It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a Jew and I'm against Israel. Does that make me an anti-semite?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Sure the truth is somewhere in between but way, way closer to the side that Israel is a racist society and practices Apartheid.

We have all the videos, photographs and testimony from Israeli Jews to prove it.

This is not 1967 when Israel could attack Egypt because they wanted to take more Palestinian land and blame Egypt the sell the world on the fraud.

The cat is out of the bag . The world now knows the truth about Israel and how fundamentally evil it is.

Thousands of high profile Jews around the wordl are brave enough to stand up and condemn Israel but the majority of American Jews and millions of right-wing Christians refuse to face the facts that Israel was a bad idea in the first place and has turned out even more horribly than the US State Department predicted before Israe was created.

We really have to work together to tell everyone the truth about Israel and counter the propaganda that Israel is paying people to advance.

ATS can be a great way of helping people wake up to the reality of Zionism tyranny.

Thank you.

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Skyfloating

Why are you so adamant about towing the line on Israel?

You believe what you want and I'll believe what I want.

But the truth is somewhere in the middle.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

As mentioned previously, arabs have the same rights as Israelis in Israel. They date. They share restaurants. They share parts of town. They play in the same soccer clubs. They live side by side in peace. Two VERY different cultures living in peace, tolerance and harmony. Doesn't that strike you as odd? Or where you not aware of it because it is omitted in the particular ideological papers and sites you read?

Welcome back Skyfloating, I was afraid you had left the thread.

Once again you are attempting to portray Israel as something completely different than it really is.

You speak about "different cultures living in peace, tolerance and harmony". I'm so sorry but I feel obligated to point out a few things. Perhaps once you put all this information together it won't be so easy to say these things.

Not only do they discriminate against Muslim/Arabs but they also discriminate among what they consider to be "lesser" Jews.

Ethiopian students affair shows prevalent racism in Israel

Christians aren't safe either:

Settlers attack carol singers near Nablus

Now back to the Arabs:

Olmert: Discrimination against Arabs deliberate

Israel's top court backs bar on Palestinian spouses

Earlier in this thread you called me an Anti Semite when all I did was raise some valid concerns pertaining to statements that you made. I would appreciate it if you responded with something a bit more constructive this time around as we're all supposed to be adults here.

I also must point out that racism and bigotry happens everywhere, including where I live. The thing is, I don't try to portray it to be something completely different. It saddens me that someone such as yourself who seems intelligent would try to paint Israel out to be a pretty picture in the way that you have.

You even implied that the Palestinians should be thankful for the plumbing the Israelis gave them after they stole their land and displaced over 750,000 Palestinians.

I also would appreciate an explanation of your claims you made in the first few pages of this thread.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I hope that SkyFloating realises that we are not just slamming Israel into the pavement for the sport of it.

I for one honestly see Israel as the greatest threat to world peace and I think Israel is using the US as a source of funds to advance the cause of Zionism which from my reading of history means more and more land for Israelis.

We are just a few dozen members on ATS who share the same fears of Zionism and feel strongly enough to spend a few hours a week fighting against what we see as tyranny.

SkyFloating and other members should not take what we say personally. It is not about them it is about what is right and when Israeli Jews kill innocent Palestinian children, use innocent Palestinians as human sheilds I just can not remain silent about that kind of crime and example of racism.

I don't want to see young Israeli children hurt and I don't want to see young Palestinian children hurt but the vast majority of children killed are Lebabese and Palestinian and they are often killed with weapons made in my country or paid for by my country so I have a right to denounce Israel's policies.

I posted on this thread because I was so happy to see a Jewish American who is brave enough to state that he / she is willing to stand against the horrible policies Israel is enforcing.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Here is another Jewish man who makes a clear point in explaining why he opposes Israeli policy.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Do you realize that you contradicted yourself? First you said 'nowhere does it say that children whose mothers aren't Jewish but whose fathers are Jewish aren't Jews", then followed that up with "But Jewish lineage is passed on by the mother"...

There is a very practical reason why the mother passes on the Jewish lineage and not the father, but don't confuse that practical explanation for the root archetypal concept which underlies it.

Generally, in ancient times, a man knew who his mother was, but not his father, as a man often took multiple wives. Therefore, Jewish nationality was considered more likely to be determined by the woman and not the man. However, the underlying concept behind this practice is NOT practicality. Practicality merely substantiates the practice for those people who wouldn't understand the metaphysical reason.

The soul is considered feminine because it derives from the creator, who is masculine. All effects, all secondary aspects in a process, are regarded as feminine.Therefore, the soul is feminine, and it is the woman who imparts the 'soul' of the Jewish people to the child she bears.

Conversely, the man determines tribe. If the father is of the tribe of Judah, his child is a Yehudi. If he is a Levite, the child too will be a Levite. This is because a tribe is more a SOCIAL function than a spiritual inheritance.

So, to be exact, you are not a Jew because your father is a Jew. Sure, you can go ahead and reject this millenia long tradition because it doesn't jibe with your secular ideas of ethnicity and culture. At a purely secular level, you could say you're "half Jewish", I suppose, but as a matter of religious and spiritual fact, you're not Jewish. If you want to be so, you would need to convert.
edit on 21-1-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Corruption exposed is correct, it only makes you human.
edit on 21-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join