It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huntsman denounces attack from Ron Paul group, declares "corporations are NOT PEOPLE"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Huntsman objects to ad featuring adopted kids

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — Republican presidential hopeful Jon Huntsman, who often speaks movingly of his adopted daughters while on the campaign trail, said Friday that Ron Paul's supporters were out of line in using the girls to argue that Huntsman is un-American. An online ad posted by "NHLiberty4Paul" includes video footage of Huntsman, the former ambassador to China, with daughter Gracie when she was an infant.

It also shows Huntsman holding Asha shortly after she was adopted from India. "American values? Or Chinese?" the ad asks, ending with "Vote Ron Paul."

A message sent to the ad's creator was not immediately returned. Paul's New Hampshire spokeswoman, Kate Schackai, said Friday she didn't know who was behind the ad, but it wasn't anyone affiliated with the campaign. "The video was utterly distasteful and no one who actually supports Dr. Paul's principles would have made it," she said.

In Concord, Huntsman said it was "stupid" to allege that he has Chinese values because he lived overseas and speaks Chinese. "If someone wants to poke fun at me, that's OK," said Huntsman, whose campaign has posted several online ads attacking Paul as unelectable. "What I object to is bringing forward pictures and videos of my adopted daughters and suggesting there's something sinister there."

news.yahoo.com...

Don't know if Ron Paul himself has denounced this ad...but he needs to. But again, he supported the Supreme Court's decision (Citizens United) that made it possible in the first place.

Pretty low blow if you ask me.

Also....included in this article....

When questioned by the audience, Huntsman also challenged Romney's assertion that "corporations are people." "Of course corporations are not people. Who would say such an outlandish thing? I can't imagine anyone running for president would say something like that."

I don't know much about Huntsman...other than that he seems intelligent. This makes me like him even more. Can't believe this is actually coming out of a GOP candidate's mouth.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Don't know if Ron Paul himself has denounced this ad...but he needs to. But again, he supported the Supreme Court's decision (Citizens United) that made it possible in the first place.

Pretty low blow if you ask me.

Jesse Benton (campaign manager) already has, I haven't gone fishing to see if they've got a statement directly from Paul yet. But what on earth does it have to do with Citizens United? This is by no means a high-dollar ad and falls firmly under (idiotic - it's a TERRIBLE video. And I mean quality, not content. The content's just retarded) freedom of speech.

Agreed on the low blow. Nothing impressive about the video, and the poster's account is highly suspect.

EDIT: Here's Paul on the ad:

Ron Paul also distanced himself from an ad run by some of his supporters suggesting rival Jon Huntsman had "Chinese values." Huntsman served as ambassador to China and has an adopted daughter from the country. "I understand it's an ugly ad and I've disavowed it," Paul said, calling the ad "way out of order."

I don't know much about Huntsman...other than that he seems intelligent. This makes me like him even more. Can't believe this is actually coming out of a GOP candidate's mouth.

He's the only other one I'd consider supporting, but it would take a lot of review and I don't know if I could get there on him.

edit on 1/6/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

This ad was already covered, it is nothing noteworthy, done by a few youtubers just like alot of other junk out there. I am surprised he even commented on it, as this has nothing to do with Ron Paul, except those youtubers claim they support him. Strange thing is, that ad is not very intelligent, and most Ron Paul supporters are intelligent people so... something doesn´t quite add up here...

Judge for yourself though.

Noteworthy?
edit on 6-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Corporations are comprised of people, as a vehicle to conduct commerce. That vehicle though is not a person. Its a shield for the people in that vehicle. Huntsman is right. For a person to claim a corporation is a person, is an idiot. For a corporation to be a person they need to bleed, die, have emotions. The only thing that can be said is that a corporation is comprised of people, who have individual rights of association.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Strange thing is, that ad is not very intelligent, and most Ron Paul supporters are intelligent people so... something doesn´t quite add up here

LOL.

I'd love to see some proof of how most Ron Paul supporters are intelligent people.

Such ridiculous statements being made with no proof...Ron Paul supporters really need to stop.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Jesse Benton (campaign manager) already has, I haven't gone fishing to see if they've got a statement directly from Paul yet. But what on earth does it have to do with Citizens United?

Yes, the article explains that his campaign manager denounced it. I believed it was done by a SuperPac, but it definitely appears I could be wrong after watching that video....but who knows.

Romney's SuperPac has been doing the same thing. He claims no affiliation, but doesn't denounce anything in the ads the superpac puts out.

As for Huntsman, I think he's the only one who could beat Obama. He may not get the evangelical vote, but he will grab Indies...and IMO....voters from both sides of the aisle.

He hasn't signed tax pledges, he's stated that he's willing to compromise to get things done. From what I've read, he is willing to draw down the wars.

Dunno.....as far as I know he has no dirt....but then again....there has been no need yet to find dirt on him as he's virtually the ONLY gop candidate who has not led the polls at one time or another.

Quite frankly, he's the only GOP candidate that I wouldn't be frightened to have as President.

Edited:

Ron Paul also distanced himself from an ad run by some of his supporters suggesting rival Jon Huntsman had "Chinese values."

Well, good that part of the article is irrelevant then....still like what Huntsman stated about Corporations however.
edit on 6-1-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
1. People by the definition of law can be classed as a corporation (see lawful rebellion site
2. Every corporation is only as good as the people or person who runs it. A person in charge of a corporation has a responsibility that matches the corporations influence. People who run corporations are responsible for the acts carried out by that corporation, period.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

SuperPAC? The grassroots with no funding regularly makes videos of much higher quality (check out You like Ron Paul, except on foreign policy sometime for a taste - a married couple produced it themselves). It's definitely not a professional production.

As far as actual Paul-supporting SuperPACs go, I think there's only one - RevolutionPAC, and its videos are MILES beyond this pathetic thing:

As for Huntsman, I think he's the only one who could beat Obama. He may not get the evangelical vote, but he will grab Indies...and IMO....voters from both sides of the aisle.

We all feel the same way about our guy - but Paul actually showed it in Iowa.

He hasn't signed tax pledges, he's stated that he's willing to compromise to get things done. From what I've read, he is willing to draw down the wars.

Kudos on the wars, at least - it is a necessity at this point for several reasons.

Dunno.....as far as I know he has no dirt....but then again....there has been no need yet to find dirt on him as he's virtually the ONLY gop candidate who has not led the polls at one time or another.

Quite frankly, he's the only GOP candidate that I wouldn't be frightened to have as President.

Well, I'm definitely sorry you feel that way. I'm not aware of any dirt on Huntsman either, just policy differences and other issues I've got with him (spending record, loves NAFTA, wanted even bigger stimulus and supported TARP, etc...).

Take care, David - but yes, I believe Huntsman's time is coming soon once the Santorum surge peters out and he crashed like the rest of the non-Paul/-Romneys.
edit on 1/6/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Thanks for the link to the video. That's the kind of nationalistic, narrow-minded garbage that some people have. "He speaks another language? Commie traitor!"

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It's obvious to me that either

A: People who made this video are idiots, or

B: (Because after all, we are on a conspiracy site) John Huntsman's people made the ad to get him sympathy votes, because Ron Paul is such a mean old man when all John Huntsman wanted to do is save two little girls. It reminds me of Rick Santorum's dead baby and how people felt sympathy for a parent who was grieving over his dead child. I believe Gingrich also tried a similar method when he remembered his mother and big tears started rolling down his cheeks. Only difference is that nobody cared whether Gingrich had any feelings for his mother. Children are a lot better tools to get elected.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I told you so!!! (refer to my post just before this one)

Huntsman Complicit in “False Flag”-Style Dirty Trick Against Paul

YouTube stats show that Huntsman’s official website was the first website to post the ridiculous, anonymously created “China Jon” video immediately after it was uploaded, yet Huntsman and the corporate media blame Ron Paul supporters for its creation and call on Paul himself to disown it. Meanwhile, Huntman uses it as a means to play the victim and paint himself as a cosmopolitan hero, with full media cooperation. TheEndRun.com January 6, 2012 If you thought it would be impossible for Jon Huntsman and the Establishment media to stoop any lower than they already have in their attempts to marginalize and discredit Ron Paul, you thought wrong.

EDIT to add:

The paulbots are going crazy with our video

I cant believe how stupid these people are. As campaign insiders many of you are aware we created the fake video here www.youtube.com... and made it look like it came from the ron paul people. This is a suprise it went viral. And the good news is paul is getting blamed for it. My goodness this is turning out better than expected. I was on the phone today with the campaign and they have another one coming out monday.

edit on 6-1-2012 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
^^^^ YUP

This so-called 'attack' was led STRAIGHT BACK to Huntsman's crew.

OP, I hope you will add this REAL information into your OP so people don't read it and just ASSUME Ron Paul or his supporters were behind this.

Also, if I was attacking Huntsman, I would do it properly, watching that home-made 'attack ad' actually earned him some respect from me. I see adoption of foreign children as a good deed, especially when you're able to see past the cultural, physical differences and skin color.
edit on 6-1-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Wow, lol

Seriously, l o l

new topics

top topics

join