It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Road of Life [YWC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I grew up in a very open-minded environment. My parents were very aware of the corruption and manipulation of the religious systems in the world, so from a very early age I was taught to think for myself. I attended local churches with friends and family members over the years, and listened to what the preachers had to say. It always made me feel rather uncomfortable. Here were so called "men of god" telling me that I was going to burn in hell because I did not believe in some of the things that they did. This caused great confusion in me.

Thru countless discussions with people over the years, I began to see that in general, the religious systems are not there for the benifit of the people. They are being used to control people, to add revenue to already wealthy churches, and to eliminate other belief systems that existed long before these "churches" existed. By the time I was a teenager, I felt little respect for these systems, and felt that I would be more spiritually "awake" if I followed my own path.

I began to read anything that I could get my hands on. Books on the occult, the Koran, Buddist teachings, and every other piece of information regarding these subjects crossed my path. The thing that stood out to me the most was that they were all "wrong", but they were all "right". There was always something in each religion or belief system that didn't feel correct to me. This was when I began to realize that true spiritual awakening comes from many things, not just one source.

More and more, I researched the meaning of my existence in this world. I never had the feeling that something was missing, only that I could know more. I dug deeply into occult beliefs and pre-Christian mythology. I studied the history of the Illuminati, the practices of Wicca, and every odd-ball idea that I heard about. There was an abundant amount of information to be found, but there was always the lack of one thing....proof....I began to understand that no man or woman can truely know the meaning behind our lives here on earth.

It was in this understanding that I found freedom. I no longer actively pursue knowledge for my spiritual gain, and the outcome is one of the most miraculous things I have witnessed in my life. By not trying so hard, the knowledge comes to me. I see it everywhere. In the words I read, in the people I meet, and in the air I breathe. I simply allow life to happen to me, and allow the universe to tell me what it wishes for me to know. Every moment of every day is a spiritual awakening if you allow it to be. Within each of us is the power to connect with the energy that surrounds us, all you have to do is listen.

In my travels in this world, I have see many lost souls seeking to understand their purpose, and everyone's path is different. Look into yourself, and into the world that surrounds you, like I have just begun to, and you will see that there is purpose in life, but we may not always understand what that purpose is. Believing in God, Gods, or simply a higher power is a matter of personal choice, and everyone has the right to believe as they feel is correct for them. There are a few simple things that can help someone find their path: Listen to what the universe is telling you, listen to the people around you, do you're own research, and follow what is in your heart.

I wish all of you safe travels, and perhaps we shall meet on the road of life.
edit on 6-1-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
SnF. Very well stated. I also agree that life is a journey.

How are you enjoying ATS so far? I remember when you first joined. It's nice to see others with excellent writing skills.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Very well written. I can relate to your entry, as my own path delved into many "arcane" beliefs.

"The truth is out there." SnF.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thank you for you comments. I haven't been on ATS for very long, but it's like a second home to me. The people here are very knowledgable and always enlightening.

reply to post by Stefri

Thank you. There are many mysteries in the world that we may never understand, but every once in a while we see a little piece of truth. Those are the moments that make life worth living.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Thank you so very much for putting into words what I have felt for so long, but could not find the words to say.
I Especially liked what you say about learning about religion and most always finding something not quite right.
I am still searching for the spirituality i want in my life. It might take a while, but it's alright. Just letting go of old
structured (they way they wanted it) religions, i feel free to start my search.
Thank you again for a wonderful story.

Lokin

top topics

join