It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Footprint - 200 Million Years Old

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Not only were thier giants, many believe they are about to return.

This is where the tale of Jack and the beanstalk comes from, about a giants castle in the sky, full of gold.

Or more likely they were stories derived from a few encounters with people who had acromegaly, and running across fossils of extinct larger creatures. The Biblical story of David versus Goliath supports this interpretation since David being able to kill Goliath with a single stone to the head would be likely if it dislodged and ruptured a pituitary gland tumor (which also would explain his large size.) Add in the human penchant for exaggerating reality, and it's easy to see how you get stories of 20 or 30 foot tall races of giants that live up beanstalks in the sky.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by smarterthanyou
reply to post by da pickles

glaciers move rocks and boulders around like humans pick up dandelions and throw them. if it is really old, its possible it was somewhere else and moved. the only problem is how would a footprint get cast in granite like that, if that did happen he mustve burned the # out of his foot, or maybe he rubbed some special oil on his feet before he walked through a knowingly hot area so that he was able to walk over nearly-cooled granite but still heavy enough to make an indentation, lol. i don't know if they would be that smart, maybe he was hunting food and didnt care if his feet got burned.

Again: granite forms UNDERGROUND. Miles underground. By the time is gets even remotely near the surface of the Earth it has cooled and solidified. Your story would only be plausible if the 'footprint' was discovered in basalt, which forms on the surface from cooled lava, or some sort of sedimentary formation.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I absolutely love this stuff. To imagine that we are the best or the boiggest this world has EVER had to offer takes some rediclatsio of its own in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Equidae

Two Mongolians with achondroplasia and acromegaly do not prove that we had giant hominids running around (apparently underground through patches of molten rock) 200 million years ago

You just dont get it do you!!

What i NEVER SAID!!! that it Prove's

What I meant the Comparison of Mammals Reptiles and even Plants ! of extreme different sizes !
of the same species

are you that Narrow Closed Minded!! and dis credit me any way you can !

There is No PUBLIC KNOWN evidence! of HUMAN Giants over 10 feet walking the earth ! but there were Hominids that were close to it

Gigantopithecus.
en.wikipedia.org...

I Not ever going to bother the rest of your Post ... as you thinking only in the box ( Earth)

DID i say this claimed foot print is real ? NO .. Could it be a Hoax Maybe

ohh I Own Horses a Paint mustang & a Shetland / Mini Pony Mix !

thanks for the insight, as i already knew ..

well that Foot Print could be from something Humanoid Not From This Earth... seeing they claim its in the millions of years old ... say a Few Giant Humanoid like beings coming here and Terra forming the planet
to bringing a New Life of smaller version of themselves with something like a Hominid ! a a diluted version of this story is world wide .... seen Sumerian Carvings shows this let alone winged humanoid beings

Look bearded Children !!

like those above (pic) Giants were not here on this earth for long .. there were visiting

would a Group of astronauts leave one of their own on Mars ! if it was not a permanent stay ?

I would not be surprised if giants were on earth on those days Visiting, teaching mankind

edit on 7-1-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This looks very realistic however as someone already mentioned unless he was walking on molton lava it has too be fake as its almost impossible too make an ipression on cold rock hard granite.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
No smoke without Lava.

2nd line.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

Magma is in the earth, Lava is out of the earth. If it really is a giant's footprint, said individual could have walked on cooling lava... Just saying.

Not if it was granite (which it indeed appears to be).

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

That cyclops stubbed his toe on a boulder, ouch

I don't think humanoid life had even evolved 200 Million years ago, we certainly can't rewrite history based on something that looks superficially like a footprint. People don't want to hear this but people have been seeing "artificial" formations in stone and coming up with folklore about them for generations. There's the Giant's Causeway in Ireland for instance. Human beings try to find familiar patterns in the natural world, from faces on Mars to shapes in the clouds.

Plus a giant that size could not physically exist. If you double a human beings size it's weight will not scale at the same ratio as its height. The bones would not be able to hold up the exponentially growing weight at that size.

edit on 7-1-2012 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Are you really so nasty in all threads where you like to think you have the end all and be all so nothing where opinion of others do not gel with your own your therefore only present things one way...

here just to set off what you said....POSSIBILITIES.....IS it IMPOSSIBLE for fossil eveidence to exist in a granite formation.....NO.

so please when you present things to people or try to trash opinions and to quell ones ego.....there are always possibilities.

To elaborate on the discussion:

Volcanoclastic sediments (such as ashfalls) are in the borderland between
igneous and sedimentary rocks. Yes, they are derived directly from a melt,
and by that definition are igneous. On the other hand, they are deposited
in Earth surface conditions, temperatures, and pressures, and hence are also
sedimentary. Such is life... er, rock.

As for fossils in granite: extraordinarily unlikely, at least as geologists
use the term "granite" (there is an industrial definition of the term, which
is any hard rock (where almost every soft rock is "marble"), but that is
beside the point). Granites cool from molten masses which were entirely
underneath the surface of the Earth; they form under temperature conditions
which would obliterate organic tissue, and are molten for up to millions of
years (extreme cases: more generally ten-to-hundreds of thousands). Hence
they do not form in environments where living things are present.

(One possibility, though, is that the native rock into which the granitic
magma intruded was a sedimentary rock possessing fossils. A section of the
native rock could break off and be suspended in the magma as a xenolith.
That way you could have a fossil in a sedimentary rock in a granite).

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Vertebrate Paleontologist

you see not all things are always so black and white.....it could be sedimentary rock in granite in this case....but of course OH WISE ONE.......you know that everything you say is only true for you....

STOP being so condescending in your replies....everyone is allowed an opinion.....

there does it feel good when someone replies to you in a similar fashion......ye of we brain.
edit on 063131p://f16Saturday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It doesn't have the appearance of a xenolith though, does it?
It looks like granite, and given the geology of the area that's a pretty firm statement of fact.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
HOAX! That is the flattest foot ever. No dermal ridges. No arch. Not even the heel, which carries the most weight, is rounded out. It is as flat as a board. If a real foot made that, the foot wouldn't even be suitable for creating movement in a bi-ped. There isn't even any sign of toe curl, which would be evident in a "Walking" track.

My take is that someone intentionally carved this as a hoax, and not a very good one at that. Oh, and I should add, I have decades of experience in identifying tracks and direct tracking skills.

I would not be so sure, ever hear of a flat foot? This is what happened when your arch breaks down . Heck millions of years of erosion of footprint of some unknown species were talking about here. You expect to see these fine details, it is not a finger print it is a foot print. I am not saying it is a real foot print but your assumption that it is a hoax is premature to be honest. I do see toe curl going downward. Perhaps "if this is a real foot print" that the Giant walked a little bit different then modern day humans? I mean neanderthal foot prints differ from modern humans. So why wouldn't it be any different? The thing could have been a giant reptilian for all we know. We recognize the familiarity and assume this is a fully human upright walking creature.

Over 200 million years ago the oxygen levels were much higher causing larger animals, flora, insects, ocean life ect. This is why the Dinosaurs were so large. And as time passed the oxygen levels decreased with green house gasses. The dinosaurs are now birds and smaller versions of lizards and reptiles of today. So perhaps the original humans were in fact this size and became increasingly smaller to accompany all other biological forms of life here on earth.

Maybe that's who moved those giant blocks and built the pyramids. Perhaps evolution branched humans off in different paths and there were giants in the earth in those days

Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. Gen 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. Gen 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. Gen 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

And maybe these Giants are what became Sasquatch?

As we are still learning more and more that Humans are an older species then we thought. That previous civilizations were wiped out and destroyed and rebuilt time and time again. Here is an example.

12,000-year-old mine found in Chile
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
reply to post by wmd_2008

here just to set off what you said....POSSIBILITIES.....IS it IMPOSSIBLE for fossil eveidence to exist in a granite formation.....NO.

Fossils no. Imprints (ie a footprint ) YES unless "the foot" could withstand temperatures of thousands of degrees long enough for the lava to cool...........no freaking way in hell.....Physics+chemistry+biology ie science as opposed to religious faith (NB religious faith does not mean "God" but anything you believe in despite all evidence to the contrary) !!!!!!!!!!!!!

so please when you present things to people or try to trash opinions and to quell ones ego.....there are always possibilities.

Nothing wrong with possibilities BUT possibilities have to be plausible......oops!!!!!

you see not all things are always so black and white.....it could be sedimentary rock in granite in this case....but of course OH WISE ONE.......you know that everything you say is only true for you....

STOP being so condescending in your replies....everyone is allowed an opinion.....

That does not mean that an opinion is correct as yours clearly is not. That is a huge footprint so there would be a considerable amount of sedimentary debris. Not only that but sedimentary layers would not just be present in the footprint but layered across a wide area.......where is the sedimentary evidence....oops!!!

there does it feel good when someone replies to you in a similar fashion......ye of we brain.
edit on 063131p://f16Saturday by plube because: (no reason given)

You have cognitive dissonance please refer to the appropriate psychological papers on what this means for you.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Doesnt even look like a footprint. its just a random formation in the rock

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Hey look,its a giants sandal lol!

It does look like a human footprint.

But you have to remember that nature has naturally sculpted things like rock into things that we see as artifacts from our "lost or unknown history",or whatever you want to call it.

But it sure is fun to dream and imagine,John Lennon would be proud.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scott495

Doesnt even look like a footprint. its just a random formation in the rock

Exactly. It's an example of what Fortean Times calls a simulacrum - Latin for likeness or similarity. It worries me that people on this forum would think otherwise. There is a lot of rock on this planet. You could probably find a good likeness of Elvis, the Saturn V rocket and a a caesar salad somewhere out there. Dig up a giant hominoid bone fossil and we can talk...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

HOAX! ..... I have decades of experience in identifying tracks and direct tracking skills.

Does that experience include tracking 200 million (+) years old fossilized foot prints?

second line....
edit on 7-1-2012 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

HOAX! That is the flattest foot ever. No dermal ridges. No arch. Not even the heel, which carries the most weight, is rounded out. It is as flat as a board. If a real foot made that, the foot wouldn't even be suitable for creating movement in a bi-ped. There isn't even any sign of toe curl, which would be evident in a "Walking" track.

My take is that someone intentionally carved this as a hoax, and not a very good one at that. Oh, and I should add, I have decades of experience in identifying tracks and direct tracking skills.

I would not be so sure, ever hear of a flat foot? This is what happened when your arch breaks down . Heck millions of years of erosion of footprint of some unknown species were talking about here. You expect to see these fine details, it is not a finger print it is a foot print. I am not saying it is a real foot print but your assumption that it is a hoax is premature to be honest. I do see toe curl going downward. Perhaps "if this is a real foot print" that the Giant walked a little bit different then modern day humans? I mean neanderthal foot prints differ from modern humans. So why wouldn't it be any different? The thing could have been a giant reptilian for all we know. We recognize the familiarity and assume this is a fully human upright walking creature.

Over 200 million years ago the oxygen levels were much higher causing larger animals, flora, insects, ocean life ect. This is why the Dinosaurs were so large. And as time passed the oxygen levels decreased with green house gasses. The dinosaurs are now birds and smaller versions of lizards and reptiles of today. So perhaps the original humans were in fact this size and became increasingly smaller to accompany all other biological forms of life here on earth.

Maybe that's who moved those giant blocks and built the pyramids. Perhaps evolution branched humans off in different paths and there were giants in the earth in those days

Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. Gen 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. Gen 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. Gen 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

And maybe these Giants are what became Sasquatch?

As we are still learning more and more that Humans are an older species then we thought. That previous civilizations were wiped out and destroyed and rebuilt time and time again. Here is an example.

12,000-year-old mine found in Chile
www.abovetopsecret.com...

thank at least someone is thinking out of the Box ( Earth) of the What if's

Thank you ! I should mentioned this at the very beginning as Scientist within the last decade did test in in a
Bio Tank with the atmospheric condition as it were say 10 million + years ago
with pressure and low to high levels of Oxygen and other elements that would of been in the air !
of the time period ! that had fish for the use of the experiment and guess what !
all the fish that were in this Bio Tank Grown Naturally to the Environment it was in The fish have grown a 3rd to double its Original size

There a Video on YouTube that shows this but for the life of me i cant remember that name of it
im not sure if its Animal Farm or not So... ATS members if you can remember this clip of this documentary
please post thanks I would like to see it again ...

Animal Farm Episode 1, Part 1 of 10

some study about the Ancient atmosphere

Secrets in the Ice

Drilling Back to the Future: Climate Clues from Ancient Ice on Greenland

Well who knows ? looking at Conspirator's mind

Planet X Nibiru: Interracial Hybrid Races

edit on 7-1-2012 by Wolfenz because: added : Planet X Nibiru: Interracial Hybrid Races

edit on 7-1-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Hydrothermal metamorphism is the result of the interaction of a rock with a high-temperature fluid of variable composition.

Not for-say it was made from lava but when a high temp fluid interacted with a already existing rock. Maybe?

So maybe it stepped in mud, then the mud turned into rock, then lava interacted with it. IMO farfetched but plausible.

Link

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
Magma is in the earth, Lava is out of the earth. If it really is a giant's footprint, said individual could have walked on cooling lava... Just saying.

I realize you're "just sayin,'" but what you're sayin' is just wrong.

If the stone is granite - any sort of granite - then it formed well underground. Granite, if it is to form at all, has to form under immense pressure.

Lava cooling on the surface is not under such pressure.

If you melt granite then let it cool, the result is basalt.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join