It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man behind the mask: Newt Gingrich

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Man behind the mask: Newt Gingrich

A real question of policy. And a real question of values. And a real question of seriousness.

• Foreign Policy and Global Warming (Policy)
  • Mo money Mo problems (Values)
  • The embarrassment to the GOP (Seriousness)

Foreign Policy and Global Warming (Policy):

"Palestinians are an invented people." - Newt

One of the biggest issues that stand out to me when I look at Gingrich is his tough stance on foreign policy. Of course, this is nothing new. Both Bachman (before she dropped out of the race) and Santorum love to wave the war flag. Afterall, we need to protect Israel's interests above even our own and even while Israel tells us they don't want or need our help. Makes sense. But it seems that most politians like to send our kids off to war while they sit on their rear end making (or stealing) millions. This wouldn't be so bad if Newt was former military and actually believed that war solved problems, but what did Newt do when his country called him to service? It would seem that he "chickened out".

"Continuing to bash Newt Gingrich as a “serial hypocrite,” Texas Rep. Ron Paul is now pointing out that despite the former House speaker’s tough stance on foreign policy, he avoided the draft during the Vietnam War."

See Paul makes a valid point. For Newt to act as if it's okay to send our kids off to a war that the American people don't even want, while he decided that his own life was more important than his county in the 60s, is the definition of hypocrisy. That's not to say that Obama is any better, but atleast there isn't a record of the man actively cowering in the shadows. Again, nothing new when it comes to modern politics. But let's try to keep the warmongering to those that know what it's like to fight in an actual war. I know it's hard Newt. These "invented" people are everywhere.

"The dumbest single thing I’ve done recently" - Newt

There could and should be a long debate on how or if man made global warming is actually taking place. That is not what this thread is about though. I personally believe that the entire argument, atleast when it comes to the man made part, is a complete scam. Your opinion may be different. Regardless, the point is Newt doesn't exactly agree with... himself.

2006: "… we do agree our country must take action to address climate change. If enough of us demand action from our leaders, we can spark the innovation that we need."
2011: "I think that I don’t know, but I do know that I am opposed to cap and trade and I am opposed to any kind of massive government response. I think there is no evidence that justifies a large government centralized response of any kind right now."

So which is it Newt? Maybe we should support mad scientists instead?

Geoengineering as descibed by Prison Planet:
"Geoengineering is a product of the harebrained and potentially catastrophic scientific fringe which posits that using airliners to dump huge amounts of sulphur into the atmosphere, injecting the oceans with nitrogen, and parking giant spaceships above the earth to block out the sun, is necessary to avert global warming."

That doesn't sound too good. What do you think Newt?

“Geo-engineering holds forth the promise of addressing global warming concerns for just a few billion dollars a year”

But I thought you are opposed to any kind of massive government response?

“We would have an option to address global warming by rewarding scientific innovation. Bring on American ingenuity. Stop the green pig.”

Right...

Mo money Mo problems (Values):

[color=white ]You know and I know that she’s not young enough or pretty enough to be the wife of a president.” - Newt

I like the spin that makes Newt out to be some sort of champion for family values when, in reality, he is a complete scumbag. If the above quote or being married three times wasn't enough, how about handing his wife divorce papers while she's laid up in a hospital bed after having a tumor removed? Or...

Cheating on the woman as she was dying of cancer:

"Let's remember, Newt famously dumped wife #1 for wife #2 while wife #1 was in the hospital recovering from cancer surgery. As in literally went to the hospital to present her with divorce papers while she was recovering from surgery for uterine cancer."

Cheating on the second woman as she was diagnosed with MS:

"He eventually dumped wife #2 for wife #3 shortly after wife #2 was diagnosed with MS back in 1999. And he was having the affair on wife #2 with wife #3 while he was turning the country upside down trying to drive Bill Clinton from office over his affair with Monica Lewinsky."

Refusing to pay child support:

"Shortly after that infamous encounter, Gingrich refused to pay his alimony and child-support payments. The First Baptist Church in his hometown had to take up a collection to support the family Gingrich had deserted."

So it seems that "till death do us part" really only means "till you get sick and have kids that I dont want to pay for". Classy Newt. Classy.

If you want to put people in jail, you ought to start with Barney Frank and Chris Dodd." - Newt

I wonder, what would you do for 1.6 million? More importantly, what would you have to do for 1.6 million? For Newt? Not so much it seems. As Newt sat in his chair throwing prison sentences out, he forgot to mention that he was basically handed 1.6 million by Freddie Mac. His explanation was that he “offered them advice on precisely what they didn’t do”. How much is your advice worth?
edit on 6-1-2012 by Tesclo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Continued...

Not 1.6 million I'd wager. And who's money is it? Ours. Gingrich stole your money and now he has the nerve to ask for your vote. That's basically what this boils down to. So who profited here? The former speaker. But that's not all.

"In the 12 years since he resigned as House speaker, Newt Gingrich has written dozens of columns and given speeches promoting work by various companies while failing to disclose that those firms were paying members of a think tank that Gingrich founded and ran, an analysis of his writing shows."

37 million?

Let's talk about healthcare

And...

Let's talk about Newtcare

"Everything that Gingrich railed against when he was in the House he went the other way when he got paid to go the other way."

And it's completely true.

The embarrassment to the GOP (Seriousness)

How much more serious can you get? This man should not be running for President. Infact, he should probably be in prison. And yet when Paul launches an ad to bring these issues to light, the media turns around and calls it a "vicious attack ad". Since when has telling the truth ever been considered vicious or an attack? Informing the American people what kind of scum this guy is seems to be viewed as a bad thing in their eyes. So who's worse? The media for refusing to bring these facts up, or the sell out himself?

Newt Gingrich. You sir ARE an embarrassment to the Republicans. Infact, you're an embarrassment to humanity. I hope you enjoy this video as much as I do.

“It’s wrong to go around and adopt radically different positions based on your need of any one election, then people will have to ask themselves, ‘What will you tell me next time?" - Newt Gingrich

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tesclo

You don't have to list all that stuff..........One visit to the Bohemian Grove is enough information for me to KNOW he is one of THEM.......

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by Tesclo

Wow you just joined a few days ago...I'm sure you have no agenda..who are you voting for...should I guess our current president?

I only care that scum like Gingrich and the other warmongers don't get elected. And I don't support Obama. My vote proudly goes to Ron Paul.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tesclo

S+F for a well put together post, keep it up.

I think most people around here know Gingrich is a scumbag already, but it is nice to have most of his crap listed in one thread.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I particularly began to dislike Newt over his treatment of his wives and children. I'd read the "not pretty enough" remark earlier this week -- for all his pretense at charm, this really gives a lot of insight into just how little he cares about others. I think he'll fake it if he thinks he can get votes.

The really nasty thing is that the evangelicals are fond of him.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Indellkoffer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
I particularly began to dislike Newt over his treatment of his wives and children. I'd read the "not pretty enough" remark earlier this week -- for all his pretense at charm, this really gives a lot of insight into just how little he cares about others. I think he'll fake it if he thinks he can get votes.

The really nasty thing is that the evangelicals are fond of him.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Indellkoffer because: (no reason given)

I really can't understand how Christian voters can line up to elect a warmonger. It goes against everything your religion speaks about, yet just because the man said Jesus you run out and vote for him? Do people even look into who they're voting for anymore? Rick Santorum? That's the best you could find that adapts with your Christian views? It blows my mind.

new topics

top topics

join