It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Weather We are Having

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I am sitting at my computer and noticed that the outside temperature
is 58 degrees.I can't believe we are in "winter" here in Ohio and it's that
warm outside.I checked the week forcast and the temps are to be in the
30's and 40's.The weather feels more like october than january,any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Funny you mention this..but I had that very same thought myself while working outside yesterday. I'm in a T-shirt and light sweats while realizing I'm sweating....in January...in Missouri. Umm.. Interesting. Then again, the worst weather days last year were during my school days and the semester doesn't pick back up for another week or so at my college so...we'll see what the Indian summer may still hold for us. I thought we'd really have a winter this time too.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Don't worry, as a fellow Ohioian i can assure you Ohio has only 2 certainties. August is always Hot and humid and February is always Freezing subzero weather lol everything else is subject to change on a 5 minute basis haha

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It seems like the temperature goes up and down nothing steady.
My hubby and I cleaned the garage last week-end and it was cold
and snowy,now it's 58 outside.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Same here over in the UK - north west, Leeds. Should be dripping icicles from my nostrils at this time of year, not sat in bed with window open because my pits are sweating. .

Its not dropped below 7c in the past week, with tonight been a nice 10c.

Probably nothing, but because im on this site i'll chuck this in...Nostradamus said when all the seasons are combined...THE WORLD WILL END!! DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN!!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

This is perfectly natural. The jet stream sto the north of us at this time, which is drawing in warm, dry air. Back in the1960s there were record highs in the 60s. It is remarkable, to be sure, but completely natural, and when the jet stram dips back onto us, it'll get cold again.

granted, this time last year more than half the country was blanketed in snow, whereas this year theres hardly any.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Warm up here too. Zero Celcius, or 32F.
We should be at least -20C by now.

And they cannot measure up here! The weather report keeps saying, every time we expect snow, less that 1cm.
I work on metperial, weather in celcius, measurements in inches and feet.
Well, the fresh snowfall just from last night is over my knees. I say that's closer to a foot of snow. Which is about 30cm.

I'm snowed in for the weekend.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I don't know.

It was 71 today in Missouri.

That's freakin insane.

Repeat. Freakin insane.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Its the same in Wales.it wet and windy but it not cold
about 10c dont know what that is in fahrenheit tho.

And there plants in the garden thats starting to flower
and insects still flying around

Last year it was all snow and ice for months.

But then not even mr spock can predicate the weather.

edit on 6/1/2012 by skuly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I know what you mean, it's about the same outside here in Utah. Usually we are COVERED in snow about this time, but the only snow we have is on the Mountains. It hasn't snowed since before Christmas day. I can walk outside in a light tee-shirt and shorts, with no shoes, and be fine. Ridiculous.

Cheers from Utah!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It's at least good for one thing folks. Lower fuel/heating bills and I can use that right now. I sit here in my coat and with a blanket as I can't afford to run it much so having a weird winter is working out quite well for me.
12 C inside, I put the heating on to take it to 14.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Oregon has had the driest December to date, and was in the 50's this week. REALLY weird for this city. Should be pouring rain and freezing cold.
Strange times.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Its 68 degrees in my part of Oklahoma, and it has not snowed, either. Well one day it was kind of snowing but it melted by the time it hit the ground.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Funny you should mention this... just yesterday I noticed that the robins (birds) are already back. They usually don't show up here until April.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It was so nice today I wore a T-shrit. It has gotton cooler tonight though I left my house in a t-shirt and light jacket and I was freezing!! This weather has been crazy I live in st.louis Mo. and usally in Jan. it is so cold!

new topics

top topics

join