It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment rate falls as economy adds 200K jobs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

These are seasonal workers. Right now, all those "jobs" are gone.

These reports are jokes. Its like the monthly report on how many boots got produced in Oceania. Completely fabricated, or at least heavily edited.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Here's a good link that goes into the divergence we all see between what we see around the country with our own eyes and what numbers the the BLS (Bureau of Lies and Scams) generates.

Market-Ticker

The charts taken from the .gov's own numbers show how by massaging the labor participation rate you can actually show a lower unemployment rate even though there are fewer people working.

I personally view any BLS statistics as noise. People still trade on the news, but I don't think anyone with any sense pays attention to the headline numbers other than for a quick trade. I pay more attention to the labor participation rate and U-6.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So over the next couple of weeks after all of the extra Christmas Walmart cashiers get laid off, will there be a new report stating how the unemployment rate increased back up to the same 8.9% that it fell in December ?

Probably not.
*yawn*

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
No you're not the only one.

I'm not sure obviously if it's total BS, but the bottom line is that they attain their unemployment data via number of benefit recipients. It's an absolute joke that ppl can have their benefits expire and the economy magically grows as a result.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
A lot of college kids get their old jobs back since they are home for about a month over the holidays. It could be a little bit of BS mixed in with a little bit of truth. Then again, everything is.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

Your are very much in the right here, government jobs are paid mostly with tax payer generated income for the government so is just transfer of taxable income into government salaries, is an exchange, you are also right is not production of goods to be exchange for income, so It is a big lost.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Just found your thread my friend,,,,,

am i the only person who wants to call BS on this?

NO!

or is the economy actually swinging around now...

No, Way, No How!

just something tells me this is just another one of their job-analysis puff pieces to make them look good...

YES!! It has to be, Obama is a Failure, He needs all the help he can get and this is Them Selling Their Collective Souls To Their Messiah.
Here are some Agencies I think have for more Credibility Than Any Obama Agency.
I was going to was this site Real unemployment rate higher than federal figures - MSN Money ...
But when you go there,,,, They've Pulled That Story,,,,, I wonder Why,,, Didn't Want To Offend The White House?
money.msn.com...=New Investor Center

So lets move on to sites and agencies that have Some Gonads, Shall We?
Now these People Here, I think have a better grasp of the real numbers,,, Real U.S. Unemployment Rate is 15.6 Percent, says the American Enterprise Institute
Here is a little of their article:

According to official figures released by the U.S. government, unemployment rates in the country are hovering around 8.6 percent. However, the American Enterprise Institute (AEI) suggests that a better measure of the real jobless rate -the U-6 - stands at 15.6 percent.

Why You Ask?

According to the AEI, the official rate excludes workers who have decided to drop out of the labor market altogether, either because they are discouraged or for other reasons. This rate also ignores workers who settle for part-time work because they are unable to find a full-time job.

www.ibtimes.com...

So,,, Obama,,, You Can Take Your Bogus Unemployment Numbers And Go Back Home

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
What brought me to your thread?
My husband was setting outside and talking to another old friend of his that just retired.
Both his kids have moved back in with him and his wife, both lost their $100,000 and $150,000 jobs.
His oldest worked for Motorola and his youngest worked for Locked-Martin.
They lost their homes and the youngest lost both his car an truck.
Their wifes work, but one makes $11.00 an hr as a C N A and the other worked part time at C D S in Costco so she could help the kids with home work.

I was just asked by my husband if we could help out by bringing in the youngest and his wife for a time to help with the strain.
Sure, We're All In This Together,,,We Would and Still Do This In China, Family Comes First and Good Friends Are Hard To Find!!!!!

Obama Comes LAST!
edit on 6-2-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2012 by guohua because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join