It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What have mad scientists created now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
". . . meanwhile, meet the 'chimeric' monkeys made from the cells of SIX different animals
Monkeys created from genetic material from six animals will help research into stem cells and fertility, say scientists.
Research is 'deeply disturbing' say animal rights groups - and will cause suffering
"
Source: www.dailymail.co.uk...

'Twins Roku and Hex, whose respective names come from the Japanese and Greek for ‘six’, have been created with genetic material from six monkeys'.

666. These scientists really are taking the p1ss out of the Bible.

Here we go again. History really is repeating itself. I guess we are not very far from the days of the Watchers before the Great Flood where the land was occupied with Minators, Pegasus's, Griffons and Medusa's.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Link is not working or it's been removed

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

link is working ok now

this is some crazy stuff and scientists are tampering with all sorts these days, will not be long till they openly start doing genetic splicing and such with humans probably.

Thanks OP star and flagged

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

I was reading this earlier, disturbing indeed OP.

They seem to be spending lots of time manipulating animal development, I also came across THIS activating genes which become inactive over time.

I can not fathom just what benefit they hope to achieve through this work. Why can scientist not simply observe and work with nature rather than cruelly manipulating and abusing it?

The ant experiment was not invasive but is an indication of intent to reactivate inactive genes, this may lead to more disturbing experiments in the future or could it be a good thing if they use natural methods to influence positive change? More likely they will just create many mutants and then destroy them unfortunately.

Namaste
edit on 6-1-2012 by Threegirls because: add ?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

I am not a very religious person but the way i see if if there is a good he give us the capabilities to do it and where in the bible does it say do not mess with the genetics of mother nature?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Hey now, I'd personally like to see some minotaur or even T-REX, or a wooly mammoth.
Who knows even with some tampering, we could find a way to cure a disease or two.
I'm sure we will see wooly mammoth, but I'm not holding my breath for any cures.
You can make money on a mammoth.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541I'm sure we will see wooly mammoth, but I'm not holding my breath for any cures. You can make money on a mammoth.

Are you implying that you can't make money with pharmaceuticals?

edit on 6-1-2012 by BagBing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Here's a slightly more balanced article:

BBC

Quoting the Daily Mail as a source, especially for sciencs, is not wise!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TBR47
reply to post by Rapha
where in the bible does it say do not mess with the genetics of mother nature?

YHWH allows everyone to choose to live with mother nature or try to control her. There are no rules saying that it must not be done.
YHWH is probably angered when men try to be Him by creating life forms of their own.

If a creature was created to help mankind in some good way then I expect He would tolerate it.
If a creature is created for military or scientific usage then I am guess He would be angered.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

How can you make money on a mammoth? Do you know how much it would cost to keep one as a pet?

I'd like to see the Quagga again (half horse half zebra).......

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BagBing

Dont be silly, even when thr drug pushers...mmmhm,,,,"lose" money on their drugs they still rake in billions.
The word I used was cure, people will forever need insulin, anti rejection pills, pain pills, brain pills, aids pills, chemotherapy, kimosabe, wasabe, and a wheelbarrow for them.
But cure is nowhere to be found as long as we can keep them from dying.

reply to post by bluemirage5

Now don't you be silly either!
Some folks sponsor animals that aren't even endangered just because they may be on a tv commercial for a certain 3 letter animal charity that happens to be owned by a billionaire who could solely feed every human and animal on the planet and still have enough to do the christmas shopping in the nice district.
Heck, I would prolly even pitch in a few bucks to see one of many different kind of "extinct" animals.
I'm leaning toward T-REX though.

top topics

join