It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK sends it's mightiest ship to take on Iran in the Gulf

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starling

Originally posted by Just Chris

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

what are you talking about? the British navy destroyed? When? I must have slept through it! They had some ships sunk during the Falklands War but that was it. We beat the crap out of Argentina or did you forget? Get your facts right and do some research before you come on here with that stupid statement!

Britain owns America, FACT.

Wrong!
Israel owns America..... and Britain.

lol starred .. exactly
the big question is .. how in hell did they succeed at trojan horsed
2 of the most powerfull countries in the world

a plan was made long ago to create israel on this most holyiest place in the world
that will control half of the world and probably destroy the other half before the return of the gods
its in their religion that speak about this event in a way

2012 is getting closer .. and its getting worst by the time we speak
coincidence ??

think deep much deeper and you will get your answer
edit on 1/7/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Aside from the US 5th fleet being in the area, I think the Brits could handle the Iranian navy on their own. The HMS Daring is fabulous piece of hardware more than capable of doing its task.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TBR47
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

that was in the 80s and those was French made,and was advanced at the time,i can guarantee there will be a nuclear sub following HMS daring,

Ahhh, what a perfect opportunity ...

It's a shame those Iranians aren't worth a rats butt, when it comes to fighting ... if that atomic sub was actually real, I'd guarantee you ... you'd lose it, and the bombs would end up in london.

Damn, I want the chance of whipping your butt ...

We need a war in Europe ... I wanna whip me some limeys ...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
Aside from the US 5th fleet being in the area, I think the Brits could handle the Iranian navy on their own. The HMS Daring is fabulous piece of hardware more than capable of doing its task.

You are over confident and stupid ...

The Iranians are "big braggers", and basically people like you ... who act like gorillas and path themselves on their chest. They are about as harmless, as a hornets nest ... annoying, but harmless.

Now, on the other hand .... (God, please give me the opportunity) ... if it was me ... you'd have a real fight on your hands.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

I don't want a war with Europe, I just want the UK to officially remove itself from it. Europe is full of nothing but liberal leeches succling on the EU handouts the UK gives each year.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It would have been cheaper for England to hire the Sea Shepherd to keep the Iranian Navy at bay.

Iran has no Navy. Iran's last home made ship they made themselves and displayed to the world...is a joke.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Given the recent cutbacks in UK military funding, I'm surprised that the UK's "most formidable ship" isn't a rowboat with a couple of kids and a pellet gun.

I mean, HMS Ark Royal is being sold for scrap metal for God's sake.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Yeah the worlds 4th highest funded Military is broke isn't it.

edit on 7-1-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
That's like half the English Navy right there.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I love it when it's the 'English Navy' and the English will fight etc
Do you forget that UK is combined with English, Scottish Welsh and Irsh that are in the Forces here?
Same as the English Queen!
Then again, if the English get their ship sunk it will be up to the UK to sort it out I suppose?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Is Iran really a threat to the UK? I mean if Iranian ships were heading over to the British waters, everyone would be demanding we blow them out of the sea, yet we think it's cool to just go and intimidate another country with our Navy and should our Navy come under any attack, we will be demanding the destruction of Iran.

It's also disappointing that so many people are boasting about military capabilities. You'd almost think they want war.

Also pisses me off how many people think waging economic war against Iran is acceptable or smart. It's so obvious that our leaders want war and will incite it with any means.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Do you forget that UK is combined with English, Scottish Welsh and Irsh that are in the Forces here?
Then again, if the English get their ship sunk it will be up to the UK to sort it out I suppose?

Because the English pull the strings. With that said I'd support the UK just about anyday when the shtf.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
So the UK will now have the most advanced submarine in the world (HMS Astute) and the most advanced Destroyer in the world (HMS Daring) off the Straight of Homuoz. And people say that the Brits are a bankrupt nation falling to pieces

The "we've no military" rhetoric is peddled by politicians to trick the public into supporting more military funding. When what we need is less military spending.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303

Because the English pull the strings. With that said I'd support the UK just about anyday when the shtf.

The English don't pull the string. The City of London pulls the strings.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JessopJessopJessop

Originally posted by Fitch303

The English don't pull the string. The City of London pulls the strings.

Fully agree! London gets everything aswell! They even get an idiotic politician known as Boris Johnson, actually Erm make that lots of idiotic politicians.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
reply to post by MushroomWig

How humanitarian of you.

You're going to be old one day, and hopefully wise enough to understand what a crock all these war games are.

edit on 7-1-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

He seems to forget, It's those old people, who have paid tax all their lives to pay for these fancy weapons, I'm sure they will be pleased to know that money will be used for destroying other peoples lives rather than keeping them in any type of respectable comfort in their old age.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
reply to post by MushroomWig

How humanitarian of you.

You're going to be old one day, and hopefully wise enough to understand what a crock all these war games are.

edit on 7-1-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

He seems to forget, It's those old people, who have paid tax all their lives to pay for these fancy weapons, I'm sure they will be pleased to know that money will be used for destroying other peoples lives rather than keeping them in any type of respectable comfort in their old age.

Its a shame that the government is willing to spend the money we don't have paying people like Richard Branson a winter fuel allowance, is he so poor he can't pay his gas bill? How about the mighty Vince (hypocrite) Cable who refuses to hand his allowance back. If the government spent its money wisely instead of friviously then every citizen could live in moderate wealth. Unfortunately the last government spent 13 years spending money on things the public didn't need.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JessopJessopJessop

Also pisses me off how many people think waging economic war against Iran is acceptable or smart. It's so obvious that our leaders want war and will incite it with any means.

Agreed, same here ...

That is what they want ... as they say, be careful for what you want ... you might get it. In the case of the neo-cons, I think they ought to get what they want. They fought so hard for it. Mr. Obama is running his "assasination squad", and good old Bu#e, went bombing him and them ... well, I think a couple of hundred million dead, and starvation in Europe and America ... is what they want ... maybe they'll live happily ever after?

edit on 7/1/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

The british debt is far from unmanagable at 72% GDP which is lower than most of our european partners an the US.

Now that's funny.

UK's debt? 950% of GDP

Surprise surprise, your government is lying to you.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

Do not put too much stock in Russia and China teaming up to defend Iran. They will not,other than talking smack for internal consumption. Russia and China are rivals not allies. Both countries know this. They feign cooperation because they are adhering to the axiom," Keep you friends close but your enemies closer". Eventually, there will be a war between Russia and China. China desperately wants Siberia for the vast wealth of natural resources there. This is China's primary goal, not fighting the U.S. at least until they have military parity. The Chinese are trying to deceive the Russians. When China does attack Russia, the West will support Russia. China's military build up is focused on tactical systems( fighters, tanks,theater missiles). They have no strategic lift, which they would need to project their force. If you look at what China's military is buying and where its deploying its new toys(Type99 MBT) you can see what China's real goal is. China's Navy is nascent. It has a bunch of short-ranged diesel boats(Kilos,Whiskeys) around 5 boomers, and 6 attack subs. That isn't impressive. China would be doing great if it could even have 3/4s of those subs operational at one time. On a side note, China's Han Class is noisy. China's Navy also has problems with projecting sizable fleets (more than three ships) beyond its own territorial waters; they need to buy some fleet oilers and support ships. Besides, its not in Russia nor China's interests to get embroiled in a shooting war with the West to defend the poo-brained Mullahs.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join