It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Footprint - 200 Million Years Old

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by wmd_2008

Do I really have to have Robert exhumed ?

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absense.

I would think you know that.
edit on 9-1-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

No as I know about him at 8 ft 11.1 inches tall he is the TALLEST confirmed human ever but have a look here and see what most of these really tall humans have in common.

villageofjoy.com...

Most have medical problems with walking and die at a fairly young age.
Still no evidence shown for the mythical giants quote at the start of this thread!
So I will ask again why no skeletons of these super giants, I think we ALL know why!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

There are an awful lot of giants skeletons that were so old they fell to dust upon discovery. Do you yourself know of any that were documented ? Does anyone ? I will look and see what I can find. Why don't you do the same ?

Except that god is the joke!!

Maybe so to you but was that post really necessary ? Seems the joke is on you if you think about it. Cause it only shows what you don't know for me.

Like the fact I brought up it not being a joke just to see who would be ignorant enough to bite.

Hence the screen name Randyvious

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by Kemal
Well in Islam it's also said that there once were giants on Earth.
Yeah, the Bible also states that there were giants so big that regular humans felt like grasshoppers in their sight.

Ah, so you read those fairytales?
Yeah, I was a christian for over 20 years.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Michael Telliger has posted on Hugh Newman's Facebook Page speaking about this original video.

GIANT FOOT PRINT - There Were Giants On Earth - Some people still ridicule this as a fake and claim that it was carved. Well, you can take a horse to the water but you can't make it drink. This amazing footprint in rough granite was discovered in 1912 by a farmer called Stoffel Coetzee while hunting in what was called the Eastern Transvaal. In those days it was a very remote area teeming with wild life. The possibility hat this was carved as some kind of prank is zero. On my first trip to find this print, Darryl and I accidentally found what we believe to be another footprint, even larger than this one - of a right foot. i will share that later.

Hugh Newman is one of the founders of Megolithomania.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Giant Gorilla. Some other giant type ape. Could be anything. But without a doubt that is a 100% genuine ancient fossil of a four foot long humanoid foot.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

What a great post wavemaker. I keep coming back and checking it out. It is a huge human footprint in rock, so thst tells me we don't know as much about that age as we thought..

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Giants were the abominable result of the mating of dimensional beings who took form in a way that allowed them to mate with earth women and produce a race of giants. I doubt if the women volunteered and one shudders to imagine what they went through to deal with such a horror.

It is well accepted by many, including at least one fomer astronuat, that UFO's in some cases may be jumping dimensions or levels of perception rather than traveling across vast distances in space. The Bible as well as the Koran detail giants in the history of ancient times and in many preflood cultures. it is ridiculous to believe that man evolved ( if you believe in evolution ) from apes then surely selective breeding among the stronger of the species would produce LARGER offspring over the eons insted of downsizing to current size as we exist.

If you do not accept evolution but accept adaptibility the physical evidence supports your instincts. There is more than enough evidence of modern man existing in pre-history and not as cavemen with thick skulls wondering how to light a fire! Dinosaurs were just giant lizards, and giant chimera's produced from an outrageous and brutal forced or agreed upon unions with a huge speciews from another realm. There efforts were twarted in the flood, where smaller species were more likley to survive a deluge, being lighter and more agile.At any rate, they became extinct..good riddance.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
No one get excited, that is a 100% NATURAL formation caused by raid runoff in granite. Granite is formed deep within the earths crust and is NEVER left in a soupy puddle at the surface where any 'giant' could step in it. It's forced to the surface and as it cools it hardens. Through constant pressure often caused by volcanic activity below the surface. It creeps to the surface and often leaves massive mounds of exposed granite. As time goes on, erosion takes its course and the granite deteriorates.

A perfect example, is in this video where he's walking. The location in which he's walking is actually where granite would have laid previously. As time goes on these granite slabs grind slowly down-slope, as gravity pulls them down. As the slabs move away from one another, they open up fissures and those fissures begin to take on water. This water follows its natural flow over coarse material, taking the path of least resistance. This in turn causes ridges.

Now look at the picture...you can see the ridges that define the toes. Thats where the rock is naturally more coarse...probably more concentrated with quartz and feldspar than the areas that used to make up the toes.

If you need geologic examples of this occurring elsewhere in the world, look at Ayers Rock in Australia, Stone Mountain outside of Atlanta, GA and Enchanted Rock in Fredericksburg, TX. I actually live nearby Enchanted Rock and have studied it intensely throughout Geology school and am very familiar with the formation that has been proposed in this thread to be a "giant's footprint."

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

Well sir i disagree and figure you better go back to your computer generated geology model! The picture trumps your crystal ball. Maybe it was soft, then the ice age, and the pressure compressed it hard? I have no idea about how, but i got a pretty good idea of what, that picture is, a giant footprint. Probably would find the right foot about 30 yards up ahead!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sharpenmycleats
reply to post by Xterrain

Well sir i disagree and figure you better go back to your computer generated geology model! The picture trumps your crystal ball. Maybe it was soft, then the ice age, and the pressure compressed it hard? I have no idea about how, but i got a pretty good idea of what, that picture is, a giant footprint. Probably would find the right foot about 30 yards up ahead!

May be in the bible thumper belt of America but have you actually found out how granite is formed

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

No as I know about him at 8 ft 11.1 inches tall he is the TALLEST confirmed human ever but have a look here and see what most of these really tall humans have in common.

villageofjoy.com...

Still no evidence shown for the mythical giants quote at the start of this thread!
So I will ask again why no skeletons of these super giants, I think we ALL know why!!!

People always ask where are the bones??....Show me a skeleton!!

I say!!....Ever heard of cremation??

Ancient Cremation Archaeological evidence shows cremation rituals dating back to ancient times. In classical antiquity, cremation was a military procedure and thus was associated with battlefield honors. Both cremation and the interment of cremated remains are described in Homer's Iliad and Odyssey, both dating from the eighth century B.C.E. The seventeenth-century French painter Nicolas Poussin echoed another classical story in his masterpiece The Ashes of Phocion, perhaps the most famous of all cremation-linked paintings, in which a faithful wife gathers the ashes of her husband, an improperly shamed leader who was cremated without the proper rites. The ritual cremation of Roman emperors involved the release of an eagle above the cremation pyre to symbolize his deification and the passing of the emperor-god's spirit. The reasons for shifts between cremation and burial in classical times are not always apparent; fashion or even the availability of wood may have been involved.

source

This is my take on the lack of bones!!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerozero00

Originally posted by wmd_2008

villageofjoy.com...

People always ask where are the bones??....Show me a skeleton!!

I say!!....Ever heard of cremation??

Ancient Cremation Archaeological evidence shows cremation rituals dating back to ancient times. In classical antiquity, cremation was a military procedure and thus was associated with battlefield honors. Both cremation and the interment of cremated remains are described in Homer's Iliad and Odyssey, both dating from the eighth century B.C.E. The seventeenth-century French painter Nicolas Poussin echoed another classical story in his masterpiece The Ashes of Phocion, perhaps the most famous of all cremation-linked paintings, in which a faithful wife gathers the ashes of her husband, an improperly shamed leader who was cremated without the proper rites. The ritual cremation of Roman emperors involved the release of an eagle above the cremation pyre to symbolize his deification and the passing of the emperor-god's spirit. The reasons for shifts between cremation and burial in classical times are not always apparent; fashion or even the availability of wood may have been involved.

source

This is my take on the lack of bones!!

So every single member of this 40 foot tall hominid species that inexplicably existed 200 million years ago cremated each other? And apparently has the intellectual capacity to want to provide burial rites for their dead? And who while being socially advanced, and apparently having a concept of the metaphysical (due to the apparent burial rites), left no other traces of an intelligent hominid such as trinkets, tools, art, or dwellings? And somehow avoided being eaten to extinction by the multitudes of dinosaurs that were roaming around during the Triassic-Jurassic period (since they were too big to hide, but not exactly a formidable foe to the large predatory dinosaurs (remember the size difference between a human and a lion is much less pronounced than a giant ape and an carnivorous reptile and all the other beasties that called this era home?) And also overcame the crippling inadequacies of the hominid frame accommodating a body that large while somehow maintaining a footprint that is exactly like a humans only monstrously larger (humans with growth disorders often find themselves unable to walk once their frames are stretched beyond the 7 1/2 foot mark despite growing at an equal rate with the rest of their frame)?

People trot out gigantopithecus as the biggest ape that ever lived, but remember they never even got past the 10 foot mark. And for some reason magically jumped from the small rodent like mammalians who were our earliest true mammal ancestors to large, highly social, and intelligent hominids? And avoided leaving a single fossil during the massive extinction even that marked the boundary between those periods and the Cretaceous?

And this is the most likely scenario if this is somehow a footprint (ignoring the realities of granite formation) since otherwise you would be looking at a species who independently evolved a hominid foot before inexplicably going extinct, only to have a matching foot evolve millions of years later? And since this rock is potentially billions of years old you would be faced with having hominids evolve before there were even mammals or vertebrates. Otherwise you have aliens who for some reason like strolling through magma, or angels/nephilim that, despite their apparently strength since this is solid granite, left no other traces?

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 10/1/12 by Equidae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
This is not a giant's footprint because the giants were descendents of the fallen watchers who all have 6 fingers.

www.rense.com...
"There are numerous accounts that the giants possessed six fingers on each hand".
or
2 Samual 20 And there was yet a battle in Gath, where was a man of great stature, that had on every hand six fingers, and on every foot six toes, four and twenty in number; and he also was born to the giant.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Watts

No one has ever accidentally stepped in lava ever in history? Oh.

Of course! that's what I thought. Could have been an accident, could have been some type ritual, or he could have been placed in it as a type punishment. OR there is a moment before it cools that it is bearable, though still hot. It's plausible.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
HOAX! That is the flattest foot ever. No dermal ridges. No arch. Not even the heel, which carries the most weight, is rounded out. It is as flat as a board. If a real foot made that, the foot wouldn't even be suitable for creating movement in a bi-ped. There isn't even any sign of toe curl, which would be evident in a "Walking" track.

My take is that someone intentionally carved this as a hoax, and not a very good one at that. Oh, and I should add, I have decades of experience in identifying tracks and direct tracking skills.

I agree. Even with my limited experience in SAR I am confident that this is bunk.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by angeldoll
reply to post by Watts

Of course! that's what I thought. Could have been an accident, could have been some type ritual, or he could have been placed in it as a type punishment. OR there is a moment before it cools that it is bearable, though still hot. It's plausible.

This has been said numerous times throughout the thread, and I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall saying it again, but granite doesn't form at the surface. It is an intrusive igneous rock, and is almost always emplaced at depth. There is no way anybody, or anything could have stepped in it while it was still fluid.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by angeldoll
reply to post by Watts

If this was a footprint in basalt I would agree with you, but granite forms miles underground from magma. It cools and solidifies long before it reaches the surface of the Earth, and so the magma is at no point is in a position to be stepped in.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by zerozero00

How convenient all the giants were cremated, BS and you know it because there are pictures on the net of the so called giants bones most faked, a lot on creationist web sites and others are dinosaur bones claimed to be from giant humans.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I'm going with ...... it's a carving. OR THE ANNUNAKI!!! haha

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Hello

You would only see those indentations and markings on a fresh track. Over time any ridges and such would be worn down.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join