It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$5 million per day Masonic Conspiracy!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
To be honest, I find myself still stuck at the words "I am a Mason". Surely if you were a Mason, they would not condone such a blatant admission?
And yet so far, 16 of the ATS members who've replied to this specific thread claim to be Masons… (most of whom I can vouch for, a few are new to me…)

To my understanding, the rather unsavory views of the Masonic organization (I myself support it while I am not a member) have resulted in an utmost secrecy as to the exact proportions, locations, activities, identities, etc. of the Masonic group.
In countries run by dictators we tend to remain underground. Masons were rounded up and killed by the likes of Hitler, Mussolini, and Saddam Hussein, among others. But in the free world, there's usually not any reason for us to hide our membership.

Are you SURE you're a Mason?
Yes.

What does one need to know to become a Mason?
There is no prerequisite knowledge to join.

What are the prerequisites in Masonry? A bloodline? Rote memorization of ever Mason that has ever lived? A complete list of Masonic symbolry and rituals?
Nope. You must be male; over either 18 or 21 years of age depending on the state you live in; must believe in a Supreme Being (though we won't ask you what you call Him); and must not have been convicted of a felony involving moral turpitude.

There is some rote memorization after each of the degrees before moving on to the next degree, and it can lead to a lifetime of learning (it's a pretty deep rabbit-hole…), but you are not expected to have any Masonic knowledge going into it.
edit on 2012.1.8 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Don't worry, my Lodge's dues are $125 a year.

reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

If you're not going to back yourself up, then why are you here? If anything you sound like a mouthpiece spewing words.

reply to post by Starchild23

Why would "they" not condone our admission of membership? I didn't realize we weren't supposed to let out that we were Masons? I mean I wear a Masonic ring, I have a Masonic license plate with Masonic decals on my bumper, and I have many pieces of clothing that have Masonic emblems on them.

Utmost secrecy? The Masonic building I attend has a big square and compasses on it and says "Masonic Temple" on it. We do not hide our meeting locations and in fact, our Grand Lodge website even tells what day and what hour we meet. We have public meetings and have open houses so people can tour the Lodge.

We are surprisingly open about ourselves.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Why would "they" not condone our admission of membership? I didn't realize we weren't supposed to let out that we were Masons? I mean I wear a Masonic ring, I have a Masonic license plate with Masonic decals on my bumper, and I have many pieces of clothing that have Masonic emblems on them.

Utmost secrecy? The Masonic building I attend has a big square and compasses on it and says "Masonic Temple" on it. We do not hide our meeting locations and in fact, our Grand Lodge website even tells what day and what hour we meet. We have public meetings and have open houses so people can tour the Lodge.

We are surprisingly open about ourselves.

Yes, all of that and more!
We are listed in the phone book.
We have websites like: Grand Lodge of Florida.
We have signs outside door telling the days and times of our meetings!
We have booths set up at fairs and festivals.
We have Watches, Rings, Belt Buckles, Pocket Knives, Shirts, Jackets, and MORE!

Yes, we are very, very bad at being secretive.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

How would I find the Masons in my area? I am interested in looking deeper ( not necessarily to join, though it could very well happen) and I feel that perhaps that is where I should continue my worldly research concerning the universe...not to mention knowing my own place in it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Google "Grand Lodge" and your State. The Grand Lodge sites have Lodge locators, and contact information. You might even find them in your local phone book.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I found a Scottish Rite site featuring a Masonic organization in my state...but I'm a little hesitant about joining something that may have a foreign spin on it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You can't join a Scottish Rite or any other appendant body until after you join the Blue Lodge and become a Master Mason.

Masonry in general, including the Scottish Rite, doesn't have a foreign spin on anything. The lessons and philosophies link back far enough and the lessons are basic enough to avoid all of that. There is a religious undertone to everything, and the Scottish Rite is probably more familiar to the religious theories you are familiar with and are popular in the Western World.

Don't worry too much about what you might or might not like. You will be able to choose any path you want, experiment some, get to know a lot about it, and you can take it as seriously or as frivolously as you desire. Many people go through the degree work and then never think about it again, while others dedicate countless hours in study and mentoring other Masons.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I found a lodge close to my area. Would it be better to wait until I'm older? I'm not even 30 yet...and I feel these veterans are going to prefer someone experienced, who's seen a bit of life. Or do they want to be able to teach relatively young people such as myself?
edit on 9-1-2012 by Starchild23 because: revision

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Both. Here in Florida they voted a couple of years ago to let in 18 year olds. I joined about about 32 years old. We love getting folks in with life experience, but we also love getting young folks in with energy and zeal.

The only reason to wait, would be if you have a lot of time-consuming obligations. Older guys typically have more time to dedicate to Lodge. It is nice to be able to show up a couple of times per month and not let regular life-duties keep you away from Lodge. But, even if you join, and regular life pops up and gets in your way, everyone understands that. I've missed almost a year of Lodge and then showed up to check in all of a sudden.

It is really up to you whether or not you are ready. They will be happy to have you anytime you decide to join.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
One more question. Would it be best to email the lodge leader if I decide I want to stop in, explaining who I am and my goals and everything?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
One more question. Would it be best to email the lodge leader if I decide I want to stop in, explaining who I am and my goals and everything?
Often, it's not the Worshipful Master you'll want to talk to, but the guy who really runs the show, the Secretary.
But yeah, you could call or email him saying you'd like to drop by and ask some questions. They'll probably have you come by on a night when they've got a meeting, invite you to stay for a meal, and meet some of the guys.

As to when to join, I joined relatively late (mid/late 30s) when I felt I'd more or less figured things out on my own as far as I could, and was looking for new input and ways of thinking. (The lessons of Masonry are taught in allegory, much like the ancient greek philosophy schools—something I'd never experienced in my formal western education…) Then again, we've got a young guy who's loving it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I joined Masonry while I was 21. They'll like that you're a younger guy.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Yes, I think that at some point, I will find out more about the Masons in my area. My friend has offered to get me some numbers, so that's helpful. I think that perhaps...this will be one of the next steps to take in my journey of truth and self.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Why should I supply evidence for you when information is so readily available at local libraries and thru google. I have put in my time to learn what is really going on in the world, so why shouldn't you. All I can do is plant the seed. It's your job to grow it. That's why so many people never find the truth. They are too lazy to really look for it.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

THANK YOU!

So many people are stuck in the ruts of the social game, and they never really realize how insignificant they are in comparison to the mysteries of the world...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Because none of us are here to go on a wild goose chase. If you post something and we ask you for a source, the least you could do is post a citation of something like a book and chapter, or a website.

If we're going to play this game I can make all sorts of wild accusations without supporting it.

If you're posting the seeds make sure its not a corrupted plant grown on lies.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

Why should I supply evidence for you when information is so readily available at local libraries and thru google.

Because you're arguing a point, not telling yo mama jokes behind the gym. Why did you come to a discussion board if you're not looking for discussion?

I have put in my time to learn what is really going on in the world, so why shouldn't you.

I have. If you'd like to challenge my worldview, make and substantiate a positive, concrete objection to it.

All I can do is plant the seed. It's your job to grow it.

All you have done is wander around complaining that there aren't any trees, claimed to have seeds in your pocket, and refused to sow them.

That's why so many people never find the truth. They are too lazy to really look for it.

So we're lazy because we won't substantiate your argument? Do you see how silly this is?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheLevel213

obviously you did not take into account this mans life work ...

nor did you grasp the significance of the minutes of the Carnige meetings...

or you willfully ignored them..

either way..

your still not foolin' me..

(and I'm not alone)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by getreadyalready

This Masonic Conspiracy thing is larger, and more rampant than even I imagined, and Thank God that it is!!
It's no masonic conspiracy,is just a bunch of rich SOB that independently of one another try to multiply their money by acting like charity.

do organizations like the masons have to pay taxes and if the cost of maintenance of the building and land that the lodge is on is cheap how are these 5 millions of dollars per day effecting the surrounding areas of these lodges. if the organization does not have to pay taxes are their donations tax deductible? ge got back like billions this past fiscal year because they "donated" millions to green energy; but how does their "donation" effect the surrounding communities and persons regarding the loss in tax funds made available to the government.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
do organizations like the masons have to pay taxes and if the cost of maintenance of the building and land that the lodge is on is cheap how are these 5 millions of dollars per day effecting the surrounding areas of these lodges. if the organization does not have to pay taxes are their donations tax deductible? ge got back like billions this past fiscal year because they "donated" millions to green energy; but how does their "donation" effect the surrounding communities and persons regarding the loss in tax funds made available to the government.
The charities are run separately from the lodges. The lodges themselves are not a charity, and donations to the lodges are not tax deductible. Lodges always have to pay for their own building's upkeep, and most often, property tax on their building as well. The charities like the hospitals ARE tax deductible donations, but the lodge doesn't see any benefit to that—individuals donate directly to the hospitals (so they get the tax deduction themselves). The lodges never touch the money. The lodges are tax exempt in the sense of income, and they are non-profits, but they're not charities, and the property tax is separate from an income tax.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join