It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody but Obama: Why is this the GOP mantra?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I've noticed a huge trend among Republicans, and that is the repetition of the mantra: "Anybody but Obama."
Now, I'm fully willing to admit that in 2008, after Ron Paul dropped out of the race, I begrudgingly supported Obama, so I could have something to gloat about when McCain lost. Something nice about the feeling of having backed the winning horse, I suppose. And, like many, I am also dissatisfied with the performance of our latest President. Gone was the Hope for Change when we saw the expansion of the wars and the intrusion into sovereign nations so we could assassinate our political enemies; some our own citizens.
So now, like many others, I also want to see Obama unseated as president. My own personal choice is Ron Paul for obvious reasons, but there's so much talk of his "electability", as though this were a horse race. I'm sure Ron is the fastest of the GOP candidates in any case.. It seems the most common factor under consideration, however, is which candidate possesses the mighty political kryptonite needed to defeat Obama come election time.
In fact this seems to be such an important attribute that people have even (seriously) considered voting for an independent Donald Trump in the spirit of "Anybody but Obama".
Let me tell you, from the perspective of someone who, last time around, voted for "Anybody but Bush 2.0(McCain)" and ended up with Obama(superbush), this is a major fallacy, and a trap set by the PTB as part of their Hegelian dialectic game.

Let me finish this by posing a question that may have far deeper implications than it may seem at first.. At the risk of having Godwin's law invoked, if election day came up and it was Obama vs Hitler... Is it still "Anybody but Obama"?
edit on 1/6/2012 by DISINFORMANT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I want to add this post to clarify. I posted this thread to highlight that "electability" or "Obama defeatability" isn't the most important factor, but what should be the most important factor should be the principles a candidate stands for.
People get so caught up in not voting for a loser, that they can't see that if we all voted for what we believe in, we might end up winning as a society by finding out we agree on more things than we're being allowed to see.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DISINFORMANT

I think it's the thought that any but obama would be better or at least cause less damage, if obamas left unchecked the way he is, this country will not recover. But (and this is where I'll probably get in trouble) to be honest Ron Paul to me is sending up the same warning flags that I got with obama (Don't ask me why, cause I can't say, it's just a feeling). Just something about him . . . feels off to me.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DISINFORMANT

I believe the "Hitlers," if there ever were any in the Republican field, tend to get eliminated early. Obama was the result of a breakdown in the national media and in the Democrat Party. Of the major Republican candidates remaining, no one seems unacceptably extreme, so the cry goes 'round "Anybody (of the already scrutinized Republican candidates) but Obama."

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISINFORMANT
I've noticed a huge trend among Republicans, and that is the repetition of the mantra: "Anybody but Obama."
Now, I'm fully willing to admit that in 2008, after Ron Paul dropped out of the race, I begrudgingly supported Obama, so I could have something to gloat about when McCain lost. Something nice about the feeling of having backed the winning horse,

Wow there's a political philosophy: "my guy won!" Right up there with yes we cann!"
double facepalm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by DISINFORMANT I suppose. And, like many, I am also dissatisfied with the performance of our latest President. Gone was the Hope for Change when we saw the expansion of the wars and the intrusion into sovereign nations so we could assassinate our political enemies; some our own citizens.
So now, like many others, I also want to see Obama unseated as president. My own personal choice is Ron Paul for obvious reasons, but there's so much talk of his "electability", as though this were a horse race. I'm sure Ron is the fastest of the GOP candidates in any case.. It seems the most common factor under consideration, however, is which candidate possesses the mighty political kryptonite needed to defeat Obama come election time.
In fact this seems to be such an important attribute that people have even (seriously) considered voting for an independent Donald Trump in the spirit of "Anybody but Obama".
Let me tell you, from the perspective of someone who, last time around, voted for "Anybody but Bush 2.0(McCain)" and ended up with Obama(superbush), this is a major fallacy, and a trap set by the PTB as part of their Hegelian dialectic game.

Let me finish this by posing a question that may have far deeper implications than it may seem at first.. At the risk of having Godwin's law invoked, if election day came up and it was Obama vs Hitler... Is it still "Anybody but Obama"?

Well what does he stand for? What could we expect? With Hitler you know what you're getting.
Is he"for" America? (No). Reducing the size and power of the security state? (NO).
Is he anti-lobbyist? (No..) A small govt "constitutionalist"?(No). Prosecuted any bankers?(no..) consistent(predictable);open; transparent?(NO)."believable/trustworthy" (No)..
Friend/boss of Eric Holder? (yes)
accepted campaign funds from John(
"Money?How many zeros is that? What money?" Corzine(Yes)

Therefore:"anybody but Obama...

edit on 6-1-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2012 by 46ACE because: spelling

new topics

top topics

join