It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Huntsman Video Ron Paul Connection

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

A campaign smear attempt by people apparently connected with the Ron Paul campaign is trying to discredit Jon Huntsman for adopting Chinese daughters. The group claims they support Ron Paul, but Ron Paul does not take credit for this video and the group remains elusive.

I find it pretty hard to find anything bad to say about the guy and to discredit him for adapting Chinese daughters is pretty racist and ridiculous regardless who made it.
edit on 6-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Saddest smear attempt ever. This guy is not even a remote threat, got less than 1%, why bother?
Also, the fact that he has been a chinese ambassador and speaks chinese, is rather a good thing than a bad one, considering future Chinese diplomacy efforts. That is the best thing he got actually.

So not only is the target invalid, but their aim surely is lacking, as well.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Exactly agree!!! Jon Huntsman is even more sound than Ron Paul. And that is the only thing that they can spin to be bad at all about the guy??? I bet this was just some sad internet savvy kid who attempted to bash jon huntsman that supports Ron Paul.

Watch out for New Hampshire tho. I am suspecting a New Hampshire surge!!! Go Jon.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

That is outrageous! Paul had better not endorse the ad. Huntsman is the only other candidate with any integrity! I am holding out hope for a Paul/Huntsman collaboration of some type either on the ticket, or in the cabinet.

Seems like a very low-budget production anyhow. Hopefully it goes away quickly and isn't latched onto by the MSM.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yea Ron Paul denounced the video himself. Huntsman did endorse Sarah Palin so you never know. But I want him in as President.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
WOW!!!

Only 316 views, but apparently it already got Fox News, Huntsman, his daughters, and Paul to respond to it?

Here is a comment from below the video on YT....

Fox news aired this and had huntsman and his daughters on within the hour? hmmm....

so i can make a youtube video from my basement and get on fox live and smear an entire campaign within one day....wow..

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

It's more like smearing two campaigns because neither one of them took credit for it. I wonder who picked up on it, but yeah it's pretty easy to smear campaigns just look at Herman Cain.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Yeah. The uploader's Youtube and Twitter accounts both created fresh the same day the video was uploaded, and they immediately tweeted it to all the media, with the Huntsman campaign being the second referral?

Smells fishy to me. Enjoy reading the comments!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

DO you really think Huntsman wanted to put his family through this? Wow. I just can't imagine that especially just to bash Ron Paul, when he already has an ad on the airwaves doing that anyway. Not everything is a conspiracy against Ron Paul

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

A campaign smear attempt by people apparently connected with the Ron Paul campaign is trying to discredit Jon Huntsman for adopting Chinese daughters. The group claims they support Ron Paul, but Ron Paul does not take credit for this video and the group remains elusive.

I find it pretty hard to find anything bad to say about the guy and to discredit him for adapting Chinese daughters is pretty racist and ridiculous regardless who made it.

Ah I get it, your a smear merchant trying to paint Ron Paul, as a racist.

Ok I know who you are now.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Lolz when did I ever say Ron Paul is a racist. The people who put this video up surely is. Unless you think Ron Paul is behind this video, which if he is, then yes he is a racist. What's wrong about adopting Chinese children and giving them a better life??

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

DO you really think Huntsman wanted to put his family through this? Wow. I just can't imagine that especially just to bash Ron Paul, when he already has an ad on the airwaves doing that anyway. Not everything is a conspiracy against Ron Paul

Hey, you're attributing it to a elusive and shadowy group connected to Paul - given how ridiculous the video is in the first place and that it was immediately sent to the media, it seems SOMEONE wanted bad coverage for Paul on the matter, since most actual supporters put together MUCH better videos that the media tends to ignore (even though I'm sure they get sent out as well).

Why not a Huntsman support or group of them trying to flip it on Paul? It seems most likely to me, being a brand new account created for apparently this sole purpose.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

No that's utterly ridiculous because Hutnsman is buying ad time and is asking donations to place new ads on television. Why paint yourself in a bad light to maybe piss off some paul supporters it makes no sense if you really think about it. But the conspiracy theory sounds nice lolz

And the group is NHLiberty4Paul. Probably just some kids youtube account.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

No that's utterly ridiculous because Hutnsman is buying ad time and is asking donations to place new ads on television. Why paint yourself in a bad light to maybe piss off some paul supporters it makes no sense if you really think about it. But the conspiracy theory sounds nice lolz

That's the point. The video is so utterly ridiculous as Huntsman was the ambassador to China. If someone actually wanted to paint him in a bad light, they'd point out his actual policy flaws and spending issues.

Additionally, a Paul-supporter account with no videos about Paul, just this single goofy and counter-productive upload? Right...

I'll admit anything's possible, but this one strains credibility on several levels. We'll see if anything useful comes out on it, I suppose.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
We should all make a really MESSED up Ron Paul endorsement add, See if we can get on tv, and when asked go, Oh no, we just wanted to see if you media idiots would jump all over it....

"Did you know... Obama is BLACK?!?!" And have dramatic music in the back ground.

"Did you know Bauchman is a Woman?!?!" and go on with things like that for awhile.

Does anyone remember reports that a certain incumbent was going to jump all over the race card to win the election, supposedly an insider was reporting it?

Seems to be the case with how they are trying to attack Ron Paul?
edit on 6-1-2012 by benrl because: corrections

edit on 6-1-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I personally think that it's a group of Ron Paul fanatics who made this video on a bad macbook perhaps? Of course they might have had some connections to the media as well. Maybe Ivy League types. Not saying it was an official Ron Paul Video as he denounced it, but there are some highly fanatical Ron Paul fans out there and they will do anything to stir up trouble. They might have made this after they saw Huntsman's attacks on Ron Paul that he put out himself.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

It's possible, but would total up to being the absolutely weakest attempt of either of the last two cycles I'm aware of. And I'd have to think Ivy League types would probably give a much more effective and well-produced video (given the general quality of most grassroots Paul supporter videos) of much more substance, in addition to providing a lot of information about Paul.

No way to tell, so I'll yield it to you, jjf - but I simply can't believe it. We're generally not this terrible at such things, and don't create brand new accounts with such a paucity of anything useful.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Hey everyone would think that the white house could set up a simple Live Feed in Iowa. But nope. So you can't assume everything. I'm in the computer field and while the Ivy League types might act all smart and things they may not be the most computer savvy.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

More racism connected to Ron Paul.

It should be shocking...but by now it is just expected. How shocking that a racist would attract racist supporters...oh wait...that makes perfect sense.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

That's pretty ignorant, OutKast. I expected you out of most people would know better.

But, people will believe what they want, I suppose.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join