It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheen donates $25K to Alabama tornado relief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) - Actor Charlie Sheen quietly donated $25,000 to help tornado relief in Alabama, making good on a pledge to help survivors of the deadly twisters even though some had doubted his promises.

The head of Tuscaloosa's tourism agency, Don Staley, said a representative of Sheen recently turned over money that came in through a fundraising website that the actor set up after tornadoes last spring killed about 250 people in Alabama, including 52 in the west Alabama city.

Sheen wrote a check for about $15,000 after the website generated just $10,000 in contributions.

"He said he wanted to raise $25,000, and he made good on that," said Bob Maron, one of Sheen's managers.

www.wtop.com...

Good move C. look forward to more moves...!
Charlies Sheen

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Sheen has his moments, I think his heart is in the right place.
Even though $25k is probably what he had for spare change in his pockets at the time.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
That's "Winning."

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Gee Charlie...better late than never I guess. Despite the fact I'll bet he drops $25,000 on a weekend get-away for himself, it's better than nothing. Timely assistance might have helped a tiny bit more...but it's certain there are still plenty needing whatever $25k split so many ways for aid efforts comes to. Hmmmm...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Its always the same, too much is not enough to little is not enough..its always the same.

I say, what ever one can and feels like doing, no matter if he or she is capable of more, its simply boils down to what ever he or she feels like doing.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

I would think that would be pocket change for him. Certainly not a huge sum but I guess it is better then none.

So many disasters and there will only be more and more, soon no one will be able to get insurance at all.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Those of you mentioning pocket change,...how much of yours did you give?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Things like this make me smile. And the failure of other wealthy people to do the same put me to shame. Lilwayne comes to mind. Grew up poor on streets of new orleans and never gives anything back. But will blow 250,000 dollars at a strip club.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Gee Charlie...better late than never I guess. Despite the fact I'll bet he drops $25,000 on a weekend get-away for himself, it's better than nothing. Timely assistance might have helped a tiny bit more...but it's certain there are still plenty needing whatever $25k split so many ways for aid efforts comes to. Hmmmm...

From what is said about Charlie from his close friends he is a very generous man so hearing that he donated money to a relief fund doesn't surprise me. If you pulled his charity records people would be surprised that he even donates at all since we all know Charlie as being a coked fueled whore loving man. He gives money away like its running out of style. Although, with him no longer working on that TV show money might be a lil tight for him these days

edit on 6-1-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
Those of you mentioning pocket change,...how much of yours did you give?

Maybe we don't give to blow our own horn, so we are not telling....

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Fair enough... Perhaps I judge him a little harshly. I'm simply burnt out hard on Charlie Sheen following his meltdowns last year. Prior to that, I'd had a very different view of him and a great deal of respect for him as a talented actor. It's real hard to maintain that respect....impossible even...after watching what he did and said. It started with the Alex Jones interview I happened to be active there at the time to catch as it happened...and went down hill like a runaway truck from there.

For a man worth millions..... $25,000 is token chump change so he got an honorable mention. It'd be like one of us tossing a $20 bill at someone who just watched their house destroyed. Sure...It's money and all..but geeze..it's almost insulting by how blatantly self serving it is.

new topics

top topics

join