It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Footprint - 200 Million Years Old

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan

Originally posted by OnceReturned

I just dont see someone going through the time to hoax this. It could have been an ancient carving but if it was then why would they make the "squish out" part.

Don't tell me you've forgotten about the The Paluxy River ‘footprints’ that were spouted as Human footprints alongside dinosaurs for a long time?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
AMAZING! thank you for sharing, this is incredible. How tall do you think someone with a foot that big would be??? like 20 feet?

If their bodies were similarly proportioned to ours then they would be even bigger. 35 feet or so at the very least.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Yes the folklore about giants found worldwide in many various cultures is a good place to start with on trying to get a grip on this (*if and only if it turns out to be authentic).

It allows us to explain how megalithic sites were created using 50-500 ton stones. 20-30ft tall giants would be able to lift and carry far more weight than we small people could. However this doesn't explain the precision and master cutting technology that was employed, but then again if we are missing this entire section of history they could have also been fairly technologically advanced as well.

It's all speculation however because we simply do not have enough evidence to make any solid determinations at this point.

Maybe we need to conscript an army of a few million archaeologists and start a massive digging campaign worldwide to search for clues and evidence to help us figure this out? Without that army it could take thousands of years to find anything.

Pretty sad though honestly.
Think of all those jobs out there that are meaningless and pointless wastes.
And think of how useful our civilization could be if we devoted our resources and time to more academic pursuits such as digging for clues about our history of which we know almost nothing of.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1

Originally posted by Gwampo
AMAZING! thank you for sharing, this is incredible. How tall do you think someone with a foot that big would be??? like 20 feet?

If their bodies were similarly proportioned to ours then they would be even bigger. 35 feet or so at the very least.

Check the estimated height of the footprint again.

It is roughly between 4-5ft at best depending on the height of the man in the video.

Go with the 1/6th ratio and you will come out with 30ft maximum estimate.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I'm 6 feet 2 inches tall. I'm a size 11 UK which is a big shoe but if you like I can measure my feet in inches later for you to and I can calculate it properly. But what I will tell you is that this supposed 1/6 ratio does not apply to me and I am properly proportioned. If anything it would be more like 1/8 or 1/9.

And I know it's early, but there's no need for you to be grumpy

edit on 7-1-2012 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
people assume too much:
is carbon dating really that precise?
is that actually a "foot"print?
can we trust the source after the known fraud of Global Warming? (read corrupted scientists)
where does this researchers money come from?
ad nauseum...
Point being-great discrepancies in the continuum demand an horrific amount of proof, I don't
see it here.
Don't bother with the "sheeple" comments, I've been doing analitical thinking before most of you were born.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Michael Tellinger has stated something very interesting in other videos i've seen. I hope people that are interested in ancient cultures will take special note.

He has highlighted in a few videos that there is these ancient what looks like biological cells imprinted in the land of ancient africa. Not that they are cell but looks like it. Kind of like Gobekli Tepe. It could be over 100,000 years to 200, 300 thousand years old. If any of your get a chance check this stuff out and how there could be a tie in.

I think there is something that could be of stellar importance in our early history that might be a key in understanding how we came about.

Please, this is something that I hope somebody here at ATS could magnify and come up with new ideas. So though this is not about giants. I really need to mention it because now we find that Gobekli Tepe is the oldest known building to have monolithic structures. Again these anicent cell like imprints in africa have most interesting similarities.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
It doesn't seem proportionate to me, assuming the Giant did step in mud, the shape of the foot where the ball of the foot would be seems to curve higher than the arch should be and its too narrow. Also, the toes look skinny and the rocks around the foot have the same weather patterns. It just doesn't looks like a natural foot imprint to me...

My best guess is that someone saw a rock that resembled a huge foot and so they decided to make it really look like one...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

This is what a real dinosaur footprint looks like

It is from a quarry in my town in New Jersey It is in a sandstone formation overlaid by baaltic lava

Pay attention to the picture

www.aolnews.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1
reply to post by muzzleflash

I'm 6 feet 2 inches tall. I'm a size 11 UK which is a big shoe but if you like I can measure my feet in inches later for you to and I can calculate it properly. But what I will tell you is that this supposed 1/6 ratio does not apply to me and I am properly proportioned. If anything it would be more like 1/8 or 1/9.

And I know it's early, but there's no need for you to be grumpy

edit on 7-1-2012 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

Size 11 UK is size 12 US. That's about 12 inches, or one foot.

You are 6 foot tall, so therefore the 1/6th ratio works out very accurately for you.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Granite is formed inside the Earth. It is only in a plastic state while it is hot, liquid magma. Now how in the heck is some giant going to be inside the earth with his foot in hot magma? I propose that this footprint is man made by people working an existing natural point of exfoliation that resembled a foot to include the toes.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I'm in South africa and I know that foot print is genuine.Many indegenous South African people don't were shoes and their foot has to get used to the environment.Great vid.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
About all the comments for granite being molten rock that cooled, so if it's real the big person (the politically correct term for giants) would have stepped on lava, that's possible.

I imagine, after the volcanoes spewed out lava, a big person taking a walk across a field where he or she believes is cooled lava, and then stepping on a weak crust of lava. This would explain how the footprint survived for so long. It would also explain how the 4 smaller toes are shorter in the footprint, because the lava cooked them off on contact.

That had to hurt. I wonder if the big person survived the trip?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
"200 million - 3 billion years"
and its perfect so for 200 million years NO weathering took place.

i hear granite, my brain says it has to be titanium for the said rock to be that hard.

anyway i nearly fell of my chair laughing, sure it would be a cool tourist attraction and maybe I'll go there someday for its a natural phenomena.

Next table mountain was where the "first supper" was held?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
It could be just a natural stone formation.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
Were they giants that looked like humans??

I Guess we have to Wait for the New Ridly Scott movie called Prometheus that will be out

That may explain Creation of Man kind !! and the Space Jockey !
much like the Anunnaki creation of man kind
Space jockey

Space Jockey ????? Look Towards Far Right

Anunnaki sitting

Alien SPACE JOCKEY scene

Ok Hollywood whats the Scoop

--- Spoiler Waring ---

ok from what ive read

Rumor that is going Around ..
The Movie --Prometheus-- has to do with Giants, Bioengineering Terra forming the our planet for our Creation and Us finding and going to meet our Maker!

yes yes Fiction I know! ....

It reminded me of those Tales of the Anunnaki doing the same thing 450,00 years ago!

Then we have the Bible saying Giants !! let alone the rest of Religion and culture

tho no Confirmed bones have been shown to the Public of Humanoid Giants (Over 10 feet)

tho we have Robert Wadlow that was 8,11 Inch away from 9 feet but by disease Pituitary Disorder

Robert Wadlow
en.wikipedia.org...

Interesting
The Giant Chart

But this Guy did exist ! well from mandible remains and a Tooth .. that has been found ..
as a estimate to be 10 feet & 1,200 pounds
Gigantopithecus.

Gigantopithecus
en.wikipedia.org...

Characteristics Gigantopithecus's method of locomotion is uncertain, as no pelvic or leg bones have been found. The dominant view is that it walked on all fours like modern gorillas and chimpanzees; however, a minority opinion favor bipedal locomotion, most notably championed by the late Grover Krantz, but this assumption is based only on the very few jawbone remains found, all of which are U-shaped and widen towards the rear. This allows room for the windpipe to be within the jaw, allowing the skull to sit squarely upon a fully erect spine like modern humans, rather than roughly in front of it, like the other great apes. Largely due to Krantz' hypothesis, some believe that Bigfoot (Sasquatch) and other bipedal apelike cryptids are descended from, or are members of this genus.[citation needed] The majority view is that the weight of such a large, heavy animal would put enormous strain on the creature's legs, ankles and feet if it walked bipedally; while if it walked on all four limbs, like gorillas, its weight would be better distributed over each limb.

edit on 7-1-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

That is a huge print but its most likely some gimmick.... could have made that print a few days ago!!

And the estimation is a bit dodgy.... 200 million to 3 billion years old? Thats a bit of a huge gap dont you think?

Anyway, i'd have to see this thing close up for real to be certain its not fake!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
So let me look,

ah a footprint from molten lava, rather unlikely that either the beast would stand there or that the print in molten MOVING lava would remain.

Add to that, the footprint is anatomically incorrect for a walking foot, its flat...

Needs to be added to the other Giants hoaxes over the years ie the photo's of huge skeletons in dig sites...lol..

Too many people out there trying to capitalise on stories in the Bible and other fictional based books

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
what bothered me was that he said "...and geologists will tell you...." meaining he's an amature?
Sorry but I thought the heel should have been deeper than the toes. I think it's a strange natural occurance because of the amount of water still flowing there. Would love for it to be real.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The guy in the vid is Michael Tellinger a south african author one of his books he has published is called Slave Species of god check it out sometime it makes for a very interesting read.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join