It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Record Themselves Planting Drugs

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
So out of Utica, a video is making its way around the web...

Two cops have accidentally recorded themselves planting drugs on a suspect.

Video + Report

The Utica Police Department’s Office of Professional Standards has begun their own investigation in the manner, which will be followed up by a probe by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. One of the suspects obtained the tape and forwarded it to the NAACP and FBI, prompting the recent reinvestigation nearly a year after the initial incident.

Hmm, maybe the FBI and the NAACP getting involved might actually see the officer(s) brought-up on some form of charges...

+1 for the dash-board cam.
edit on 6-1-2012 by YouAreLiedTo because: added vid

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Star & Flag

Seems to me the Police Officer should be charged with Possession with intent to distribute.

But we all know that nothing more than being re-trained in how to plant evidence without being caught will be all that occurs.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
A full video was released, where the cops pulled the drugs out of the suspects pockets initially.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
A full video was released, where the cops pulled the drugs out of the suspects pockets initially.

Link to video?

I'm not trying to hop on the "don't believe the police" wagon...

But anytime I have seen a video of a dash-board cam in a drug stop and something is found on the suspect, they place the substance on the hood of the car...

Not in their back pocket to take it out when they later climb in the back seat of the suspects car...

Just sayin'...
edit on 6-1-2012 by YouAreLiedTo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
VIDEO:FULL DASHCAM VIDEO OF 2/11/11 Utica Police traffic stop (from WKTV.com)

This has already been debunked...they didn't plant anything!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Already debunked.

Here is the ATS thread: Cop got caught planting evidence. (DEBUNKED, case of sensationalism)

OiO

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Ok, just watched the whole incident...

Still two ways to look at it, and I can see both of them...

1) Yes, it did look like they found something on the first guy. but...

2) With the second suspect, he did exactly what you are supposed to do, put the evidence on the hood.

Also, it just doesn't look like the same bag he pulled out...

And lastly, why when he emerges from the car, is the bag completely open and unrolled?

It (whatever it was) was knotted at the top when he pulled it out of the guy's pocket.

I mean yeah, we could just have a case of a severely poorly trained officer... or we could have a case of a cop finding enough evidence to charge the guy with possession, but wanted to up the ante to intent?

With what is on the tape, it is impossible to tell either way. But I do appreciate you posting me the full video, puts things in better context.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Star and flag from me! I was stationed at Ft Drum in upstate NY and I had friends that lived in Utica so I am familiar with the area. Doesn't surprise me one bit that they are out there planting dope.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Seems like RT news and the young turks jumped the gun

Secondly would be pretty silly , not to know your dash cam was running.

But glad its debunked.

Jumped the gun there eh omg police are so evil crowd ?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I see this video has been debunked but I just wanted to state the obvious. This is not to say that they do not plant stuff to get people arrested. They also "lose evidence" and also take drugs and then when they fill the report out they don't account for all of it.

Cops are like politicians they are all about corrupt (my guess is about 50/50).

Visit and Like ---> www.facebook.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TopElite

I wouldn't exactly call it debunked...

As I said, even if the officers did find the drugs on the suspect, he still didn't follow protocol. Sticking something in your back pocket is a pretty $#***y chain of custody. (Again, why were they smart enough to throw the evidence on the hood from one suspect and not the other?...)

Even if the officers were 100% honest in what they said happened:

1) They should be trained better

2) They shouldn't ever put evidence in their pocket

and for the largest part of it...

3) They shouldn't after finding evidence and putting it in their pocket... take it back OUT of their pocket before climbing back in the vehicle, only to emerge with it completely open and unwrapped.

Like I said earlier. It does look like something was found earlier in the video... but it also looks like the bag grew in size by about 200% by the end of the video, and was also un-knotted and open after being taken out of the car.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The fact that I lived there for a couple of months disgusts even me. When I went to college there I witnessed a Black man pulling a gun on the car in front of me through the passenger side window, then put it back in his coat pocket. The only time I have ever witnessed that.
Total crap hole that place is.
edit on 1/6/2012 by Irish614 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
alot of cops are corrupt, old news.

where i live its common knowledge and the . of a districts police department has been known to deal blow, i know this because i know people in the game.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Cops need a new motto. I propose "to observe and collect"

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LonelyGuy
Cops need a new motto. I propose "to observe and collect"

I about got down in the floor laughing at this. Reminds me of watching Super Troopers and the guy says "hey did that grass we confiscated have that sticker on the bag" guy casually pulls the bag out of his pocket and says no it didn't.

new topics

top topics

join