It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a Jew and I'm against Israel. Does that make me an anti-semite?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Franki

The Israeli Govt speaks for and on behalf of the Israeli people because they democratically voted them in. If you do not agree with Israeli policy then I strongly suggest you apply for Aliyah then seek Israeli citizenship (IF in fact your father is halachically Jewish) and persuade other Israelis you know how to run their country surrounded by 350 million Arabs.

The Progressive/Reformist/Liberal Jews are not halachically Jewish, therefore they can not speak for or on behalf of the Orthodox & Secular Jews who are.

You need a history lesson on "Palestine" before 1948. The Palestinians were identified only as Jewish before 1948, after the Six Day War the Arabs then took on the identity as Palestinians. Before 1948 you dare not call an Arab living there a Palestinian as they refused to be identified as such.

edit on 7-1-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
There is a fine difference between anti-zionism and anti-semitism.

Anti-semites are against Jews, Anti-Zionists are against Israeli Jews.

The "anti-zionism" here is very different than criticism of Israel. Plenty of Governments, Journalists, Professors criticize Israel in many ways and on many policies. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Much of the Palestinians are in camps.

Really? I spent a whole vacation in Palestine. The landscape is beautiful. The buildings are pleasant mediterranean. The cultural heritage and sites to visit is enourmous. They also have some of the best food Ive ever eaten, great, great Restaurants. Yum! There is also some good plumbing and infrastructure there (thanks to Israel). Every Palestinian owns a car, a TV Set, a Computer or several. Most people are cozily tucked away into their family structure, family is important to them. I drove through the entire country but didnt see any camps anywhere.

The camps that you mention are for the Israeli's protection wouldn't need to be there if the Israeli government desegregated their country to allow everyone to live peacefully side by side, but that won't happen.

Arabs who acknowledge Israelis right to exist, live side by side with the Israelis. Would you let someone into your house who believes you have no right to live? Of course not.

It's the same as black and white segregation that existed in our country leading up to the 60s.

Israel/Palestine cannot be compared to Black/White in the U.S. because the blacks did not fire missiles or call for the end of its culture and nation.

The real culprit are the Hamas, which are an arm of the Muslim Brotherhood (the same guys who are responsible for genocide in Sudan...and you`re wanting to welcome them with open arms). Half of the population of Christian-Palestinians moved out of the country not because of Israel but because of these fanatics...that should give you a clue to whats really going on.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Originally posted by jondave
All I can say is Jews are Gods chosen People, I wish I was one.

I think that mindset is the reason they have been kicked out of 100+ countries to date.

You won't find 1 country on Earth that doesn't have Jewish people. They are smart and have infiltrated every piece of Earth.

Pope Benedict XVI declared in 2011 that Jews could not be held responsible for Jesus's death. Boy the Jewish people must have had something good on Pope Benedict XVI to get that declaration in 2011.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

You're damn right the Jews have something on the Pope and the Vatican.....lots of things!

Would'nt you like to see the Vatican vault opened to the public? That would be the end of the Roman Catholic faith as the Catholics know it!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Really? I spent a whole vacation in Palestine. The landscape is beautiful. The buildings are pleasant mediterranean. The cultural heritage and sites to visit is enourmous. They also have some of the best food Ive ever eaten, great, great Restaurants. Yum! There is also some good plumbing and infrastructure there (thanks to Israel). Every Palestinian owns a car, a TV Set, a Computer or several. Most people are cozily tucked away into their family structure, family is important to them. I drove through the entire country but didnt see any camps anywhere.

You obviously never went to Gaza, or any of the parts of the West Bank that they don't want you to see. My father worked there for quite some time and he paints a much different picture, he also worked and visited some Arab countries. Guess who were more hospitable towards him? It wasn't the Israelis.

I find it funny that you type these things as if you believe them, it's worrying to say the least. You mentioned plumbing, how nice of Israel to give them plumbing after they stole their land and put up Apartheid style walls

edit on 7-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Anti-Zionist is a cover-word or a new-version of anti-semitism. It holds that "zionists" (Jews living in Israel) are involved in a conspiracy. Hang around long enough and you`ll notice plenty of these "anti-zionists" also go into Holocaust-Denial and other such stuff. Something like Ahmedinjad who first claimed he was only anti-zionist and then went on to hold conventions in which they claimed Hitler was a Jew and every evil in the world was made by Jews.

Anyone who actually visits Israel sees that all these "Zionists" are actually really nice people with families, children, hopes and worries.

Poppycock. Absolute rubbish.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
There is a fine difference between anti-zionism and anti-semitism.

Anti-semites are against Jews, Anti-Zionists are against Israeli Jews.

The "anti-zionism" here is very different than criticism of Israel. Plenty of Governments, Journalists, Professors criticize Israel in many ways and on many policies. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Much of the Palestinians are in camps.

The camps that you mention are for the Israeli's protection wouldn't need to be there if the Israeli government desegregated their country to allow everyone to live peacefully side by side, but that won't happen.

Arabs who acknowledge Israelis right to exist, live side by side with the Israelis. Would you let someone into your house who believes you have no right to live? Of course not.

It's the same as black and white segregation that existed in our country leading up to the 60s.

Israel/Palestine cannot be compared to Black/White in the U.S. because the blacks did not fire missiles or call for the end of its culture and nation.

The real culprit are the Hamas, which are an arm of the Muslim Brotherhood (the same guys who are responsible for genocide in Sudan...and you`re wanting to welcome them with open arms). Half of the population of Christian-Palestinians moved out of the country not because of Israel but because of these fanatics...that should give you a clue to whats really going on.

History of Palestine/Zionism: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a semite is
a member of any of a number of peoples of ancient southwestern Asia including the Akkadians, Phoenicians, Hebrews, and Arabs . from merriam webster.

of this group, arabs, speaking arabic are the clear majority.
so an anti semite must then be against Arabic speakers.

So to accuse someone of anti semitism is an attempt to put the accused in an indefensible position... accusing someone of hating someone else for the language they speak.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Originally posted by mayabong

Originally posted by jondave
All I can say is Jews are Gods chosen People, I wish I was one.

I think that mindset is the reason they have been kicked out of 100+ countries to date.

You won't find 1 country on Earth that doesn't have Jewish people. They are smart and have infiltrated every piece of Earth.

Pope Benedict XVI declared in 2011 that Jews could not be held responsible for Jesus's death. Boy the Jewish people must have had something good on Pope Benedict XVI to get that declaration in 2011.

judaism.about.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

The far-reaching influence of the Zionists is as terrifying as it is awesome in its power and persuasion.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Why do you say you re a jew ?
you are of jewish religion,
that makes you a jew ?

When people start saying that they are their religion, thats a problem.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I don't consider myself as an anti-Semite, nor an anti-Zionist either. I consider myself, as a U.S. American left wing radical patriot. If you get on some of these right-wing radical, Fox supported radio talk shows, the majority of the host's, will try to throw an anti-Semite label on any of the callers that expouse any views that the host considers as "anti-Israel."

In fact --- The majority of the right wing Christian Evangelical's, who are in full support of Israel's imperialistic land grabbing, apartheid horror show against the Palistinian people; are all anti-Semites. The Christian, "anti-abortion," Evangelical's, fully expect the second coming of Christ in Israel. After "Christ is reborn," these fanatical Evangelicals, have prophesied, that the rest of the Israel's Jew's, will all march to the sea and proceed too drown themselve's. After that --- The Christian Evangelical's, will declare Israel as a fully "Christian" state.

Foofighter's

Erno86
edit on 7-1-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Israeli gov. pays people to be anti-Semitic

What is or is not anti-Semitc, anti-Jew, anti-Zionist or anti-Israeli is a matter of opinion, not a matter of fact.

It is very easy to say 70% of this and 30% of that and make it sound like a scientific study but saying "70% of all anti-Israel posters also being anti-semites (anti-Jews is the better term)" is a purely subjective statement, no different than "blue is my favorite color" or "all babies are a cute."

What is a fact, is that the Israeli government pays people to go on-line and appear to be anti-Semitic to perpetuate what many experts say is the myth of a growing problem of anti-Semitism.

Considering that the Israel government is very concerned about Israel's dismal image around the world (second lowest according to one extensive study) it is very possible that a forum like ATS is attacked by ultra-Zionist Israeli paid agents everyday.

So the "statistics" you provide may well be contaminated by Israeli false-flag operatives appearing to be anti-Semites when they are really radical Zionist zealots.

Whenever we discuss anything about Israel we have to be conscious of the fact that the Mossad is monitoring everything we do and say and the Mossad motto is "By way of decpetion we shall do war." so we have to expect every sort of sneaky trick from them.

In fact consider the Mossad motto, "By way of decpetion we shall do war." If a person said Jews use deception to wage war against Christians and Muslims it sounds totally anti-Semitic even to me but it is a simple fact not subjective speculation that the Jewish / Israeli / Zionist Mossad proudly admits that it is going to con, cheat, lie and carry out false-flag operations to advance the cause of Zionism.

Here are some links to back up my claims.

Jewish site dedicated to exposing the dangers of Zionism

Theodor Herzl (1860-1904), the founder of modern Zionism, recognized that anti-Semitism would further his cause, the creation of a separate state for Jews. To solve the Jewish Question, he maintained “we must, above all, make it an international political issue.”

Jewish American Expose Internet false-flag anti-Semitism

Official Israeli attack on Internet forums.

Reply to OP.

No it doesnt make you an anti-semite. But if you study this Forum very carefully, for many years, you will begin to see patterns. Such as 70% of all anti-Israel posters also being anti-semites (anti-Jews is the better term) or coming out of the closet as anti-semites after awhile.

That still leaves 30% innocent anti-Israelis. Most of the innocent anti-Israelis are leftists who dont know that Israel is the only country in the area that treats women, homosexuals, minorities as equals and takes democratic election processes seriously.

Go travel to Israel and then to Arab countries. It will open your mind to reality.

edit on 7-1-2012 by BRAVO949 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
You mean kind of like if the Talmud was translated into English and every American school kid had to read it - that would be the end of Israel?

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Pervius

You're damn right the Jews have something on the Pope and the Vatican.....lots of things!

Would'nt you like to see the Vatican vault opened to the public? That would be the end of the Roman Catholic faith as the Catholics know it!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You know the trouble with Zionism is that if you are not 100% for it you might as well be 100% against it because they will accept nothing less than you eating the scales, fins, head, tail, guts and all.

Personally - am off fish, if you know what I mean.

Originally posted by Drezden
There are a lot of republicans here on ATS who even though view themselves as "awoken", still have the subtle neo-conservative propaganda bias in their mind.

It's hard for them to understand the difference between Zionism and Judaism.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

You obviously never went to Gaza, or any of the parts of the West Bank that they don't want you to see.

The place isnt that big. You can traverse the entire country in a few hours. I bet you didn't know that either. What DO you know? Is there anything you can tell me about Palestine or Israel that is derived from "anti-zionist" sources?

Did you know that Gaza has a pretty well developed surfers culture?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

How can you be a Jew if you don't believe in your own scriptures? It says Israel should exist.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
they stole their land and put up Apartheid style walls

As mentioned previously, arabs and jews live peacefully side by side in Israel. And then there are some who do not want to live side by side peacefully. So there is a wall built which has nothing to do with apartheid at all, but with protection. Protection from who? Protection from these folks:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The place isnt that big. You can traverse the entire country in a few hours. I bet you didn't know that either.

Are you kidding?

It takes a lot longer than that going through the checkpoints as a Palestinian:

Were you subjected to this treatment?

I'm pretty good in geography, thanks for the lesson though.

How about I give you a lesson in geography now, except mine will be more useful:

Scroll to the right to view full picture >>>>

Hey Palestine called, they said thank you for the plumbing

edit on 7-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join