It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU governments consider delay on any Iran oil ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The european Union is saying money is the problem !

No kidding !

They are delaying their oil embargo on Iran for economic reasons.

What's wrong with Canada or Russia oil ?

Hmmmm.

More politicing again ?

How 'bout them nukes ?

I guess the $$$ is more important eh ?

By REUTERS
01/06/2012 13:37
from JPost

EU ban may need several months to take effect; worries over economic impact complicate EU plans.

How would a nuke impact EU plans ?

BRUSSELS - A European Union embargo on Iranian crude oil imports could take a few months to come into effect because of a push by some EU capitals for a delay that they say is necessary to shield their debt-stricken economies, EU diplomats said on Friday.

EU capitals have agreed in principle to an embargo on Iranian oil, part of Western efforts to ratchet up pressure on Tehran over its nuclear program. Details of how the ban would be imposed are under discussion in Brussels, with the goal of having a final decision by the end of the month.

Maybe the U.S. will come to the rescue !

European measures against Iran's oil industry will complement US sanctions announced on New Year's Eve that aim to make it impossible for most countries' refineries to buy Iranian crude.

Diplomats said other aspects of the prospective embargo are also under discussion and a final decision was unlikely to be quick. Some EU capitals are suggesting the impact of sanctions is reviewed after a fixed period, with the possibility of suspending them if they prove ineffective.

The US and EU sanctions have caused a steady rise in oil prices this week. International Brent futures were trading above $113 a barrel on Friday, more than $6 a barrel since Obama signed the new sanctions into law.

EU governments consider delay on any Iran oil ban

Cmon Guys, make up your minds already !

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The problem is the weakest Eurozone countries are the ones that import the most Iranian crude.. i.e Iranian oil made up 35% of Greeces imports in the last 6 months of 2011..

The other largest importers of Iranian crude in the EU are Italy and Spain, which are not exactly the most robust of economies, and it could be the move that could cause the Eurozone to finally implode.

So not really that surprising...

ETA:

My thoughts on this where that if the EU pushed ahead with the embargo, given the dire nature of the Eurozone at the moment and the impact such an embargo might have on the Eurozone that it would almost be safe to assume they where preparing for conflict as a way to avoid a Eurozone crash.
edit on 6/1/12 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Nice find.

Just when I thought I was getting a decent idea of what plans they had, they throw us another curve ball. I think they are all sitting in some fancy resort thinking of ways they can screw with us.

Those hidden corporate affiliations you mentioned earlier in a different thread are sticking out like an ugly girl in a beauty contest (sorry ugly girls
).

I'm not going to try and act like I know what they're planning so I'm just going to sit back and watch it unfold. I have a feeling they are going to try and manipulate oil prices again for the obvious reasons. They're just waiting for the right time, IMO.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I wonder what the supply line of oil from Iran to Greece looks like? do they ship it on tankers and go through the Suez or do they go around Africa? Or is there a pipeline to the Mediterranean ?
edit on 6-1-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Why do I have the urge to facepalm!! What a FARCE!! You've been a bad boy Iran and we're going to send you to the naughty corner... but not just yet.

This paragraph alone made laugh out loud.

Prime Minister Mario Monti said this week Italy would push for a gradual introduction of the embargo and would ask that deliveries to repay Tehran's debts to Italian energy firm ENI were exempted from the sanctions.

Punished, but not too punished.

Srsly...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'm guessing its the US telling Europe to impose an embargo, just like they did to Spain re SOPA like law.

Only the EU are unable to comply because of economic problems

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
I wonder what the supply line of oil from Iran to Greece looks like? do they ship it on tankers and go through the Suez or do they go around Africa? Or is there a pipeline to the Mediterranean ?
edit on 6-1-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

An article from last Nov indicates oil from Iran is shipped 2nd hand to Greece.

LONDON | Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:32pm GMT Reuters

Shipping data obtained by Reuters showed four cargoes taking crude from the Middle East outlet of Sidi Kerir on the Egyptian Mediterranean to Greece in September. Three sailed in October. Traders said all carried Iranian Heavy crude and more was coming in November.

But things change and who knows what's now or what's next !

(Reuters) - Greece is relying on Iran for most of its oil as traders pull the plug on supplies and banks refuse to provide financing for fear that Athens will default on its debt.

Greece may have trouble paying off !

Exclusive - Greece turns to Iranian oil

Greece, with no domestic production, relies on oil imports and in 2010 imported 46 percent of its crude from Russia and 16 percent from Iran. Saudi Arabia and Kazakhstan provided 10 percent each, Libya 9 percent and Iraq 7 percent, according to data from the European Union.

And here's a hot one !

"Iran is the only one who might be working on an "open credit" basis right now, given its own difficulty in selling crude," one trader said.

edit on Jan-06-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by HighMaintenance
Why do I have the urge to facepalm!! What a FARCE!! You've been a bad boy Iran and we're going to send you to the naughty corner... but not just yet.

This paragraph alone made laugh out loud.

Prime Minister Mario Monti said this week Italy would push for a gradual introduction of the embargo and would ask that deliveries to repay Tehran's debts to Italian energy firm ENI were exempted from the sanctions.

Punished, but not too punished.

Srsly...

Ironic to say the least !

Almost like a bit of the hair of the dog that bit me !

Maybe the nukes will solve the problem !

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This link has some interesting info about Iran.

Iran Oil & Gas Resources

note the companies and countries of origin.

Oil & Gas Companies Operating in Iran

The ABB Group (Germany)
BG Group (UK)
BHP Billiton (Australia)
Bow Valley (Canada)
BP Iran
Bureau Veritas (France)
CESPA (Spain)
Eni (Italy)
Gazprom (Russia)
Japex (Japan)
JOGMEC (Japan)
INPEX (Japan)
LG (Korea Republic)
Lukoil (Russia)
Lundin Petroleum AB (Sweden)
National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC)
National Iranian South Oil Company (NISOC)
Norsk Hydro (Norway)
Petro Canada
Petrom (Romania)
Petronas (Malaysia)
Respol (Spain)
Shell Iran
Statoil (Norway)
Totalfinaelf (France)
Ultramar (Canada)

Hmmmmm

Loads of info ,,,,,,,

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
this shows a big map of oil & gas pipelines...

Selected Oil and Gas Pipeline Infrastructure in the Middle East UNCLASSIFIED

(pdf long load)

green = oil

red = gas

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Thanks for providing that list

It answers a lot of the unanswered questions I had in respect to this topic. Still confusing as heck if you ask me, I wonder how many umbrella companies within each of those listed exist, and where they operate, and under what name.

The greedy aren't ready to take a loss in their profits yet I guess.

This whole thing stinks. Just get it over with already!

Once SHTF gas is going to sky rocket, and I live in a cold area, do you know how expensive fruits and veggies are in the winter? Man this is going to get expensive.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Make no mistakes. Many of the EU states are bankrupt.

This new policy from them is nothing more than further proof of corporate greed.

Those EU failing or soon to fail states know that they practically have NO WAY of paying ANY credit as long as Germany is not willing to fund them or end the union. Thus, if any sucker is willing to throw their wealth, by all means then, so long as the 1% in those states can keep the gravy train going.

I despair for the common masses in EU, whom have to pay that price one day while the 1% will only be enjoying their days in the sun somewhere far away, as well as the Iranian common people whom will have their wealth taken away by their unconscionable leaders whom will do anything, anything to survive...:-(

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

All the corporate profits are directed to the London/New York holding tanks.

The holding tanks are the ones who "own" most of the stock in all the world corporations.

Many big companies actually own each other as "major" stockholders.

The webs are spun there.

Very Very complicated.

All kinds of sub-clave companies with different names too.

ETA: the big holding tanks are actually the direct link to TPTB !

edit on Jan-06-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Dang that's a whole lot of oil

Solar energy y'all!

The black liquid leads to a lot of spilled red liquid all for the green

new topics

top topics

join