It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could return in the past what would you change?Your present or your future!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by diamondsmith

Stop thinking about the past. What can you do about it, it is done, leave the past and live now.

TextA man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.
source(www.wisdomquotes.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

My past has made me who I am, so I wouldn't change a thing. We were having this conversation at work yesterday. Yes, I have done plenty of regrettable things, but I don't feel any regret, because every mistake was a lesson, and every lesson made me who I am today.

As far as changing my future, I could do that right now. I don't need time travel to change my future.

I won't lie though. I'd love to go back and win the lottery yesterday!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

TextYes, I have done plenty of regrettable things, but I don't feel any regret, because every mistake was a lesson, and every lesson made me who I am today.
Depends,if you want to change a major negative event in the life of someone, then maybe you have a desire to return in the past.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

That's a different question I suppose. I wouldn't change any event in my own past. Not even the major ones, and I've had several!

But, would I change an event in someone else's life? That is tough! I would want to I suppose. I would want to take away pain and suffering, and save the lives of a couple of young people I knew. But, even with that strong desire, something just doesn't feel right about it. I don't think I would change anything in the past, even if I could save a loved one's life.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

TextI don't think I would change anything in the past, even if I could save a loved one's life.
I understand that, it's a question of ethics.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I doubt I would change anything in my past, although there are far too many painful events, I believe that pain and suffering made me who I am and helped me find my soul mate.

I am not even sure I would want to affect someone else life since I might be taking something precious and valuable away from them!?!?! an impossible choice that I am glad I won't have to make.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

You really should watch the film 'The Butterfly Effect'. It is all about what you are speaking about, it's a great film.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

TextI believe that pain and suffering made me who I am and helped me find my soul mate.
I've heard those words before,but that is ok every opinion must be respected, and when many people say the same thing,then the truth have been spoken!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Humans just love to play God, thinking they have the power to change the past and make the future better.
God made it perfect and it runs pretty well without us 'thinking' we can do it better.
What is done is done and what will be done will be done.
It works ok without all the thinking. Life happens.

edit on 6-1-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

You really should watch the film 'The Butterfly Effect'. It is all about what you are speaking about, it's a great film.
I promise I will do so,when the time will be proper.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

TextHumans just love to play God, thinking they have the power to change the past and make the future better.
No one is playing God in terms of thinking to change some events of your past life,and yes we can make the future better,but that depends how we see the past,acting in the present.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

TextWhat is done is done and what will be done will be done.
The we have not learned anything from past mistakes.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

The past is dead, the future is dead
We should be more positive,a good thought do no harm,if the future is dead then why are we alive?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Well, for most of my life, I wanted to change the fact that I was ever even born.

But, now that I have children, I realize that if I had never existed, the world would never have benefited from these amazing people.

So, I am coming to terms with myself by understanding that if I had not had those previous experiences, I would not know how to be a good mother. I would not know how to operate independently from the masses in this world that I do not understand. I would not know how to be resourceful. I would not know how to be thankful. And, I would not know how to love deeply.

I do not like my past, but accept it.

I like my present, and accept it.

I will look to my future with hope and accept what is in store for me.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Well, for most of my life, I wanted to change the fact that I was ever even born.
This was probably caused by great suffering, but the fact that we get over trouble make ourselves to look more positive future.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

TextI would not know how to operate independently from the masses in this world that I do not understand
That is learning,and learning could be self-learning,but not necessary from previous experiences.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Whatttttttt,break the first and most important law of temporal mechanics??????

Actually I'd pay more attention on the road in front of me when overtaking that car on my motorbike and not have the accident that I nearly payed for with my life and kept me out of work for three years.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagewerx

Actually I'd pay more attention on the road in front of me when overtaking that car on my motorbike and not have the accident that I nearly payed for with my life and kept me out of work for three years.
Depend what kind of event you want to change,and in who's life.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by lBLaCkOuTl

I wouldn't be the person I am today
Maybe we can change the past by changing us today for tomorrow,that's the idea of this thread.

It's a nice idea and don't get me wrong, it's a great idea for a post, just saying, the lows and highs i've had in my life have lead me to be the person i am today.

For the thread though, if i could change something, i would go back to New Years Eve 2006 and not been a dick to my ex-girlfriend.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I thought a great deal about me going back ("dwelling in the past") because I regrett -most- of the things I did and said. I operated out of ignorance, poverty, desperation, and illness. And so thats why.
I would need to physically go back in time, ***with the mind I have now, knowing what I know now*** .

All my wrongness was largely between the ages of 16 and 41.

I cant send a letter to the 16 year old me, but I can to 16 yrolds who are not me.

I won't write a long letter here, but I will say this, which is most important. Focus like a laser beam
on establishing domestic, financial, security, comfort, happiness for yourself. A rock support base, that is a good launching pad as well. Make sure your feet are firmly tethered into the ground before you put your head in the clouds. If the above is not established, it will be horribly hard to establish every thing else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join