It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would Terence McKenna say today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I know there are some McKenna heads around ATS. His Timewave is coming to an end this year. Many of his predictions about social restrictions in the face of increased psychedelic drug use have come true. I'd say more people are using psychedelics than ever before, even the 60s. Yet, the noose is ever tightening around our civil liberties.

So what would Terence say about today?

Just gotta say this: The world misses you Terence. If only you lived the last ten years...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
"Guys, my timewave equation has actually pointed out little significance to the events it is supposed to predict. The people behind the world government has hijacked my notion, along with biblical notions and Mayan notions to further their agenda. I deeply regret creating fodder for them to progress their agenda which gives them a sort of "supernatural" justification for their psychosis."

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
"Guys, my timewave equation has actually pointed out little significance to the events it is supposed to predict. The people behind the world government has hijacked my notion, along with biblical notions and Mayan notions to further their agenda. I deeply regret creating fodder for them to progress their agenda which gives them a sort of "supernatural" justification for their psychosis."

Well this was no fault of Terence's. Its a great example of how our capitalist culture can annex any idea and repackage it for the purposes of money, power and hierarchy. They do it with everything. Think about grunge music back in the day and how flannel t shirts and torn up jeans were sold for hundreds of dollars.

Its a classic technique of muting the real power behind an idea, be it grunge, Terence or Occupy.

Except, its not really working with Occupy because Occupy is clever and leaderless. Nothing to co opt, no one to slander.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Well, what do you think he would say?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Pass the Mushrooms... =)
edit on 6-1-2012 by Buddha1098 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
Pass the Mushrooms... =)
edit on 6-1-2012 by Buddha1098 because: (no reason given)

Something like that.

I think he'd be all about the internet and at the forefront of AI and uploading human consciousness sort of thing.

I think he'd be fighting against all politics and would be a voice of reason in it all.

He'd be friends with Slavoj Zizek and he'd speak at Occupy about the transformation of consciousness taking place. He'd come up with even more evidence for novelty theory and the Timewave.

I think he'd be an ATS member. Thats for sure.

Or he'd be burned at the stake for corrupting the youth.

top topics

join