It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

North Korea: Explosions Reported at Nuclear Site

page: 2
8
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


Damn you for making me laugh so hard that coffee came out of my nose!!! Now everything smells weird. lol

Rev




posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It's bull..

The South Korean government is even investigating the financial markets to see if someone fabricated that story to make money off the stock market.



posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
It's bull..

The South Korean government is even investigating the financial markets to see if someone fabricated that story to make money off the stock market.


This is what worries me.
If a corporation would risk a war, by starting a rumor for profit, how many corporations would actually pay some guy half a mill to genuinely cause a terrorist incident for profit?

Always follow the money. S Korea is doing what all other governments should do whenever there's an incident.



posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeGuitar
Regardless of veracity, it is an interesting story given the fact that the same has happened in Iran. I remember, some years ago, a train traveling from Iran to North Korea was derailed and created some sort of hazard to folks in North Korea. The iron curtain fell pretty quickly on that story and the nature of the cargo was purely speculative. It seems these two countries are connected in some way...


Hi all. Expect this has now been pointed out, but wasn't the cross border rail connection with China "Put, out of use" many years ago, and that is the only rail connection to the rest of the world for NK?

Not having checked it out, but not too sure there is any rail link through China to Iran?

Will do a bit of research and get back to you all.

Think the explosion may be just a rumour, bit scary if it is not though.



posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by Vitchilo
It's bull..

The South Korean government is even investigating the financial markets to see if someone fabricated that story to make money off the stock market.


This is what worries me.
If a corporation would risk a war, by starting a rumor for profit, how many corporations would actually pay some guy half a mill to genuinely cause a terrorist incident for profit?

Always follow the money. S Korea is doing what all other governments should do whenever there's an incident.


Yet people are so quickly to buy into when it comes to 9/11.

Go figure...

Still nothing to substantiate the claims either coming from any news source (including Press / RT for those who dont trust western media).

The other possibility is this may be linked to the North if we speculate for a moment. The North was pissed at the South over an apparent lack of respect during the funeral. They said they would retaliate... What better way than to have an agent in the south speculate about a possible explosion in the North that only affects S. Korean / Western / Asian markets?

It would be difficult to verify the claims (depending on the type and location of explosion), and since it supposedly occurred in the North they aren't going to talk about / cooperate with any investigation, so they have isolation / deniability.

As for the rest of the world they get a hickup in the markets, an investigation into stock manipulation that could have been caused by the North, and the possibility, or at least thought, of how many more sleepers might be in the system.

Just speculation of course, but as others point out, the timing is interesting.



Originally posted by dowot
Hi all. Expect this has now been pointed out, but wasn't the cross border rail connection with China "Put, out of use" many years ago, and that is the only rail connection to the rest of the world for NK?

Not having checked it out, but not too sure there is any rail link through China to Iran?

Will do a bit of research and get back to you all.

Think the explosion may be just a rumour, bit scary if it is not though.


I didn't think the link was taken out. I do remember some time back that there was an explosion at the main terminal shortly after Jim jong il passed through the area ( a few hours if I remember right).
edit on 6-1-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It wasn't that long ago that we kept hearing about similar incidents in Iran. Why do Iran's nuclear and missile sites keep exploding?

Could be some serious undercover work going on in some of these hotspots.

Mind you, it wouldn't be good to be captured during one of those operations (if the are actually taking place).



posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1
 


Knowing Iran and North Korea it could very well be the most loyal person in the country who accidentally drops / makes an error, resulting i the explosion. Why admit it was a mistake when you could just as easily blame another country who has no way of investigating the claims?



posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra
 


Maybe they don't blame outside interference so as to save loss of face?

Likewise, they wouldn't want the local population fearing that their security isn't up to scratch..



posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1
reply to post by Xcathdra
 


Maybe they don't blame outside interference so as to save loss of face?

Likewise, they wouldn't want the local population fearing that their security isn't up to scratch..


Better to look incompetent to their own people than blame the little / big Satan? All politics are local - easier to blame an outside force and use the anger to purge your own house in the process.



posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

www.washingtonpost.com... l

www.koreaherald.com...

www.globalpost.com...

world.kbs.co.kr...

Multiple sources + South Korea Military detected it.


Many news organisations posting the same story is NOT "multiple sources"!!


The Korean Herald article is actually completely dismissive - it is about an investigation into this rumour-mongering as a deliberate attempt at stock market manipulation, and an investigation into that being started!

Those reports say the South Korea did NOT detect it - eg the Washington Post:


South Korean government officials found zero evidence that an explosion had actually occurred, and a visiting U.S. diplomat in Tokyo said he’d heard nothing to suggest the rumor was true.


you haven't even bothered to read YOUR OWN links!!



posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1
It wasn't that long ago that we kept hearing about similar incidents in Iran. Why do Iran's nuclear and missile sites keep exploding?

Could be some serious undercover work going on in some of these hotspots.

Mind you, it wouldn't be good to be captured during one of those operations (if the are actually taking place).


My quess it something from way abouve like a very small ROD from GOD the X37B maybe ??
It has to look like a act of god



new topics

top topics



 
8
<< 1   >>

log in

join