development, what are some ways you would try to signal the galaxy you were home??
(Assuming you weren't afraid of the universe coming to get you )

Personally, I would use the most obvious thing in the universe.....
STARS!!!!!!

I would use my technology to transform a nearby star to be a beacon to the rest of the universe....
And perhaps put a few communications relays near that system to broadcast locally (RF perhaps) for any visitors.

I don't know how creating a beacon would work but I would think something along the lines of a pulsar......something obvious and repetitive which screams "LOOK AT ME".....

I am not saying pulsars are signals from little green men....I am saying that if I were a super advanced civilizations and possessed the technology, the way I would communicate with the universe would be through the most obvious medium out there....STARS!!!!!!

What are some ways y'all would imagine a super advanced E.T. may alert and/or search the cosmos for other civilizations?

-Christosterone

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I would place differnt shapes and objects near pulsars , Shapes that could only come about by an intelligent being.

I would have it surround the pulsar like a light house and shoot information across the universe in different directions.

Secondly i would minipulate black holes , by shooting in , sparkly dust , to make any observer go wtf is that going into the black hole . Then they will notice my pulsar in the same vacinity and there curiosity will bring them forth .

while those are going on , i would hopefully have access to WOrm Holes , Going into various parts of space and leaving a random solar powered light box in the middle of random galaxys , with detailed instructions on how to get a hold of me

"press button for service"

But hyper advanced usually = fly over while your scouting , drop in say hi eat some humans
edit on 6-1-2012 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I would put Canis Majoris on steroids and put my face on it

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Christosterone

The term "advanced" is relative as it needs to be contrasted to something "less advanced".

To answer your question: it depends on your level of "advancement" and whether you are polarized to a negative or the positive path (or beyond it--at which point the term "alien" is out of context).

If you really were a "hyper advanced" culture/race/species in the positive path, then you wouldn't directly interfere with the freewill of a developing planet. In the case of a negative culture/race/species, you would infringe upon the freewill of others so as to subvert and control them in a covert manner.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
I would place different shapes and objects near pulsars , Shapes that could only come about by an intelligent being.

I would have it surround the pulsar like a light house and shoot information across the universe in different directions.

Secondly i would minipulate black holes , by shooting in , sparkly dust , to make any observer go wtf is that going into the black hole . Then they will notice my pulsar in the same vacinity and there curiosity will bring them forth .

while those are going on , i would hopefully have access to WOrm Holes , Going into various parts of space and leaving a random solar powered light box in the middle of random galaxys , with detailed instructions on how to get a hold of me

"press button for service"

First off, I like the idea of the "shapes" although they would need to be HUGE in order to be seen next to the pulsar....

I also like your idea about the black hole(star for you).....only issue I would have with it would be how to continue feeding the "sparkly dust" machine when it runs out of dust

And my favorite part is the solar powered box in random galaxies.....although how would you alert people to its whereabouts?

great post....funny...and I too would eat humans!!!!

-Christosterone

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
I would put Canis Majoris on steroids and put my face on it

And we have a winner!!!!

-Christosterone

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RKallisti

If you really were a "hyper advanced" culture/race/species in the positive path, then you wouldn't directly interfere with the freewill of a developing planet. In the case of a negative culture/race/species, you would infringe upon the freewill of others so as to subvert and control them in a covert manner.

If you(personally) were a "hyper advanced" positive culture/race/species would you want to communicate with others in the universe?
If so, how would you go about doing so (hypothetically of course)...

As for the negative, I would probably move to Hollywood and become a sitcom producer and slowly erode intelligence away

-Christosterone

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
They probably already are but their signal is far too advanced for us to understand or we are too small, look at the size of stars in our universe imagine if we are just ants to them

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Ps OP took your flag cherry, don't forget me

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christosterone
Ok...this is totally hypothetical.....
If you were an advanced alien race on a world possibly millions of years ahead of earth in development, what are some ways you would try to signal the galaxy you were home??
(Assuming you weren't afraid of the universe coming to get you )

Personally, I would use the most obvious thing in the universe.....
STARS!!!!!!

I would use my technology to transform a nearby star to be a beacon to the rest of the universe....
And perhaps put a few communications relays near that system to broadcast locally (RF perhaps) for any visitors.

I don't know how creating a beacon would work but I would think something along the lines of a pulsar......something obvious and repetitive which screams "LOOK AT ME".....

I am not saying pulsars are signals from little green men....I am saying that if I were a super advanced civilizations and possessed the technology, the way I would communicate with the universe would be through the most obvious medium out there....STARS!!!!!!

What are some ways y'all would imagine a super advanced E.T. may alert and/or search the cosmos for other civilizations?

-Christosterone

i would come on ats, and say hello, my name is liz nice to meet you. if you need more info look at my bio!!!!!! Lmao....

though i cannot prove i am an alien... the earth sure proves not to agree with my kind.

lol

that or i would become a cat. if you notice by petting their heads just right and folding back the ears they have the ultimate alien appearance, the only difference is they are not green.... they are little, can... when they want to walk on two legs
and are smart enough to look down upon humans. lol

cheers!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

Cool show....I really like him..
I am going to my bedroom right now to find it and add it to my Tivo

As for the subject matter: The part I found most interesting was his idea of mapping our entire galaxy and finding habitable planets...
Then colonizing them...
I would even let each start over and create their own culture and identity....
Who knows, maybe thats how we got here to planet earth eons ago....

Cool post...

-Christosterone

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
Ps OP took your flag cherry, don't forget me

Thank you!!!
I have been reading this site for almost a year and finally decided to join yesterday...
You will always be my first!!!!!!

-Christosterone

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3v3rmor3

i would come on ats, and say hello, my name is liz nice to meet you. if you need more info look at my bio!!!!!! Lmao....

though i cannot prove i am an alien... the earth sure proves not to agree with my kind.

lol

that or i would become a cat. if you notice by petting their heads just right and folding back the ears they have the ultimate alien appearance, the only difference is they are not green.... they are little, can... when they want to walk on two legs
and are smart enough to look down upon humans. lol

cheers!

My avatar gives away my status as a cat person...
------->One of my cats has green eyes so she may be part alien..although she is pretty fat these days so is no longer 'little'...

I can see this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship between two people who believe their cats are better than humans

-Christosterone

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
They'd be able to view sitautions as if on TV. And able to locate pinpoint which clip to enter. And it the system would be responsive to overrides, but basically work as intended.

Edit to add, the stars would be light boxes to work with, joined up by strips.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Edit to add, the stars would be light boxes to work with, joined up by strips.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Now that is an interesting thought!!!
I hadnt thought about moving stars to create a message....though you would think that a futurama fan such as myself wouldve come up with that after seeing fry do it for leela

-Christosterone

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'd double down on the Van Allen Belt and find a friendlier planet to communicate with.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
I'd double down on the Van Allen Belt and find a friendlier planet to communicate with.

Ok. That is what you would do with earth.

Would you do anything to signal the rest of the cosmos as to your existence?

-Christosterone

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

If you(personally) were a "hyper advanced" positive culture/race/species would you want to communicate with others in the universe? If so, how would you go about doing so...

In the case of this planetary sphere?

1. Communicate directly with those that are calling and/or are ready to receive what is being offered.
2. Communicate/meet them in time/space, or the "dreamplane" (for lack of a better term), were the experiences may be left at a "personal" level to the discernment of the subject entity in question (the human being).
3. Communicate "anonymously" by offering inspiration, visions, epiphanies and other such experiences of an intuitive nature.
4. Communicate through these so-called "channels" (then again, these also serve the negative agenda)--finely tuned channels that are on the appropriate frequency, congruent to ours.
5. Incarnate among them. But be subjected to the so-called "veil of forgetting" (and the risk of never remembering the purpose of the incarnation throughout the "lifetime") as well as the limitations of their current density/plane/grade/reality/illusion.
6. Don't offer anymore than they are willing to receive (or capable of receiving).

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
That would depend entirely on the other cultures in the cosmos. And of course there's no saying whether any of those other cultures would welcome mine with open arms, either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join