It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News on Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
In the last two days, the National Post of Canada has written two interesting articles, the first, a solemn warning from PM Stephen Harper about Iran's nuclear program, calling Iran the World's most serious threat to International Peace, and another one today from Peter Goodspeed speculating about a possible nuclear test which could force a return to diplomatic table.

This RT video surmises that if America were to attack Iran, Russia and China would be "dragged into war". Yikes.

Is it me, or is it not strange that once 2012 starts, we've begun to see more ominous signs of a future war with Iran? The media has amplified the stakes, whereas in 2011, and before, it was understood that war with Iran was a possibility, nobody actually discussed the possibility seriously, whereas now that we are in 2012, seemingly every major Newspaper and news program is considering, or rather, enforcing the idea, that war with Iran may be quite likely, or even unavoidable.

I am entirely against Iran's getting a nuclear bomb, but I also feel very uneasy about starting a world war over it.

But that is what the elites - not just of America - but Iran, Russia and China, etc, seem to want.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Not sure why your against Iran having nuclear capabilities. Why is it ok for the U.S, UK, Israel and other nations having it but not Iran. Iran is NO threat to you or I. Double standards dont you think. As for this becoming more prominent I gotta say it was always going to happen, thie signs have been there for sometime, it does seem to have stepped up but as its all scripted theres not much you or I can do about it, heck the russians knew about it sometime ago hence why the moved defense missiles to their borders. Chess pieces have been moving for quite sometime now and we wait for one side to declare checkmate before bombs get thrown around, I can sense its getting close now

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthPhobos
Not sure why your against Iran having nuclear capabilities. Why is it ok for the U.S, UK, Israel and other nations having it but not Iran. Iran is NO threat to you or I. Double standards dont you think. As for this becoming more prominent I gotta say it was always going to happen, thie signs have been there for sometime, it does seem to have stepped up but as its all scripted theres not much you or I can do about it, heck the russians knew about it sometime ago hence why the moved defense missiles to their borders. Chess pieces have been moving for quite sometime now and we wait for one side to declare checkmate before bombs get thrown around, I can sense its getting close now

Circular argument. I've heard it all before. Go ahead and let em have nukes. I want to see what earth looks like glowing from space.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthPhobos

Iran is NO threat to you or I. Double standards dont you think.

That's because we live in America.

Iran IS a threat, however, to Israel. Iran is the country funding Israels enemies, Hamas and Hezbollah, as well as contributing significant funds to Syria and the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.

It's leader hopes to see Israel "vanish from the pages of time", and within Iran itself, antisemitic propaganda, as in the recent movie "sabbath hunter" has increased.

Should we turn a blind eye to this, as the Americans and Europeans turned a blind eye to Hitlers provocations against the Jews?

I'm a little amused that liberals - who I imagine want to preserve their liberal lifestyle, want to give equal rights, even to those - such as Islamic fundamentalists (and contrary to CNN propaganda, Iran is a completely fundamentalist country...woman for instance, and I know this because a good friend of mine is persian, can not go outside after sundown without a male chaperone - who of course is presumed to be the woman's husband) - who would deprive you of your own rights.

The current Ayatollah of Iran said "'Liberal Democracy is Devoid of Morality' , and yet, ironically enough, his greatest supporters in the west are liberals.
edit on 6-1-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Iran houses terrorists... And there no threat? Cmon man. Open your eyes.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You think Iran is not a threat because you don't understand the mentality of these people.

They want to kill you... Any one who claims otherwise does not know these people.

Their mentality is not like ours.... If you do not beleive like them, they will kill you. You see it all the time. They even kill their own famlies for dishonoring them - how do you think they view you?

Despite what the media says, and the lovey dovey liberals say - if Iran gets a nuke, they will use it.

These people have not demonstrated the capability to even handle guns well, what would they do with a nuke?

You may say it is none of our business, but I wonder if you will still feel the same way when you have red hot radioactive dust in your morning coffee?

Wisen up - Middle Eastern countries getting their hands on a nuke would be like handing a gun to an adolescent.
edit on 6-1-2012 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2012 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
We are being terrorized by the Western governments, I'm pretty terrified of them starting WW3. Aren't you?

Iran is a massive and growing county. It need power. The rest of the world is allowed have nuclear power but not Iran?

Isn't Iran the one going around the world playing cop, demolishing homes, infrastructure and lives, removing those in power who stand against it, bulldozing homes, using illegal weapons... Oh wait... Sorry, that's the "good guys".

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DROKKR
We are being terrorized by the Western governments, I'm pretty terrified of them starting WW3. Aren't you?

Iran is a massive and growing county. It need power. The rest of the world is allowed have nuclear power but not Iran?

Isn't Iran the one going around the world playing cop, demolishing homes, infrastructure and lives, removing those in power who stand against it, bulldozing homes, using illegal weapons... Oh wait... Sorry, that's the "good guys".

Yes they are growing....

But they have spoken about their nuclear technology, while in the same breath threatening anyone who challanges them. This is implying that they are going to use that technology for a bad thing.

Think of it like this - if a known armed robber gets a 9mm handgun, and says he's just wanting to go hunting with it - are you dumb enough to beleive him?

He wants that gun to bully someone else. That's what all of this is about - a power game. Iran wants to have one of those nukes to threaten people with.

They don't even have it yet, and are already trying to scare people by saying they are devoloping it.....

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle

Yes they are growing....

But they have spoken about their nuclear technology, while in the same breath threatening anyone who challanges them. This is implying that they are going to use that technology for a bad thing.

Think of it like this - if a known armed robber gets a 9mm handgun, and says he's just wanting to go hunting with it - are you dumb enough to beleive him?

He wants that gun to bully someone else. That's what all of this is about - a power game. Iran wants to have one of those nukes to threaten people with.

They don't even have it yet, and are already trying to scare people by saying they are devoloping it.....

I don't get your analogy, Iran are not known for any aggression

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

The propaganda is certainly ramping up. It wont be long before we are in a conflict with Iran. China and Russia will probably get involved because they can see the USA taking one country at a time and they know they are next after Iran.

China and Russia know its better for them to join in a conflict because they have a better chance of winning when working together, they no there is no chance they will win on thier own.

The USA is also now focusing attention on the south asia region and are building up troop levels there, especially in Australia. China must feel seriously threatend by this aggresive move against them, especially when they have done nothing to deserve it.

The banks are running the whole show in the USA though, the bankers know all to well, if they dont focus attention away from themselves they will be done for, also Bush i believe and many other politicians will be executed for war crimes. These people have really committed some terrirble and awful crimes, they are either charged or the introduce tyranny.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

The propaganda is certainly ramping up. It wont be long before we are in a conflict with Iran. China and Russia will probably get involved because they can see the USA taking one country at a time and they know they are next after Iran.

China and Russia know its better for them to join in a conflict because they have a better chance of winning when working together, they no there is no chance they will win on thier own.

The USA is also now focusing attention on the south asia region and are building up troop levels there, especially in Australia. China must feel seriously threatend by this aggresive move against them, especially when they have done nothing to deserve it.

The banks are running the whole show in the USA though, the bankers know all to well, if they dont focus attention away from themselves they will be done for, also Bush i believe and many other politicians will be executed for war crimes. These people have really committed some terrirble and awful crimes, they are either charged or the introduce tyranny.

That is absurd. China and Russia have nothing to fear from the USA unless they attack us.

China and Russia gains more from the United States than it has or ever will from Iran – follow the money. There is more profit in being friendly with USA than Iran.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10

Yes they are growing....

Really?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

Russia and China are next? I think not. How the hell is America supposed to invade either them when they are making severe cuts to the ground forces? You cannot win a ground war with drones and aircraft carriers and missile strikes. You can sure antagonize the piss out of them, but if you want to establish a puppet government in either of those states, who both have the will and (most importantly) the means to stand up to the west you are going to need a hell of a lot of boots on the ground

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Yes they are growing....

Really?

Well I suppose any links to facts are too much to ask for eh.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Yes they are growing....

Really?

Well I suppose any links to facts are too much to ask for eh.

It is too much to ask - yes.

Because anyone who watches TV can hear the threats they make, and their agressive attitude they put out.

You are playing a game, when you know good and well what you are doing.

Stop trolling.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I can't understand all this hoopla about Iran.

Iran is rich in ancient history and culture.

Even Yahoo has vacation packages.

You will be rewarded a comprehensive knowledge about four eminent world cultural heritage sites of Persia in only one journey passing through the outstanding realm of great empires ; taking in ; Chogha Zanbil , Persepolis , Pasargad, Imam square. A journey to ancient Iran Vacation Package

and another

Iran Highlights Tour | 11 Days Tour of highlights

Tehran > Kerman > Yazd > Shiraz > Isfahan > Abyaneh > Kashan

11 Days Historical Tour in Iran

Day 1: Tehran Arrive to Tehran, meet & assist to your hotel. Day 2: Tehran- Kerman City tour of Tehran to visit the Archaeological, Glass and Carpet museums, fly to Kerman in the evening, O/N Kerman Day 3: Kerman Full day excursion to Rayen. visit Arg-e-Rayen, en-route visit the Shah Nematolah-e Vali Shrine, and Prince Gardens at Mahan. O/N Kerman. Day 4: Kerman- Yazd Half day visit of Kerman to see the Ganj-Ali Khan Complex
Assorted Iran Tours for Everyone !

What more could we want ?

Hmmm, I don't seem to see the nuclear enrichment facilities on the list

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

If u ask me,i would give nuklear weapons to every country in world.If one country can have it,than anyone can have it. Just to remind people that US is the only nation to actually NUKE cities full of civilians,as for that,i think US shouldnt have Nukes,they are threat to International peace.
And i cant understand how can Iran be threat to US,when everyone knows they cant reach US with any weapons they have.
If i were Iranian President,i would aquire Nukes earlier,as i would feel threaten from Izrael...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by John0Doe

If u ask me,i would give nuklear weapons to every country in world.If one country can have it,than anyone can have it. Just to remind people that US is the only nation to actually NUKE cities full of civilians,as for that,i think US shouldnt have Nukes,they are threat to International peace.
And i cant understand how can Iran be threat to US,when everyone knows they cant reach US with any weapons they have.
If i were Iranian President,i would aquire Nukes earlier,as i would feel threaten from Izrael...

Just because someone has something does not mean you get to have it.

The fact that Isreal hasn't used those nukes, even when another country(s) is threatening to wipe them off the face of the planet speaks alot for their patience.

Would these other countries be so patient?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Just because someone thinks someone else should not develop or acquire the same technology you have, does not give you the right to prevent them from developing that technology.
ETA Who was the last (and I believe only) country to detonate a nuclear bomb on a foreign country?

edit on 6/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 6/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Their last major conflict was when they were invaded by Iraq. If being invaded is an act of aggression...

Anyways. Israel has all the nukes in the region. Surely that should be checked into, inspected etc. But nah, their crew in Washington only gives Israel money. Seems they don't want anything from them except weapons.

Much easier to start a war and take stuff you want, eh? And then everyone can settle down around the camp fire that is the industrial military complex and buy weapons of each other and decide where next to destroy for their natural resources.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join