It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could return in the past what would you change?Your present or your future!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lBLaCkOuTl

TextFor the thread though, if i could change something, i would go back to New Years Eve 2006 and not been a dick to my ex-girlfriend.
And maybe you can do this today ,all it takes is a little courage to speak to someone no matter the environment and given actual conditions,I think that is the way to change the past by doing the things that we should do ,and still having the physical time to do it.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

Hindsight truly is an eye opener, a wisdom passed down from our parents to us, only for our rebellious youth to dismiss it as nonsense, make our mistakes, grow up, and realise they were right, we pass it on to our younglings, knowing what our parents knew then, and the circle is complete..... or destined to repeat

edit on 6-1-2012 by lBLaCkOuTl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

TextI won't write a long letter here, but I will say this, which is most important. Focus like a laser beam on establishing domestic, financial, security, comfort, happiness for yourself.
I don't think this is the main goal,the main goal is to focus on important events regarding those around us that have suffered for a reason or other in the past,and for us to fend of those who hurt us.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Well, when I was out of high school, I became friends with this person who was bad. I mean, a psychopath. It brought the bad out in me. I was (as the Jedi said in Star Wars) "weak minded". Two is worse than one, and stronger. I regrett that the most of all, and it would have been better for other people as well as me, to have avoided that 'friend' like the plague.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Saucerwench because: x

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I regrett that the most of all, and it would have been better for other people as well as me, to have avoided that 'friend' like the plague.
When we are young things are different,there is no guidance,to help us.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

In answer (to the title of your thread)...I would change the present...because the changes I would make now...would affect my future.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

because the changes I would make now...would affect my future.
That would be great,but you are forgetting the most important factor,the unpredictable.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I would have told my father to wear a condom.....

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I wouldn't change a thing, even the most awful or heartbreaking things. Everything happens as it is supposed to, for better or worse, and I don't know enough about how my actions in life affect the whole fabric of existence to think it would be prudent to change what has occurred.

As far as what will occur, I don't know whether I would change it or not, since it hasn't happened yet.

Tell that to these people

Nothing happens because "its supposed to, better or worse" Everything we do is supported by the environments we're in.

If i could go back, i would change many aspects of my youth. I would appreciate the fact i have at least some education - and take full advantage of that. I wouldn't get pulled into the "look at me crowed" and become a class clown.

I like the person who i am now, yes - but i would still change to have an easier life with the same people.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Try this for some relief from the stress of time and circumstance:
youtu.be...

thanks for the link, great video! now in my bookmarks

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I would go back to last year and do the things i learned now from failure with trying to score a date, and use it with the the girl im in love with.

Hey im only 16, thats just about all i need

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Where: Go back to 1980, hang out with the gogos.

What to change: Talk to Belinda about letting Jane sing lead sometimes.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
as long as i could change the past but still be who i was before i changed the past , its the past that makes you who you are today, and today that makes who you are tomorrow! so would i change the past to change myself? maybe, IMHO human beings dont have enough hindsight for that kind of power

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I would go back to 1989 and do anything I had to do no matter the cost so I would be with the only woman that I have ever loved instead of sitting here alone in my basement like so old hermit in a cave.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Time travelers are those who grace us, the mechanisms of war & famine -- oppressive psychopaths, god complex tyrants, technology supressors, the shameless.

Others come as our saviors --- benevolence embodied, the minds giving wings to humanitys feet.

Yet what if....they are both in..collusion.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Willing to trade, wife for basement.

Grass is always greener...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

IMHO human beings dont have enough hindsight for that kind of power
The power comes from trying to turn bad things in the past right,then we can say that we have traveled in the past.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

the mechanisms of war & famine
Those are not time travelers but more like time accidents.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
The introduction of money
or maybe the fractional reserve system and interest on loans.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

interest on loans
That is a good question,what if we change that,how many people today will be out of suffer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join