It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could 'chemtrails' be only......steam?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
We know that normal everyday clouds are big things that hang out in the sky for as long as wind doesn't sweep them elsewhere. Some days ago, me and others were on a road trip to another city about 60 miles away, about midway, is a nuclear power plant in the distance, emitting lots of steam. We marvelled at the great cloud of steam rising out of it, with a big obvious appearance and shape, and it just sat there. It was an ugly grey.
Yesterday, I watched my sky fill and fill, with chemtrails, from one end of the sky to the other, and just sitting there in tictactos, x's, parallels. While this was occurring, I also watched a jet leave a -contrail-, like I always was familiar with since childhood. a very short trail that stays and stays short, and never lengthens nor lingers.
Therefore. How come jets are leaving steam all over the sky since the mid '90's? Has there been a change in the propulsion and feul? I don't want to be helping out the debunkers though, if these trails are chems, so, what is the evidence that many but not all, jets, are belching steam, and what is the evidence of this new kind of propulsion and feul then? This info should be open, easily accessible, and not classified, therefore.
I know that in the 19th century, there was the steam locomotive, but now in the 21st century there are steam locomotives that fly? So to speak. I'm not being obnoxious, I'm open to the truth about the trails.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
No. Contrails are not steam, they are composed of ice crystals.

While you may not remember persistent contrails, they have been observed since the very early days of aviation.

From 1919:

The second German sighting occurred on May 9, 1919, when a pilot flying over Berlin at about 26,000 feet noticed the generation of a cloud stream that extended for about forty miles behind his plane. This stream eventually spread out to form a cloud layer that was about 3,000 feet thick. The pilot saw a similar phenomenon two days later.
www.accessmylibrary.com...

From 1940:

A few months later I witnessed the Battle of Britain taking place over my head in the July, August and September 1940. Being in SE London we had a grandstand view of the titanic struggle going on day aftr day with the intricate patterns of the contrails the most evident witness to the dog fights taking place.
www.bbc.co.uk... Short contrails do not produce intricate patterns.

1944:

So an airplane at great heights leaves behind it, stretching for endless miles, a visible "wake" composed of ice particles so tiny that they do not fall as snow but remain suspended in the air.
Source

From 1947:

Photo taken by Jerry Cole, combat aerialphotographer in the 390th Bomb Group at Framlingham Air Base in England. He is looking for a print from the original negative he shot around January 1944 or before. It shows contrails of P-47's crossing each other in the background and a B-17 in the foreground.

scoutbird.tripod.com...

From 1968:

Daily, for example, hundreds of jet planes crisscross the nation or great parts of it, often leaving fluffy contrails of water vapor, manmade clouds, as a signature of their passage.

Some contrails soon dissapate. Others turn into or are soon followed by high cirruse clouds that can and do influence the earth's heat balance with the sun.

news.google.com...,2068835&dq=contrails+cirrus&hl=en

From 1970:

The spreading out of jet contrails into extensive cirrus sheets is a familiar sight. Often, when persistent conditions exist from 25,000 to 40,000ft, several long contrails increase in number and gradually merge into an almost solid interlaced sheet.

journals.ametsoc.org...

Henry Wadsworth Hinkle, hired man down on the farm with Uncle Clarence and Aunt Martha, looked skyward a few days ago and was awed by the multiplicity of "vapor trails," as he called them. That's the old name. Now they are called contrails-short for condensation trails-resulting from the condensation of heat flowing from high-flying jet engines.

Source

A 43-year-old novice sailor said today that he followed jet contrails over the Atlantic to help him navigate after his sextant was smashed six days out of Pymouth, England.
Source He didn't follow jets, he followed contrails. You can't follow a short contrail.

1972:

Then there is the matter of cloudiness. The familiar contrails often left by high-flying planes might persist for a long time under some conditions.
Source

From 1973:

Often, after several clear days, high flying jets begin leaving condensation trails in the sky. These "contrails" are the result of the condensation of water vapor that accompanies engine combustion at high altitudes.
Source

He occasionally looked out the window at the earth and noted geographical locations. "We're coming over Europe and I've never seen so many jet plane contrails in my life," he reported
Source

Shore was no naïf; he recognized the irony of many of his images. One of the cleverest is "U.S. 97, South of Klamath Falls, Oregon, July 21, 1973," which depicts a desolate spot of road where a billboard displays a snowcapped-mountain scene — against actual mountains in the distance. The billboard image seems to emerge from the land itself. Along with a cattle gate and a sky with blown-out contrails, the billboard is a tired and shabby advertisement for America itself.
www.pitch.com...

Contrails, 1965;
The Outer Limits, about half a minute into it.

Twilight Zone 1985, at 8:56 and 13:13.

edit on 1/6/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
After all the irrefutable evidence that has been put out on the web proving beyond doubt that chemicals and metals are being sprayed over us you still believe it may be steam?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Wrong.

After all the irrefutable evidence that has been put out on the web proving beyond doubt that chemicals and metals are being sprayed over us....

Not a shred of "evidence", much less "irrefutable". IN fact, EVERY claim of "evidence" is easily, and completely refuted!! LOL

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sorry, but just as our anecdotal stories apparently don't prove anything. The same goes for your little stories.

They don't prove anything . We live in a digital age..... where anything can be manipulated. Including articles from a magazine 50+ years ago.

And the Outer Limits episode is laughable how you can come to the conclusion that in the cloud cover there were some "contrails."

Proving Contrails exist does NOT prove Chemtrails don't exist.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
reply to post by Phage

Sorry, but just as our anecdotal stories apparently don't prove anything. The same goes for your little stories.

They don't prove anything . We live in a digital age..... where anything can be manipulated. Including articles from a magazine 50+ years ago.

One problem with that skippy. There's these things called "books" that are kept in these other things called "libraries". Some of these elusive things called books, written long ago, had pictures of persistent contrails in them.

If anything, the digital age has set the real historical record back a generation from the dittohead mentality and people not pursuing real source documents.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

Do you have an old book to recommend, likely at a Library, with pics of old contrails in it, that I could go over to my Library and check out?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

1963: "A Color Guide to Clouds"

www.amazon.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

"We live in a digital age", huh?

Ermmmmm....

Just in case you missed it.....THIS post.

Oh, and as noted, check out a library some day.....seems it's going to be worth it.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

Finally, the short and simple answer to:

Could 'chemtrails' be only......steam?

Yes.....(and no) ......but kinda, sorta......at first. (UNTIL it freezes in the extremely cold air).

But, what is "steam"? Here: en.wikipedia.org...

Essentially, regarding your description of nuclear power plant emissions, what you were seeing was simple condensation...forming "clouds"......again, it was steam at some point, as nuclear plants use water for cooling, and the water boils, and produces steam....but it cools rapidly.

Down here near the ground, it just forms water droplets.....but, a nuclear plant in very cold weather could form ice particles.

Might be thought of as similar to a contrail, in those conditions... but will probably have a different texture to them. The size and shape of the ice particles, for example. Different reasons for their formation account for differences.

Ever seen this entertaining little (short) video?:

And, this may seem interesting too:

In addition....this shows the way that "supercooled" water can form ice crystals, and in a way that is a sort of "boot-strap" process....a "chain reaction":

(Sorry about the soundtrack the guy used!!)

edit on Fri 6 January 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I think the Chemtrail theorist and Geo engineering(to an extend) theorist give waaaaaay too much credit to human advancements, lol.

Why go so far to "infect" humans?, just put it in drinks and food, seems like antibiotic and hormones are going by without much detection.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

The gap between the kettle and the cloud of "steam" is the same as the gap between the engine and a contrail.

The usage of the word "steam" differs betweens scientific and common usage.

en.wikipedia.org...

Steam is the technical term for water vapor, the gaseous phase of water, which is formed when water boils. In common language it is often used to refer to the visible mist of water droplets formed as this water vapor condenses in the presence of cooler air.

edit on 6-1-2012 by Uncinus because: usage note

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
After all the irrefutable evidence that has been put out on the web proving beyond doubt that chemicals and metals are being sprayed over us you still believe it may be steam?

What irrefutable evidence is that?

I think someone must be keeping it secret perhaps - 'cos I'm sure every bit of evidence I've ever seen seems to have been refuted pretty easily!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
LOCAL NEWS STATION CONFIRMS BARIUM IN CHEMTRAILS

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterFasting

To paraphrase Chadwickus - No they didn't

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterFasting

Well I see you are new to ATS and welcome,but do yourself a little favor and go back and go thru the older threads about this subject and educate yourself before posting a video that has been debunked numerous times before. This is just a friendly bit of advice that will help you in the end. Research is your friend.

And no chemtrails do not exist,and we are still waiting on the evidence that chemtrailers swear exists but cannot produce.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Okay here is a picture that I think shows in great detail how contrails cross and look amazing.

Here is a link that the above photo is from and it is a very good read that really helps those who think chemtrails exist to know the truth.

jazzroc.wordpress.com...

Enjoy the reading....
edit on 8-1-2012 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Contrails don't last in the sky for hours, unless it is some kind of a strange engine which puts out thick layers of aluminium and other metals in a super fine powder....

and contrails don't zig-zag or create giant clouds which appear very thin but foggy

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CrazyRaccoon

Oh, dear.....

Contrails don't last in the sky for hours.......

CONTRAILS are no different than CIRRUS CLOUDS.....and yes, cirrus clouds, as well as contrails, CAN last for "hours"....

Please DO look up the science on this....on THESE, and THOSE both!!!

......unless it is some kind of a strange engine which puts out thick layers of aluminium and other metals in a super fine powder....

OK.....Then PROVE IT!!!! Find the evidence for an "engine" that does that!! Shouldn't be that difficult.....just do it.

......and contrails don't zig-zag or create giant clouds which appear very thin but foggy.

WHICH is what happens to normal CIRRUS clouds too.....which undergo the same air currents as CONTRAILS, and these air currents are NEVER the same from day-to-day, hour to hour or week to week or month to month.....NOR are the conditions at higher altitudes.

Gosh, I wish people would go back to study meteorology!!!!! And atmospheric sciences!!! Would relieve so many of these misconceptions, right off the bat!!!! >sigh<

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyRaccoon
Contrails don't last in the sky for hours, unless it is some kind of a strange engine which puts out thick layers of aluminium and other metals in a super fine powder....

and contrails don't zig-zag or create giant clouds which appear very thin but foggy

As only the latest in a long long line of people to post this claim on here, would you like to be the first to grasp the opportunity to answer the questions "why is this the case?" or failing that "why do you believe this, where did you get it from?" or even "why do you expect a contrail to behave differently from a cirrus coud?"

Because everyone else just seems to post the statement and then not refer back to it, ever again, except maybe to repeat them and these questions always go unanswered.
edit on 10-1-2012 by waynos because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join