It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Reporter Calls Mitt Romney A Liar About Lobbyist Running His Campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I did a bunch of searches and didn't see this posted, please remove if it's a duplicate.

Mitt Romney is doing the public relations campaigning thing at a local department store when reporter Glen Johnson from AP speaks out of turn and calls Romney out about his statement of having no lobbyists tied to his campaign.

This is an argument over semantics. A lobbyist is 1 of his senor advisers, but says he's not running his campaign. Romney is the prototype politician.

ETA: Apparently this is from January 2008. I still did not see this posted on ATS though.

edit on 6-1-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Look how agitated and annoyed Mitt got when the reporter confronted him.

Just gives me more reason to believe this guys got a entourage of lobbyists behind his campaign, man we gotta get the money out of politics.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

My audio is not working....would you please type what the reporter asked and what Romney's response was? Thank you ahead of time.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

While entertaining, this is actually an old video that's just been reuploaded:

On Thursday, January 17, 2008, Mitt Romney's assertion about lobbyists and his presidential campaign was challenged by Associated Press reporter Glen Johnson in Columbia, S.C.

Romney: "I don't have lobbyists running my campaign. I don't have lobbyists that are tied to my-"
Johnson: "That's not true, Ron Kaufman's a lobbyist."

The confrontation intensified as both persisted to make a point, culminating in awkwardness as Romney approached Johnson, still in front of cameras, after the public segment was completed.

Totally not enough grey in Romney's hair to be recent.

EDIT:
I certainly don't doubt that Romney might have lobbyists in his current campaign, however.
edit on 1/6/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Thanks, I updated the OP with the correct date.
Strange I didn't find this posted on here. As far as the grey hair goes, I see grey come and go at different levels on a lot of these guys. That recent one of orange Obama had more grey than he should have. Everything is airbrushed for the public. Still a good little tantrum from Romney showing his insecurity with his spin on the facts.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I like the end;

"keep your opinions"
"don't confront the presidential candidate"
"act professional"

That, was professional journalism... straight to the facts by speaking out and questioning his statements. What is a democracy where you are not allowed to point out something you know about a candidate?

A journalist wouldn't go out of their way to smear or disrespect a presidential candidate (unless they wanted to lose credibility and/or their job) "just like that", so the guy knows something was up with his statement at least.

Does anyone know if this is true, as to what the journalist claims? I honestly don't know much about this romney guy, but it would be interesting to find out.

new topics

top topics

join