It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Footprint - 200 Million Years Old

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
let's not forget, 200 million years ago primates didn't even exist.

If you believe the modern interpretation of timelines and evolution, which I definitely do NOT.

I do believe in evolution, but there are too many anomolies to suggest that humans were NOT the first evolution of sentient life forms on the planet to ignore.

There are too many items in the archaeological and geoligical record that just can't be explained.

I think there is a massive coverup going on in the archaeology community, as anything that doesn't fit the assumed timeline just gets swept under the rug.

Star and Flag.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

COLD MOLDING TECHNOLOGY ?

Granite is a type of rock that results from the cooling of molten lava in atmospheric conditions. Basalt is the same but lava cooling under the water. This footprint cannot be in granite. If as the man is saying the foot print was made in mud which then turned in to "granite" then one can only wonder how mud can turn into such "granite". Is it possible that the mud and the foot print with in it is vitrified by a nuclear detonation ? Just another twist in the mystery of this discovery. It might be that other "granite" stones around the world are also formed out of mud ? Nature has yet to explain her secrets. Is it possible that the foot print was man made as a megolithic artifact around the same era as the pyramids in Egypt ? Perhaps as some have speculated the Egyptians knew how to create "granite" out of mud ? My theory is that ordinary mud under influence of certain frequency of sound or radio will turn into "granite". Such technology is used in industry. Industry call it "Cold Molding". "Cold Molding" means that the metal does not have to be hotted up. They simply apply the modulation via electrodes, modulate the metal, slam the mold around the lump of metal, which due to the modulation has become as soft as putty, remove the electrodes, take away the mold and there you have it. Sound vibrations can have such effects on mud ? Turning the mud into "granite" ? I believe this is a foot print from a period much nearer to our modern day. Say around the same time the pyramids were being built in Egypt ? Same "cold molding" technology ? Same civilization ?

edit on 17-1-2012 by alien because: ...off topic spam removed..

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I dont know why I do this to myself. I start to read a thread like this and 3 pages in I regret it. Im so sick and tired of you people constantly calling hoax without putting forth any real legitimate argument other than opinion. Someone has presented something that should be discussed in a constructive manner, not entirely dismissed.

For now on Im simply looking at the initial post only. Id rather look at something and have an open mind myself than to have it slammed shut by others.

Geesh

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
WOW!!! This is the first time I have ever heard of this..........
Thanks for sharing!!!

PLPL

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

amazing if its true.. how come its not in the news..

i'm also having a hard time believing that tectonic plates moved that giant slab of granite perfectly upright without breaking the debris in front of the toes.

if it is a real footprint, how tall is this human being? 1 ft = 6ft in height for todays human being .. .

so that means 4 ft = 24 ft?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
Those estimations always crack me up.. 200 million - 3 billion years old. Or 1000 Years old who knows huh?

Great vid, though! S&F for you!

the range is like based on radiometric dating. You rely on the half-life of a particular radioactive isotope that decays at a predictable rate. The selection of the isotope is made based on the material you're testing and how old it is.

You should at least consider reading a wikipedia article if you don't have time to take a college class at some point.

With regard to the "footprint," the dating is referring to the age of the rock. I think someone simply carved the rock to create the footprint recently. They should be look for tool marks.
edit on 7-1-2012 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
200 millon years ago earth had only just started growing and it would have been 1/3 its current size so 6 feet time 3 is 18 wich is in the ballpark of that things stature
Look up expanding earth

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This is extremely interesting however, there are two things that bothers me about it. First, what some others have said about the fact that if this is granite then it would need to be molten at the time to have preserved a footprint so perfectly. Second, it only have five toes. Are not giants of old supposed to have six fingers and toes?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I was very skeptical until minute 2:41 in the video where the definition becomes apparent. I don't know what to say other than it could be mere chance as granite does have the propensity to have inclusions of softer or harder rock. Of the millions of formations throughout the world, there ought to be some formations which 'look' like something unusual, or could be construed as man-made. I'm not sold here, but you will have to admit it is interesting. Certainly they must have scoured the area for any other unusual prints or out of place curiosities.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
You should read Joseph P Farrell's book called 'genes and giants'. talk about all that.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Excellent find !

S & F for this one. Something forums to follow and see where it leads.

We all love a mystery.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Anyone got a date for when this was first found?going by some peoples statements seems the natives have known about this for a while.

A few pics i found-www.panoramio.com...

In regard to the date i think it was first found in 1912 but only sources i have are other ufo/spiritual sites so far.

This link is interesting says he has found another footprint in the same area and will show it soon-consciouslifenews.com...

Regards to all
edit on 30/09/10 by FeatheredSerpent because: add link

edit on 30/09/10 by FeatheredSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The 200 million to 3 billion years old estimates are laughable.However that is an amazing footprint.Is it possible someone carved it that way somehow for a realy good hoax?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
Those estimations always crack me up.. 200 million - 3 billion years old. Or 1000 Years old who knows huh?

Great vid, though! S&F for you!

That's how carbon dating works, genius.

The older the object, the less exact the estimation.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oxygenation
Could it not simply be that the ancients in fact made an over-sized human statue as they did quite frequently back then and the foot of the statue rested in that place and the mould was created.. does it have to be an actual giant human's foot?

I think logic would tell us that human's don't grow to be that tall... and i think when the bible speaks of giants it is more to do with an allegory or metaphor regarding how great a man is in his abilities.. rather than his actual physical size...

Just my thoughts on the matter..

200-million to 3-billion year old human ancients made a statue that left a realistic footprint in solid granite?

Hey, it's possible...

But you realize the idea of civilizations that old are equally crazy to giant ancient homonids, right?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SL55T0T0
200 millon years ago earth had only just started growing and it would have been 1/3 its current size so 6 feet time 3 is 18 wich is in the ballpark of that things stature
Look up expanding earth

False.
Expanding Earth Theory is unproven and basically fraudulant.
Continental drift can easily explain why expanding earth is impossible.

Secondly, Earth expanding would not expand a footprint left behind, it would crack it up and destroy it.

If the Earth was expanding, the continents would not create the outline of what was once pangea.
edit on 7-1-2012 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
The 200 million to 3 billion years old estimates are laughable.However that is an amazing footprint.Is it possible someone carved it that way somehow for a realy good hoax?

Again.. The Carbon dating is only so accurate. Basically what he is saying is "This footprint is insanely old - so old it doesn't make sense for it to exist."

Current Carbon-Dating is only accurate up to 60,000 years. I could look for an legitimate reference, but this excerpt from wikipedia will suffice.

Samples older than the upper age-limit cannot be dated because the small number of remaining intrinsic 14C atoms will be obscured by 14C background atoms introduced into the samples while they still resided in the environment, during sample preparation, or in the detection instrument. As of 2007, the limiting age for a 1 milligram sample of graphite is about ten half-lives, approximately 60,000 years.[9] This age is derived from that of the calibration blanks used in an analysis, whose 14C content is assumed to be the result of contamination during processing (as a result of this, some facilities[9] will not report an age greater than 60,000 years for any sample). A variety of sample processing and instrument-based constraints have been postulated to explain the upper age-limit. To examine instrument-based background activities in the AMS instrument of the W. M. Keck Carbon Cycle Accelerator Mass Spectrometry Laboratory of the University of California, a set of natural diamonds were dated. Natural diamond samples from different sources within rock formations with standard geological ages in excess of 100 Ma yielded14C apparent ages 64,920 ± 430 BP to 80,000 ± 1100 BP as reported in 2007.[10]

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Another interesting read i found-www.chrissiesmeer.co.za...

The story of "goliaths foot" as told by Dr Kredo Mutwa.

I also read goliaths palm print is near the river there somewere,would love to see some pics of that,if anyone can find some?

Regards to all

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

Because obviously if there were giants roaming the Earth 200 million years ago they enjoyed a nice evening stroll through molten lava, hence the presence of this 'footprint' in granite *facepalm*

I was educated in the public school system in Mississippi, and even without a college geology class I know the definition of igneous rock

edit on 7/1/12 by Equidae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Sorry if someone has already mentioned this but, to me, at 2:38 it looks as though there could be 6 toes.
Anyone else see this?

Another thing, is that Goliath written above the foot when he first walks up?

*oh okay I see Caladonea has mentioned it being called Goliaths footprint.
edit on 6-1-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

I noticed it as well. I showed my wife and she noticed also. My friend has a 6th thumb on his right hand, it grows out at the same place as the pinky toe of the footprint. (Just below the knuckle & it is slightly shorter than his main thumb. Both work kinda like a crab claw, he plays video games like no other, and can deal cards like no other. Annunaki/Nephlim supposedly had 6 fingers/toes. It caught my eye only because I am familiar with a person who has an extra thumb, and it appears to be growing out of the same spot as my friends.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join