It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body scanners can cause death!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
This stirred me to place this article, when I was reading this I asked myself how many people would already have died because of this?

And how many people walk daily through these scanners?

And were do they use full body scans? only in the US or also in other countries. For me this only isn't a matter of the US but I think for every traveling person on this world were they use these machines.

I mean :

Ionizing means it knocks the electrons out of your body, which breaks your DNA chain, which can cause death or cancer," Dauer said.

WTF.. breaking your DNA chain? sounds pretty scary to me...

UCSF sientists: This is an urgent situation as these X-ray scanners are rapidly being implemented as a primary screening step for all air travel passengers.
very clear words I would say.

Sources :

PressTV
UCSF
PDF

Have a safe flight...

edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
We have a couple of them over here and our last government in their infinite wisdom stated we are NOT allowed to opt out and just have a pat down like you guys if we get picked out of the line. I will NEVER EVER walk through one of those scanners so much so i've told the wife if she books a holiday we fly from an airport without them and that will be including catching a train to Europe and fly out of there.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

That would be the smartest choice , But if they force you to do this full body scan , can one refuse that?
or do they only use this scan on suspicious people who could be potential threat?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
If they are proven to be that dangerous, then officials who implemented them should be charged with attempted murder. That simple. Hold the government and officials responsible. The highest guy in the chain of command who gave the "OK" for them to be used should be charged.... IF it is proven they are dangerous.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
By the statements of these scientists ,almost pretty obvious I would say?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
i have a relative who works in airport security in schipol airport Amsterdam. they mainly use the body scanners in high risk flights and people who might be high risk. i do know more but i am not putting this persons job at risk by revealing more info. but what i can say is the people working with them do not like them either, they dont have the choice to say no im not using them on people and they are aware of the dangers involved.
if you pose no threat or dont act suspicious or have no previous history of violating rules by bringing in contraband or whatever, you have a very low chance of being subjected to these body scanners, also dont give them a reason to put you threw one either by giving them a mouthfull, remember they dont like it as much as you do, only difference is they have to do it as their job,and jobs are very scarce over there. its not a case of changing jobs, if it was this person would be long gone i tell you that.

i agree with the OP. these are very dangerous machines and i dont think they should be used- AT ALL.

just my 2 cents

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by scoobyrob

I can understand the need for such equipment, and we have to protect our airports for smugglers and terrorists. So better research would be in place. until then don't use them, maybe after printing this pdf you could walk away from it ?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Got some at gatwick (was there around last july) but you didn't have to go thorugh them you got a choice between the old way or the new.
edit on 6-1-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

And what did you choose?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

New, becasue it was around 6 in the morning and the que for the old was moving at a snail pace and had silly amounts of people waiting to go through.
edit on 6-1-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
This stirred me to place this article, when I was reading this I asked myself how many people would already have died because of this?

And how many people walk daily through these scanners?

And were do they use full body scans? only in the US or also in other countries. For me this only isn't a matter of the US but I think for every traveling person on this world were they use these machines.

I mean :

Ionizing means it knocks the electrons out of your body, which breaks your DNA chain, which can cause death or cancer," Dauer said.

WTF.. breaking your DNA chain? sounds pretty scary to me...

UCSF sientists: This is an urgent situation as these X-ray scanners are rapidly being implemented as a primary screening step for all air travel passengers.
very clear words I would say.

Sources :

PressTV
UCSF
PDF

Have a safe flight...

worse is that they scan you using a INTENSE narrow beam.

like a tv screen CATHODE RAY TUBE.

The beam is focused into a INTENSE narrow beam just a like magnifying glass focuses the suns rays to burn you.

then it scans you line by line all over.

this makes it very dangerous and cancer inducing.

the TSA and the machine makers have faked test results or not released them.

also they do store images.

new topics

top topics

join