It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI finds alien signals?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Tesla believed he heard or discovered a radio signal/transmission from mars heres a link to some info but there is simply too much to add, but hey i suppose tesla was a crank too then was he? link

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

Your own link answers that when it states that later analysis came up with several suggestions to expain what Tesla observed, but none of them suggest the signal was martian:

Tesla thought the signals were coming from Mars. Analysis of Tesla's research has ranged from suggestions that Tesla detected nothing (he simply was misunderstanding the new technology he was working with[9]) to claims that Tesla may have been observing naturally occurring Jovian plasma torus signals.
I doubt that anyone with a sound mind thinks Tesla was right about the signals coming from Mars.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyTruth
reply to post by dilly1

I'm sorry, but I feel you're rambling and not making much sense. People replied to an article about ET-like signals hitting Earth, the story was later updated to clarify that the signals were from Earth and were not ET. You used this as an opportunity to bash anyone who thinks it's possible ET life is communicating with us, or could in the near future... frankly, you don't know crap about crap. None of us do. It's PERFECTLY feasible that there are loads of advanced ET life out there (possibly very close by and even in our recent history in our solar system), honestly it'd be JUST as astounding and consequential if there wasn't. You are applying your excruciatingly limited human knowledge, which has just BARELY tapped into understanding the intricacies of space (we still don't get GRAVITY, yet), to a topic where it simply doesn't apply.

Everyone is theorizing at this point, you as well. There's no reason to crap on people who are more open minded and "hopeful" than you - it accomplishes zero. But it seems to be your favorite hobby on ATS, and it's probably more motivated by your own EGO than anything.
edit on 8-1-2012 by ConspiracyTruth because: (no reason given)

Oh really! I'm rambling?

Answer me this hypocrite:

*Is there a faster velocity then Light Speed?

Answer is NO. But even with LS ,it still too slow . This is why it would only be used for short travels. And LS isn't some human concoction, it the universal speed limit. For anything or anybody. Anything faster will create an event horizon.

* Do worm holes exist ;Is it a fact that it exists?

Answer is Yes. The problem is we don't know how to use it to create a proper Event Horizon for humans; To bend or fold space for the use in long travels. Trying to fold space isn't a human invention,we didn't invent worm holes or the concept of event horizons(its been happening way before human existence,,try looking up what happens in the quantum level),,,so folding space would be vital for "anything"(meaning your feasible aliens) trying to travel long distances(but even with wormholes its still not enough to travel in an infinite space).. .so there is,, literally a speed or travel limit in space do to its infinite size. Which is why the next FACT is most important.

**Does one's biological clock ,human or non-human, prevent one from attempting to travel in a hostile environment called space.

Answer is Yes. Its a fact. Anything that is living(I don't care what you are) has to genetically evolve and liquidate from its aging process. If one's aging then it cannot travel... Period..To do this is almost impossible. But it is possible.... Meaning if one of your feasible aliens aged 20(pick any #) times slower than humans ,it still would not be(enough) able to travel in an infinite universe. Aging is a deterrent. This is a fact for space travel.

These are three fact vital in space. Not on earth , not on any other freakin planet(including your feasible alien friends),,,,but IN SPACE!!!!

Understand that! Learn and educate yourself ,objectively , about space. It is the worst place on earth and at the same time its gorgeous.

So you can have all the hope on feasible aliens or loads of aliens out there or hope on past feasible aliens built nice estates on mars.... Lol... Its all fantasy and faith on your part buddy. And you have the gaul to tell me I don't know crap about crap. I just gave you three fact that you nor anyone can disprove. Again learn about "hostile space"

This is not a theory or guess. There is no "maybe" when it comes to hostile space,, buddy.
I am not here to crap on people,but I am here to shake your tree a bit. You'all are too emotional and ignore your god given gift of logic. Some of you call it open-minded I call it delusional.

Don't we all have an ego,,, and your point ?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1

reply to post by dilly1

I'm sorry, but I feel you're rambling and not making much sense. People replied to an article about ET-like signals hitting Earth, the story was later updated to clarify that the signals were from Earth and were not ET. You used this as an opportunity to bash anyone who thinks it's possible ET life is communicating with us, or could in the near future... frankly, you don't know crap about crap. None of us do. It's PERFECTLY feasible that there are loads of advanced ET life out there (possibly very close by and even in our recent history in our solar system), honestly it'd be JUST as astounding and consequential if there wasn't. You are applying your excruciatingly limited human knowledge, which has just BARELY tapped into understanding the intricacies of space (we still don't get GRAVITY, yet), to a topic where it simply doesn't apply.

Everyone is theorizing at this point, you as well. There's no reason to crap on people who are more open minded and "hopeful" than you - it accomplishes zero. But it seems to be your favorite hobby on ATS, and it's probably more motivated by your own EGO than anything.
edit on 8-1-2012 by ConspiracyTruth because: (no reason given)

Oh really! I'm rambling?

Answer me this hypocrite:

*Is there a faster velocity then Light Speed?

Answer is NO. But even with LS ,it still too slow . This is why it would only be used for short travels. And LS isn't some human concoction, it the universal speed limit. For anything or anybody. Anything faster will create an event horizon.

* Do worm holes exist ;Is it a fact that it exists?

Answer is Yes. The problem is we don't know how to use it to create a proper Event Horizon for humans; To bend or fold space for the use in long travels. Trying to fold space isn't a human invention,we didn't invent worm holes or the concept of event horizons(its been happening way before human existence,,try looking up what happens in the quantum level),,,so folding space would be vital for "anything"(meaning your feasible aliens) trying to travel long distances(but even with wormholes its still not enough to travel in an infinite space).. .so there is,, literally a speed or travel limit in space do to its infinite size. Which is why the next FACT is most important.

**Does one's biological clock ,human or non-human, prevent one from attempting to travel in a hostile environment called space.

Answer is Yes. Its a fact. Anything that is living(I don't care what you are) has to genetically evolve and liquidate from its aging process. If one's aging then it cannot travel... Period..To do this is almost impossible. But it is possible.... Meaning if one of your feasible aliens aged 20(pick any #) times slower than humans ,it still would not be(enough) able to travel in an infinite universe. Aging is a deterrent. This is a fact for space travel.

These are three fact vital in space. Not on earth , not on any other freakin planet(including your feasible alien friends),,,,but IN SPACE!!!!

Understand that! Learn and educate yourself ,objectively , about space. It is the worst place on earth and at the same time its gorgeous.

So you can have all the hope on feasible aliens or loads of aliens out there or hope on past feasible aliens built nice estates on mars.... Lol... Its all fantasy and faith on your part buddy. And you have the gaul to tell me I don't know crap about crap. I just gave you three fact that you nor anyone can disprove. Again learn about "hostile space"

This is not a theory or guess. There is no "maybe" when it comes to hostile space,, buddy.
I am not here to crap on people,but I am here to shake your tree a bit. You'all are too emotional and ignore your god given gift of logic. Some of you call it open-minded I call it delusional.

Don't we all have an ego,,, and your point ?

Dude, you don't get it. You're using logic based on scientific findings/understandings of TODAY to understand life that, by DEFINITION, would be thousands to millions to billions of years ahead of us. That's why all bets are off.

That's what you're not getting!!! What we KNOW today as fact won't even 100% match up to what we KNOW 10 years out. Again, we are in INFANCY of understanding the physics of time and space... Meanwhile, CERN may have already found particles that are faster than light... www.telegraph.co.uk...

Some people are just okay with imagining what's beyond the 21st century world view of things.. you don't prefer to do that - fine. But there's nothing accomplished by going on threads like these and saying the same things over and over again, it's the epitome of a circular argument.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyTruth

It doesn't matter if its 10 years or a billion years ahead of us . Its SPACE dude!!!! The laws of space don't change. Back then ,now and in the future,,,get that thru your thick skull.

All bets are off?? You're just pist off because your alien bubble is bursting . You're finally realizing all UFO's are Bullsh##. You're starting to realize how impossible it is to travel in space.

You are aware CERN is a facility to understand the micro(quantum level) world to understand the macro world..anything is possible in the micro world...Which is very plausible the possibility of particle(s) moving faster than the speed of light.

Don't be so unhappy,, its ok bud.. Someday you'll realize how right I am . Someday you'll realize its not our argument that is going in circles but the very known technology being used today or 50 years from now is being recycled,, constantly.

I really do enjoy playing tennis with you.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

I'm sorry, I try not to get snooty on these boards... but I'm beginning to really doubt your intelligence.

A) The fact that you're under the impression that we humans have somehow figured out all the laws of space and time is... well, just silly. We've only been to the moon first-hand, bud. We hardly grasp what gravity is.
B) The fact that you think micro doesn't directly affect macro is also, just, silly.
C) The fact that you think you've burst a single bubble of mine is also, very silly.

Imagine a group of dog lovers sitting around a campfire, talking about all the new things we'll learn about dogs in the next decade and even century. And discussing current studies and news stories that enlighten us more about dogs.

Then imagine some kid coming up to the campfire and saying everything you are talking about is based on your imagination. Here's what we know about dogs today: X, Y, & Z. If you flirt with any other possibilities, you're brainwashed and borderline religious about dogs.

The campfire group says... "Yes, of course we are basing these theories on imagination... what's your point? We're hypothesizing about what future science and studies and even evolution will bring to the table, and what we might find out tomorrow that is actually true today!"

The kid think he's more grounded than the campfire group because he doesn't have a passion for dogs, and so doesn't like thinking about all the mysteries that still surround them (after all, they are non humans, so our knowledge about them - as with any animal, is always expanding... and dogs are evolving along with the rest of us, to boot!)

Get over yourself. I'm not going to talk to you anymore. You make a habit of going on these threads to talk about a topic you're apparently not interested in, so you can feel good about yourself or something. Humans' understanding of space and time is immature and still evolving - it is a CERTAINTY that we'll discover things in a decade, 50 years out, and certainly hundreds and thousands of years out, that will turn certain if not all world/space views on their head. That's what history teaches us.
edit on 9-1-2012 by ConspiracyTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

reply to post by dilly1

I'm sorry, I try not to get snooty on these boards... but I'm beginning to really doubt your intelligence.

A) The fact that you're under the impression that we humans have somehow figured out all the laws of space and time is... well, just silly. We've only been to the moon first-hand, bud. We hardly grasp what gravity is.
B) The fact that you think micro doesn't directly affect macro is also, just, silly.
C) The fact that you think you've burst a single bubble of mine is also, very silly.

Imagine a group of dog lovers sitting around a campfire, talking about all the new things we'll learn about dogs in the next decade and even century. And discussing current studies and news stories that enlighten us more about dogs.

Then imagine some kid coming up to the campfire and saying everything you are talking about is based on your imagination. Here's what we know about dogs today: X, Y, & Z. If you flirt with any other possibilities, you're brainwashed and borderline religious about dogs.

The campfire group says... "Yes, of course we are basing these theories on imagination... what's your point? We're hypothesizing about what future science and studies and even evolution will bring to the table, and what we might find out tomorrow that is actually true today!"

The kid think he's more grounded than the campfire group because he doesn't have a passion for dogs, and so doesn't like thinking about all the mysteries that still surround them (after all, they are non humans, so our knowledge about them - as with any animal, is always expanding... and dogs are evolving along with the rest of us, to boot!)

Get over yourself. I'm not going to talk to you anymore. You make a habit of going on these threads to talk about a topic you're apparently not interested in, so you can feel good about yourself or something. Humans' understanding of space and time is immature and still evolving - it is a CERTAINTY that we'll discover things in a decade, 50 years out, and certainly hundreds and thousands of years out, that will turn certain if not all world/space views on their head. That's what history teaches us.

Your intelligence is proving my point. Thank you by the way.

A) gravity is a huge issue in traveling thru space. What we know about gravity is enough for us to know we need an extraordinary amount of thrust to pierce thru gravity which comes from all planets,stars, solar systems , galaxies and binary-galaxies(duhhh),,,,,, basically Gravity sucks.. So when you say 'we don't even know all about gravity'; we know enough to know its a huge deterrent for anything deciding to travel throughout it. Its obvious you know nothing about gravity or you choose to ignore all the info on it.

B) so how does the micro affect the macro,,,silly? Cause if it does ,then why haven't you presented your new break thru model to Nasa or AQA?

C) sure sounds like it has

Sorry to burst your bubble ,AGAIN, but your dog metaphor is mute. All dogs evolved (by man intervention) from the wolf. And all breeds were created by MAN. And your point is???

So the kid coming and acting like me is irrelevant. Again,, breeding dogs are controlled by MAN. Space cannot be controlled by man or by any other feasible alien. You can't control space. Space controls you,,UNLESS,, one discovers new physics to accomplish my 3 universal points. The problem is you hate the fact that someone other than yourself(on ATS) figured out the OBVIOUS!!!

Off course human perception and gnosis of space is evolving,, and?? That doesn't mean the obvious obstacles in space will become easier with time....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad this thread is unpopular. If it was, the mods would have either closed this thread or banned all my posts. I love this wonderful debate we're having. We are definitely an item.. Don't you think?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
More about it from Space.com: www.space.com...

"Even though these signals are interference, detecting events with similar characteristics to what we expect from ET is a good indication that the first steps of our detection algorithms are working properly," the scientists wrote.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

"Even though these signals are interference, detecting events with similar characteristics to what we expect from ET is a good indication that the first steps of our detection algorithms are working properly," the scientists wrote.

Wow the last quote of the article has no substance ,nothing to do with point of the article!!!. The point is the possibilties of communicating with other planets(lol!!!!!) Which is still in its infancy.

Here's another quote: "but don't get too excited"

But ignore poor old me,, Just read the comments below the article!!! Talking about reading an article way too fast. You're just dying to find anything to confirm your alien fantasy.

I am pretty sure any logical person would say the possibility for life to exist else is very possible. Preaching to the choir.

But intelligent life??

But intelligent life figuring out how to travel in hostile space??

You are ,,stretching it dude!

You still don't get it!! It doesn't matter if we fined intelligent life in a planet. Traveling in space is too difficult. Don't believe me ask a "radio frequency"(if it could talk) how hard it is to travel in a hostile space. Obviously that's impossible,but you get my point; a frequency or astronaut will quickly realize space sucks from getting to point A to point B.

In conclusion your source is nothing but a wet dream. You must be a very lonely person.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1

Wow the last quote of the article has no substance ,nothing to do with point of the article!!!. The point is the possibilties of communicating with other planets(lol!!!!!) Which is still in its infancy.

Here's another quote: "but don't get too excited"

But ignore poor old me,, Just read the comments below the article!!! Talking about reading an article way too fast. You're just dying to find anything to confirm your alien fantasy.

I am pretty sure any logical person would say the possibility for life to exist else is very possible. Preaching to the choir.

But intelligent life??

But intelligent life figuring out how to travel in hostile space??

You are ,,stretching it dude!

You still don't get it!! It doesn't matter if we fined intelligent life in a planet. Traveling in space is too difficult. Don't believe me ask a "radio frequency"(if it could talk) how hard it is to travel in a hostile space. Obviously that's impossible,but you get my point; a frequency or astronaut will quickly realize space sucks from getting to point A to point B.

In conclusion your source is nothing but a wet dream. You must be a very lonely person.

Nobody is stretching anything. People are sharing news about SETI's search for ET. You can turn it into whatever angle you want, though. Yes, very lonely... married with lots of friends and family and a baby on the way. I get the point of the article, fully. It's you, my friend, that doesn't seem to "get" much about much. If you are not interested in SETI or this news story, there is no point to you posting here. This will be my LAST reply to you. You're ridiculous.

Ps - it's possible to be interested in a "futuristic" topic and even be hopeful about it, without being delusional or "believing" in it. You could tell me any scenario - that we humans are the most advanced life out there, that we are hardly the most advanced out there but centuries away from ever making contact, or etc, etc, etc, and I wouldn't be surprised! That's what's fun about this stuff.

I think you're just projecting your own obsession with trying to seem more grounded and reality-driven than some of your peers with our fun discussions.
edit on 10-1-2012 by ConspiracyTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2012 by ConspiracyTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

Not to be insulting and I'm not really going to go in to detail not being a expert in emerging physics but your assumptions are based on current understanding and physics that are now becoming recognized as not all encompassing.
1- Light speed - No one's even come close to going that fast but photons do it all the time not seen any of them causing event horizons.
-In regard to it being the speed limit I doubt human knowledge has reached it's precipice therefore that is an assumption based on current accepted scientific knowledge, consider the earth was once dictated as being flat.
2- Worm Holes if they exists where can i go see one ?
Not saying they don't but you get what I'm saying ?
3- In regard to human space travel -
-There is an enzyme produced in some frogs that prevent the formation of crystals during the freezing process.
-A virus could be modified to secrete said enzyme into a human.
-A computer chip could store the individuals brain.
-They could theoretically be thawed out and flashed on arrival after taking several hundred years to reach there destination.
-There was also a mission plan commissioned for sending a craft to are closest stellar relative with a travel time of around 64 years don't know the details. But the mission plan exists including craft design i had a copy in PDF it'll be somewhere in my TB's of backup.

I appreciate that you believe the current imposed limitations even if currently unproven whilst believing some theoretical science all of which commonly accepted and reported via the MSM this is ATS are you a dis-info junkie perhaps?,
Given emerging materials and capability's i wouldn't be so sure if i was you.
'Try And Remain Calm'

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
If you want to know about my discovery of the 2003.50hz triangle tone signal generated on the Moon and my research that I posted with supporting pics you can find it on Legendarytimes.com in their forum under New Research. It should spark your interest.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Arizonabill

I must be missing something, do you have a direct link to it?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I believe that a direct link would be legendarytimes.com.... In the bottom left is a section called forum,new.
This is the website of Ancient Aliens as seen on the History channel. I am not familiar enough as to posting on websites because I don't do it enough and I don't like some of the remarks on this one. I am supposed to make 20 replys on this site before I can post my research with the supporting informational photos so I'll see how it goes. I have around 45 years in the communication and telecommunication fields from way back when to when I retired in 2001. If you can go to the AA website and find my post there under desertrat maybe you can help me to get all that over to here. I would appreciate it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join