It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could return in the past what would you change?Your present or your future!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
We live many times this sensation,of returning in the past and imagine that we make a difference in our life,something that will bring us on another road in the future.

Maybe we act in the past in ways that we hurt other people and we want to change that.
Or other people hurt us and we want to protect ourselves of their actions.

Maybe you want to prevent someone from going in a place in a specific day,and and by this way saving his life.

Many people have gone bankrupt because they invest their money wrong and maybe they would like to change something in the past.

We try sometimes to relive different moments of our lives with the same intensity and to change that fatal second.The one that change our lives forever.

Or maybe we cannot not make any difference, because even we know our action, we remain the same people.

Some of us have a strong visual memory that let us relive different moments maybe entire scenes,with high intensity so strong that we believe that our thought has this power.

What would you change in your past if you could return at that specific moment?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
that's why time travel is impossible. you would think if it were, someone from the future would have killed hitler.

but then again, how can someone go back to the past in a machine that hasn't been invented yet.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

someone from the future would have killed hitler.
I am referring as a personal change in your life,what change would you make?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I wouldn't change a thing, even the most awful or heartbreaking things. Everything happens as it is supposed to, for better or worse, and I don't know enough about how my actions in life affect the whole fabric of existence to think it would be prudent to change what has occurred.

As far as what will occur, I don't know whether I would change it or not, since it hasn't happened yet.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I wouldn't change a thing
And then why do we want to change the present?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I've pondered this many a time, if I had the chance what would I change. There are alot of things I would change, people I've hurt, mistakes I've made, choices I've chose but then.... If I did change any of the aforementioned, I wouldn't be the person I am today, I wouldn't have the same friends whom I adore.

Our destinies are there for a reason. We touch people's lives without knowing.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lBLaCkOuTl

I wouldn't be the person I am today
Maybe we can change the past by changing us today for tomorrow,that's the idea of this thread.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

The past is dead, the future is dead, they are words that descible stories in imagination, the stories stay because you believe in them, you give them the power and your story of the past is only known by you so why worry?
You will stay stuck if you play with past stories, stuck with the same story.

See now, be present with what is present and know that nothing has to change.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

You will stay stuck if you play with past stories, stuck with the same story.
Stuck where?in the present?Anyone would like to change something in his past life in order to feel happy in the present.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Why do you have to change anything to be happy? The 'wanting something different' is the unhappiness.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Why do you have to change anything to be happy? The 'wanting something different' is the unhappiness.
Then why people want to live as many years as they can and prolong their life,to remember the past,and to change something in the future for those they hurt at one moment.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Because they are scared of the 'story' of death and because they think they have to be 'good'.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Because they are scared of the 'story' of death and because they think they have to be 'good'.
Happiness doesn't come from fear, especially the fear of death,happiness come from the need of change our self even at a mental level,as a change of the past.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

No happiness does not come from fear. Fear comes from feeling not good enough and that causes unhappiness.
If you felt good enough would you not feel happy?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

unhappiness
First you have to define happiness,if you can of course....

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The way i would define happiness is it is the opposite of unhappiness.
Contentment, okness, at ease.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

The way i would define happiness is it is the opposite of unhappiness.
Considering the wide range of human emotions is difficult to define happiness,I do not think there is an exact definition for happiness.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Fear comes from feeling not good
Fear come from the past and from what we've done to other or what other have done to us.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Stop thinking about the past. What can you do about it, it is done, leave the past and live now.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Try this for some relief from the stress of time and circumstance:
youtu.be...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join