It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hellfire Club

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Here is an interesing article I found on the Hellfire Club while searching the web. It reminds me of the movie "Eyes Wide Shut". Also it mentions that Masons had a group know as the Society of Gormagons, pretending to be anti-mason while practicing it all along. I suppose thats where Freemasonary Watch has decended from.

The most well known of the Hell Fire Clubs was the Order of St. Francis, named after their charismatic founder Sir Francis Dashwood, member of Parliament and a Freemason. Dashwood, along with eleven others (collectively dubbed the Unholy Twelve) founded their club sometime in the mid 1740�s. From 1750 they met at a disused Cistercian abbey at Medmenham. Meetings began with a black mass and ended with an orgy with a variety of other dubious entertainments in between.

www.angelfire.com...

[edit on 11-9-2004 by TgSoe]

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The hellfire club was a society in order to protest the catholic churchs view on human sexuality. They praised human sexuality as well as human creation. I forget what book it was, but it details the environment created by the hellfire club in certain locations, such ass an entrance way placed inbetween two large legs, representing human birth.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Here's a few more links for those who want background and membership information:

easyweb.easynet.co.uk...

www.blather.net...

www.brainyencyclopedia.com...

(Marvel Comics even got in on the "fun" - here's how the HC fits into the Marvel universe: www.marveldirectory.com... )

join