It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Footprint - 200 Million Years Old

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Humanoid giants were the result of unholy unions,the mutated offspring conceived and born during a time when fallen angels came to earth in the shape of men,demons in disguise who mated with human women and the giants those earthly women gave birth to were destroyed within the world wide deluge and they may have been intentionally annihilated at the same time as the the giant dinosaurs were purposefully killed off...
edit on 6-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
For anyone to think we have discovered EVERYTHING buried beneath the earth's surface is simply absurd.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by JimmyNeutron

It leads to evolution; away from made up creationism and giants

You put a lot of thought into that response. Nice assertion -> Prove it!
edit on 6-2-2012 by JimmyNeutron because: Added a sly insult...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChakaBoy
For anyone to think we have discovered EVERYTHING buried beneath the earth's surface is simply absurd.
So very true and think about it,the deepest anyone has ever gone down into a cave is only around 2 miles and the deepest hole ever drilled is only around 7.5 miles deep and theres about 4,000 miles from the earths surface straight down to its core,which means without any doubt that we are more or less totally oblivious to who and what might be down there,we do not know...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by JimmyNeutron
Hmmm... That doesn't wash. When we're talking about things in specific weights and specific materials in conjunction with specific battles, these are not things of myth and legend.

Actually, they can be. Take for example the image of King Arthur as a knight on a horse.

IF the real King Arthur lived, he lived during a time when hauberks and ring mail and boiled leather was the technology for making armor -- not plate metal. Excalibur would have been the size of a Roman gladius, not a longsword (those came well over 500 years later.)

And I don't think you've actually done your homework on this one either. There actually is quite a body of "evidence" indicative of populations of men of much larger stature peppered throughout many historical documents that are completely separate from the Bible.

Evidence isn't based on documents (otherwise we'd have to believe that Hogwarts absolutely exists and you can get to it by running into walls at a train station in England.)

We don't have graveyards of giants. We have thousands of Egyptian mummies, we have thousands of bodies from Peru, there are millions of graves in Europe and the Americas -- but no single city or graveyard full of people who wee mostly or only giants.

You dismiss them as equivalent to Harry Potter without even knowing which documents I am referring to... These are histories compiled by people like Marco Polo, Josephus, and many others. All credible and respected. I'm not talking about fantasy docs. Please don't insult anyone's intelligence without doing real homework and repeating things you have been spoon fed.

edit on 6-2-2012 by JimmyNeutron because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

It leads to evolution; away from made up creationism and giants

You put a lot of thought into that response. Nice assertion -> Prove it!
edit on 6-2-2012 by JimmyNeutron because: Added a sly insult...

I have, decades worth - now go see the creationist forum where this subject is debated endlessly and ad nauseum. This is the Ancient and lost civilization forum

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I have, decades worth - now go see the creationist forum where this subject is debated endlessly and ad nauseum. This is the Ancient and lost civilization forum

Yes... And the topic is related to the OP. I have no interest in debating with you on the topic. It would be a waste of both of our time.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

You dismiss them as equivalent to Harry Potter without even knowing which documents I am referring to... These are histories compiled by people like Marco Polo, Josephus, and many others. All credible and respected. I'm not talking about fantasy docs. Please don't insult anyone's intelligence without doing real homework and repeating things you have been spoon fed.

This subject is one of the most well research and has been constantly debated for several centuries due to it being mentioned in the bible. There are human giants, you can see them today, they existed in the past. However there is no hard evidence for RACES of giants who are genetically different from humans and who were beyond the size range we see today - which is what I think you are referring too.

edit on 6/2/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChakaBoy

No one thinks that!

What we base our present knowledge on is what we currently have. If something new is found it is incorporated into the 'data base' and become orthodox. Note how the discovery of the 'Hobbit' is now part of our present knowledge while 20 years ago it was unheard of.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
Well in Islam it's also said that there once were giants on Earth.
point me to the surahs and ill make a youtube video on it and post it here lol

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BulletShogun

You'll find in the Hadiths the tale about Adam being 30 (meters) tall

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

point me to wich ones lol the qurans right here

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

This subject is one of the most well research and has been constantly debated for several centuries due to it being mentioned in the bible. There are human giants, you can see them today, they existed in the past. However there is no hard evidence for RACES of giants who are genetically different from humans and who were beyond the size range we see today - which is what I think you are referring too.

I agree that this is one of the most well researched topics. And I don't deny at all that we have ample current examples of humans of much larger stature than your average man who are genetically no different.

However, at least anecdotally, there seem to be a fair number of stories and missing artifacts/skeletons that represent something other than Homo Sapiens as we know it today. I grant you that they may fall under the same category as energy conspiracy theorists that refer to breakthroughs in tapping into zero point etc..., but for some strange reason nothing ever really materializes but a hope and a dream.

Anyway, if they existed, I can't say whether or not they would be genetically different. I will, however, speculate that it is possible considering the recent findings that modern homo sapiens of European & Asian descent seem to have interbred with Neanderthals. Orthodox theory assured us that this was not possible.

Clearly this is wild speculation and you very likely have an excellent point. I merely find it very hard to explain away many of the credible historical references.

Also, truly apologize about the comment about insulting people's intelligence. I just reread it and it was inflammatory. I try to keep that kind of thing out of my posts.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Anyway, if they existed, I can't say whether or not they would be genetically different. I will, however, speculate that it is possible considering the recent findings that modern homo sapiens of European & Asian descent seem to have interbred with Neanderthals.

Orthodox theory assured us that this was not possible.

I believe that for an effective 'warrior' race of 9 foot + giants they would need to be mutations of humans - our present crop of large humans appear to be rather fragile and clumsy....but that is just speculation on my part....who knows we may find such a race in the future...

Orthodox theory assured us that this was not possible.

Some thought that some didn't without DNA research we wouldn't have known for sure - we now know

Clearly this is wild speculation and you very likely have an excellent point. I merely find it very hard to explain away many of the credible historical references.

Pious fraud and the influence of the bible, Hadiths and other religious sources that speak of such giants. That is a powerful force to create such stories or to misrepresent real discoveries. In the 70's I worked with some LDS archaeologist who were driven to near madness because they couldn't link the Maya and earlier cultures to what the BOM said.

Also, truly apologize about the comment about insulting people's intelligence. I just reread it and it was inflammatory. I try to keep that kind of thing out of my posts

No offense taken and no problem friend!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

point me to wich ones lol the qurans right here

You have to go down a few paragraphs

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall. When He created him, He said to him, "Go and greet that group of angels, and listen to their reply, for it will be your greeting (salutation) and the greeting (salutations of your offspring." So, Adam said (to the angels), As-Salamu Alaikum (i.e. Peace be upon you). The angels said, "As-salamu Alaika wa Rahmatu-l-lahi" (i.e. Peace and Allah's Mercy be upon you). Thus the angels added to Adam's salutation the expression, 'Wa Rahmatu-l-lahi,' Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble Adam (in appearance and figure). People have been decreasing in stature since Adam's creation. (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 55, Number 543)

Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, "The first group of people who will enter Paradise, will be glittering like the full moon and those who will follow them, will glitter like the most brilliant star in the sky. They will not urinate, relieve nature, spit, or have any nasal secretions. Their combs will be of gold, and their sweat will smell like musk. The aloes-wood will be used in their centers. Their wives will be houris. All of them will look alike and will resemble their father Adam (in statute), sixty cubits tall." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 55, Number 544)

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The first group of my Ummah to get into Paradise would be like a full moon in the night. Then those who would be next to them; they would be like the most significantly glittering stars in regard to brightness, then after them (others) in ranks. They would neither void excrement, nor pass water, nor suffer from catarrh, nor would they spit. And their combs would be made of gold, and the fuel of their braziers would be aloes and their sweat would be musk and their form would be the form of one single person according to the length of their father sixty cubits tall. This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Ibn Abi Shaiba with a slight variation of wording. (Sahih Muslim, Book 040, Number 6796, cf. No. 6795)

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, created Adam in His own image with His length of sixty cubits, and as He created him He told him to greet that group, and that was a party of angels sitting there, and listen to the response that they give him, for it would form his greeting and that of his offspring. He then went away and said: Peace be upon you! They (the angels) said: May there be peace upon you and the Mercy of Allah, and they made an addition of" Mercy of Allah". So he who would get into Paradise would get in the form of Adam, his length being sixty cubits, then the people who followed him continued to diminish in size up to this day. (Sahih Muslim, Book 040, Number 6809; cf. Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 74, Number 246)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Pious fraud and the influence of the bible, Hadiths and other religious sources that speak of such giants. That is a powerful force to create such stories or to misrepresent real discoveries.

Agreed, but I'm not ready to be completely dismissive. I'm an engineer by training and like to deal in hard, verifiable facts normally. However, I've seen just enough anomalous stuff that doesn't fit neatly into my preconceived notions of reality that I'll entertain stuff that may be fantasy until it is so thoroughly debunked that the position or belief is untenable.

c'est le vie - thanks for the dialogue, it was fun.

In the 70's I worked with some LDS archaeologist who were driven to near madness because they couldn't link the Maya and earlier cultures to what the BOM said.

Okay - Now that's just funny...

**** I just noticed the quote in your signature - love it. ****

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

For Jimmy and other lurkers who may not be aware of the controversy between the Book of Mormon and the observed archaeological record of the Americas

A wiki summary of the dispute or issue of archaeology vs the Book of Mormon

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

reply to post by Oxygenation

So, if the Bible's references to giants are metaphorical, why do the authors go to great lengths to describe the weight & size of each piece of armament or weapon for these giants that aren't really giants?

I'm so sick of hearing this "metaphorical" crap! Don't just parrot something some evolutionist asserted - look it up for yourself.

At this time there is no archaeological evidence for races of 'Giants', there are human giants, men of large size and stature but not races of them.
No evidence?...Hmmmmm?...Lets see...

"There were giants in the earth in those days and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men and they bare children to them,the same became mighty men which were of old,men of renown...Genesis 6:4 > www.stevequayle.com...

Russian Scientists Discover Evidence of Giants Existence > www.pureinsight.org...

Here we take a look at some of the still available evidence that men of giant stature,even larger and more robust than neanderthal man existed in the past > www.s8int.com...

47 inch human femur > www.omniology.com...

Archaeological Coverups > www.onelight.com...

Giant humans and dinosaurs > www.biblebelievers.org.au...
edit on 23-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)
Theres at least a hundred hushed up and supressed,out of place and out of time,anomalous artifacts and discoveries in the above links...Especially this one > www.s8int.com... > with 28 pages of evidence...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Theres at least a hundred hushed up and supressed,out of place and out of time,anomalous artifacts and discoveries in the above links

ah, if it's hushed up and supressed how is it that you can link to a publicly accessible webpage where they are all listed - many of these were listed before in print media going back into the 1880s.

Whoever is doing the 'suppression' really, really sucks at it!

LOL

Here is a challenge, pick any three that you have personally researched and verified and post them in another thread. Explain if you would why you think they are valid. Thanks

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Because the instant access to information that the internet provides has changed the world...

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join