It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Soros and the exploitation of Burma!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Billionaire Investor George Soros Sets Up Philanthropic Arm In Burma

George Soros goes by many names. He is the man who famously broke the Bank of England, and at the same time a wealthy billionaire hedge fund investor. Soros, is also a philanthropist and is set to open his first Burmese office.

The country, though, remains subject to tough sanctions on international aid and funding, and was left impoverished and isolated by nearly half a decade of military rule.

However, things are looking brighter for the South East Asian nation. Following U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s “historic” visit to Burma in December, many are expecting a loosening of sanctions.

Burma, is largely touted to be Asia’s next emerging economy, and has a wealth of natural gas, gems and timber.

Economy Watch

Natural Resources Now Burma’s Top Exports

In the fiscal year 2006-07, oil and natural gas, teak, gems and copper topped Burma’s export products and comprised the majority of Burma’s total export revenue of US $5.01 billion, according Customs Department statistics reported in The Myanmar Times, a Rangoon-based weekly newspaper.

Source

Maybe I'm reading too much in to this, but it seems that Mr. Soros found another Source to increase his wealth. The people of Burma will be exploited and will get nothing compared to George Soros and another paradise will be lost to capitalism!!

Your opinions..

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Good timing, article from today "William Hague hails Burma reform, says more needed" Reform = resources for weapons I guess.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Trying desperately to find conspiracy here lol (I hate hague) is there anything masonic in this picture? Clutching at straws perhaps.

www.timesonline.com... hoto=1

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by trustnothing
Good timing, article from today "William Hague hails Burma reform, says more needed" Reform = resources for weapons I guess.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Trying desperately to find conspiracy here lol (I hate hague) is there anything masonic in this picture? Clutching at straws perhaps.

www.timesonline.com... hoto=1

Everybody wants a piece of the cake..

Greedy Bastards

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

S&F for you. Soros is also knee deep in Uganda and we have sent in troops to help calm the region so the oil, ore and mineral harvesting can begin in full swing

Journalist Aaron Klein has an interesting take on Barack Obama's surprising decision to send troops into Uganda to battle a rebel army. The genesis of the idea may have begun at the George Soros-funded International Crisis Group, one of the "think tanks" that Soros uses to promote policies that benefit him. In this case, the ICG recommended last year that America deploy military forces to Uganda. This move prompted questions since the rebel group did not pose a threat to American interests. But whose interests might be served by defeating the rebel group? George Soros -- a major Obama backer.

Klein writes:

Soros himself has been closely tied to oil and other interests in Uganda.

In 2008, the Soros-funded Revenue Watch Institute brought together stakeholders from Uganda and other East African countries to discuss critical governance issues, including the formation of what became Uganda's National Oil and Gas Policy.

Also in 2008, the Africa Institute for Energy Governance, a grantee of the Soros-funded Revenue Watch, helped established the Publish What You Pay Coalition of Uganda, or PWYP, which was purportedly launched to coordinate and streamline the efforts of the government in promoting transparency and accountability in the oil sector.

Also, a steering committee was formed for PWYP Uganda to develop an agenda for implementing the oil advocacy initiatives and a constitution to guide PWYP's oil work.

PWYP has since 2006 hosted a number of training workshops in Uganda purportedly to promote contract transparency in Uganda's oil sector.

PWYP is directly funded by Soros' Open Society as well as the Soros-funded Revenue Watch Institute. PWYP international is actually hosted by the Open Society Foundation in London.

The billionaire's Open Society Institute, meanwhile, runs numerous offices in Uganda. It maintains a country manager in Uganda, as well as the Open Society Initiative for East Africa, which supports work in Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda.

Read more: www.americanthinker.com...

And in New Guinea

This strategy bears similarity with the story of InterOil, a major holding of George Soros, that has been granted concessions for reportedly major natural gas reserves in Papua New Guinea. The government there has recently been arguing with InterOil regarding that company's ability to develop these reserves and build and operate a Liquefied Natural Gas port to export the gas.

What could friends of George Soros in the American government do to help him soothe the deal with the Papua New Guinea government? What the Obama administration did in fact do was send government experts all the way from here to there to help the nation develop its reserves. This was especially surprising since the Department of Interior has blamed its delay in issuing permits to develop our own domestic reserves on lack of manpower and funding -- yet the administration found the manpower and money to export our experts do help develop New Guinea's reserves. Or rather the reserves that InterOil and its major shareholder , George Soros, want developed courtesy of the American taxpayer.

Read more: www.americanthinker.com...

Cheers!!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It is plain to see that corporations and U.S nazi shadow government are on the move.Hilary
clinton the whore of Babylon is on the move again, there actions are transparent,along with
there lost souls.There arrogance enhanced by enzymes and alchemy solutions.George soros
another 80 year old nazi playing god,it is disgusting how these over 80 CROWD OF NWO
nazis RAPE AND PILLAGE.Dont worry goyim it is for your own good.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Do you know what a philanthropist is?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Hellas

Yes I Do speak Greek.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

So you know that a philanthropist gives money, not takes.

Not saying he won't make money out of giving $2 million a year to Burma (which is what he's been giving the last few years) but you have provided no evidence of this.

Can you show this evidence?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Hellas

So you know that a philanthropist gives money, not takes.

Not saying he won't make money out of giving $2 million a year to Burma (which is what he's been giving the last few years) but you have provided no evidence of this.

Can you show this evidence?

Can you give evidence that he is just giving, just because he says so?
And No I can't but I never said that that I do. I said that to me it seems that he's exploiting Burma and gave some points as to why he would

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Pardon me if I jump in here. To Soros, money is simply a tool/means to an end. He will do whatever it takes to advance and finance the agenda of his Open Society and all of its fledgling groups. Trying to follow his money trail is impossible as the dollars literally ooze down gutters and into the cracks of countless groups.

I always start with his Open Society and his links to the Tides Foundation then move on to his Executive seat with the International Crisis Group that is currently mapping the agenda for the UN via it's Responsibility to Protect organization (created by the International Crisis Group in 2009). The R2P Doctrine has been officially adopted by Obama and lives within his Obama Doctrine that is rapidly moving into high gear. It all started in Libya.

Soros will use every person and tool at his disposal...

Executive Committee of the ICG Featuring George Soros and his money.

Executive Committee

Morton Abramowitz
Former U.S. Assistant Secretary of State and Ambassador to Turkey

Cheryl Carolus
Former South African High Commissioner to the UK and Secretary General of the ANC

Maria Livanos Cattaui
Member of the Board, Petroplus Holdings, Switzerland

Yoichi Funabashi
Journalist and Former Editor-in-Chief of the The Asahi Shimbun, Japan

Frank Giustra
CEO, Fiore Capital Corporation

Ghassan Salamé
Dean, Paris School of International Affairs, Sciences Po

George Soros
Chairman, Open Society Institute

Pär Stenbäck
Former Foreign Minister of Finland

www.crisisgroup.org...

The man has his hand in every cookie jar throughout all key areas of the world.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Thanks for the links!!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

UK opens trade office as Western firms eye Burma riches

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The gold rush for Burma has begun. As President Barack Obama lifted a 15-year ban on American investment in the former pariah state, the UK’s Trade and Investment department opened an office in Rangoon in a ceremony on Wednesday afternoon. Its aim is to forge links with one of the last unexploited markets in Asia, a country blessed by ample resources of hydro-carbons, minerals, gems and timber, not to mention a cheap labour force, which thanks to years of isolation and sanctions is near virgin territory for foreign investors.

Hey! I want in! Thought you guys would sneak in before everyone else eh.

That was where I wanted to build a trade hub. That, was my special spot ok?

Did you know that there are two kinds of Jade in the world? That is all I am going to say.

I want lots of Jadeite because when that Chinese billionaire, drives his solid gold Mercedes, to the club, I am going to drive my solid jadeite Lamborghini there and everyone will like me best.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

OK here's the plan, we will tear down the Egyptian pyramids, and we will build a nicer one in Burma, or whatever it is called now, and we will cover it in Jadeite, and it will be in the center of their new international trade hub.

Then you guys won't be able to get the Jadeite outta the country.

Try and beat that deal Soros, Obama, and company (blue chip British delegation on a three-day trip to Rangoon and Naypidaw, the new capital, this week were executives from Anglo American, BP, British Gas, Ernst & Young, Rolls Royce and Shell. )

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I believe he has left/designated his entire estate to the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation, correct me if I'm wrong. I for one will breath a sigh of relief when he expires, regardless of what happens to his billions, due to the damage he has done to so many.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
For those who truly wants to help burma, exploitation of their resources and human capital is NOT the way.

Investments in those areas are good for the economy and current work - able burmese, but what TRULY needed is the education of the young - to know the difference of being free and from being exploited.

Education will also help them to upgrade their skills to build up their nation later on, and not for the young to become slaves to the rich - foreigners or locals.

It is my hope that the Su Kyi can appropriate funds from their immense resource wealth to help build schools, trainning institues and universities, with funding for better local and foreign teachers to help upgrade the skills of the current workers and future leaders/workers of the nation so that they may contribute to mankind.

Resources need to be better managed after all, to progress and evolve. Who better than their own citizens? To leave it to the rich, foreigners or locals is akin to inviting foxes into the hen coup.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

Maybe I'm reading too much in to this, but it seems that Mr. Soros found another Source to increase his wealth. The people of Burma will be exploited and will get nothing compared to George Soros and another paradise will be lost to capitalism!!

Your opinions..

I am totally amazed that Soros can screw so many people and yet he is still breathing. The best thing Burma could do would be to put a lifetime ban on Soros .... and the US Government.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I do know that if Soros is not taking it off the front end, he's pulling resources off the back end.

Soros has his own agenda and you can bet your a$$ it has nothing to do with the welfare of the Burmese people.

top topics

join