It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Cheer As Obama Declares He Wants to Bypass Congress

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

There was no clear Supermajority whereas he had to beg like 5 GOP Senator's to not fillibuster or block anything.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazed
reply to post by jude11

These are called "recess appointments". Many presidents including George Washington have done this.

Bush made 172 recess appointments during his presidency.

Obama has issued 29.

Bush made more recess appointments than any other president.

Who is trying to be a dictator now?

But... let's ignore the facts shall we? We can revisit this to see if Bush is still the recess appointment winner after Obama's next 4 years if you would like.

Harm None
Peace

You are missing the entire point. And that is, we are discussing Obama and NOT Bush. I am not talking about the past and the framework laid for Obama to tear apart America.

Bush laid it all out and paved the way. Obama is coming along just nicely now isn't he? Looks like everything is going according to plan.

And please look closer at the OP. I blame the voters most of all for giving any of these dictators the power they should never have.

Peace

edit on 6-1-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

And this plan you speak of is to restore and return the US back to economic health and NOT A MASSIVE GRAB FOR POWER!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by jude11

And this plan you speak of is to restore and return the US back to economic health and NOT A MASSIVE GRAB FOR POWER!

Funny, on all the other threads you pretend to be a huge proponent of the constitution and rights ...........

So now because its Obama he gets a pass?

Sorry..........I dont care WHAT you claim the reaons are, there is NEVER a good reason to bypass the sytem of checks and balances thatkeeps people from being

.........wait for it.......

DICTATORS........

as one domino falls so does another..........this path taken will lead to another, then another, then another......

Take your excuses for these actions elsewhere

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I always type from the stance of someone on the outside looking in and see this entire mess as follows :

Instead of offering anything you have one side who will be like piranhas when it comes to dinner time. There is one side trying to represent the nation as a whole who want to desperately and who's top goal is National Economic Recovery as the new Priority No. 1 item seeing how a major reason for the lack of support for the nation and their fellow countrymen both sides are cowtailing to their corporate puppetmasters and are unwillingly by threat of ruin, expulsion, shame and death to do what they are told and don't dare question it which in the very essence means proof positive the real power sits outside the US instead of inside which by very definition is a Dictatorship via non traditional rule. This is how they are controlling us all!!

You know the MK Ultra projects? Alot of them are in use by them in order to control the minds of Members Of Congress so that they are guarandamnteed to get whatever they want regardless of what any of us think about it.

Total and complete usurpment of every protection, regulation and oversight in play to oversee. Heck, if you've got them all under your control it's obvious that you can control what gets seen and how it gets seen.
edit on 7-1-2012 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
A President that doesn't know a thing about checks and balances.
... hell, he doesn't even know how to balance a checkbook.

Blame it on the Americans that voted for him, I'm sure many of them voted form him twice.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Haha.. I don't know why, but I read the title and thought damn the American people scare me and then bam there it was after not having heard it in ten years:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by amazed
reply to post by jude11

These are called "recess appointments". Many presidents including George Washington have done this.

Bush made 172 recess appointments during his presidency.

Obama has issued 29.

Bush made more recess appointments than any other president.

Who is trying to be a dictator now?

But... let's ignore the facts shall we? We can revisit this to see if Bush is still the recess appointment winner after Obama's next 4 years if you would like.

Harm None
Peace

You are missing the entire point. And that is, we are discussing Obama and NOT Bush. I am not talking about the past and the framework laid for Obama to tear apart America.

Bush laid it all out and paved the way. Obama is coming along just nicely now isn't he? Looks like everything is going according to plan.

And please look closer at the OP. I blame the voters most of all for giving any of these dictators the power they should never have.

Peace

edit on 6-1-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Hello? Almost ALL presidents have made recess appointments. George Washington made recess appointments.

O. M. G. NO YOU don't get it. Get your facts straight for goodness sakes. Hate Obama all you want but at LEAST get angry over something really out of wack and not something which EVERY president has done.

Do some research if you don't get it.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Obama to restore anything?
That is the joke of the year.

But, like ManBehindTheMask states, it is ok when 0bama does it, yet when others do it, you have issues.
So long as it follows your way of thinking, it is ok.
That is about as Elitist as it gets.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

The Dictator Wants to Bypass Congress – The People Cheer

I actually saw one person on this site (different thread) cheer when Obama did the recess appointment .. even when there was no recess it's still being applauded as a great move and a 'recess appointment'.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
"This is how you sidestep the corporatocracy and banking dictatorships, go around the very body who's beyond belief corrupt and bought and paid. "

This is how I saw this action, but I really am no expert on any of this.
dosn't this support the ows thinking?
edit on 7-1-2012 by tired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I have always said the same thing. We always blame Obama and I am quite guilty of that myself. Why? Because he's the one we can see.

But who is really to blame? The people that voted him in and who are keeping him in. Sure he sounded good in the beginning but after failing to keep not one promise of his campaign, why is he still there? And why is he even being considered for another term? Are you kidding me?

Look, there is vote fraud, we all know it. There can be numbers played with if the race is close. But if it's a landslide for another candidate, not even the mighty Obama can fudge those votes. A few thousand maybe. Millions? Nope.

And in this video, people actually cheer Obama for his dictatorship. How can people actually think that one man knows what is best for the Nation and the World in turn? He doesn't need to listen to others in congress? Just gonna do as he pleases...and the people cheered.

INDEED.

IIRC, the leader in pre-WWII Germany asserted similar things and the people then cheered similarly.

Citizens' addictions to order over freedom are suicidal.

I still think that it is at least 60% or more likely that Obama's puppet masters will trash him as a scapegoat when the chaos they ordered him to create by massive destructiveness toward the USA reaches a peak.

Regardless, that anyone is cheering the traitor from Kenya on, documents how unware and suicidal so many citizens have become.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Nothing to do with Elitism, everything to do with Americanism. The last like 4 sold out nation out and the current puppet is trying to put things back together as remember it was not done in a day and won't take a day to undo. Done systematically for the last 30 yrs and will probably take that or shorter to undo. Instant gratification here does not and cannot apply! Stop caring about the one trying to fix it but care about what led to our current predicament today!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

The Dictator Wants to Bypass Congress – The People Cheer

I actually saw one person on this site (different thread) cheer when Obama did the recess appointment .. even when there was no recess it's still being applauded as a great move and a 'recess appointment'.

There was no recess? Then what were they working on?
Or are you cheering on blatant obstructionism?
We pay for that too. Is it ok as long as it comes from the side you like? Is congress really that side?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
reply to post by NuclearPaul

He could have instituted "Order 66" and the sheep would've cheered. The only thing scarier than these people we call 'the Elite', are those who applaud them. These "dupes" (as another poster dubbed them) will be their army when the $h!t hits the fan, and they will die to uphold their Marionette Masters.

We are the outcasts, the black sheep in the herd, but we are still very much sheep. We think we have everything figured out, but we're called theorists for a reason. We only have our theories, but that's far more than most. We are awake, but we cannot yet see the whole picture. Only time, and most importantly patience, will tell the tale.

edit on 6-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

Wow. Amazing post. I feel so much the same way but could not have worded it like that. Good job.

However, patience may destroy us in the end if when it does come down, and people wake up in massive numbers, and if they still do nothing... that will be bad. We are waiting for our sleeping brothers, like it or not. I hope they wake up sooner than later.
edit on 8-1-2012 by thejlxc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

Nothing to do with Elitism, everything to do with Americanism. The last like 4 sold out nation out and the current puppet is trying to put things back together as remember it was not done in a day and won't take a day to undo. Done systematically for the last 30 yrs and will probably take that or shorter to undo. Instant gratification here does not and cannot apply! Stop caring about the one trying to fix it but care about what led to our current predicament today!

When ever an individual and/or Govt comes in and thinks "Hey, I know better for you" and then imposes that on others is Elitist. This is very very simple.
0bama is not trying to fix anything. 0bama is out for 0bama, plain and simple.
For someone that professes daily about how the "SCUM"
rule things, you sure do make a 180 degree turn when it comes to anything that your man-crush 0bama does.

Talk about hypocritical.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join