It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are You Studying? Recent, Current & Future Reading Lists / Paths of Research...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I'm curious as to what like-minded ATSers are reading and studying right now. I am posting in this thread because the majority of my time is spent studying in the areas of philosophy and metaphysics. Since many ATSers are Truth Seekers - eager for enlightenment - I am interested to learn about the paths others are on.

I find that many of the books I read lead to other interesting topics and authors I was not previoulsy aware of. A quick example of this is when I read Pinchbeck's book on 2012. That's when I came across Terrence McKenna, Carl Johan Calleman, Rudolf Steiner, et. al.

I believe we are all on different paths at different levels, so I don't look upon anyone as being "ahead" or "behind." Rather, we discover things as we look, as we are ready, as they resonate. What resonates with me may not with you at this time, but it may in the future (or has in the past).

So I wanted to share what I have read recently, what I am reading now, and what I have lined up next. I hope you will do the same and, in doing so, we could share within this community additional resources, books, topics and authors of potential interest. Thanks in advance for participating:

Recent Readings
The Master Game - Hancock/Bauval - apparently this was a rewrite of their previous book Talisman (which I didn't read) but this book is chuck full of history delving into the Mystics and their Mysteries.

Celestine Prophesy - ya, I know, I'm late to the party on this one, but it came at just the right time for me.

Area 51 - Jacobsen - couldn't get through the whole thing but facinating nonetheless. History of our secret technology and how advanced we were so long ago.

Many Lives, Many Masters - Weiss - Couldn't put this book down and was sorry it ended. this link is for the .pdf version. Past life regression, as well as "in-between" lives memories.

Babylon Banksters - Farrell - an essay on the history of the relationship between physics and economics - Tesla, Nazi, Rothchild

Current

Supernatural - Hancock - lost some interest after the first few chapters because he was so bent on ancient cave paintings but I stuck with it and understand now why he constructed such a foundation. It has taken a turn I did not expect. World Shaman, psychadelics and spiritual realities.

Line Up

Possum Living - Freed - Survival and frugal living

Jitterbug Perfume - Robbins- fantasy/alternative reality novel.

The Hermetic Code in DNA - Hayes - contemplation of our existence and origins of DNA

Urantia Book - alternative, Gnostic Christianity

Chemical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz - old writing alluding to Rosacrucians

The Compleat Distiller - home brewing

*Take note that I push no agenda or ideology, simply sharing. I hope you find interest in some of these, as well as share where your journey has taken you.

Thank you.

edit on 6-1-2012 by capod2t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
At this particular time im reading - The selected works of Lenin and The Grand Design by Stephen Hawkings. Politics and science. I wish I knew more about them but im in the process of educating myself.

Nice to see someone who researches/reads as much as I do. What I have lined up is The Age Of Revolution by Eric Hobsbawm and The Hobbit by Tolkien. Got some epic reads lined up after them as well. I may have a look at the books you've listed, thanks a lot. Peace.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

Eckhart Tolle 'The Power of Now' is an eye opener, you can check him out on youtube.
Alan Watts 'The Book' (the taboo against knowing who you are), you can also check him out on youtube.
One of my favorite books is 'The Transparency of Things, Contempalating the Nature of Experience' by Rupert Spira (on youtube also).

The book i am reading at the moment is 'Awareness' by Anthony De Mello.

edit on 6-1-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I am currently translating from Hebrew to English the Book of Raziel the Angel (ספר רזיאל המלאך ).
It is amazing, no link because I own the book.

PLPL

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Love this idea! S&F

Right now, I'm reading
Sarum by Edward Rutherford,

And, of course, The Voyages of the Penelope and the Yydryl (this link will take you to the Volume II index)

and beside me "on desk" here are waiting:

Living Buddha, Living Christ, by Thich Nhat Hanh (a re-read)

A History of God; the 4000 year quest of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam by Karen Armstrong (partially read, gonna start over from the top)

Letters from the Earth by Mark Twain

The Road Less Traveled by M Scott Peck

Over the past year or so:

The Physics of Consciousness by Evan Harris Walker (don't confuse with Dr Greer's site)

The Dune orginal series by Frank Herbert, also
The Jesus Incident by him,
and House Atreides by his son (a prequel written posthumously)

The Tibetan Book of the Dead by Dr W.Y. Evans-Wentz

Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean Auel (that was a re-read)

The Bounty; the True Story of the Mutiny on the Bounty by Caroline Alexander

up next that are NOT re-reads:

The New American Spirituality by Elizabeth Lesser

The Varieties of Religious Experience; A Study In Human Nature by William James

At Home by Bill Bryson

and all of the recommendations by my ATS fellow readers!
as for what I am studying: Same as ever: human nature, philosophy, history, and the great mysteries.

ETA:
I hope you got an APPLAUSE from staff for this one. You do from me, fwiw!
edit on 6-1-2012 by wildtimes because: deserves Applause, mods!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Thanks for your responses. I am at work so I am a little jammed up.

I wish I knew more about them but im in the process of educating myself.
- That's the key and it's up to us!

Eckhart Tolle 'The Power of Now' is an eye opener
- gave him a try a few years back and wish I could have gotten into it but may try again soon.

I am currently translating from Hebrew to English the Book of Raziel the Angel
- Impressive! Congratulations on that.

Love this idea!
- thanks! I was hoping to see you here.

As soon as I have time I intend to check out all of the materials you guys are reading.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
My recent important books:

Journey of Souls - Michael Newton
Destiny of Souls - Michael Newton

These books describe what happens in between lives. The author is an hypnotherapist.
They are eye openers about what we are doing here on earth and what happens when we leave this body for good.

All the Brian Weiss books, they tell about past lives and explain a lot

Joy of Living - Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche
Joyful Wisdom - Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche
Why Meditate: Working with Thoughts and Emotions - Matthieu Ricard

These are about Tibetan Budhism. They really show why we suffer and how we can discover happiness and stop being dependent of outside forces that we cant control to feel good.

Awareness - Osho
Joy - Osho

Osho was so full of wisdom! Their books are transcripts of his lectures.

Good Thread!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Ahhhhh....Newton. Great books. Read "Life between Lives" last summer and couldn't get enough of it. Love the stuff from Weiss, too - very similar.

One of those Newton trained Drs is close by and a friend of mine intends of going for it. I intend to do it, too, but he's going first!

I will be looking up the other stuff you mentioned because I am not familiar with it - thank you!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

Sometimes Newtons books are like a bible to me, i just like to open them in a random page and just read a little.
Very high vibration on these books! I have read them many times!

Joy of living by Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche is also very good, these books changed my life.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

- thanks! I was hoping to see you here.

As soon as I have time I intend to check out all of the materials you guys are reading.

Well, what a nice thing to hear! Thanks!

As for reading, there is a spiritual educator who I find extremely interesting, and her theories and thoughts make a lot of sense to me. I was first exposed to her when taken by a total stranger (a blind date) to her lecture. It was, perhaps, the most significant "date" of my life. This was 12 years ago, and he was much older than I was, but I agreed to go with him for this lecture.

The speaker was Judy Goodman. Talk about eye-opening, uplifting, and remarkable!! A couple of years after that lecture, I enrolled in a workshop she had, where it was a small group rather than a lecture hall, and we were able to speak with her one-on-one.

I think you would REALLY like her stuff (at least the stuff from then...I haven't kept up with her much, and she may have shifted from what she was like 12 years ago).

I friended you, capod2t....it's obvious we are like-minded;

and your mention of the Celestine Prophecy....that is one of my all-time faves. I read it before I heard Judy Goodman speak or looked at her online Q&A stuff, but yeah, that little jewel of a book is the same sort of thing.

Every person we come across has something to offer us....clearly you and I crossed paths at the precisely right time, place, venue, and this is what is wonderful about the internet.

Namaste!!
ETA link to her main page: www.judygoodman.com...
edit on 6-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
In doing a search for a book I read about 20 years ago about the fact that Reincarnation was taught by Christ,
I have just found one I am going to pounce on as soon as I can:

Reincarnation The missing Link in Christiantiy by Elizabeth Perkins.

Quick glance I see she mentions Cayce; Weiss is quoted on the cover as it being a wonderful resource.....
Whee!! I'm excited!!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I coulnd't agree more. and thanks for the Goodman reference. I'm likely to spend the remainder of my afternoon here looking up sopme of these references, starting with her.

Blessings to You!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I have About 50 books that I want to recommend, but in hopes of you actually reading one ill keep it to the muy importante ones.

The Secret History of the World by Mark Booth ***MUST READ

The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life: Volume 1 & 2(Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life)
Drunvalo Melchizedek **MUST READ

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Great thread!
I'll be checking out these recommendations!
Cheers

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
www.amazon.ca...

Living Water: Viktor Schauberger and the Secrets of Natural Energy

Was my most recent non fiction/research type book and boy did it change some of my thoughts on the Living world.

It's a short intro to

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The books I have recently read or am reading are:

A Mencken Chrestomathy: His Own Selection of His Choicest Writing
www.amazon.com...

The Arabs: A History
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1325896799&sr=1-1

The Paradox of American Power: Why the World's Only Superpower Can't Go It Alone
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1325896833&sr=1-6

Rising Powers, Shrinking Planet: The New Geopolitics of Energy
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1325896883&sr=1-3

The Prize: The Epic Quest for Oil, Money & Power
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1325896923&sr=1-1

A mix of philosophy, politics and science.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I am currently reading "The Fall of Lucifer" by Wendy Alec It is a Trilogy called Chronicles of Brothers. I just ordered the second and third books.
Book 2 is Messiah: The First Judgment
Book 3 is Son of Perdition

I am glad you started this thread. It is nice to know what others are reading and subjects that interest other members.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Agreed...excellent thread! And, I'm glad to see minds of diversity. I am and have been reading/researching Hermetics, Alchemy, the Kybalion, Kabalistic Healing. Also, Theosophy and the Theosophical Society. Side line of Tarot and Zodiac.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Comeuppance
I am currently reading "The Fall of Lucifer" by Wendy Alec It is a Trilogy called Chronicles of Brothers. I just ordered the second and third books.
Book 2 is Messiah: The First Judgment
Book 3 is Son of Perdition

I am glad you started this thread. It is nice to know what others are reading and subjects that interest other members.

Falls in line with my research/reading

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
I am currently translating from Hebrew to English the Book of Raziel the Angel (ספר רזיאל המלאך ).
It is amazing, no link because I own the book.

PLPL

Now that is amazing and I love your avatar!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join