It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy SEAL accidentally shoots self

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
LINKYPOO

'NOTHER

San Diego police say a Navy SEAL is on life support after accidentally shooting himself in the head.

Officer Frank Cali tells U-T San Diego that officers were called to a home in Pacific Beach at about 2 a.m. Thursday on a report that a man had been playing with a gun and accidentally shot himself.

Cali says the man was showing guns to a woman he'd met earlier at a bar and put a pistol he believed was unloaded to his head. Cali says he then pulled the trigger.

In a statement, Commodore Collin Green says the Naval Special Warfare community is saddened by the incident and extends "our hearts and prayers" to the family in this difficult time.

don't they train these guys a little bit better than this? i mean...this dude was trained to be a ninja and accidentally shoots himself in the head? maybe a member of the team that "killed" osama last year??? or perhaps knew one of them and knew a little more than he should have? no name? no data. but we get reports of local soldiers who died in iraq weekly on the local news and they say names?

hmmmm.........
edit on 1/6/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Wow... talk about stupid!! Firstly showing off to a girl he met in a bar and then shooting himself..?

Isnt the seals supposed to be one of the best units in the American military? if so, I wouldn't bother with that little war in Iran...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
Wow... talk about stupid!! Firstly showing off to a girl he met in a bar and then shooting himself..?

Isnt the seals supposed to be one of the best units in the American military? if so, I wouldn't bother with that little war in Iran...

i know this is a conspiracy site but i don't wanna jump on this...but yeah....does seem fishy to me. i just can't see a navy SEAL being that dumb. i mean...the US puts roughly $500,000 of training into each SEAL (per the Finishing School by Dick Couch). this just doesn't seem right???

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
This incident reminds me alot of a similar one in Iraq where Australia's best sniper was "cleaning his gun and accidentaly shot himself in the head." In Aus, there was a huge uproar, with the government covering up heaps of details, while later changing the story twice. I mean, the soldiers 'body' came back, but when they opened the coffin, it was some mexican guy?!!! How bizarre

Perhaps, all these secret soldiers and snipers know of certain details in operations that they must be 'dealt' with? I also remember that in Iraq, one of the important SASR (Aus's, best Special Force unit) got accidentaly "ran over by his mates." Now i understand that some of these incidents may be just accidents, but come on, you don't get the best soldiers in the force and say that they had accidents!
edit on 6-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

i do remember hearing about that now. yeah...why so vague? they tell us johnny scratchsaddle got shot in an armed robbery while working at the local package store last night...tell us officer johnson blower of NYPD was shot and killed last night...tell us marine sergeant timmy wildman was killed while working a border gate in iraq last night...but can't say the name of the SEAL who is on life support?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

i know this is a conspiracy site but i don't wanna jump on this...but yeah....does seem fishy to me. i just can't see a navy SEAL being that dumb. i mean...the US puts roughly $500,000 of training into each SEAL (per the Finishing School by Dick Couch). this just doesn't seem right???

If we want to go down the conspiracy route... Maybe she was an agent for tptb.. He found out something (or spilled secrets) She shot him in the head...

It does seem strange a highly trained soldier shooting himself..? Not sure exactly how your military works but surely you have to be highly intelligent in the first place to even get into this unit..?

But to be fair.. no matter who you are or what you do.. there is always room for error and we all do make mistakes (albeit a serious one this time)

Also the guy was in a bar.. so he was obviously drinking... maybe he was completely hammered..?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

the NAVY SEALS are the elite of the elite. you have to be smart, sane and incredibly fit to be one of them.

conspiracy now...well...i mean...if it's a cover up...being at that bar would be an awesome excuse. now...if he in fact was hammered...tis possible. from the way the story reads, it would seem as though these were his own guns, in which case, he would have known it was loaded. SEALS are skilled and highly trained...brainwashed to an extent. this is not typical SEAL behavior.

not that SEALS are perfect but they are brainwashed to be disciplined...this would just seem out of character for a SEAL. accidents do happen and anyone could make a bad judgement call...but this just seems fishy. maybe i shouldn't have drank that second cup of coffee this morn

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

He had left a bar. Did the idea of him being intoxicated even pass through your mind. It is time to start thinking outside the box

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86

He had left a bar. Did the idea of him being intoxicated even pass through your mind. It is time to start thinking outside the box

ok...your turn: think outside the box:

say TPTB did hit this guy...the only way to explain a SEAL shooting himself in the head, accidentally, would be that he was drunk and chasing some putang...

everyone is crazy until proven correct!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

Even if he was drunk he is still an idiot....
Showing off with a gun wow does that get you laid in the US?
"Iam a navy seal Iam so hard I can dodge bullets"...erm no you can't

edit on 6-1-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by THEDUDE86

Showing off with a gun wow does that get you laid in the US?
"Iam a navy seal Iam so hard I can dodge bullets"...erm no you can't

no...it doesn't get you laid but guys around here think that it's manly to play with guns and so they want to look manly for the lady...you know...cuz seeing you blow your brains out will totally get you in her panties!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Hey I wonder if she is going to see him again

If he gets better of course.
But I hope the guy gets well cos he is in for some stick from his fellow seals.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
You guys make me laugh
Highly trained and covert military men have egos the size of the sun. It's not out of the ordinary for any of these highly trained guys to suffer emotional issues. In this case, he really did take it all to his head

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

You know, unfortunately if he does have a full recovery, he will probably be discharged due to reckless behaviour or something. Sucks to be him.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by boymonkey74

You know, unfortunately if he does have a full recovery, he will probably be discharged due to reckless behaviour or something. Sucks to be him.

So he should be...

There is a protocol to be followed here in the British military which states..

"If working with the U.S military on covert operations and American troops are armed..... duck!"

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
title should read

idiot shoots self in head

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Can't trust the trigger happy Americans
(jokes)

But yes, considering he was hammered/stupid enough to pull the trigger let alone aim the gun at his head, he should definitely be discharged.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Grey Lady down

Your dedication is appreciated, and you will be missed.

Here's to hoping you find peace brother.
edit on 6-1-2012 by vogon42 because: typo

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Depending what team he was a part of his name could be kept classified.

With most of ST6 being taken out in that chopper, I'd gamble to say he was most likely a part of that team.
edit on 6-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join