It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite tensions, US rescues 13 Iranian seamen from pirates

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
worldnews.msnbc.msn.com...

Well there's 13 Iranians that were happy to see the kidd! So even as the Irains try to drop some balls and show how bad ass they are their nationals still end up needing help from our evil armed forces. (of course we're happy to help.) In your face Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The World Police are still obliged to help all...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Chargeit

After looking into the Somali "pirates" i feel more pity for them. Its cool that they maybe have actually rescued these people. But if they plan to just kill them later it does not make sense to me. Good find OP

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
The World Police are still obliged to help all...
You just can't say anything nice about the U.S., can you?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
World police lol ? more like the world bent police america plant evidence make false accusations and raid country's for no valid reasons.sort of police people dont want to be around.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
13 new US spies!

Yay!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Meh, will post this in this thread, too:

LOL!

A coincidence? I don't think so. Sounds like a staged act to me in order to spread the image of the US being the good one and also that Iran now owes the Americans one.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Yea guys I saw this one and had to throw it up. So much anti America going on its nice to see us being the good guys now and then. (you know ol'Obama went out and got a few scratch offs after this one.)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Do not forget, when a distress beacon is set off it is international law that any one in the area must respond with assistance. When I was in the Navy we received several distress beacons and we had to respond, it seemed like every deployment we ended up having to go save someone. I believe there may be severe consequences to a captain that fails to respond.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

Yea I knew that it would be worked into that.
but hey. Thats why I posted it. Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
Meh, will post this in this thread, too:

LOL!

A coincidence? I don't think so. Sounds like a staged act to me in order to spread the image of the US being the good one and also that Iran now owes the Americans one.

thats exactly my feeling with this as well, this is too perfect of a time for this to happen.
star for u

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chargeit
worldnews.msnbc.msn.com...

Well there's 13 Iranians that were happy to see the kidd! So even as the Irains try to drop some balls and show how bad ass they are their nationals still end up needing help from our evil armed forces. (of course we're happy to help.) In your face Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Please either stop being 15 years old or learn to be respectful in your ignorance. All Iranian civilians do not hate the U.S. I have multiple pen pals and facebook friends from Iran. I get the truth. People that actually go to "death to america day" are a small group of hardcore Ahmadinejad supporters.
edit on 1/6/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This is what makes America what it is and a nation to remain proud of despite all that is happening. Our Navy won't stop to ask the nationality of who they're coming to assist or play any games about it when it comes time to free those they rescued. For all our faults, Americans still shine in many ways, indeed.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
This is what makes America what it is and a nation to remain proud of despite all that is happening. Our Navy won't stop to ask the nationality of who they're coming to assist or play any games about it when it comes time to free those they rescued. For all our faults, Americans still shine in many ways, indeed.

Well said, you are a patriot.

Plus, they probably did not know they were Iranians until they got there.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Chargeit

No, that event of rescueing the Iranians was made invisible by that new "time cloak"
edit on 6-1-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

I would love to assume that humanity is not lost, and your post is a joke, but as people are devolving
so will the words from their lips.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

"Too perfect of a time for this to happen"

I guess this is now the "easy, no thought" type of thinking. Instead of looking into it, or using your head,
just spout off something nasty about America. One thing for sure, you'll get stars and flags for this type of garbage.

They staged, pirates, hostages and a rescue just for guys like you..... that's logical..

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Shermanator

You're the best example of humanity! Such a kind person.

And oh, welcome to ATS.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Kemal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

lmao. yea made invisible and image of the navel crew killing dogs inserted. With a ufo fly by to add to the mix.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Keeping in mind that only a mere days ago, Iran was threatening to sink everything near the Straight flying an American flag. Now, Somali pirates in their wooden dinghys over take one of this mighty navy's boats!?
Then, to add insult to injury, we go in, kick the pirates keisters and save the Iranians.
The irony is simply too much to bear!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join